• filter:
  • 117 18 19202123
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Some interesting data points, regarding a direct deposit requirement to a Chase personal checking account for a $150 bonus. Both amounts were well over $500:

1. ACH credit from Amazon Payments, ACH SEC (Standard Entry Class) code CCD (Corporate Credit or Debit), didn't trigger the bonus.

2. ACH credit from Bank of America, ACH SEC code PPD (Pre-arranged Payment and Deposit Entry), triggered the bonus.

What's also interesting is that CCD is supposedly for business accounts only, as documented here. It's possible, though, that if the consumer has authorized the transaction, then it won't get returned. Presumably this happens when one accepts Amazon Payment's terms and conditions.

rated:
jason8930 said:   I'm not sure about ING but I believe USAA did in the past for Chase, I'm pretty sure it still does but would have to be verified.

USAA worked for me with Chase in October.

rated:
does citibank count incoming ach transfers as direct deposits?

rated:
Does an ACH push from INGDirect work for Citibank checking as an DD?

rated:
yeah now that Citibank changed Thank You Points to include a DD, many of us will need to test to find out.

rated:
hapollo8 said:   yeah now that Citibank changed Thank You Points to include a DD, many of us will need to test to find out.

For Citibank Thank You Points, does Paypal and ACH push still work? They may be cracking down on those since it is now required to get point instead of extra product to get extra point. Someone in the other Citibank account changing thread said Schwab ACH no longer work for them.

rated:
wajj said:   jason8930 said:   I'm not sure about ING but I believe USAA did in the past for Chase, I'm pretty sure it still does but would have to be verified.

USAA worked for me with Chase in October.

Testing in the next few days... will post an update soon.

rated:
Money transfer from Serve account was considered as DD for chase bank and got the account opening bonus as well

rated:
I'll sign up for the citigold 40k thank you bonus if direct deposit can be seen from paypal or dwolla. Let me know

rated:
sun818 said:   I'll sign up for the citigold 40k thank you bonus if direct deposit can be seen from paypal or dwolla. Let me know
As of our Dec 2011 CG statements, PayPal still counted as direct deposit. Transaction is posted as ACH Electronic Credit Mon dd hh:mm PAYPAL TRANSFER. In most month's that is the only ACH Electronic Credit transaction that we have. In fact, the PayPal account verification deposits in my son's account also counted. They were posted as ACH Electronic Credit Mon dd hh:mm PAYPAL VERIFYBANK. I have started giving him his allowance via PayPal so he will have a DD transaction.

rated:
Nice, time for a 40k bonus.

rated:
sun818 said:   I'll sign up for the citigold 40k thank you bonus if direct deposit can be seen from paypal or dwolla. Let me know

I'm not taking any extra chances. I'm pushing money from paypal, ING, and ally. The problem is it might be many months until you know if it worked. Meanwhile every month does count, and this is a deal where you will actually lose a significant amount of money in fees if it doesn't work.

rated:
wmnetid said:   sun818 said:   I'll sign up for the citigold 40k thank you bonus if direct deposit can be seen from paypal or dwolla. Let me know
As of our Dec 2011 CG statements, PayPal still counted as direct deposit. Transaction is posted as ACH Electronic Credit Mon dd hh:mm PAYPAL TRANSFER. In most month's that is the only ACH Electronic Credit transaction that we have. In fact, the PayPal account verification deposits in my son's account also counted. They were posted as ACH Electronic Credit Mon dd hh:mm PAYPAL VERIFYBANK. I have started giving him his allowance via PayPal so he will have a DD transaction.

As someone mentioned in the other Citibank thread, in their December Citibank statement, they do have transaction that's posted as "ACH Electronic Credit" from Schwab. For Thankyou point, the new rule is you need to have one direct deposit to get any Thankyou point and that person indicate during December, he didn't get any Thankyou point while it used to work before.

So just because it said "ACH Electronic Credit" doesn't mean Citibank will treat it as direct deposit. Multiple persons confirmed that change in December. Not sure if this is just a one month issue or they are cracking down on it after they changed how people earn Thankyou point (must have direct deposit which not required before).

rated:
Wondering if anyone here knows if ING/Paypal/ACH Push Transfers can be used as Direct Deposit into a Navy FCU account.

rated:
wmnetid said:   sun818 said:   I'll sign up for the citigold 40k thank you bonus if direct deposit can be seen from paypal or dwolla. Let me know

Just want to be sure how do you know Paypal still counted as direct deposit in your Dec 2011 statement? Are you getting any Thankyou point in December and Jan correctly? How much money you are transferring from Paypal (may be need certain amount to count as direct deposit)? We are not talking about previously but starting in Dec 2011.

