QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Free Turbotax Deluxe Online 2013 for State Farm Bank customers (including State & efile)

3 of 8
khom
12/22/13 9:44 AM
Anyone know if they have a downloadable version for Macs/OSX?
blue427cobra
12/22/13 10:26 AM
Strange the TurboTax site doesn't mention the 2013 tax year beyond the initial page and that "Federal and State" is not mentioned on the order screen. Has anyone downloaded and confirmed this CD is for 2013 and includes free state?
MisterEd
12/22/13 10:27 AM
blue427cobra said:   

Strange the TurboTax site doesn't mention the 2013 tax year beyond the initial page and that "Federal and State" is not mentioned on the order screen. Has anyone downloaded and confirmed this CD is for 2013 includes free state?

Go to Turb0tax.com and look under PRODUCTS.  Details and comparisons for every 2013 version (download and online) are there.
FSGilbert
12/22/13 12:08 PM
Can't say for sure what is occurring, but Chris is right in that I funded by cc, rather than ACH. Wells Fargo charges $3 to xfer from them to someone else (free in other direction), so I chose to use my cc to fund the account. There was no lag in being able to get to the Turb0Tax offer using the cc-funding method.
cpaynter
12/22/13 12:44 PM
OK, I'm in.  First, I had screwed up and hadn't finished the last step of registration last night.  Apparently, as a result, it wasn't recognizing my account number.  So this morning I started the process all over again.  This time I followed through to the final step, but SF said it was having technical problems with the registration.  Waited a bit and tried registering through the home page, and was successful.  But then when I actually logged in, it turns out they actually opened two deposit accounts, so two $100 CC transactions.  Whoopee!  That's a whole $4 in CC rewards!  I'll probably just have to get both combined into a single account.  Edit: I'm glad the OP says there's no hard pull, because I'd have to have used two hard pulls for this!  

Also, while the confirmation email only had a confirmation number, State Farm did give me an actual account number on the penultimate registration screen.  I used that account number to register for online access.

Anyhow, I was able to sign up and register for the free TurboTax Deluxe fed & state.  Thanks OP!

Chris.
giantsfan2
12/22/13 1:34 PM
billrubin said:   

So it seems like if you need to do schedule D's with the State Farm offer, you've either got to pay $20 to get the download version, or some upgrade price to get Premier online.

Is this correct?

You can still use the TurboTax Basic free download to do Schedule D. I just download my transactions from my brokerage and Schedule D is generated from that.  I've never needed the additional interview process you get in TurboTax Deluxe.
FSGilbert
12/22/13 1:44 PM
Per OP, "Soft pull, and pays no interest."
BlackFire
12/22/13 4:40 PM
Funding via Cc - does that end up getting treated as cash advance? Have a 5k spend goal to hit rewards bonus, but not enough to pay cash advance rates!
MisterEd
12/22/13 5:36 PM
BlackFire said:   

Funding via Cc - does that end up getting treated as cash advance? Have a 5k spend goal to hit rewards bonus, but not enough to pay cash advance rates!

Most you can do with a CC is $100 (maybe $200 - don't remember) I believe.  Just do $25 and worse case it will cost you a buck.
FSGilbert
12/22/13 7:50 PM
Mine cc history shows the payment to SFarm as a pending transaction for $25. However, the detail indicates it was categorized as WIRE TRANSFER MONEY ORDERS, and that, "Because this is a pending transaction, the final amount may change.If a pending transaction appears twice, it doesn't indicate that your account will be billed twice. The actual amount you spent will appear when it posts to your account within five (5) business days." I don't know if that eventually will trigger a service charge or not, since I have no experience using the card for cash advances. Maybe someone else can interpret what CapitalOne means by all of that.
3 of 8
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.