• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.navyfederal.org/email-marketing/creditcards/march-bt-offer.php 

Received the offer on my existing card. I would assume it is open to all current card holders, as all their recent prior promotions have been, but cannot confirm this.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Me either!

I actually paid off a previous BT promo with them so i can have room to do it again.

Epic Fail.

KYBOSH (Apr. 17, 2014 @ 7:27a) |

Got it, done deal!

Fuerza (Apr. 17, 2014 @ 12:49p) |

Is anyone getting screwed after the transfer? I moved a 0% balance to NFCU during this promo now NFCU isn't honoring the... (more)

Fuerza (May. 31, 2014 @ 7:40a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is it possible to get a check made out to yourself from this? Or would they send the check directly to the other credit card? A few years ago, I was able to pay off a HELOC using a BT offer.

Hm, I'm not seeing this anywhere on the home page or when I login to my account. I wonder if this is targeted? I've never seen a NFCU targeted BT offer, but it could happen I suppose.

I think a call to NFCU might be in order to get a clear answer on this before people go BTing...

Give it a few days to show up on the website.

RedSombrero said:   Give it a few days to show up on the website.
  That was my first inclination as well. But you know someone was going to ask about it applying to existing accounts and mention how they can't find it. I just beat them to the punch.

sweeet if I can get it to work.

I got the email as well -- clicked through and already issued my BTs.  Even though the clickthru was clearly a targeted link, after logging in, there's no indication whatsoever anywhere of the offer, which apparently is par for the course with NFCU.  It's just a little unnerving not getting any positive feedback...

Fortunately, my statement closes in the next week, so I'll be able to chase 'em down if it doesn't come though properly.

is Navy Federal open to non-navy- or non-military-related applicants?

AugustFour said:   is Navy Federal open to non-navy- or non-military-related applicants?
  https://www.navyfederal.org/how-to-become-a-member/how-to-become...

what about fees? like x% of the transfer amount?

AugustFour said:   what about fees? like x% of the transfer amount?
  No fees with this offer.

argh. I just did the 2.9% offer from Navy a few weeks ago. Has any of you ever paid Navy off and then done another BT immediately after? Did they have any issues with it?

Hmm, It must be targeted because when I click the link 'transfer today',and log in it just takes me to my main account page....not a balance transfer screen as in previous offers.

Hoping this is for everybody.

tjguitar85 said:   Hmm, It must be targeted because when I click the link 'transfer today',and log in it just takes me to my main account page....not a balance transfer screen as in previous offers.
  Same here

taylor0987 said:   argh. I just did the 2.9% offer from Navy a few weeks ago. Has any of you ever paid Navy off and then done another BT immediately after? Did they have any issues with it?
  No issues with that in the past. 

tMoV said:   
tjguitar85 said:   Hmm, It must be targeted because when I click the link 'transfer today',and log in it just takes me to my main account page....not a balance transfer screen as in previous offers.
  Same here

Just give them a call.  In the past, I've not seen the offers online but if I call, the CSR is happy to process it for me in no time flat. 

just called and tried. didn't work.

just called navy fed and attempted to use this bt offer. didnt work.

There is an edit function, neuma1bm2.

Just signed up for account and credit card.  Based on my deceased stepfather's Army service (I had to call in to sign up because he is deceased).  Approved for 25k credit limit on card.  I'm waiting to see if I can get this offer as a new card holder.  In any case, now I'll have the card already when the next offer comes along.  Thanks!

Can you apply with just a dd-214? I am a vet but receive no retirement pay.

Targeted looks like. No go for me.

WesleyB said:   Can you apply with just a dd-214? I am a vet but receive no retirement pay.

I would assume so.  Check the eligibility link posted earlier in the thread for more details.

It also looks like they now accept family where the service member did not belong to the credit union.  I don't think they did this in years past.  Anyone know if this changed recently?

gremln007 said:   
WesleyB said:   Can you apply with just a dd-214? I am a vet but receive no retirement pay.

