• filter:
  • 1 2 34523
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
CharterOne blows they are trying to shaft me $25

Ads by Google
rated:
Confirming PNC & Paypal PNC considers Paypal (which in essence is an ACH origination) a direct deposit.

rated:
Confirmed: Wachovia counts ING as direct deposit, not Paypal though

rated:
Updated OP for recent posts.

rated:
Hi,

I did a cashedge transfer from my CU to BoFa and it shows up as

TRANSFER 1112*** DES:FEE $00.00 ID:2193*** INDN:MY NAME CO ID:177052**** PPD CREDIT ON 02/24/2005

does it mean its been treated as DD

on my Wamu account it shows as
DIRECTDEP/TRANSFER 1086*** FEE $00.00 2142*** (which seems more like a direct deposit to me)

I'm kind of confused, I need DD for the Bofa account, so can anyone confirm

Thanks

rated:
Does anyone know whether BofA counts their own ACH pulls to be direct deposit? The reason I ask is that I just moved some money into my BofA checking and noticed that when it posted, the entry in their online banking system looks very similar to my Cashedge deposits (which do count as DD, of course). The BofA pull looks as follows:

BANK OF AMERICA DES: ONLINE XFR ID:xxxxxx INDN:xxxxxxxx ID:xxxxxxxx PPD REF:012345678901341413

Since transfering funds to BofA from other banks is free, this might be an easier option than Cashedge, etc.

rated:
Can someone please confirm if Chase bank counts ING/Paypal as DD???

Some people have asked in this thread, but no answers as of yet...

Thanks!

rated:
I am still clueless as to how you know if a payment is considered a DD or not. With my real direct deposit it comes out as ACH Deposit from Payroll are you saying that if it comes up like that it is considered DD or you wait until you are not charged a fee to determine if it is considered DD? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

rated:
Commerce Bank in the midwest (Missouri) counts ING as Direct Deposit.

Thank-you Isufanatic for starting a great thread! It is nice to see all of this in one place.

rated:
Bump for 3/8 update...

rated:
maharet77 said: I am still clueless as to how you know if a payment is considered a DD or not. With my real direct deposit it comes out as ACH Deposit from Payroll are you saying that if it comes up like that it is considered DD or you wait until you are not charged a fee to determine if it is considered DD? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

There really isn't a single correct answer to your question. It mostly depends on the bank you are dealing with. Basically, there are three ways that you could figure this out:

1. Some banks' online account information screens will actually define transaction type for each transactions. That's how I initially figured out ETrade Bank, as it marked a transfer I did from another account as a "direct deposit", although it just came from one of my other personal accounts.

2. Trial and error, meaning someone did a psuedo-direct deposit and noted they were not charged a maintainence fee.

3. Asking the bank's customer service. I look at this method like I do the folks in Hot Deals who call into a retailer to ask if the multiple rebates, price mistake, or combination of coupon codes are legit. This has the potential to kill the deal if done carelessly, although I think with banks there is much less of a chance of this happening. If you do call a bank's customer service and ask, frame the question well. Tell them you are self-employed, work for a small business that doesn't offer direct deposit, etc., and ask if you can transfer funds from another account to satisfy the direct deposit requirement to avoid fees. This sounds a lot better than "hey, I want to get the bonus money for opening a new account but I've already opened four other accounts at other banks and can't split my DD anymore, so will your computer count my three dollar transfer from ING as a DD so I can get my money?" =)

Hope this helps answer your question...

rated:
alexanderiva said: Citibanks counts paypal deposits as a direct deposit. I've been using it to avoid the fee for some time now.


Can someone else verify this? I don't want to get stuck with a $12.50 monthly charge - thanks!

rated:
Quick question - with a Citibank DD via paypal is there a special setup there or? I may have not see where you can send directly to an account all I see is the email. Do you just add the account then withdraw from paypal? TIA

rated:
lsufanatic said: maharet77 said: I am still clueless as to how you know if a payment is considered a DD or not. With my real direct deposit it comes out as ACH Deposit from Payroll are you saying that if it comes up like that it is considered DD or you wait until you are not charged a fee to determine if it is considered DD? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

There really isn't a single correct answer to your question. It mostly depends on the bank you are dealing with. Basically, there are three ways that you could figure this out:

1. Some banks' online account information screens will actually define transaction type for each transactions. That's how I initially figured out ETrade Bank, as it marked a transfer I did from another account as a "direct deposit", although it just came from one of my other personal accounts.

2. Trial and error, meaning someone did a psuedo-direct deposit and noted they were not charged a maintainence fee.

3. Asking the bank's customer service. I look at this method like I do the folks in Hot Deals who call into a retailer to ask if the multiple rebates, price mistake, or combination of coupon codes are legit. This has the potential to kill the deal if done carelessly, although I think with banks there is much less of a chance of this happening. If you do call a bank's customer service and ask, frame the question well. Tell them you are self-employed, work for a small business that doesn't offer direct deposit, etc., and ask if you can transfer funds from another account to satisfy the direct deposit requirement to avoid fees. This sounds a lot better than "hey, I want to get the bonus money for opening a new account but I've already opened four other accounts at other banks and can't split my DD anymore, so will your computer count my three dollar transfer from ING as a DD so I can get my money?" =)

Hope this helps answer your question...