As mentioned earlier, multiple persons confirmed "ACH Electronic Credit" from Schwab is not counting as direct deposit starting in their December statement (worked before) and not getting any ThankYou point in Dec because of that. Not sure if this has to do with how much money they transfer or some other issue due to Citibank Thankyou point switching to a newer point system.

rated:
So I am new to this and looking to do two chase checking accts. What other bank do i need to use for direct deposit to avoid fees? also what does ach stand for?

rated:
protrek said:   protrek said:   snowshine said:   Can anyone confirm if ACH push to First trade union as DD?

I tried Ally ACH push and the transfer is posted today. I will write here if I will get the DD bonus. It shows as "ALLY BANK $TRANSFER" on the details of transaction.

Another data point; for FTUB Ally ACH push didn't count as DD.

Another data point, ING puch did not count as DD at FTUB either

rated:
I transferred funds from my serve account and it was posted as Direct Deposited and triggered account opening bonus as well

rated:
^^^to what account?

rated:
Edit : I transferred funds from my serve account to Chase checking account and it was posted as Direct Deposited and triggered account opening bonus as well

rated:
when you say serve account. Are you referring to serve.com?

rated:
BofA transfers did not do the trick for Chase. HSBC transfers did.

slotownmomma: yes.

rated:
Anyone considered asking Citibank if Paypal/ACH pushes still count as DD's? Or does that violate the "never call" rule?

rated:
Psycho41 said:   Anyone considered asking Citibank if Paypal/ACH pushes still count as DD's? Or does that violate the "never call" rule?

And what do you expect? Any of these bank CSRs are going to tell you that it has to be Payroll/social security...

The fact that ACH pushes have worked is a trick...not an entitlement.

rated:
Hi, I need quick help! If I pay for something with Paypal and there's is no money in my account so they take it from my bank, is this considered an ACH transfer? I'm with Ally and am willing to switch if there's a bank that doesn't count paypal withdrawals as ACH OR has no Ach transfer limits. Thank you!!

rated:
Is anyone using dwolla as direct deposit method?

AMEX serve?

rated:
Anyone know if Capital One treats Ally ACH as direct deposit? What about HSBC?

rated:
Does eft=ach?
I set up a link between Ing and efirstbank.com and my test deposits show as effect.

rated:
fish777 said:   wmnetid said:   sun818 said:   I'll sign up for the citigold 40k thank you bonus if direct deposit can be seen from paypal or dwolla. Let me know

As someone mentioned in the other Citibank thread, in their December Citibank statement, they do have transaction that's posted as "ACH Electronic Credit" from Schwab. For Thankyou point, the new rule is you need to have one direct deposit to get any Thankyou point and that person indicate during December, he didn't get any Thankyou point while it used to work before.

So just because it said "ACH Electronic Credit" doesn't mean Citibank will treat it as direct deposit. Multiple persons confirmed that change in December. Not sure if this is just a one month issue or they are cracking down on it after they changed how people earn Thankyou point (must have direct deposit which not required before).

I got the "relationship ty points" for my regular checking account that I started in Jan. I just did an ACH push from Ally and a Bill Payment. I opened for the 20k ty points. I unfortunately did not notice the 15k balance requirement and thought it was 6k...I have a 0% credit card that I linked to get me to the balance, but will have to add some money to the account to avoid the 20 dollar a month fee. The fee is waived for 2 months...

rated:
Does anyone know if a deposit from Square Up counts as a direct deposit?

rated:
Is the post updated: Feb. 8, 2012 @ 5:22a by anhdo136
refer to the two lists of Banks that do and do not count ING/Paypal/ACH push transfers as direct deposits
or are those lists from some earlier period?

rated:
is the post updated: Feb. 8, 2012 @ 5:22a by anhdo136

refer to the two lists of

Banks that do and do not count ING/Paypal/ACH push transfers as direct deposits
or are those lists from an earlier post?

rated:
Is there an ACTIVE thread showing the maximum # of accts you can link to each bank for in/out ACH transactions?

rated:
push from serve account worked for $150 new chase account bonus

rated:
Ally push still works for Chase. Alliant does not seem to work anymore.

rated:
Does Wells Fargo accept paypal deposits as a direct deposit to waive minimum balance requirements?

rated:
depreshun said:   Ally push still works for Chase. Alliant does not seem to work anymore.Does not work to avoid fees or to qualify for a bonus?

rated:
Pondus said:   depreshun said:   Ally push still works for Chase. Alliant does not seem to work anymore.Does not work to avoid fees or to qualify for a bonus?

Interestingly enough, I looked back through my statments. I used Ally push last year because others reported it worked at the time and I had an account already. It triggered the bonus. However, I pushed $500+ each month from Alliant and never had a service fee. A friend tried an Alliant push recently and it would not trigger. He called them and they said there were no valid DD's on the account. He set up a small $100-ish push from Ally and the bonus posted a few days later.

rated:
tdstevens said:   Does Wells Fargo accept paypal deposits as a direct deposit to waive minimum balance requirements?

I have the same question.

rated:
Any recent experience for using either ING or PayPal with SunTrust counting as DD?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014