QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Free Turbotax Deluxe Online 2013 for State Farm Bank customers (including State & efile)

2 of 8
dblevitan
12/21/13 1:12 PM
Are you sure that this is all you need to do? I had already started my taxes for this year for planning pursposes, and if I just follow OP's instructions, it doesn't seem to unlock printing/e-filing. I think you need to do the additional step of printing your forms (incomplete is fine). It then asks you to register, shows the $0 pricing information, and you can then download the forms (the pages also start showing a state farm logo).
jlkc
12/21/13 2:43 PM
I saw online that Schedule D is not included in the TT deluxe ONLINE version, but it IS available in the DESKTOP version.  Does anyone know if the DOWNLOAD version contains Schedule D?

NM, saw that someone else said that the DOWNLOAD version DOES contain Schedule D.
fr
12/21/13 5:41 PM
What's up with "Turb0Tax?"
CSREwallet
12/21/13 6:06 PM
dblevitan said:   

Are you sure that this is all you need to do? I had already started my taxes for this year for planning pursposes, and if I just follow OP's instructions, it doesn't seem to unlock printing/e-filing. I think you need to do the additional step of printing your forms (incomplete is fine). It then asks you to register, shows the $0 pricing information, and you can then download the forms (the pages also start showing a state farm logo).


  Added step # 7 to OP. After registering, under Turb0Tax fees, it shows (Paid).
fr said:   

What's up with "Turb0Tax?"


To avoid automatically link certain words to URLs in my message
FSGilbert
12/21/13 7:10 PM
I didn't have a SFarm account, so I signed up to open a checking acct via a payment from my cc. Worked fine. I didn't select any local agent in the sign-up process, so I'll probably go into some agent-pool; or maybe, if I'm stupendously lucky, all I'll get is the usual bulk mail stuff that I would get from the local SFarm agent anyway.

After signing up I followed OP's directions, which mostly proceeded as written. Going slowly, however, worked wonders, because there were a few differences, e.g., no section entitled "State & Wrap up" but, going to "State" accomplished the same thing. I also had to futz around a bit using Everything.exe to find my 2012 return to import. That may have been due, in part, to the fact that I couldn't file electronically last year (problems with recharacterization of an IRA). "Everything" managed to find the correct file, though, and the import from 2012 went fine thereafter (although the software did cause me a brief moment of anxiety when it said it was now ready to calculate my 2012 taxes, rather than 2013). Regardless, when it finished the import it went back to telling me it was working on 2013. Per OP's steps 7&8 (Print Center elements) everything then went along as described, with a final cost of $0.00--my favorite amount on the liabilities side. So, many thanks, CSREWallet! I'll look forward to your updates.
billrubin
12/21/13 8:01 PM
jlkc said:   

I saw online that Schedule D is not included in the TT deluxe ONLINE version, but it IS available in the DESKTOP version.  Does anyone know if the DOWNLOAD version contains Schedule D?

NM, saw that someone else said that the DOWNLOAD version DOES contain Schedule D.


So it seems like if you need to do schedule D's with the State Farm offer, you've either got to pay $20 to get the download version, or some upgrade price to get Premier online.

Is this correct?
tbuccelli
12/21/13 9:27 PM
jlkc said:   

I saw online that Schedule D is not included in the TT deluxe ONLINE version, but it IS available in the DESKTOP version.  Does anyone know if the DOWNLOAD version contains Schedule D?

NM, saw that someone else said that the DOWNLOAD version DOES contain Schedule D.


  
Yes, and either way you will end up paying $20. The downloadable version of Deluxe is $20 and the upgrade to Premier online is also $20.
billrubin
12/21/13 10:24 PM
tbuccelli said:   


jlkc said:   

I saw online that Schedule D is not included in the TT deluxe ONLINE version, but it IS available in the DESKTOP version.  Does anyone know if the DOWNLOAD version contains Schedule D?

NM, saw that someone else said that the DOWNLOAD version DOES contain Schedule D.


  
Yes, and either way you will end up paying $20. The downloadable version of Deluxe is $20 and the upgrade to Premier online is also $20.


I wonder if there will be a backlash against this that will cause them to reconsider their decision to not have the online product support schedule D's. Supporting investments has always been a major feature of the upgrade to TT Deluxe.
cpaynter
12/22/13 8:55 AM
FSGilbert said:   

I didn't have a SFarm account, so I signed up to open a checking acct via a payment from my cc. Worked fine. I didn't select any local agent in the sign-up process, so I'll probably go into some agent-pool; or maybe, if I'm stupendously lucky, all I'll get is the usual bulk mail stuff that I would get from the local SFarm agent anyway.

After signing up I followed OP's directions, which mostly proceeded as written. Going slowly, however, worked wonders, because there were a few differences, e.g., no section entitled "State & Wrap up" but, going to "State" accomplished the same thing. I also had to futz around a bit using Everything.exe to find my 2012 return to import. That may have been due, in part, to the fact that I couldn't file electronically last year (problems with recharacterization of an IRA). "Everything" managed to find the correct file, though, and the import from 2012 went fine thereafter (although the software did cause me a brief moment of anxiety when it said it was now ready to calculate my 2012 taxes, rather than 2013). Regardless, when it finished the import it went back to telling me it was working on 2013. Per OP's steps 7&8 (Print Center elements) everything then went along as described, with a final cost of $0.00--my favorite amount on the liabilities side. So, many thanks, CSREWallet! I'll look forward to your updates.


  
So did you have to wait for some time after opening the checking account?  Because when I try to go through the registration, I'm pasting the account number I got from State Farm for the account signup, but get "Please verify bank account number" when trying to register.  Makes me think the account has to be funded before I can register?

Chris.

ETA:  nm, I got it!
MisterEd
12/22/13 9:40 AM
cpaynter said:   


FSGilbert said:   

I didn't have a SFarm account, so I signed up to open a checking acct via a payment from my cc. Worked fine. I didn't select any local agent in the sign-up process, so I'll probably go into some agent-pool; or maybe, if I'm stupendously lucky, all I'll get is the usual bulk mail stuff that I would get from the local SFarm agent anyway.

After signing up I followed OP's directions, which mostly proceeded as written. Going slowly, however, worked wonders, because there were a few differences, e.g., no section entitled "State & Wrap up" but, going to "State" accomplished the same thing. I also had to futz around a bit using Everything.exe to find my 2012 return to import. That may have been due, in part, to the fact that I couldn't file electronically last year (problems with recharacterization of an IRA). "Everything" managed to find the correct file, though, and the import from 2012 went fine thereafter (although the software did cause me a brief moment of anxiety when it said it was now ready to calculate my 2012 taxes, rather than 2013). Regardless, when it finished the import it went back to telling me it was working on 2013. Per OP's steps 7&8 (Print Center elements) everything then went along as described, with a final cost of $0.00--my favorite amount on the liabilities side. So, many thanks, CSREWallet! I'll look forward to your updates.


  
So did you have to wait for some time after opening the checking account?  Because when I try to go through the registration, I'm pasting the account number I got from State Farm for the account signup, but get "Please verify bank account number" when trying to register.  Makes me think the account has to be funded before I can register?

Chris.


  That is correct.  According to CHAT you have to wait for the account to fund.  However the email I received did NOT have an account number it only had CONFIRMATION NUMBER.  I funded by ACH not CC so maybe that made a difference.
2 of 8
Please select a reason for your RED vote:







You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.
Loading...