• 140 41 42434447
  • Page
  • Text Only
Igobanking 4.2% apy down from 4.5%.

giant bank down to 4.26% apy.

mhesidence said: UnixLab said: Amtrust goes down
4.41% Interest, 4.50% APY, Still 5.11%APY for first 90 days

I don't see 4.5%. looks like 4.60% APY. link here.

QS updated.
Don't see the 5.11% for first 90 days either. If its still there add link to it in the notes.

The 90 days 5.11% goes away this morning. It was 5.11% when I posted it.
With the link you provide (e-savings) it says "Please note that this e-Savings rate is available for new money only and is limited to one account per customer." I believe that is 90 days only rate. and after 90 days, it is the same rate as e-moneymarket rate which is here

Virtual bank down.

eMoney Market  
        Balance      Interest Rate APY* Min. Open 

Under $10,000.00  3.00%  3.05%  $100    
  $10,000.00 - $24,999.99  3.00%  3.05%  $100    
  $25,000.00 - $49,999.99  3.50%  3.56%  $100    
  $50,000.00 - $99,999.99  3.75%  3.82%  $100    
       $100,000.00 and up  4.00%  4.08%  $100  

UnixLab said: mhesidence said: UnixLab said: Amtrust goes down
4.41% Interest, 4.50% APY, Still 5.11%APY for first 90 days

I don't see 4.5%. looks like 4.60% APY. link here.

QS updated.
Don't see the 5.11% for first 90 days either. If its still there add link to it in the notes.

The 90 days 5.11% goes away this morning. It was 5.11% when I posted it.
With the link you provide (e-savings) it says "Please note that this e-Savings rate is available for new money only and is limited to one account per customer." I believe that is 90 days only rate. and after 90 days, it is the same rate as e-moneymarket rate which is here

From their FAQ.

The e-Savings account is a variable rate account and rates are subject to change after the 90 day period. Amtrust Direct has consistently offered rates that are among the best in the country for savings, money market, and CD products. Future e-Savings rates will be based on market conditions and our desire to offer the best possible combination of rates, services, and products for our customers. Our current regular e-Savings APY is 4.60% on all balances greater than $1.

Updating QS to reflect "e-savings" account and not the "e-money market".

OMG disscusion. RED RED. DELETE DELETE.

Why have you forsaken me HSBC? WHY?!?!?!?!

Seriously though, this 3.80% is reidiculous. They pull everyone in at 6% and like a year later we've dropped to almost half of that? WTF?

glxpass said: gwu1986 said: Alliant FCU 4.85% apy savings account.
Min $100.
Local or National PTA membership qualifies.
ACH In/Out.

Added to Quick Summary. And added again.

And again, but specified "Savings."

Fed has cut again 0.5 pc i was expecting only 0.25%. Probably citibank will reduce its interest rates again.
Can anyone has knowledge if cd rates or savings accounts rates fall very much now?

I think after the reaction of this Fed cut, which means yet another 30 basis points lower or so than rates we have now, we'll see a bottom. As far as CDs, I wouldn't open any under 4% or anything higher than 12 months right now. Inflation will get out of control and Fed will be forced to raise rates after they give people some time to refinance mortgages. As far as myself, I'm done with CDs for at least 6 months or so.

Also, you'll soon have expectations for rates going up baked into CD rates soon.

Flagstar MMA down again
4.40% apy (was 4.65%)

Added First Arkansas Bank

Savings Square just dropped to 4.50% APY from 4.80%. I'm not going to bother to update the QS since it keeps on mutating.

Nationwide High-Yield Money Market Checking

Has several tiers, but all are currently 4.35% APY.

$1000 minimum to open. $1000 minimum average daily balance to avoid $8 monthly fee.

This is not so big but still good for people who live in dayton,oh area and have account with wright patt credit union. They have this new thing( i did not see this before) 7.0% APY on the first $500 in your TrueSaver account
link
http://www.wpcu.coop/default.aspx?ContentItem=2767&L1=510&L2=531&L3=0&NAV=0

Not sure if UFB Direct did in fact change rates for their Absolute Savings accounts, but I logged into my account and saw:

Interest Rate: 4.419%
APY: 4.24%

This is a drop from the previous 4.5%.

