• filter:
  • 119 20 212223
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
MADWAD said:   Does anyone use Mango Debit Card for their 6% savings account??

Does Alliant/PP/ING work??

ING Person2Person works just fine with Mango. I send $50 to my Mango account this way every month, and I get the 6% rate.

rated:
utahdealer said:   Can someone tell me the best way to trigger BofA (Bank of America) account opening bonus that required a direct deposit?

Probably payroll :/

I opened an account end of May. I had Paypal and First Trade Union push money to BofA ebanking account. Neither worked and I didn't get bonus (both were coded transfers).

rated:
Just deposited into chase from USAA, will report result.

rated:
Can someone explain this Mango thing? Much appreciated.

rated:
AZpennypincher said:   It seems that ACH no longer works for Direct Deposit for Bank of America checking account opening bonuses. (Maybe it still does for waiving service charges, I don't know about that.)

BOA now distinguishes between "real" direct deposit and ACH from other banks. A supervisor told me that even though I had deposits from both Alliant and Ally, they didn't count because the transactions didn't say "payroll". She also said that she could see my trial deposits and a "real" payroll direct deposit doesn't send trial deposits. (Is this true? I thought that any DD had to be validated to make sure that the account number was correct.)

My deposits from Ally were coded as "transfer" and my deposits from Alliant were coded as "deposit".

depreshun said:   
Yes. Have your employer send a real direct deposit. No, I am not being a wise guy.

dpid said:   

Probably payroll :/

I opened an account end of May. I had Paypal and First Trade Union push money to BofA ebanking account. Neither worked and I didn't get bonus (both were coded transfers).

Have any of you guys tried Amazon payments as an option to trigger the bonus for BOA? I've read about it working for some institutions. If not, does anyone have any other idea with exception of acquiring an actual DD from an employer?

rated:
USAA ACH Push into Chase works for DD. $200 bonus received 9/4/2012.

rated:
Confused, ING Direct is reported as not working anymore however, I ACH transfer pushed from ING Direct to Chase and it shows this:

Date Type Description
Pending ACH Credit (MY NAME)ING DIRECT PPD

Doesn't this mean direct deposit?

rated:
How long does it take for Wells Fargo to deposit money from ETrade ?? It's a large amount.

rated:
Could someone please suggest ACH push for Fulton Bank of NJ .. I did the promotion for free kindle Fire and yet to meet the requirements ..

I can do the payal and Amazon payments

rated:
pureigenue said:   Confused, ING Direct is reported as not working anymore however, I ACH transfer pushed from ING Direct to Chase and it shows this:

Date Type Description
Pending ACH Credit (MY NAME)ING DIRECT PPD

Doesn't this mean direct deposit?

According to SanDance on 7/11/12, it does:

SanDance said:   I use an ING direct push to qualify for the monthly minimum direct deposit. So I assume the others would also work,

rated:
sumitmangl said:   Could someone please suggest ACH push for Fulton Bank of NJ .. I did the promotion for free kindle Fire and yet to meet the requirements ..

I can do the payal and Amazon payments

I want to know too.

rated:
Does anyone know if ACH works with Key Bank still?

rated:
treepuppy said:   Does anyone know if ACH works with Key Bank still?
Yep, ACH from USAA is working with Key no problem.

rated:
Does anyone know if ING still is counted as DD by PNC bank? Thanks.

rated:
I see SERVE from AMEX counts as a DD with Chase checking.
Anyone tried BlueBird?

What does it show up as?

edit to add:

I just setup the trial deposits and will let you guys know what's what in a few days.

rated:
KYBOSH said:   I see SERVE from AMEX counts as a DD with Chase checking.
Anyone tried BlueBird?

What does it show up as?

edit to add:

I just setup the trial deposits and will let you guys know what's what in a few days.

Did that work for you?

From the link to the blog post below, paypal will work with Bluebird as a form of direct deposit so you don't get hit with a ATM fee.

LINK

rated:
flowindex said:   KYBOSH said:   I see SERVE from AMEX counts as a DD with Chase checking.
Anyone tried BlueBird?

What does it show up as?

edit to add:

Did that work for you?

