• 156 7 89
  • Page
  • Text Only
gr8mom said: [Q]holla said: [Q]guys - I'm 100% sure I used a certain e-mail address to register my shares but the address isnt showing up when I search for my shares...am I screwed?

Are you talking about entering your old email address online at the TravelZoo site, or are you saying that you sent in the forms and they couldn't verify your email address? I think that your email address will only be found online if you registered your shares before the deadline. I did not do this, so my email address was never found online. When I sent in my forms, they did locate my email address.

I was talking about searching for my email address online...so I guess I can send in the forms anyway. Thank you very much!

holla said: [Q]guys - I'm 100% sure I used a certain e-mail address to register my shares but the address isnt showing up when I search for my shares...am I screwed?

hey holla - same with me - i was 100% positive a certain email address was used to register but their website wouldn't accept it - i filled out the cash out form anyways with that exact same email and i got a check in the mail so give it a shot.

OK OP -- THANK YOU!!

I would never have known that I was eligible for this. I got my check today for $1938.60... I almost dropped when I saw the amount. I don't know how many shares it was worth, but luckily I found my original email address that I used to sign up with.

I can't believe it... I know that my brother signed up but he can't remember what his original email address was.

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

medallion guarenteed means a commercial bank or brokerage house must stamp the certificate showing that the signiture is yours

JokerzWild said: [Q]OK OP -- THANK YOU!!

I would never have known that I was eligible for this. I got my check today for $1938.60... I almost dropped when I saw the amount. I don't know how many shares it was worth, but luckily I found my original email address that I used to sign up with.

I can't believe it... I know that my brother signed up but he can't remember what his original email address was.

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

WOW! have your brother send in the form anyways even if he doesn't know his email address, it worked for me

Does anyone know if the original deal was posted on Anandtech Hotdeals, back in the day?? I'm not sure if I did this deal, but if it was on anandtech, I may have saw it.

I don't want to send those forms in with my SSN unless I'm reasonably sure I did sign up.

ahh, anandtech. before it sucked and everyone made the mass exodus to FW. =)

Here's a link to archive.org which shows what travelzoo looked like back in 1998. (be patient, it takes a while to load...)

I dunno, thought it might hop jog people's memories...

I don't think I saw the original TZOO signup on Anand or FW. I think I got SPAM from them and signed up thru that?! Wow, people are still really CASHING OUT on this! WTG!!!

If anyone wants to send me a 'tip' my Paypal is geoffkin @ YAHOO dot COM
LOL
I'm trying to buy a house here in Silicon Valley and the housing market is CRAZY!!! I can't even find a decent 3 bedroom 2 bath for less than HALF A MILLION!!! My girls are getting big (almost teenagers) and could really use their own rooms...

What a wonderful thread. My mom and I each signed up for this and found the emails that TZ sent to us. I have 5 shares and my mom has 12 shares. But the emails say July-1999. We got 5 shares for signing up and 1 for each referral. I just signed up and my mom had 7 referrals, hence her 12 shares. I am going to mail it to US Stock and attach copies of the emails for them. Can someone please confirm they were getting 5 shares when you signed up and were they even doing this as late as 1999? Does that also mean with the split I have 10 shares and she has 24? The serial numbers are the same in are in sequence in the end with a,b,c,d,e, etc. Is this the case for others people's serial numbers? Please confirm all this. Thanks so much.

Bump, Can anyone see the questions in my last post and reply. I am mailing them off in the next day or so. Thanks.

I get a check from TZOO today. Thanks OP.
FYI, I mailed the cash payment form on 1/5/05.

Recvd my check 2/11/05. Submitted 1/6/05 THANKS<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0><img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>

Dolphnjag said: [Q]What a wonderful thread. My mom and I each signed up for this and found the emails that TZ sent to us. I have 5 shares and my mom has 12 shares. But the emails say July-1999. We got 5 shares for signing up and 1 for each referral. I just signed up and my mom had 7 referrals, hence her 12 shares. I am going to mail it to US Stock and attach copies of the emails for them. Can someone please confirm they were getting 5 shares when you signed up and were they even doing this as late as 1999? Does that also mean with the split I have 10 shares and she has 24? The serial numbers are the same in are in sequence in the end with a,b,c,d,e, etc. Is this the case for others people's serial numbers? Please confirm all this. Thanks so much.

Originally, they gave out 3 shares which split into 6 shares. They did give 1 share for each referral. That's all I can answer for you. When you said you mailed it to US Stock, did you mail the forms in or something else. You need to mail the request forms that are referenced earlier in this thread if you did not do so.

OK, I don't have the Travelzoo stock. My mother was incorrect. What we have is shares of a stock from Popularlink.com from freeipo.com. This site is still up, but it is worthless. Does anyone else have this shares, and know how to research to see if they are going to file papers with the SEC. Thanks.

