• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
jhburgess said:   Thanks OP - a State Farm CSR had told me the link wouldn't be available until mid-January.
BTW, if you prefer the download version of the program instead of online filing, downloads are available through the same link. When you get to the TurboTax page, instead of clicking start a return, click on the tab for Download/CD. The page will give you the available versions and prices. Prices are the same as last year - Federal Basic is free; Deluxe Federal + State is $20, etc.

This is exactly how it worked for me. I didn't purchase it yet though, because I have a question. I hope someone here can answer it: If you purchase the downloadable version of Turbo Tax Deluxe (or Premier) does it let you prepare AND FILE more than one (1) return for no additional charge? I know that in the past when I have bought the packaged Turbo Tax Deluxe software from Amazon or from Staples, it allowed me to FILE up to five (5) returns. I wonder if the downloadable version will let you do that also, or if it is restricted to one Federal and one State e-file.

Well, I feel a bit guilty about this: earlier I clicked through a T Rowe Price link for a online premiere $0 federal / $36 state. I wanted to see if I could could do better than $36, so I decided to do the $20 federal / $0 state through State Farm's link. Well, I guess the two stacked since I am now have premier $0 federal and $0 state.

rjbismark said:   Well, I feel a bit guilty about this: earlier I clicked through a T Rowe Price link for a online premiere $0 federal / $36 state. I wanted to see if I could could do better than $36, so I decided to do the $20 federal / $0 state through State Farm's link. Well, I guess the two stacked since I am now have premier $0 federal and $0 state.

What's the T Rowe Price link you used? Thanks.

budster said:   
rjbismark said:   Well, I feel a bit guilty about this: earlier I clicked through a T Rowe Price link for a online premiere $0 federal / $36 state. I wanted to see if I could could do better than $36, so I decided to do the $20 federal / $0 state through State Farm's link. Well, I guess the two stacked since I am now have premier $0 federal and $0 state.

What's the T Rowe Price link you used? Thanks.

I would assume its this, but it says its expired:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1330342/

No dice with the schedule D - IMO, very sleezy. I am using TurboTax to fill out most of the stuff and then go to https://www.freefilefillableforms.com/ to complete my taxes.

Or download the free Basic version - it includes schedule D.

anyone still seeing free through State Farm? I'm getting a total of $54.

It seems TurboTax is trying to get you to buy more stuff. I tried to add a bond sale, it said I needed premier for $20. I tried to add a 1099-misc and it said I needed the home and business for $30. It didn't do this last year.

If you click through to the next page to order, the discounted price of $50 shows up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014