• filter:
  • 118 19 20212223
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Wondering same thing about Suntrust. Hope someone can answer that.

rated:
Any update on PayPal still working for Citibank? Received an offer for 20k AA miles after opening a CitiGold account. Would need to pay $30-60 since I don't have the required balance but if I can do PayPal for direct deposit I think it would be worth it.

rated:
Stay away from Citi Bonuses. Not worth it. Plenty of other bonuses to get Chase, BB&T, Compass right now.

rated:
Does BB&T count Paypal/ING ACH for direct deposit requirement? Their terms say "ACH Direct Deposit". BTW, there's a BB&T $100 checking account bonus out now.
BB&T Offer

rated:
HibikiRush said:   Any update on PayPal still working for Citibank? Received an offer for 20k AA miles after opening a CitiGold account. Would need to pay $30-60 since I don't have the required balance but if I can do PayPal for direct deposit I think it would be worth it.

I am finishing up a citigold bonus. I did paypal, ally, and ing just to improve my chances. At least one of them worked. Make sure to immediately enroll your account in the thankyou network...i didn't and that caused difficulties.

rated:
oumazdamx6 said:   Stay away from Citi Bonuses. Not worth it. Plenty of other bonuses to get Chase, BB&T, Compass right now.

My citi bonus required a similar amount of work as those other banks, but gave me 2-3 times as much profit. Plus I prefer robbing from the super rich.

rated:
dbl118 said:   oumazdamx6 said:   Stay away from Citi Bonuses. Not worth it. Plenty of other bonuses to get Chase, BB&T, Compass right now.

My citi bonus required a similar amount of work as those other banks, but gave me 2-3 times as much profit. Plus I prefer robbing from the super rich.


What's the minimum balance requirement to avoid the monthly fee for the CitiGold account? I got the invitation but haven't applied because of my concern over the monthly fee or DD hassle.

rated:
How can you tell if the pushed payment is accepted as a direct deposit to cover monthly requirements? Is the only way to tell to see if you get hit with a fee or is it somehow "marked" in your account?

rated:
niniss said:   
What's the minimum balance requirement to avoid the monthly fee for the CitiGold account? I got the invitation but haven't applied because of my concern over the monthly fee or DD hassle.


50000 in Citi deposit and retirement accounts or 100000 in all Citi accounts, including loans(no mortgages) and investments. The fee is waived for two months for everyone.https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/pands/detail.do?ID=Citigold


MisterEd said:   How can you tell if the pushed payment is accepted as a direct deposit to cover monthly requirements? Is the only way to tell to see if you get hit with a fee or is it somehow "marked" in your account?

All the things I do are marked as "ACH Electronic Credit". On the statement it says the fee was waived because of direct deposit and bill payment. I have done Amazon Payments, PayPal, Serve, bill pay that goes straight into the account, and ING. I do multiple every month to make sure it does it though.

rated:
mjoply said:   

MisterEd said:   How can you tell if the pushed payment is accepted as a direct deposit to cover monthly requirements? Is the only way to tell to see if you get hit with a fee or is it somehow "marked" in your account?

All the things I do are marked as "ACH Electronic Credit". On the statement it says the fee was waived because of direct deposit and bill payment. I have done Amazon Payments, PayPal, Serve, bill pay that goes straight into the account, and ING. I do multiple every month to make sure it does it though.


So basically what you are saying is you don't REALLY know until your statement is generated and you are not charged the fee?

rated:
dbl118 said:   HibikiRush said:   Any update on PayPal still working for Citibank? Received an offer for 20k AA miles after opening a CitiGold account. Would need to pay $30-60 since I don't have the required balance but if I can do PayPal for direct deposit I think it would be worth it.

I am finishing up a citigold bonus. I did paypal, ally, and ing just to improve my chances. At least one of them worked. Make sure to immediately enroll your account in the thankyou network...i didn't and that caused difficulties.


Could you elaborate on the "difficulties" you had? I didn't sign up for TY rewards right away (the email I got didn't say I had to), and I'm still waiting for my bonus. How big a fight will I have to get into with Citi to get the bonus to post?

rated:
To respond to a few things...

I was doing the ach pushes to qualify for the bonus, not avoid the fee. So I actually didn't know they worked until many months later when I was told I qualified.