E*Trade cuts the yield on their "Max-rate" checking: Was 3.60%APY Now 3.25%APY

Complete Savings unchanged(So far!) at 4.40%APY

skadoo323 said: Not sure if UFB Direct did in fact change rates for their Absolute Savings accounts, but I logged into my account and saw:

UFB rate page still says 4.5% APY.

and "Product Interest Rates Effective as of 1/31/2008"

Added:

4) Alliant Credit Union Savings
4.85% APY $100+
0.00% APY < $100
$5 minimum
ACH originate: YES, ACH target: YES, checks: NO, debit card: NO

to Quick Summary, numbered the accounts, and put in "APY" where necessary.

mhesidence said: skadoo323 said: Not sure if UFB Direct did in fact change rates for their Absolute Savings accounts, but I logged into my account and saw:

UFB rate page still says 4.5% APY.

and "Product Interest Rates Effective as of 1/31/2008"

Actually I was correct and the rate did change, but even worse. I spoke to Carlos at their toll free number and the new rate is now 3.93%/4%. The rate just changed and he said the site has not been updated yet, but will be updated.

New PFF Bank E-Savings Account at 4.75%
Savings Square down to 4.5% from 4.8%

Bumped the last bank (Indymac) on list off.

Added Doral Bank Direct 4.85%

glxpass said: Added:

4) Alliant Credit Union Savings
4.85% APY $100+
0.00% APY < $100
$5 minimum

to Quick Summary, numbered the accounts, and put in "APY" where necessary.
corrected.

Shorebank down to %4.15 (from %5.0)

WAMU down to 4.25% I expect things to only get worse as the Fed does it's rescue
so I'm probably just gonna weather the storm instead of jumping to another bank
I think the glory days of 5% apy are all but over

scott1961 said: Added First Arkansas Bank
Probably too late. Their rate will be down to 4.3 APY effective 2/7/08, according to the bank.

Presidential Premier Savings down to 3.5% APY.

mhesidence said: Added Doral Bank Direct 4.85%

Appears to have dropped to 3.75% now.

GMAC Bank down to 4% APY.

bittul said: Shorebank down to %4.15 (from %5.0)

Shorebank Still at 5% as of 02-01-2008

RedPlasticCup said: bittul said: Shorebank down to %4.15 (from %5.0)

Shorebank Still at 5% as of 02-01-2008

%4.15 effective Feb. 1st. As per their email.

Quote:

"Dear ShoreBank Direct Customer,

As you know, the Federal Reserve has been cutting rates. In line with this new environment, ShoreBank is lowering the interest rate on its online high-yield savings account. We wanted to let you know that as of February 1, 2008, your high-yield savings account will earn 4.15% APY*."

Countrywide down to %4.75 (from %5.0)

As predicted! ING Direct lowers all rates.

ING Direct orange savings Was:3.65%APY Now:3.40%APY

ING Electric orange Tiers Was:2.50%APY Now: 2.25%APY
Was:4.00%APY Now: 3.75%APY
Was:4.25%APY Now:4.00%APY

alliant savings down to 4.35% APY

ED Savings down to 4.05%
Fidelity mySmartCash down to 2%
PresidentialBank Checking down to 2.75%

Corus Bank Ultimate MMA down to 4.50% (was 4.75)

UFB down to 4.0

joeyjoejoe said: Why have you forsaken me HSBC? WHY?!?!?!?!

Seriously though, this 3.80% is reidiculous. They pull everyone in at 6% and like a year later we've dropped to almost half of that? WTF?

I'll say.
"We are writing to inform you that based on the recent drop by the Federal Reserve, HSBC Direct has adjusted your Online Savings Account rate to 3.80% APY*. At 8x the national savings average**, you are still earning one of America’s highest savings rates."

Added:

Alliant Credit Union Savings
4.35% APY $100+
0.00% APY < $100
$5 minimum
Available to all by joining the National PTA for $25. Membership in your local PTA is also acceptable.

to the Quick Summary.

Amboy Premium dropped to 4.00% yesterday.

franklin mint federal credit union has 7.00% APY on balances up to $500, balances over $500 will earn a 1.00% APY.
* No minimum balance requirement
* No monthly service fee

Supersaver 7% APY

sorry for the elementary question, but just to be sure - if i have $510 - i'll be getting 7% on the $500 and 1% on the $10 correct?

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 140 41 42434447
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014