Thank you lsufanatic, I also wanted to aks if anybody knows if PNC bank accepts ING pushes as DD. Thanks.

rated:
forgive me if these are seen as dumb questions but i've searched and searched and couldn't find any answers to these.

push transfer - is this when you tell one place (ie - ing) to put money else where (ie - wells fargo)? i'm guessing there's a corresponding pull transfer when you tell one place to take money from elsewhere. is this correct?

recurring push transfers - assuming my above assumption is correct is there a way to set up paypal, ing, ed etc to do recurring push transfers? if so which of those institutions allow it? if you can't get the push transfers (and thus direct deposits) to happen w/o monthly manual intervention the value in having direct deposit in order to get better banking packages doesn't really seem worth it to me. i don't have an ing or ed account (but plan on setting up one soon) so i don't have an account i can log into to check. i checked my paypal account and don't see any sort of option to regularly withdraw funds to my bank account.

thanks in advance!

rated:
Paypal will not set up for re-occuring transfers. Just the transfer you do make are counted as DD. Open an INGDirect.com account (and receive $50). You can set it up for re-occuring DD transfers.

rated:
Could someone refer me to INGDirect.com? PM me. Thanks!!!!

rated:
Happypat35 said: Could someone refer me to INGDirect.com? PM me. Thanks!!!!

theres a taxcut thread for $50 instead of the $25 referral

rated:
first national bank for my online statement says ING Direct DEPOSIT. For emigrant direct it just says imigrant direct and a bunch of numbers.

I bank at First National Bank and Trust Company

rated:
THANKS OP & BUMP!

rated:
Anyone has experiences with Emigrant & Bank of America checking?
TIA.

rated:
Bank of America checking treats ACH transfer originating from ANY another account as a direct deposit. I confirmed this information last time I was at a branch.

rated:
Does HSBC charge for ING transfers? I noticed that it's listed as treated as a direct deposit. But according to the HSBC website, it said that bank transfers will be charged $3 per transaction. I talked to the HSBC customer service rep and they said it will cost me to do a transfer from ING Direct but he seemed a bit unsure. There's only 1 HSBC ATM in my city but I would like to try get an account to use overseas to avoid ATM fees. If transfer money from ING to HSBC is free, this will be my best bet. Thanks for any info.

rated:
It's likely that they just charge you for outbound transactions that you initiate from their online banking service. Citibank and BofA are the same way. Those banks don't charge you for pulling out money using someone else's (eg ING's) service.

rated:
Does anyone know if First Horizon treats ING or Paypal transfers as DD??

rated:
sinik said: It's likely that they just charge you for outbound transactions that you initiate from their online banking service. Citibank and BofA are the same way. Those banks don't charge you for pulling out money using someone else's (eg ING's) service.

Thanks!

rated:
does anyone know about City National Bank of Tyler? http://www.cnbt.com/

I am thinking about opening up there reward checking account but you must have a direct deposit monthly, and 10 debit card transactions monthly.

rated:
Could anyone tell me how to use Paypal and ING Direct to process a "Direct deposit"? Thanks!

rated:
you simply send money from ING or Paypal to your linked bank account. Thats it.

Some banks consider it a DD as noted in this thread.

rated:
Must be the linked account?

rated:
Does BankOne consider an "ACH push from another institution" as Direct Deposit?

rated:
I believe USAA takes ING push payments and reports them as Direct Deposit. I have my payroll direct deposit setup to another account, and I use ING to push $1 to my USAA account every month, and I don't receive the $4.95 online billpay fee.

rated:
Charter One treats ING as DD. I did it and got the bonus.

rated:
driggers said: does anyone know about City National Bank of Tyler? http://www.cnbt.com/


Their Reward Checking Account (3.45% APY!) required "Direct Deposit of Payroll or Government Benefit", don't know whether ING/ED/Paypal/ACH Push Transfers will count.

rated:
Anyone confirmed Chase yet?

rated:
Does Citibank count EmigrantDirect deposits as "Direct Deposit"?

rated:
Bump (I'm wondering the same as the previous poster)

rated:
snowsnowsnow said: Does HSBC charge for ING transfers? I noticed that it's listed as treated as a direct deposit. But according to the HSBC website, it said that bank transfers will be charged $3 per transaction.

Only for transactions FROM your HSBC account. Adding money TO it is free. But the charge is waived for OnlineSavings account holders, and daily/monthly limit is 100K.

rated:
SunTrust is Direct Deposit for both PayPal and ING

rated:
a question - when you use citi or other banks service to pull the money out of ING, does that also count as a DD vs pushing the money from ING?. coz the registering of accounts via ING with mailing the check etc takes a week+.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014