• filter:
  • 11920 21 2223
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
It's been awhile--anyone know if an ACH counts as direct deposit for Citizens Bank?

rated:
larkin said:   It's been awhile--anyone know if an ACH counts as direct deposit for Citizens Bank?

I will let you know after 6/30. Awaiting the $150 bonus.

rated:
Just curious, but does anyone know if an ACH Push into Bank of Internet works to satisfy their direct desposit requirement on the rewards checking account requirements?

rated:
Just did a direct deposit to my Bank of the West from Paypal. Hope to see a bonus by 8/01/2013.

rated:
This is a bit old...in 10/2012, Fifth Third Bank accepted ING as direct deposit ergo I got my bonus.

rated:
how do you push from serve?

rated:

withdraw (197.50kB)
Disclaimer
Mdanz said:   how do you push from serve?

See the image. Click on the red square I drew "Withdraw". It'll lead you to it.

rated:
Okay, so from a PM response from depreshun, I know that Alliant ACH works as DD for Citizens Bank. Any others have experience with other banks? Specifically Ally and/or Citibank ACH.

Would be good to know what's been working with Chase recently as well!
Edit 1: Seems Citibank should work for Chase as of 5/16/13 as per Zoot on this thread.

Which bank ACHs are working for Citibank to qualify for DD? Didn't see any recent updates on the thread.

rated:
Just a update, US Bank still considers ACH push as Direct Deposit for bonus purposes.
I had amount pushed from Ally into US Bank and got the bonus.

rated:
What was the result with USAA??

rated:
enrohT said:   Just deposited into chase from USAA, will report result.

What was the result with USAA?

rated:
Just received my $150 bonus from bank of the west with a single direct deposit made by paypal.

thanks

rated:
curious how you all can tell it was accepted as DD vs. just a transfer. do you tell by just waiting for the bonus or can you see it some other way? i have a couple banks that need DD to avoid monthly service fee. i'm not keep on paying the fee to see if it works.

rated:
Just a heads up... as of today one of the following counts as DD for Citibank:
Statefarm online payment
Capital One 360 (previously ING Direct) P2P payment
Amazon Payments
Square
Paypal
Google Wallet
Pop Money (from Ally Bank, using my routing and account numbers directly)
Charles Schwab Brokerage Money Link
Chase ACH Push

I used all these last month and one of them did it because I got 900 Thank You points which is what you get with Citigold and DD and bill pay. If I had to guess I'd say it was the brokerage transfer because Charles Schwab told me that the receiving bank has no indication of whether or not it was a dividend transfer (which it most certainly wasn't; I don't know the first thing about stocks) and if you look deep into their terms and conditions (Citi) you'll see that they do accept dividend transfers as DD. By the way, if anyone reading this managed to open an account before the end of July for the 40,000 bonus points it's not a bad idea to deposit a check, ever for a penny through a smartphone, this way you have proof that you logged in to the mobile app as it shows up as "Mobile deposit". Just remember, the check can't be from another account you own for some reason. Now that I'm finished, does anyone know what sort of ACH Key Bank will actually accept for DD?

rated:
"curious how you all can tell it was accepted as DD vs. just a transfer. do you tell by just waiting for the bonus or can you see it some other way? i have a couple banks that need DD to avoid monthly service fee."

i'm not keep on paying the fee to see if it works.You can have on of them post and the next day you play dumb and send a secure msg asking if your dd posted. or some banks will let you set up an alert when a dd posts

rated:
rwhrampton said:   enrohT said:   Just deposited into chase from USAA, will report result.

What was the result with USAA?

I think anything works with Chase. anytime any ACH credit hits my account I get an alert that a dd posted. also on my monthly Chase statement it says that I wasn't charged a monthly fee becuase I had x amount of dd which is a lot more than my actual payroll

rated:
luiset83 said:   Okay, so from a PM response from depreshun, I know that Alliant ACH works as DD for Citizens Bank. Any others have experience with other banks? Specifically Ally and/or Citibank ACH.

Would be good to know what's been working with Chase recently as well!
Edit 1: Seems Citibank should work for Chase as of 5/16/13 as per Zoot on this thread.

Which bank ACHs are working for Citibank to qualify for DD? Didn't see any recent updates on the thread.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/432086/m17899355/#m17899...

rated:
aharonrubin said:   Just a heads up... as of today one of the following counts as DD for Citibank:
Statefarm online payment
Amazon Payments
Square
Paypal
Google Wallet
Chase ACH Push

Thanks for narrowing it down for us...

rated:
KYBOSH said:   aharonrubin said:   Just a heads up... as of today one of the following counts as DD for Citibank:
Statefarm online payment
Amazon Payments
Square
Paypal
Google Wallet
Chase ACH Push

Thanks for narrowing it down for us...

Well, actually as of today I got confirmation that I'm eligible for the points. SO far this month i've done Amazon payments, Schwab Brokerage Money Link transfer and Chase ACH push. so it's one of those 3

rated:
and can no one give me good news about Key Bank... Pm me if possible

rated:
Anything concrete for Citibank yet? Also is there a specific amount that needs to be reached? Could I transfer $1 with Amazon Payments and $1 with Paypal and hope one counts as an ACH DD?

rated:
megaubiquitous said:   Anything concrete for Citibank yet? Also is there a specific amount that needs to be reached? Could I transfer $1 with Amazon Payments and $1 with Paypal and hope one counts as an ACH DD?