The minimum balance required is ridiculous. The $30 monthly fee for not having enough is ridiculous too. However the offer I got of 50,000 thank you points was also ridiculous. So my plan was to not even worry about the fees.

According to the e-mail offer I got, in the fine print, I needed to enroll my account in the thank you network by a certain date. Now I'm not sure it was even possible for me to do that online in time, because although I opened my account in time, I didn't have online access for a week or two if I recall.

Several months went by and I got no monthly fee for low balance. I went 4+ months without any fees. Then I got the expected $30 fee. That seemed like a good time to send a secure message and check on the bonus. A few e-mails went back and forth and I was told I didn't qualify because I didn't meet the terms of the offer because I didn't enroll my account in the thank you network in time. I didn't dispute that, but I did say it was hard to use their online interface to enroll, and I'm a long term "good" customer (I hope they don't check that too closely). My e-mail was referred to some case management department, where I was told that I do qualify for the points, and I would get them within 30 days. That was about 15 days ago, and I haven't gotten them yet. I have a copy of the e-mail where they guaranteed me the points, so I don't think there will be a problem, although I'm now worried I won't be able to close things down in time, and I'll get hit with another $30 fee.

So the math is 50,000pts=~$500-$60 (or $30 fee)= $4xx, plus there is a chance I won't have to pay taxes on the money since it is points like a credit card deal not a cash reward.

rated:
MisterEd said:   
So basically what you are saying is you don't REALLY know until your statement is generated and you are not charged the fee?


I suppose you could ring in and ask if your "direct deposit" that was supposed to post has posted yet. Other than that, no there is no way I know of to tell what counts as direct deposit and what does not. That is why I just do multiple things.

rated:
mjoply said:   niniss said:   
What's the minimum balance requirement to avoid the monthly fee for the CitiGold account? I got the invitation but haven't applied because of my concern over the monthly fee or DD hassle.


50000 in Citi deposit and retirement accounts or 100000 in all Citi accounts, including loans(no mortgages) and investments. The fee is waived for two months for everyone.https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/pands/detail.do?ID=Citigold



That's too much, i probably should pass this. Thanks for the info!

rated:
I recently signed up for M&T bank to benefit from a $100 promotion they are holding for making one DD in the first 90 days. I see that there are only two confirmed DD's for that bank - ACH transfers & HSBC trial deposits. Oddly enough, Keybank just acquired 36 branchs of HSBC so I'm curious if that will work. Excuse me for my ignorance but what does an ACH transfer look like ? I know roughly what the definition is but practically speaking, how do I simulate one with M&T bank. I'll be glad to add to the list once I learn more.

Dylan

rated:
saw this online and wondered if you could explain to me how to set up direct deposit thru paypal or some other account?
my email is goosfish@hotmail.com

rated:
Mine posted from the trial deposits with serve.com. I tried Paypal, but it was "blocked" for some reason by M&T. The bonus could have also been triggered by my initial funding from PNC. This was a couple of months ago though.

rated:
M&T posted my DD bonus almost immediately after PayPal linking, but again, this was several months ago.

rated:
I just started a Chase account. Would a TIAA Direct or Emigrant push work for the DD requirement? Thanks.

rated:
My Bank of America is now charging me fees yet I've had multiple paypal deposits the past two months. Looks like Paypal does not work for bank of america anymore

upon further investigation it may be "no monthly fee if you have at least one qualifying direct deposit of $250 or more"

rated:
I have attempted several different transfers to M&T Bank to see if one of them will trigger the DD. I have tried Paypal, ING direct, Serve, & Keybank . At this point, I don't know if they have worked b/c the bonus takes a few weeks to show up. I don't want to ask them but then again, it would be nice to have some sort of confirmation. Thoughts ?

rated:
dylanbrobertson said:   I have attempted several different transfers to M&T Bank to see if one of them will trigger the DD. I have tried Paypal, ING direct, Serve, & Keybank . At this point, I don't know if they have worked b/c the bonus takes a few weeks to show up. I don't want to ask them but then again, it would be nice to have some sort of confirmation. Thoughts ?

