• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
no luck either :-/
when I click on "Get Started"
I get
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/microsite/turnaway.jsp?_request...

Our Apologies

We cannot find the page you requested. You may have incorrectly typed the address (URL) or clicked an outdated link.

For assistance, please contact the institution that provided the link, or to learn more about TurboTax Online, please visit TurboTax.com.

rudolf said:   no luck either :-/
when I click on "Get Started"
I get
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/microsite/turnaway.jsp?_requestid=14363

Our Apologies

We cannot find the page you requested. You may have incorrectly typed the address (URL) or clicked an outdated link.

For assistance, please contact the institution that provided the link, or to learn more about TurboTax Online, please visit TurboTax.com.

Getting the same message as you.  I have been able to use this for quite a few years (I even started the 2011 thread)

Hope I can still get this.

Getting the error as well. I had logged in and established access as soon as this was available before Christmas, but am not able to get back in at this point. Hopefully a temporary issue.

Getting same error here too...

Not seeing the links on the normal SF bank login page yet. Seems like the deal might be in the air yet.

Usually, offer is limited to first 25,000 that Register to use Turb0Tax Online.

Check this thread for a free offer through TRowe (affiliation not reqd.)

Meanwhile on the hot deals forum (now expired):
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1330186/

How the hell did FWF miss this?

Its still giving that message.
Our Apologies

Hopefully this is sorted out by mid January. Been getting TurboTax from statefarm the past 6 years.

Here's what I just got back from State Farm when I sent them a message:
Thank you for contacting State Farm Bank®. State Farm Bank generally makes TurboTax available in the early part of January. Currently, my department has not been provided with a date for January 2014. The link will be updated the day it is available and there is no limit on the number of customers that can take advantage of this offer.

In case anyone is wondering, funding a checking account with a Chase credit card counts as a cash advance. :/

billrubin said:   
tbuccelli said:   
jlkc said:   I saw online that Schedule D is not included in the TT deluxe ONLINE version, but it IS available in the DESKTOP version.  Does anyone know if the DOWNLOAD version contains Schedule D?

NM, saw that someone else said that the DOWNLOAD version DOES contain Schedule D.

Yes, and either way you will end up paying $20. The downloadable version of Deluxe is $20 and the upgrade to Premier online is also $20.

I wonder if there will be a backlash against this that will cause them to reconsider their decision to not have the online product support schedule D's. Supporting investments has always been a major feature of the upgrade to TT Deluxe.

Now Intuit is offering me the upgrade to Premier for $50 - time for me to look elsewhere. I am hesitant to leave money with State Farm as I am guessing next year will be worse.

Jan 9th Response from State Farm :Thank you for contacting State Farm Bank®.
At this time, we are still offering TurboTax to our customers.  We are currently waiting on TurboTax to give us the updated link so our customers can complete their 2013 tax returns.  At this time, the offer will be available to the first 25,000 customers.  We have been advised by TurboTax that the update should be live on our website by the end of January 2014.

The State Farm TurboTax page I have used in prior years (https://www.statefarm.com/about-us/company-overview/promotions/t... shows:

----

TurboTax® 2013 is Here

This tax season, State Farm® is offering great deals on fast, easy tax preparation from Turbo Tax. Follow Turbo Tax's simple step-by-step instructions to receive your guaranteed maximum refund. It's quick, its accurate, and it's more affordable than ever.

Get FREE access to TurboTax 2013 Preparation through the State Farm® TurboTax® promotion.

Coming January 19, 2014!
----

Looks like there are delays (and some confusion) in getting the program setup this year.

It's live, fellas.  Says state is additional on the sign-up page, but when you follow the link for more info it is indeed free for both state and federal.

a few questions want to make sure (may have been repeated elsewhere)...

1. for the download version deluxe is $20. for the online version deluxe is $0*
* with an indication of how much you pay now. does that mean you pay later something later (if so how much)? or does it mean we pay $0 later?

dont want to complete all my taxes and be told i have fees

2. with the online version, are we able to print out the pdf result of our state and federal filing WITHOUT fees? i specifically do not want to efile.

