• 117 18 192021106
  • Page
  • Text Only
modal said: Anyone using these guys now? ==> UFBdirect

They got better features than EM and ING.
They are 4 points higher than EM!

Seems to be great.

High Yield Money Market (MM) Savings
Earn high interest rate on balances
No minimum balance
No monthly maintenance fee
FDIC insured up to $100,000 per customer
Online statement viewing with all transactions posted in real time
All accounts come with an ATM card
Unlimited access to your account and reimbursement of ATM Fees per ATM Reimbursement Policy
Transfers to your other accounts such as checking can be made with the click of a button

Union Federal Bank rates

Interest Rate Annual Percentage Yield
High Yield
Money Market
Savings
3.00% 3.05%

Just a reminder............

Soon, within the next 60 days many banks will pay the same rate as ED. This will take place once the FED raises the rate at their 'measured pace' on march 22 and probably again on May 3.

Now the question is will ED RAISE their rate over 3 % ?????

Because at 3% right now I can find other banks with as good a deal. Once the Fed raises I hope ED keeps up the pace but I don't think they will. I think they're hoping to keep some of their customers and that will be good enough. Then again I could be wrong.

BUSHMAN4 said: Once the Fed raises I hope ED keeps up the pace but I don't think they will. I think they're hoping to keep some of their customers and that will be good enough. Then again I could be wrong.
So question is if we want to open a pool of several I/E/U/X-Direct accounts, use one every moment of time (if any) and keep $1 on the others. Also, we will force them to compete...

bluechalk said: I had a transfer from my external account scheduled for yesterday, but it wasn't processed. Its still in the Pending Transfer list with yesterday's date. I called customer service. They claimed to be aware of the problem and are working to fix it. They said it would be transferred today. We'll see.

Makes me wonder whether I should have trusted them with my money.

This thread is moving away from talking about Emigrant Direct...

Anyways, why hasn't anyone else noticed this? This has been a problem on our accounts as well. Transfers haven't been working lately. What's the deal? Is it just failing on a few accounts, or is EVERYone having the same problem?

They did process my transfer from my external account the next day. Since it was a transfer in, it was not a big deal. But if it was a transfer out, this could have been a big problem. I wonder if they would have caught the problem by themselves, or whether they needed me to call to let them know. I, too, would like to know what problems other people have been having and how they got resolved.

bluechalk said: I had a transfer from my external account scheduled for yesterday, but it wasn't processed. Its still in the Pending Transfer list with yesterday's date. I called customer service. They claimed to be aware of the problem and are working to fix it. They said it would be transferred today. We'll see.

Makes me wonder whether I should have trusted them with my money.

that is because you schedule the transfer after 5pm which they will process a day latter,
if u scheduled before 5pm EST, then it will process next day

I scheduled the transfer several days in advance. So, this was not the issue.

For my latest transfer, it was scheduled for 3/9. Money was taken out of my external account on 3/10 and listed in my ED account on 3/10. This is normal. Is that what you're seeing?

No, it took an extra day. In your scenario it would have been transferred and listed as 3/11. The tipoff of a problem was that the transaction was still on the pending transfer list the day after the transfer should have happened. This is not normal.

ED isnt even in my wachovia one stop for account access. other banks have ED in it?

i opened an account but i wont commit to transferring money to it, too flaky right now

jdopple said: Interesting, just xferred a rather large amount and it shows as available immediately. 2nd transaction in this account. It was an ACH pull, not push.

Watch it, they changed the avalability of those funds , after the fact.

ccrzhh said: modal said: Anyone using these guys now? ==> UFBdirect

Seems to be great.

No minimum balance
Unlimited access to your account and reimbursement of ATM Fees per ATM Reimbursement Policy
Transfers to your other accounts such as checking can be made with the click of a button

What is there not to like? Tempted to move my ED money there. $4.5/month ATM reimbursement, rate slightly higher than ED. No minimum req to earn interest, and no minimum fees.
I would like to know if they have ACH transfer to/from external accounts though.
They have:

But it sounds more like to other accounts in UFB?

Boiler said: ccrzhh said: modal said: Anyone using these guys now? ==> UFBdirect

Seems to be great.

No minimum balance

What is there not to like? Tempted to move my ED money there. $4.5/month ATM reimbursement, rate slightly higher than ED. No minimum req to earn interest, and no minimum fees.
I would like to know if they have ACH transfer to/from external accounts though.
They have:

But it sounds more like to other accounts in UFB?

No ach transfers can be setup with UFB.
No checkwriting...you have to call and have them mail you a check or use ATM access.
You can ach in/out of them if you use an outside bank to initiate those transfers.
They have a special Premier mma that offers 3.10%apy now but requires 15k minimum balance.

Emigrant Direct advertises to have "America's Highest Rate". As noted by ccrzhh, this is no longer the case. E-D appears to be guilty of false advertising. Has anybody questioned them about this?

bluechalk said: Emigrant Direct advertises to have "America's Higher Rate". As noted by ccrzhh, this is no longer the case. E-D appears to be guilty of false advertising. Has anybody questioned them about this?

lol

its been 8 days since i confirmed the 2 initial small deposits and i still dont have my welcome packet yet. how long did it take most of you to receive your packet so you could access your account?

