QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Free Turbotax Deluxe Online 2013 for State Farm Bank customers (including State & efile)

4 of 8
jmw11
12/22/13 8:00 PM
Why not just use a debit card or ACH transfer? Too risky to pay cash advance fees.
billrubin
12/23/13 12:26 PM
FSGilbert said:   

Can't say for sure what is occurring, but Chris is right in that I funded by cc, rather than ACH. Wells Fargo charges $3 to xfer from them to someone else (free in other direction), so I chose to use my cc to fund the account. There was no lag in being able to get to the Turb0Tax offer using the cc-funding method.

Are you saying that they charge $3 for an outgoing transfer if initiated by the receiving bank?? I've never heard of that before. I can see them charging for initiating it on their site, but presumably you'd be doing a pull from SF, not a push from WG.
MisterEd
12/23/13 2:54 PM
billrubin said:   

FSGilbert said:   

Can't say for sure what is occurring, but Chris is right in that I funded by cc, rather than ACH. Wells Fargo charges $3 to xfer from them to someone else (free in other direction), so I chose to use my cc to fund the account. There was no lag in being able to get to the Turb0Tax offer using the cc-funding method.

Are you saying that they charge $3 for an outgoing transfer if initiated by the receiving bank?? I've never heard of that before. I can see them charging for initiating it on their site, but presumably you'd be doing a pull from SF, not a push from WG.

They only charge if YOU initiate ACH from your WF account but for an ACH PULL they never charge.  I've done hundreds of them  without fee over the years. 
MisterEd
12/25/13 10:39 AM
Cap One just hit me with a $10 CA fee for a $25 deposit via CC.
manrental
12/25/13 11:47 AM
Has anyone had success downloading the Business Turbo Tax for $50?

When I go to download check out, the price changed from $50 to $149 (regular price)?
ProfessorEd
12/25/13 4:09 PM
It is best to start by paying the $20 or so to purchase a downloadable copy, if you plan to eventually.

This is easier than making sure you get the free online service, and you see immediately if you are not getting the price expected (unlike with the online process where you can find that you must pay or start over if you did it wrong)..

As pointed out, this gets you the state tax forms filled in. Also I find that you need this, if you want to go form by form, which at least I do. I do not see how to override certain details without going form by form.

Even if eventually everything will be filled in with the exact numbers, I plan to make intelligent estimates now to determine things like whether it is my interest to do some last minute moves such as selling securities, large charitable contributions, taking more money from my retirement account, paying certain bills this year (rather than next) etc.

If you start with the free online version (per instructions), the work done appears not to transfer when you buy the downloaded version. Even if this is just the updating of the personal information and dependents, this is some lost time.
inurface
12/27/13 10:05 AM
Thanks again State Farm Bank!!!

Thanks OP for the instructions too!
cpaynter
12/27/13 3:05 PM
MisterEd said:   

Cap One just hit me with a $10 CA fee for a $25 deposit via CC.

Ditto for Barclay Arrival card. 

Chris.
Twister
12/30/13 1:00 AM
Thanks OP!! I couldn't find the link on the State Farm site, I kept ending up at last years page. With a son in college, need to get those taxes done ASAP and get that wonderful FAFSA filed.
nanotube
12/30/13 11:38 PM
Nothing happens after clicking the "Get Started" button. Anyone else having this problem? Also weird is that my page after following op's link says TurboTax 2014...
I've tried IE10 and Chrome, also private mode, no dice.

Turbotax 2014? [ image/png - 99.56kB ]
4 of 8
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.