3. schedule d is not included in the online version. is that a final answer?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1916994-does-turbo-tax-deluxe-include-schedule-d 

this states all DELUXE versions does not have schedule d, a contradiction of what was reported in a FW thread

simmias said:   It's live, fellas.  Says state is additional on the sign-up page, but when you follow the link for more info it is indeed free for both state and federal.
  Has anybody gone all the way to step 8 in the original post and verified that State is actually free?  The reason that I ask is tthat I file schedule C and two state returns.  I'm willing to pay $30 for the online Home and Business so I can get schedule C, but don't want to pay an additional $80 for the two state returns.

It live. Download version of Premier is $30 (with state). Didn't work in Chrome at first but got it by switching to IE. Thanks.

Thanks OP and simmias. Finally working. Followed link. Logged into State Farm. Selected the Download product. Picked the Buy Premier for $30. Downloading.
Thanks again!

bluechalk said:   
simmias said:   It's live, fellas.  Says state is additional on the sign-up page, but when you follow the link for more info it is indeed free for both state and federal.
  Has anybody gone all the way to step 8 in the original post and verified that State is actually free?  The reason that I ask is tthat I file schedule C and two state returns.  I'm willing to pay $30 for the online Home and Business so I can get schedule C, but don't want to pay an additional $80 for the two state returns.

Yes, I managed to register for free state e-filing (for CA, if it matters).

Thanks OP and everyone else. I followed link and directions and am verified for free. Including state taxes for Ohio.

Thanks OP.  I didn't use OP's link because I didn't have to.   My comments are for purchasing a download version.

I got a link to TurboTax directly on my State Farm checking account initial page after logging in.  It was on the right side under "Additional Resources".  It states "Prepare your Taxes" with a TurboTax checkmark logo.  "Get free or discounted TurboTax products from State Farm"

I already had a TurboTax account, so I logged into TurboTax.   The problem I ran into was that it only offered me the online versions and no download versions.  (FYI, the online versions seem to offer everything correctly including free state).   There wasn't a place for me to click through to look for download TT products.  I had to do a search in TurboTax's search box at the top for the download version I wanted for TT Home & Business.  Once I found download version of  TT for Home & Business fed+state+free fed efiling, it did give the correct State Farm price of $40.    Purchased and downloaded without any problems.  YMMV

I have a State Farm Credit Card account.  I was able to access online and download versions of TurboTax by logging into my State Farm account.  There is a "Prepare Your Taxes" link on the right side of the "Policies and Accounts" page.  That link takes you to Intuit's TurboTax website.  On Intuit's website immediately below the banner "Save on TurboTax Federal Products" are links to the Online and Download products.

State is noted as additional for all online products.
State is included for all download versions except for the Basic and Business versions. 
Federal e-file is noted as free for all online and download products.

In the past the TurboTax Deluxe download version included 1 free state download and 5 free federal e-files but no free state e-file.  I expect the same this year.

State is included free, including free e-file, with the online version via State Farm link:

After you finish your federal tax return, we’ll transfer your information automatically and you’ll be given the option of completing your state taxes using TurboTax, for only $36.99 FREE per state.

Add TurboTax State from the State Taxes section of your TurboTax federal product.

Filing your state taxes is easy with TurboTax

How much does TurboTax Online State cost?

TurboTax State with Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business: Only $36.99 FREE
per state.
Prices are determined at the time of print or efile and are subject to change without notice.

What’s included with TurboTax Online State?
Free Efile – With TurboTax State you can efile your return for no additional cost

tbuccelli said:   
tbuccelli said:   
Yes, and either way you will end up paying $20. The downloadable version of Deluxe is $20 and the upgrade to Premier online is also $20.

Now Intuit is offering me the upgrade to Premier for $50 - time for me to look elsewhere. I am hesitant to leave money with State Farm as I am guessing next year will be worse.

What was it last year? What was it last year for Home & Business? Let us know if you find it cheaper else where.

-d

dlong said:   
What was it last year? What was it last year for Home & Business? Let us know if you find it cheaper else where.

-d

Home & Business download version was $40 last year and $40 this year.

dlong said:   
tbuccelli said:   
tbuccelli said:   

-d

Sorry for the delay - I don't know what the price was last year, I did not need the upgrade as I only had one stock sale, so I did not pay attention. 

I have switched over to TaxAct now - just to try it out. It seems similar, though not as much "help", but I did not really use that anyway. Will be $18 for the Fed/State bundle and I will probably go that route. Basically, I would rather pay the same amount to the new company because I have no idea what Intuit will do next year.

