• filter:
  • 14 5 67823
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
AugustFour said: mikesay98 said: Targeted I would think...I got a letter in the mail and there's no promotional code or website to go to. But it's pointless if I can't figure out if they consider any of these Direct Deposit...
ING Direct seems to be a safe bet to initiate DD's.

rated:
My problem is I don't want to open another checking account just to find out I'm not eligible for the free $100...if anyone knows if US Bank counts it for sure, I'd be much appreciative. And to someone who asked earlier, yeah, I'd either have to take the piece of paper and go in a branch of it says call up.

rated:
I do ACH push from Capital One to Citibank.
On my Citibank checking account it shows:
AUTHORIZED TRANSFER
CAPITAL ONE TRANSFER

How do I know whether this is treated as Direct Deposit?

Does anyone have checking account with Citibank and direct deposit? Does Citibank label it as "DIRECT DEPOSIT" or just "AUTHORIZED TRANSFER"?

rated:
ExpatAsia said: I do ACH push from Capital One to Citibank.
On my Citibank checking account it shows:
AUTHORIZED TRANSFER
CAPITAL ONE TRANSFER

How do I know whether this is treated as Direct Deposit?

Does anyone have checking account with Citibank and direct deposit? Does Citibank label it as "DIRECT DEPOSIT" or just "AUTHORIZED TRANSFER"?

This is how they post it on my account

AUTHORIZED TRANSFER
ING Direct DEPOSIT

Now beaware of it this is how the post the debits back to ING from my account

AUTHORIZED TRANSFER
ING Direct WITHDRAWAL

So I dont think you can tell from the words they use when it is posted as "Direct" is part of there name and does not stand for direct deposit. Only reason I know ING is counted is I used to get 900 thank you points always after I started to do transfers into my Citibank account I started to get 1200 points. And Citibank counts Direct Deposit as a service towards the 7 products you need to max points each month.

rated:
Does Netbank count any of these? Thanks!

rated:
Citibank might have gotten smart after 3 months. Only got 900 TY not the 1200 points i was getting for the last 3 month.

Not sure if I did not get points for bill pay or DD tho as I do both bill pay to myself and deposit from ING going to change my billpay to 1 payment on a credit see if I get 1200 points next.

If I still get 900 TY points then maybe Citibank caught on to the fact ING deposit are not DD.

That is the only thing I can think of personally.

rated:
dolmar said: Citibank might have gotten smart after 3 months. Only got 900 TY not the 1200 points i was getting for the last 3 month.

Not sure if I did not get points for bill pay or DD tho as I do both bill pay to myself and deposit from ING going to change my billpay to 1 payment on a credit see if I get 1200 points next.

If I still get 900 TY points then maybe Citibank caught on to the fact ING deposit are not DD.

Bill payment to yourself should not be a problem as I have confirmed this with them previously for my EZ Checking account.

rated:
AugustFour said: dolmar said: Citibank might have gotten smart after 3 months. Only got 900 TY not the 1200 points i was getting for the last 3 month.

Bill payment to yourself should not be a problem (min. amount is $20) as I have confirmed this with them previously for my EZ Checking account.

rated:
ah I did a bill payment for $5 bucks. Will Change the payment to $20 and see if I get 1200 again next month.

Thank you for quick answer

rated:
Sorry for kinda off topic...

For EZ checking with Citibank, you either have direct deposit OR 2 billpay per month to waive the monthly fee, is that correct?

And from reading posts above, Paypal should consider direct deposit right?

Thanks for the help,everyone!

rated:
Does anyone know if Citibank counts HSBC online savings account ACH transfers as direct deposits?

rated:
dolmar said: Does anyone know if Citibank counts HSBC online savings account ACH transfers as direct deposits?

BankAtlantic Promo?

rated:
Whats the latest on DD into Chase. Have a promo here for $150, for a free Checking Account w/ Direct Deposit.

Is anyone using ING, or E*trade ACH into Chase and getting it counted as DD?

rated:
jdopple said: Whats the latest on DD into Chase. Have a promo here for $150, for a free Checking Account w/ Direct Deposit.

Is anyone using ING, or E*trade ACH into Chase and getting it counted as DD?

I am dying to open an account with Chase. Does the promo account have to be opened at a branch, or can it be opened online?

Thanks!

P.S.: Yes, ING Direct works for DD with Chase as reported by members:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?start=0&catid=52&threadid=432086

rated:
The $150 is for a specific branch only, in person.