For now this is as concrete as it gets.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/432086/m17905466/#m17905...

rated:
aharonrubin said:   megaubiquitous said:   Anything concrete for Citibank yet? Also is there a specific amount that needs to be reached? Could I transfer $1 with Amazon Payments and $1 with Paypal and hope one counts as an ACH DD?

I will be doing transfers from Paypal and Amazon Payments. If I don't get the bonus, I'll be able to rule those out and will update the threa dto share with others.

rated:
megaubiquitous said:   
aharonrubin said:   
megaubiquitous said:   Anything concrete for Citibank yet? Also is there a specific amount that needs to be reached? Could I transfer $1 with Amazon Payments and $1 with Paypal and hope one counts as an ACH DD?

I will be doing transfers from Paypal and Amazon Payments. If I don't get the bonus, I'll be able to rule those out and will update the threa dto share with others.

I can confirm Paypal works as a direct deposit. How do I know this? Each month Citi will give you 425 thankyou rewards if you pay a bill using ther bill pay service and you do a direct deposit into the account. This month I've only transferred money to my Citi bank by using the Citi  banks transfer feature (on Citi's website) and I have done a Paypal transfer.

Really neat. 425 points each month will net me 5100 points a year and I don't even need to keep much money in the account since if you do a DD and bill payment, you don't need the $1,500 daily balance. I'll probable leave the $1,500 in anyway though just to be safe.

rated:
If anyone is planning on doing the Chase $200 bonus it's real easy: just put in $100 within 10 days of opening and have at least one direct deposit post within 60 days. My mom just opened the account and she set up ACH transfers from her Capital One account (through Capital One's website). When the 2 small test deposits hit her account and she got an alert that the direct deposits posted to her account (which you get for any and every single ACH credit) she sent a secure message asking what she has to do to get the $200 (without even mentioning the test deposits). Chase dutifully replied that the direct deposits must be payroll, pension or government benefits. She gets Social Security (no, she's not a leach on society. She's over 65) but I told her to hold off on switching it into the account. She transferred $100 into her Chase account (again using Capital One's website) and lo and behold 10 days later the bonus was there!

rated:
BTW my mom also opened the Citigold account and she set up Direct Deposit with Social Security and there's actually an ACH credit in her account for $0.00 from Social Security although I highly doubt that will qualify... the only actual ACH credit she received was from Schwab Brokerage MoneyLink for $9. The statement should cycle the first of the month so I'll post the results of that.

rated:
CONFIRMED: SCHWAB BROKERAGE MONEYLINK TRANSFERS ARE CONSIDERED DIRECT DEPOSITS FOR CITI BANK.

rated:
Capital One (ING), Schwab Brokerage, and Barclays Online Savings all seem to count as direct deposit (based on Chase statement listing amount of direct deposits for the month).

rated:
In case anyone wants to know Schwab Brokerage counts as direct deposit for Key Bank. I deposited $600 through MoneyLink and in less than 3 weeks the $200 was put into my account.

rated:
Anyone know how to do an ACH push from citibank? I didn't see ACH as a payment/transfer option. The closest one is Inter Institution Transfer. Is this one the ACH push?

rated:
myopetz said:   Anyone know how to do an ACH push from citibank? I didn't see ACH as a payment/transfer option. The closest one is Inter Institution Transfer. Is this one the ACH push?
  Yes.

rated:
Can anyone confirm that Paypal still works for BOA?

rated:
aharonrubin said:   CONFIRMED: SCHWAB BROKERAGE MONEYLINK TRANSFERS ARE CONSIDERED DIRECT DEPOSITS FOR CITI BANK.

How much money you transfer from Schwab to Citi?  Someone confirmed it won't work before and I believe they only setup transfer of $1 a month to Citi.
I wonder if Citi also check how much money was transferred but too bad many people here don't mention how much they transferred.

rated:
madshakes said:   Can anyone confirm that Paypal still works for BOA?
   +1   Need to know as well.

BofA gave me a "lifetime" no-fee checking account, and a couple weeks ago I got a notice that they're revoking the no-fees on the accounts and starting to charge unless you have at least $250/month DD or $1500 balance.  I'm looking for my original account-opening paperwork to try and fight it, but if not I may do monthly $250 transfers and pay a few select bills out of that account each month anyway.

rated:
BOA allows for you to set an email alert for "Direct deposit credited to your account".

I just setup and will try for PP and AP.

rated:
I have a lifetime no-fee checking account as well, no notice yet.

rated:
Chase counted an ACH push from American Express Serve as a direct deposit.
Thanks to this thread, I just used that method to qualify for their recent $150 bonus.

rated:
Chase counted my ACH push from Discover Checking as direct deposit.

rated:
dvaught said:   Chase counted my ACH push from Discover Checking as direct deposit.
  So how much money needed to count as ACH push?  Will $1 works?  Or need to be more like a normal salary payment like few hundreds or thousands?

rated:
I did $500 even for the bonus... but if it helps, both of the trial deposits appeared to be treated the same by Chase (assigned a PPD ID and said 'ACH Credit').

Worth a shot.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014