I got the bonus the same day a deposit from Venmo for one dollar posted which was one day after the account was opened. I guess that may have triggered it. Although two days before I spoke with someone from M&T who asked if I would be setting direct deposit up so maybe he put it in himself. This was also back in January when the promotion was better so maybe since so many people took the bonus and downgraded they have tightened up their qualifications. You could just use one of those services and then ring in and claim that your internet is down and wanted to know if your direct deposit has posted yet.

rated:
Does ING Direct CONSIDER PayPal withdrawal as DIRECT DEPOSIT? 20 pages long not a single person mentioned it.

rated:
palmpilot said:   I just started a Chase account. Would a TIAA Direct or Emigrant push work for the DD requirement? Thanks.

I use an ING direct push to qualify for the monthly minimum direct deposit. So I assume the others would also work,

rated:
dudethatsmywallet said:   Does ING Direct CONSIDER PayPal withdrawal as DIRECT DEPOSIT? 20 pages long not a single person mentioned it.

Call them and ask. When I did, they said "No"

rated:
SanDance said:   I use an ING direct push to qualify for the monthly minimum direct deposit. So I assume the others would also work,

Thanks, I'm going to try an Ally push.

rated:
How does a direct deposit show up in ING DIRECT Electric orange? What is the transaction description?

rated:
I doubt there are very many with accounts at American Heritage Federal credit union, but their ACH push (which you can do through their bill pay system) counts as a direct deposit for Chase.

rated:
Trial deposits from TIAA-CREF and Paypal worked for Chase DD, as did those from my CU using CashEdge.

rated:
Hey guys,

This is not about banks that count ING transfers but about INGdirect.
Do Amazon transfers count as DD in INGdirect?
I made that transfer to my INGdirect (Electric Orange) account, and the transaction shows up as an "electronic deposit".
I don't know if electronic deposit counts as a DD or not.
Any experts?

rated:
I'm searching for the same answer. What options does anyone know of creative options for direct deposit TO ING DIRECT. Paypal, Amazon Payments??? Others??? Can anyone confirm what they have done?

rated:
alucardish said:   My Bank of America is now charging me fees yet I've had multiple paypal deposits the past two months. Looks like Paypal does not work for bank of america anymore

upon further investigation it may be "no monthly fee if you have at least one qualifying direct deposit of $250 or more"




Did you switch Paypal ACH transfers to $250+ and did it work to satisfy the DD requirement?

rated:
I am trying to meet ING's direct deposit requirement to get a $76 bonus for opening a checking account with ING and making at least two $250 direct deposits to my ING checking account by 8/31/12 (from their July 4th promo). The transfer will be coming from Bank of the West. I am not sure if it will be counted as a direct deposit by ING or not, but for $76 it is certainly worth a couple %250 transfers to find out. When the first one posts I will let you know what the transfer posted as.

rated:
Data Point: ACH push from Ally to Chase still satisfies DD requirement and triggers bonus.

rated:
Does anyone use Mango Debit Card for their 6% savings account??

Does Alliant/PP/ING work??

rated:
I am trying to get phone number to speak with someone at FID BKG LLC Moneyline.
I have $100.00 a month being taken out of my account at St Louis Community Credit Union
without my permission. The credit union stated that they had no contact imformation
for Moneyline and stated that the transaction appeared to be going to an online
gambling site. If anyone could help me please contact me back at: richturn60@aol.com


Sincerely,

Richard,

rated:
It seems that ACH no longer works for Direct Deposit for Bank of America checking account opening bonuses. (Maybe it still does for waiving service charges, I don't know about that.)

BOA now distinguishes between "real" direct deposit and ACH from other banks. A supervisor told me that even though I had deposits from both Alliant and Ally, they didn't count because the transactions didn't say "payroll". She also said that she could see my trial deposits and a "real" payroll direct deposit doesn't send trial deposits. (Is this true? I thought that any DD had to be validated to make sure that the account number was correct.)

My deposits from Ally were coded as "transfer" and my deposits from Alliant were coded as "deposit".

rated:
Can someone tell me the best way to trigger BofA (Bank of America) account opening bonus that required a direct deposit?

rated:
utahdealer said:   Can someone tell me the best way to trigger BofA (Bank of America) account opening bonus that required a direct deposit?



Yes. Have your employer send a real direct deposit. No, I am not being a wise guy.

rated:
Does a USAA push work for Chase? I was going to use ING but stumbled across this site and saw that it doesn't work :/

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014