I would assume so.  Check the eligibility link posted earlier in the thread for more details.

It also looks like they now accept family where the service member did not belong to the credit union.  I don't think they did this in years past.  Anyone know if this changed recently?

I recall somebody posting about this sometime in 2013, definitely was a policy change but can't find anything that backs that up currently.

taylor0987 said:   argh. I just did the 2.9% offer from Navy a few weeks ago. Has any of you ever paid Navy off and then done another BT immediately after? Did they have any issues with it?

I've had 0% for the last 3-4 years with my card and my wife's card which I will cycle through BT's sometimes twice in a 2 month period as part of manufactured shopping, and they've never said anything about it.

You know... I've been doing this for 3 years straight.

I REALLY want to pay the balance off in its entirety but at 1 year @ 0% with $0 fees they me look nuts for even considering it!

Horseymen said:   

I've had 0% for the last 3-4 years with my card and my wife's card which I will cycle through BT's sometimes twice in a 2 month period as part of manufactured shopping, and they've never said anything about it.

Manufactured "shopping?"

According to an NFCU rep, this is a rolling offer that is likely to be offered to everyone over time. They limit the initial numbers so as not to be overwhelmed by balance transfers all at once. The rep suggested more offers might be made every few weeks or every month or two.

jaytrader said:   
Horseymen said:   

Manufactured "shopping?"

Spending, shopping..  it's all what I'm doing at my local CVS.

"Balance transfers using convenience checks are excluded from this offer. Excludes Navy Federal Business credit cards."

Navy Federal said: Thank you for your message. The email that you received is legitimate. The balance transfer offer is valid on your existing accounts. Please submit the request through the Credit Card Balance Transfer option under the Account Services tab. The promotional rate will be applied automatically. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Your Message 03/13/2014 : I received an email for a balance transfer offer. Is it applicable to my current card or do I have to open a new card? See message below.

SegaRob said:   
Navy Federal said: Thank you for your message. The email that you received is legitimate. The balance transfer offer is valid on your existing accounts. Please submit the request through the Credit Card Balance Transfer option under the Account Services tab. The promotional rate will be applied automatically. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Your Message 03/13/2014 : I received an email for a balance transfer offer. Is it applicable to my current card or do I have to open a new card? See message below.

Did you actually receive an email or did you just say you did?

SegaRob said:   

thanks for that, i got this targeted offer and had the same question...  Was not obvious from the email.

Has anyone tried to BT from an authorized user CC? (i.e. I'm an authorized user of a CC but the account # is the same as the primary account holder.) The online BT form only asks for account # but not account holder's name.

Also can you BT from an auto loan account that isn't under your name? I'd like to pay off my SO's auto loan.

TIA

I'm glad I checked my physical mail, I got a postcard on this a few days ago. I thought NFCU has my email address, but I never have gotten any marketing emails from them at all- perhaps I need to check my email settings.

This sure seems like a much "quieter" offering than in the past. Nothing on their home page at all (I check usually every day because I have OCD).

And like I few others, I just did a 2.9% BT a little while ago. Rrrg.

Does anyone know if a newly joining NFCU member could get this offer with a new application? With the $50 referral and this offer its a great time to join NFCU.

Fuerza said:   Does anyone know if a newly joining NFCU member could get this offer with a new application?

Yes. NFCU knows.  

Argyll said:   
Fuerza said:   Does anyone know if a newly joining NFCU member could get this offer with a new application?
  Yes. NFCU knows.  

Do you want to refer me? I'm looking to get in on this deal and the $50 new account promo.

Skipping 13 Messages...
Is anyone getting screwed after the transfer? I moved a 0% balance to NFCU during this promo now NFCU isn't honoring the transfer. I called yesterday and my account is under review. Does anyone have a saved screen shot of the promo? I might be able to use that a leverage. I'd appreciate it!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014