Hi,

I can't access my old email address anymore, since it is a work email address, and I don't work there anymore. I sent Travelzoo a letter with a copy of my driver license. It has been almost 2 months now, and I got a letter today from U.S. Stock Transfer Corporation. It is a generic letter (see below). When I click on the link below, it just asks for my email address again. I can't get to the Request for Certificate form.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Dear Shareholder:

We have received your Election to Participate forms. While checking your eligibility we find that you are still entitled to receive shares of Travelzoo Inc. common stock. Therefore, you are not entitled to the cash payment.

In order to claim your shares, you must first visit the Travelzoo Inc. website, print out your Request for Certificate form, complete and mail it to us. Make sure to have your signature Medallion Guaranteed as indicated on the form. Upon receipt of the properly completed form, a common stock certificate will be issued and mailed to you. At that point, if you so chose, the shares could be sold through the stockbroker of your choice.

The Travelzoo link is as follows:

https://www.corporate.travelzoo.com/ir/services/certificate/

Sincerely,

U.S. Stock Transfer Corp.
Transfer Agent for Travelzoo Inc.

I received two checks from TZoo today - one for me for $763.28 and one for my wife for $560.64. I initially sent in paperwork to cash out but my wifes was rejected as TZoo said her email was not valid. I had found my original TZoo email with my 3 stock certificate numbers but could not find her email so I guessed (incorrectly) at her email.

The rejection form stated that she could resubmit but basically indicated you could only submit forms with different emails twice. In other words, she could not continue to send in forms guessing different emails each time. I got lucky and guessed the email correctly on the second submission.

The checks had a record date of 1-11-05 and it seems the average share price was around $95.

It should be noted the share price started sliding just after the first of the year and closed near $52 on 2-11-05. The share price was not helped by a SEC investigation into share trading.

Thanks to Fat Wallet and geoffkin for the heads up.



Guys,

Wonderful. I received a check for the $1165.92 yesterday. I sent out the forms in the last week of Dec'04. Last month they requested me to submit a copy of my driver's license. I did that. But I don't know how many shares I owned. My check had a record date of 1-06-05.

Thanks again OP.

Hi,

I don't have the account number and can't access my old email anymore. How and where can I get the forms to submit to TZOO?

Please help. Thanks.

jleung said: [Q]Hi,

I can't access my old email address anymore, since it is a work email address, and I don't work there anymore. I sent Travelzoo a letter with a copy of my driver license. It has been almost 2 months now, and I got a letter today from U.S. Stock Transfer Corporation. It is a generic letter (see below). When I click on the link below, it just asks for my email address again. I can't get to the Request for Certificate form.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Dear Shareholder:

We have received your Election to Participate forms. While checking your eligibility we find that you are still entitled to receive shares of Travelzoo Inc. common stock. Therefore, you are not entitled to the cash payment.

In order to claim your shares, you must first visit the Travelzoo Inc. website, print out your Request for Certificate form, complete and mail it to us. Make sure to have your signature Medallion Guaranteed as indicated on the form. Upon receipt of the properly completed form, a common stock certificate will be issued and mailed to you. At that point, if you so chose, the shares could be sold through the stockbroker of your choice.

The Travelzoo link is as follows:

https://www.corporate.travelzoo.com/ir/services/certificate/

Sincerely,

U.S. Stock Transfer Corp.
Transfer Agent for Travelzoo Inc.

jleung said: [Q]Hi,

I don't have the account number and can't access my old email anymore. How and where can I get the forms to submit to TZOO?

Please help. Thanks.




http://www.corporate.travelzoo.com/2002/

Found this in an old email account:

From pop_server.XXXXXXXX
Received: XXXXXXXXX
Received: from mail pickup service by mail4.travelzoo.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Sat, 25 Mar 2000 18:46:32 -0800
From: "Travelzoo.com" <info@travelzoo.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Stock Split
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 18:46:31 -0800
X-Priority: 1
X-MSMail-Priority: High
Importance: High
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
Message-ID: XXXXXXXXXXXX
X-UIDL: XXXXXXXXXX
Content-Length: 373

Attn: Shareholders

Please read the news release posted at:

http://www.travelzoo.com/shareholders/news

AOL users: <a href=http://www.travelzoo.com/shareholders/news>
www.travelzoo.com/shareholders/news</a>

Thank you for your continued support.



