• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Has anyone used Ribbon (†https://ribbon.co†) I recently got an invite, and it seems like a Venmo-ish product. From their FAQs:

What is Ribbon?
Ribbon is a simple way for friends to send and receive money using debit and credit cards.

How much does Ribbon cost?
Itís always free to receive money. Itís free to send money using Ribbon as long as youíre using a debit card. If youíre using a credit card, thereís a 3% fee per transaction.

I have successfully added my bank account there, and looks like you can easily move cash out from the account to the bank. Don't have a PIN activated gift card that I can use right now, but I will try it out ASAP when I can. In the meanwhile, I'll test it out with a CC as well, although the 3% fee is a deal killer. Obviously this will need an A -> B -> A transaction like AP. They don't mention any monthly/daily limits.

Anyway, thoughts? Experience?†

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

were you even able to sign up? I'm on the waiting list.

Guys at FT are all on the waiting list too. Sending out referrals doesn't seem to help either.

Looks promising with the gift/debit cards. Curious about the daily/month limits when you find out. I'm in group three.

3% fee for CC and no GC allowed for debit.

http://imgur.com/kZFGjym

looks like it's hardcoded not to accept GC.

There are reports that the US bank variable visa debit cards sold at Kroger work.

Should also be good for those with Delta or Alaskan air debit cards.

So . . . worked for a while, but now checkouts seem kinda hungup. Anyone get $$$ out recently?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.