For me after verifying 2 small deposits, it took 4 days to complete the initial deposit and another 7 days for the letter with account number to come in the mail.

bluechalk said: Emigrant Direct advertises to have "America's Higher Rate". As noted by ccrzhh, this is no longer the case. E-D appears to be guilty of false advertising. Has anybody questioned them about this?

They said higher rate not highest rate, I think they are fine.

Just to let folks know: I have been having an appalling time trying to deal with the Emigrant Direct people. They completed the first transfer to fund my account successfully, and then screwed the second one up completely. After wasting time on countless phone calls to their "Customer Service" staff (who told me my external bank account had been closed, which it had not, of course), they finally informed me of the routing number they were using for the second transfer - it was my Social Security Number!

I wasted all of my time and energy in talking to their largely useless staff (not to mention calls to my external bank, trying to find out what was going on with my "closed" account), simply because Emigrant Direct would not listen to me when I told them the problem was within their own system. I was so disgusted with their slipshod practices that I requested that my account be closed, and I am still waiting for them to return my funds to my external bank.

My advice to anyone reading this: don't be misled by the "siren song" of 3% interest; avoid this "bank" like the plague. They are horrible people to deal with, and they simply don't care about their customers.

just got off the phone with there customer service Rep becuase there sign up process takes so long and was notified the the rate went up to 3.2% sweet

spliffstar69 said: just got off the phone with there customer service Rep becuase there sign up process takes so long and was notified the the rate went up to 3.2% sweet

Rate still shows as 2.96% (3.0% APY) when I login to my account.

I also show that the rate is still 3.0% on their homepage.

Ipoh said: bluechalk said: Emigrant Direct advertises to have "America's Higher Rate". As noted by ccrzhh, this is no longer the case. E-D appears to be guilty of false advertising. Has anybody questioned them about this?

They said higher rate not highest rate, I think they are fine.

There homepage says 'America's highest rate'

Hope they do increase to 3.2%!

I just called ED. The rep told me monday (3/14) the rate will be 3.25%

Dan

BudSinsemilla said: Just to let folks know: I have been having an appalling time trying to deal with the Emigrant Direct people. They completed the first transfer to fund my account successfully, and then screwed the second one up completely. After wasting time on countless phone calls to their "Customer Service" staff (who told me my external bank account had been closed, which it had not, of course), they finally informed me of the routing number they were using for the second transfer - it was my Social Security Number!

I wasted all of my time and energy in talking to their largely useless staff (not to mention calls to my external bank, trying to find out what was going on with my "closed" account), simply because Emigrant Direct would not listen to me when I told them the problem was within their own system. I was so disgusted with their slipshod practices that I requested that my account be closed, and I am still waiting for them to return my funds to my external bank.

My advice to anyone reading this: don't be misled by the "siren song" of 3% interest; avoid this "bank" like the plague. They are horrible people to deal with, and they simply don't care about their customers.

well they screwed up my second transfer too, but they actually screwed up in my favor. I asked to have $1000 transfered from my external account and later decided to send 500 back. The $500 deposit hit my external account but the $1000 withdrawal never hit, so I basically got a $500 loan from emigrant because I only funded the account with $1.

They had my account number listed wrong and my accounts linked wrong, but I guess that I got a competent csr. He took my number and called me when he fixed my account about an hour later.

Minoritydan said: I just called ED. The rep told me monday (3/14) the rate will be 3.25%

Dan

Great news!

Minoritydan said: I just called ED. The rep told me monday (3/14) the rate will be 3.25%

Dan

Thats great! Good to know for those of us who were considering a short term cd

OK so if I open an account here, how easy(and costly) is it to move my $ OUT of the account when I need it?

I have an ING and netbank account( I deposit send all my checks in to netbank with the prepaid envelopes and then use the ING ACH(money transfer) to pull it out of netbank and in to ING.

Occasionally, I need to push the money out of ING, and I use the ING ACH(money transfer) out to netbank. None of this costs me any thing

Can I ACH money IN and OUT of ED account for free?

thanks
jon

NM

Confirmed. Rate will be 3.25% as of Monday.

Ok I got off my butt and called ED
They have incoming and outgoing ACH. Unlimited incoming and 6 per month max outgoing
Guess I will open an account now

jon

In case anyone else has fraud alert at Equifax, we cannot open account online at ED and the rep will email the forms to mail in.

sloppy1 said:

No ach transfers can be setup with UFB.
No checkwriting...you have to call and have them mail you a check or use ATM access.
You can ach in/out of them if you use an outside bank to initiate those transfers.
They have a special Premier mma that offers 3.10%apy now but requires 15k minimum balance.

Thanks for the info. I am seriously considering opening the high yield MM account for the ATM access. I have Presidential to write check and a local bank for ATM but it would be nice to be able to use any ATM. The APY is lower than 3.25 of ED but I think it's still worth it though.

daveland said: Confirmed. Rate will be 3.25% as of Monday.

excellent... looks like they are going to be active about their "highest rate" advertising

That is great news about the 3.25%!

I moved my money out of ED because they were holding direct deposits for 5 business days. I did a few test direct deposits from my last paycheck ($5) and it was held. Unbelievable...

capital one will probably be at 3% this wednesday when they update their rates.

I'm in.

Dan

Thats good enough for me, I'm in.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 117 18 192021106
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.