From the link to the blog post below, paypal will work with Bluebird as a form of direct deposit so you don't get hit with a ATM fee.

LINK

Yeah, it actually drop the day before last.
It took 3 days for BB to actually complete the transfer (from pending to completed) and another day or two for it to hit the Chase account.

It reads:
Pending ACH Credit bluebird EXCHANGE PPD

I have no idea if it counts for DD though.
I setup an email alert to let me know if any DD over 1 cent hit the account and this triggered this alert.
But I dont know if that alert goes off for any deposit or ones categorized as direct deposits.

I think the only way to know is to use it exclusively one month and see whether you get charge a monthly fee or nor.
I'd rather find out another way though.

rated:
I did another deposit on the 24th and it came through at 2 am this morning.
Perhaps the first one needed to be manually verified as a security precaution even though I previously linked my accounts via username/password verification in BB.

1-2 day ACH push is pretty standard so it looks like business as usual.
Wont know for sure if it satisfied DD requirements next month.

rated:
I can now confirm that Bluebird counts as Direct Deposit with Chase Checking.
Other sources that count as DD are Amazon Payments, ING Direct (now CapitalOne 360), Bank of America and a credit union I just signed up for.

Mango Money does not count as a Direct Deposit with Chase.

The sweet thing about AP is their ACH push shows up the very next day.
Note: I linked my AP account with my Chase account via internet login and not with the traditional trial deposits.
Not sure if that makes a difference in the speed of deposits.

rated:
KYBOSH said:   
Note: I linked my AP account with my Chase account via internet login and not with the traditional trial deposits.

I believe it does not since my Chase is verified with the 2 trial deposits, but still get the fund from AP the next day.

rated:
KYBOSH said:   I can now confirm that Bluebird counts as Direct Deposit with Chase Checking.
Other sources that count as DD are Amazon Payments, ING Direct (now CapitalOne 360), Bank of America and a credit union I just signed up for.

How do you sign up with Amazon for payment services and where do the funds come from? I have a normal account for shopping only with them linked to credit cards.

rated:
AugustFour said:   KYBOSH said:   I can now confirm that Bluebird counts as Direct Deposit with Chase Checking.

How do you sign up with Amazon for payment services and where do the funds come from? I have a normal account for shopping only with them linked to credit cards.

All the info and discussion you want (and way more) here.

rated:
Thanks! Just signed up. Do they take back deposits between $0.10 and $0.99 (this is important for linked savings accounts with limited withdrawals)?

rated:
It's been over a month since I've linked an external account, but AP has always left their deposits in the external account for me, if that's what you're asking.

rated:
What about The Bank of the Maine, BMO Harris Bank and Associated Bank, does external bank ACH deposit, paypal and AP count as DD, anyone?

rated:
guoguo914 said:   What about The Bank of the Maine, BMO Harris Bank and Associated Bank, does external bank ACH deposit, paypal and AP count as DD, anyone?

Give it a try and let us know.

rated:
That's gonna take months..

rated:
guoguo914 said:   That's gonna take months..

This thread is an accumulation of trial and error from over the last 7 years (since 2006).
Since your banks aren't that popular you'll have to do the experimenting unless you can find a partner to test with you (unlikely unless there is some bonus promo or high APR being offered) or find someone who has done it and contributed (check the summary page). If neither of these 2 things are true then we hope you will take one for the team and do it and report back for the benefit of the board. That's how this thread got to where it is now.... by BRAVE PATRIOTS LIKE YOU my friend.

Go forth and return with VICTORY!

rated:
Bank of Kansas City counted either Ally, Paypal, or Amazon Payments (all coded as the same transaction type)-they should post the bonus the day after the transfer posts. I did the other Bank of the West bonus that doesn't require DD, but Barclays, Ally, and Amazon Payments all show up as DIRECTDEP for transaction type. As for BMO Harris, I set up legitimate direct deposit b/c the payout date is 4 months from opening...far past the 60 day "trial" window.

rated:
How does your real DD look like?

In the summary post, paypal is listed as qualified for M&I Bank, which is merged with Harris Bank now: M&I Bank (Marshall & Ilsley) (Paypal)

Both my Paypal transfer and ACH push from Chase says "ACH Deposit - Credit" and "PPD". Don't know if this counts.