It looks like we have a winner! <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border=0>

Can't find anything with a serial number for the shares, but email should do it. Off to fill out the paperwork. Wish I would've seen this back in Dec. before the stock tanked a bit. Oh well, you know what they say aboout a gift horse. <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border=0>












I HAVE A TZOO CERT FOR SIX SHARES....IS THERE A BROKERAGE FIRM OUT THERE THAT DOES NOT CHECK CREDIT IN ORDER TO OPEN A STOCK ACCOUNT. I JUST WANT TO CASH IN MY TZOO CERT.
<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif" border=0>

happyn2005 said: [Q]I HAVE A TZOO CERT FOR SIX SHARES....IS THERE A BROKERAGE FIRM OUT THERE THAT DOES NOT CHECK CREDIT IN ORDER TO OPEN A STOCK ACCOUNT. I JUST WANT TO CASH IN MY TZOO CERT.
<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif" border=0>

use scottrade.com

three free trades

Thanks, but Scottrade does check credit...


OP,
Thanks for the heads up on this one. I requested stock certificate, opened a Scottrade account and sold the other day. Net profit $342 for six shares. Total transaction took about two weeks. Thanks again.

For people who received their checks dated 2004 for the Travelzoo shares, did you receive a 1099-B for the transaction? I am wondering what to do regarding taxes from the proceeds and I have not received a 1099-B for this. Anyone? Please let us know. Thanks.

My wife and I both received our TravelZoo checks today, mine for $583.xx and hers for $777.xx. We sent in our forms at the end of December, and the date of record on the checks is 01-04-05.

Here's the problem: I referred my wife, so I was expecting to have 8 shares. I only got paid for 6 shares. My wife referred a friend, and was paid the correct amount for her 8 shares.

Anyone else have the problem of referral shares not being counted? I guess I will be writing a letter to the US Stock Transfer Corp. to see if they have a record of the referrals.

Thanks OP! Just found my "lost" 6 shares and went down to WAMU today and got my medallion stamp (no charge) and mailed in for the certificate. AWESOME!!!

I received a check for $698.44 today. Thanks OP!

WooooHooooo...Thanks OP.

Just received checks for myself for $1526 and my wife for 956. Who says there is no free lunch.

After seeing the post, kind of not sure what e-mail I used 7 Yrs back but gave it a shot, and it worked. It made my day. Sent the letter for cash out in January 1 week, record date was 01/11/05 and check date is 02/11/05. Good luck to others who are waiting on their checks.

Love Fatwallet and Love you all!!!!!

WOW, YW!

flaredup said: [Q]WooooHooooo...Thanks OP.

Just received checks for myself for $1526 and my wife for 956. Who says there is no free lunch.

After seeing the post, kind of not sure what e-mail I used 7 Yrs back but gave it a shot, and it worked. It made my day. Sent the letter for cash out in January 1 week, record date was 01/11/05 and check date is 02/11/05. Good luck to others who are waiting on their checks.

Love Fatwallet and Love you all!!!!!

How do you get your account number? My email address is no longer valid and so I can't get back my account number. I am stuck. <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border=0>

Hi jleung,

Dont be disheartened. My e-mail is long gone, was swallowed up by yahoo in late nineties, and did not account number either, but gave it a shot and it worked. So try with your e-mail and send it in, it might work out. Good Luck!!

Whaddya know, The Zoo is still worth something!!!

I just mailed them this week. Hopefully they find my information <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>

thanks OP! just got my check.

Man, if it weren't for bad luck...

I can't find my TZ anywhere and none of the emails that I remember from back then are recognized. <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border=0>

But I did find my 5 shares of BIDBAY.COM - we all know how much THAT CR@P is worth! <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif" border=0>

whimseys said: [Q]Man, if it weren't for bad luck...

I can't find my TZ anywhere and none of the emails that I remember from back then are recognized. <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border=0>

But I did find my 5 shares of BIDPAY.COM - we all know how much THAT CR@P is worth! <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif" border=0>
You can still try filling out the cash out option forms and sending them. They might be able to find your shares.

ra7 said: [Q]whimseys said: [Q]Man, if it weren't for bad luck...

I can't find my TZ anywhere and none of the emails that I remember from back then are recognized. <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border=0>

But I did find my 5 shares of BIDPAY.COM - we all know how much THAT CR@P is worth! <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif" border=0>
You can still try filling out the cash out option forms and sending them. They might be able to find your shares.

How can I get the cash out option forms? I don't have the account number. My email address is no longer valid.

I sent the paperwork in to Travelzoo with our email addresses since they were not coming up in the online system. My wife and I received checks for about $550 and $450 respectively. Stock price was listed as $68.

Many thanks to the OP. What sucks is that I sat on this for almost 1 month before sending the paperwork in. If I'd sent it in immediately upon discovering this I would have made double.

OUCH Jeoff! I was in the same boat as you, but acted QUICK. I know how volatile these types of shares can be! I would have got much less than $100/share if I lagged!!!
Still, you can't complain about a GRAND out of thin air!!! <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border=0>



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014