I was hoping for a recent experience of Chase accepting ACH as DD.

rated:
The last update to this list appears to be almost 6 months ago. Not sure if all are still good based on some of the threads I read. BOA does count my emigrant as I switched to it last month no problem. I also have citi have recently switched to emigrant, when the statement cuts at the end of the month I'll know

rated:
hey jdopple, do you have a link to that chase $150 offer? i've only seen offers from them for only $50.

thanks

rated:
nymgiants said: The last update to this list appears to be almost 6 months ago. Not sure if all are still good based on some of the threads I read. BOA does count my emigrant as I switched to it last month no problem. I also have citi have recently switched to emigrant, when the statement cuts at the end of the month I'll know
I also have set up Emigrant to automatically deposit $ into Bank of America once a month. BofA records this as an ACH credit.

rated:
So far, BoA Free Checking has accepted my Fidelity Money Line ACH deposits as Direct Deposits.

rated:
Wachovia

rated:
why PNC bank is reported as both positive and negative examples?

rated:
dolmar said: Does anyone know if Citibank counts HSBC online savings account ACH transfers as direct deposits?

I would like to know this as well since i just opened a Citi checking account today to get the $200 promo. I believe HSBC doesn't charge any fee for pushing or pulling funds from your savings account and this would be another good option for a direct deposit since the APY is much higher for HSBC then it is Citi's online savings account.

rated:
Hi, I just opened a BOA checking account online and needed some help in setting up ING or Paypal as my direct deposit.

My question is which is the easiest one, and actually what do I have to do, plus, how much money do I need to transfer to continuously waive the monthly free, is like $1 enough or $5 or etc.

Thanks again.

rated:
Help pls? Thanks.

jziqbal said: Hi, I just opened a BOA checking account online and needed some help in setting up ING or Paypal as my direct deposit.

My question is which is the easiest one, and actually what do I have to do, plus, how much money do I need to transfer to continuously waive the monthly free, is like $1 enough or $5 or etc.

Thanks again.

rated:
jziqbal said: Help pls? Thanks.

jziqbal said: Hi, I just opened a BOA checking account online and needed some help in setting up ING or Paypal as my direct deposit.

Thanks again.

I am not going to do ALL the work for you, but the answer is here.

rated:
I did go through it but not sure how it answered my question or helped me.

rated:
I have been doing $10 ACH for several months and have had no problems.

rated:
Do HSBC Online savings transfers into Sovereign Checking account count as Direct Deposit? Anyone can confirm?
Also, this thread is all about Paypal and ING (assuming savings)... HSBC Savings the same or no?

rated:
Just a suggestion:

If you do get your paycheck direct deposited by your employer, you CAN ask for it to be divided among multiple accounts.

ie: my paycheck is DD by ADP.
I can ask them to deposit $XX.XX to bank A, $XX.XX to bank B, $XX.XX to bank C and the remainder to bank D.

rated:
Meadows credit union did not count ACH push from HSBC as direct deposit

rated:
toribund said: Meadows credit union did not count ACH push from HSBC as direct deposit

What was the amount?

rated:
I just connected my BOA account with paypal, but my paypal balance is $0.

How can I transfer money to my BOA account? Do I like do a withdraw first to get a paypal balance, or will I during the transfer automatically take money from my other account and transfer it over.

Help would be appreciated.

Also - how much should I transfer to avoid Direct Deposit fee and is there a way to make it automatic via paypal.

Thanks

rated:
I noticed that this wasn't mentioned in the summary, so I wanted to relay my experience. I was able to successfully use ACH from my HSBC savings account to my Principal Bank account (student checking) to count as direct deposit for their recent DD bonus.

rated:
All you ever wanted to know about Direct Deposit:

http://www.electronicpayments.org/

rated:

Bank of America Direct Deposit Info

rated:
Bank of New York counted transfers from my HSBC account as DDs for purposes of their $50/$200 account opening promo. I used the HSBC Bank-to-Bank Transfer functionality.

Edit to respond to AugustFour: They were each about $20, give or take a few dollars. I could probably have done less, but I needed to move funds into account to fund my debit card transactions (do 5 and get $25 bonus).

rated:
tuphat said: Bank of New York counted transfers from my HSBC account as DDs for purposes of their $50/$200 account opening promo. I used the HSBC Bank-to-Bank Transfer functionality.
Could you please let us know what was the amount? Thanks!

rated:
hi, anyone got any idea whether e-trade accept paypal? do you know of any bank which allow non us resident to apply a us bank account by using passport?? and we can apply online without travelling to us

rated:
I would add Chevy Chase bank to the list.

I see this when doing a push from ING:

"ING DIRECT DEPOSIT"

Can't confirm 100% that this will count as DD since I have student account, but it sure looks like it.

rated:
I was considering opening a Bank of America "My Access Checking Account" (no balance requirement for service charge with direct deposit)..However, i prefer not to use my pension payments for the purpose of fullfilling the direct deposit requirement.

I have accounts with USAA (checking and savings) and i could link USAA to Bank of America for external transfers...
Does anyone know if a "push" from USAA to Bank of America once a month, would cover me for the direct deposit requirement? (has anyone confirmed actually doing it?)...
2nd question is: does Bank of America charge any fee for an ACH transfer out from them (like when i would "pull" from them to USAA)??

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014