04/02/2013 ACH Deposit - Credit #########3 ACH DEPOSIT PPD JPMorgan Chase Ext Trnsfr Uncategorized $1.00 $102.00
03/29/2013 ACH Deposit - Credit 535226WAPDGNN ACH DEPOSIT PPD PAYPAL TRANSFER Uncategorized $1.00 $101.00

infogirlgeek said:   Bank of Kansas City counted either Ally, Paypal, or Amazon Payments (all coded as the same transaction type)-they should post the bonus the day after the transfer posts. I did the other Bank of the West bonus that doesn't require DD, but Barclays, Ally, and Amazon Payments all show up as DIRECTDEP for transaction type. As for BMO Harris, I set up legitimate direct deposit b/c the payout date is 4 months from opening...far past the 60 day "trial" window.

rated:
I set it up but it hasn't posted yet. It wasn't changed as of today. Hopefully it will be changed 2 weeks from now and I'll report back. Also, I don't know if it was mentioned, but none of my "non-employer" DD's worked for GTE Financial Credit Union. :/

rated:
I recently opened a Chase Checking account with bonus for DD. Tried PP and CapitalOne 360 till now and they both show as follows:

PAYPAL TRANSFER PPD ID
CAPITAL ONE NA CAPITALONE PPD ID

Not sure if it will count as a DD for the bonus. I should have an Amazon Seller account payment coming into the account as well, we'll see how it shows up and if it triggers the bonus. Other than that I only have a Amazon Payments account to transfer money into the chase account to try and trigger the bonus.

rated:
friendlyguy said:   I recently opened a Chase Checking account with bonus for DD. Tried PP and CapitalOne 360 till now and they both show as follows:

PAYPAL TRANSFER PPD ID
CAPITAL ONE NA CAPITALONE PPD ID

Not sure if it will count as a DD for the bonus. I should have an Amazon Seller account payment coming into the account as well, we'll see how it shows up and if it triggers the bonus. Other than that I only have a Amazon Payments account to transfer money into the chase account to try and trigger the bonus.

If it helps, DD from my employer shows as
EMPLOYER PPD ID: XXXXXXXXX

rated:
For BMO Harris my Real DD says: ACH Deposit-Credit ####### PPD Employer Name

rated:
Apparently, you do not pay much attention to your Amazon account page.
Login and read the right side of your account page specially under "Your Other Accounts".
It is hidden in the plain sight right under your nose for years now.

>How do you sign up with Amazon for payment services and where do the funds come from? I have a normal account for >shopping only with them linked to credit cards.

Just want to add my $.02

Chase accepts Td Ameritrade ACH and Schwab ACH as DD.
Got couple hundred $$ from Chase multiple times now.

NuVisionFedera CU accepts Td Ameritrade ACH and Schwab ACH and AmazonPay as DD.
Free $$ is never too much.

Another $0.02 for AmazonPay,
I have been buying FREE eBooks from Amazon almost daily(1 paied and 2000+ free) and I do not get $1.00 hold treatment.

rated:
Academy Bank (which says it is a division of Armed Forces Bank, N.A.) is a bank that is inside a lot of WMs here as some kind of "second chance banking" option -- has a lot of fairly high fees, but does have a free checking if you have DD. Anyone tried this with any of these ACH services?

rated:
Hello. I'm new to the fatwallet community and have a question regarding serve direct deposit. Does Serve still count as a direct deposit for the chase checking promotion?

Thank you for any and all responses.

rated:
I push $500 by ACH from my Citibank account to Chase every month and Chase counts it as direct deposit to avoid maintenance fees.

rated:
infogirlgeek said:   For BMO Harris my Real DD says: ACH Deposit-Credit ####### PPD Employer Name

Thanks.

From my experience so far, if the bank categorize a transaction with some sort of code, then a "PPD" transaction is counted as DD.

rated:
I transfer $500 a month from ING to Regions Bank to avoid maintenance fees, confirmed by recent discussion with a rep (I didn't bring it up, she just mentioned it).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014