Tom

tbuccelli said:   
dlong said:   
tbuccelli said:   

-d

Sorry for the delay - I don't know what the price was last year, I did not need the upgrade as I only had one stock sale, so I did not pay attention. 

I have switched over to TaxAct now - just to try it out. It seems similar, though not as much "help", but I did not really use that anyway. Will be $18 for the Fed/State bundle and I will probably go that route. Basically, I would rather pay the same amount to the new company because I have no idea what Intuit will do next year.
Tom

No problem. I used TaxAct a while back before, when pricing was cheaper than TT but it got expensive. Looks like TaxAct pricing is back down again. For a while there it seemed like their Deluxe version with e-filing was basically the same cost as TT Deluxe (and they 'more'versions) but without all the extra features. But it looks like, now they are down to two versions (basic and deluxe) and it's priced reasonably for the Deluxe, IMHO. Hmmm, $40 for TT H&B vs $13 TaxAct Deluxe is a tough call for me.

Not sure that I'd save that much time by staying with TT even through I already have everything in TT from last year.

-d

jlkc said:   I saw online that Schedule D is not included in the TT deluxe ONLINE version, but it IS available in the DESKTOP version.  Does anyone know if the DOWNLOAD version contains Schedule D?

NM, saw that someone else said that the DOWNLOAD version DOES contain Schedule D.

Can anyone who's used the online version tell if there is a way to add your own Schedule D transactions? Or are you stuck having to pay $20 for Deluxe download? Some folks mentioned that Premier is $20 download but I'm seeing it as $30 for that.

I'm getting $19.99 for the federal, $36.99 for State (California) - eek! Followed OP's directions. Definitely not free. And not cheap. With those costs, I'm better off using H&R Block.

jhburgess said:   Thanks OP - a State Farm CSR had told me the link wouldn't be available until mid-January.
BTW, if you prefer the download version of the program instead of online filing, downloads are available through the same link. When you get to the TurboTax page, instead of clicking start a return, click on the tab for Download/CD. The page will give you the available versions and prices. Prices are the same as last year - Federal Basic is free; Deluxe Federal + State is $20, etc.

This is exactly how it worked for me.  I didn't purchase it yet though, because I have a question.  I hope someone here can answer it:  If you purchase the downloadable version of Turbo Tax Deluxe (or Premier) does it let you prepare AND FILE more than one (1) return for no additional charge?  I know that in the past when I have bought the packaged Turbo Tax Deluxe software from Amazon or from Staples, it allowed me to FILE up to five (5) returns.  I wonder if the downloadable version will let you do that also, or if it is restricted to one Federal and one State e-file.

Well, I feel a bit guilty about this: earlier I clicked through a T Rowe Price link for a online premiere $0 federal / $36 state. I wanted to see if I could could do better than $36, so I decided to do the $20 federal / $0 state through State Farm's link. Well, I guess the two stacked since I am now have premier $0 federal and $0 state.

rjbismark said:   Well, I feel a bit guilty about this: earlier I clicked through a T Rowe Price link for a online premiere $0 federal / $36 state. I wanted to see if I could could do better than $36, so I decided to do the $20 federal / $0 state through State Farm's link. Well, I guess the two stacked since I am now have premier $0 federal and $0 state.

What's the T Rowe Price link you used? Thanks.

budster said:   
rjbismark said:   Well, I feel a bit guilty about this: earlier I clicked through a T Rowe Price link for a online premiere $0 federal / $36 state. I wanted to see if I could could do better than $36, so I decided to do the $20 federal / $0 state through State Farm's link. Well, I guess the two stacked since I am now have premier $0 federal and $0 state.

What's the T Rowe Price link you used? Thanks.

I would assume its this, but it says its expired:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1330342/

No dice with the schedule D - IMO, very sleezy. I am using TurboTax to fill out most of the stuff and then go to https://www.freefilefillableforms.com/ to complete my taxes.

Or download the free Basic version - it includes schedule D.

anyone still seeing free through State Farm? I'm getting a total of $54.

It seems TurboTax is trying to get you to buy more stuff. I tried to add a bond sale, it said I needed premier for $20. I tried to add a 1099-misc and it said I needed the home and business for $30. It didn't do this last year.

If you click through to the next page to order, the discounted price of $50 shows up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.