• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
There have been a few "i'm in over my head in CC debt, my situation is unique, please help" threads recently. They are usually the more popular threads as well, so i expect that they will keep on coming regardless.

However, the advice is almost always the same, even if your situation is unique in your opinion so read some of these threads first:

General suggestions:

FAQ on Debt Collection Agencies, Disputes, Credit Issues / Problems , etc

Thread on how to live frugally without hardship

Specific Threads with the same ol' suggestions (lower APRs on cards, cut your expenses, etc):

Debt reduction services? low income, relatively small debt.

Lots of CC debt, decent income

Debt consolidation? lots of CC debt

Quest to become debt free (from CC debt)

Debts, bad credit, etc.

Lots of CC debt already, thinking of taking more in private student loans

Seemingly insurmountable debt, poor credit, declare bk? other suggestions?

CC Debt, Relatively decent income, No more BTs, I feel screwed.

This is not comprehensive by any means, i did a quick search on active threads only, feel free to add your own suggestions/comments.

edit: fixing links
edit2: title changed as per DH's suggestion
continual edits: updating links

most of your links don't work.

links have been fixed.
i always forget that the tag sticks an http:// in front of the link automatically if you just type it in.

EXCELLENT!!! It is all too easy for this forum to turn into another creditnet.com

For those who dont know, Creditnet.com is a forum specifically designated to discussion of credit problems, and has members who are currently fixing their credit. So that FW Finance does not turn into another creditnet, please post your credit problem situations there - you will get much more sympathetic advice there than here.

thank you!

Please add this to the FAQ! I agree with OP about too many different threads on this. Maybe start a thread just for that similar to the credit card disputes thread.

edited for clarity and to say great title

PayPal sucks, they rip people off...

I like the 'too much debt' threads. It makes me feel better about myself. Also they are very entertaining, and they truly are full of sound advice... even though half the time the OP never takes it.

Btw, everyone, Im probably gonna wait till I have around 200k credit to hit the BK scheme. Thanks for all the advice and flames!

Good start kupop2, I gave you a positive...

I'd change the title though. It looked to me like you were simply objecting to the threads, rather than creating a new FAQ. Perhaps something like "Overcoming debt problems: a FAQ and Guide"?

Thanks for your efforts.

DH - Title has been changed, thanks for the suggestion.

bump?

bump!

archiving is no fun

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014