• 1 234522
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Let's start the networking ...Right here...

The thread is exclusively for Job posting. I don't see any point asking for a job that do not exist. So please help to keep the thread clean.

If you hate the idea just ignore the thread. After all it is just another thread, guys....

Why here?
Anyone land in FATWALLET can not be that dumb....So you get to find the most active citizens. This kind of audience exists nowhere else .... Guaranteed

If you have Job openings in your company. Why not share with us.?

Hope this thread will grow and benefit many others.

Because there is no other place like FATWALLET.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
My company has tons of engineering positions for top brass in PHP and C++. We are one of the worlds fastest growing Int... (more)

anxman69 (Oct. 22, 2010 @ 2:08p) |

In LA near the airport (El Segundo) 2 software engineering jobs (One sr and one Jr.). Strong C++ and embedded systems. A... (more)

wickedrandi (Oct. 23, 2010 @ 5:14p) |

I'm hiring a Senior Accountant at a tech co in Los Angeles. 2 year Big 4 and/or strong GL accounting preferred. PM me.

jkimcpa (Oct. 23, 2010 @ 6:34p) |

Please post here if this forum helped you to get a job. We love to hear your story.

Please be sure to include locations(s) with your post.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

fatcool said: We are looking for a guy with Java and Microsoft experiance.

Microsoft experience is pretty vague...Yeah I have experience with WIN 3.1

this is a fabulous idea, I think we can create multiple threads for different states like:

Job Openings - NY
Job Openings - NJ

That sounds cool.........

qwe123 said: this is a fabulous idea, I think we can create multiple threads for different states like:

Job Openings - NY
Job Openings - NJ

I think it would be a good idea to create another forum... pretty soon finance forum fanatics will start bi*ching that this doesnt belong here and what not..

Also rather than posting a generalized requirement lets post a more detailed job requirement (requirement, skills needed, nice to have, location, and salary (if possible))

Most people will miss the opportunity if we move this somewhere else.. This is dead on Finance issue...
I know few will argue otherwise...

dealdog said: I think it would be a good idea to create another forum... pretty soon finance forum fanatics will start bi*ching that this doesnt belong here and what not..

Also rather than posting a generalized requirement lets post a more detailed job requirement (requirement, skills needed, nice to have, location, and salary (if possible))

hey, i guess fatwallet won't mind to add another forum right next to Finance, and actually it could pontentially bring in a lot of new FWers.

Woah. This is HUGE news! I didn't realize that Monster.com and HotJobs had gone under.

Monster and HotJobs are job posting sites only. I think the intent of this is more for networking, since lots of times companies do not post their jobs on those sites, or only hire from them as a last resort. For some rason they often much prefer hiring someone "referred" by a current employee (well, at least with smaller companies), which I think is the idea here . Remember, it's not WHAT you know, but WHO you know.

Woo-hoo: an entire labor pool guaranteed to spend a good portion of their day cruising for bargains on the internet...not that I'm not guilty of that as well, but...

Did any Fatwallet management people see those proposals?

Fatwallet management should give serious consideration for this idea, the point here is to post the job opennings that are not posted on Monster.com and Hotjobs.com.

I believe it will get hotter and hotter.....

you need a job to have a fatwallet!

SAP or Oracle Implementation Skills / Experience (HR Module)

qwe123 said: this is a fabulous idea, I think we can create multiple threads for different states like:

Job Openings - NY
Job Openings - NJ
I agree this is one of the hottest ideas for FW Finance ever!!!

Maybe we could also cross reference the postings under category:

Job Openings - HR
Job Openings - IT

It's really great to see all the fresh ideas that new participants bring to the forums. Hopefully Fatwallet.com will get some more mass media exposure that will bring even more new members to contribute brilliant ideas like the above to the forum.

I think this is a great idea. It could become chaotic if not organized, but it has great potential. I have a couple positions to post, even if these are not at my company, I came across them and hope they benefit someone.

For the college undergrads and recent alumni:

Computer & Information Science position

We are recruiting college graduates with degrees in Computer
Science or related fields. We work with open source technologies
such as Linux, Perl and PHP. If you have worked with these, great!
If not, then we will help you master them.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

* Set up and manage email campaigns
* Develop software and services
* Process client files and amaze customers with quick turnaround,
attention to detail, and focus on quality/service

REQUIREMENTS:

* Experience with SQL and HTML
* Fluency in one of: C/C++, Java/C#, PHP and/or Perl
* College major or minor in Computer Science or a related
technical field
* Preference will be given to candidates with Linux, PHP and
Perl experience

OPPORTUNITY:

You will learn
* Email and networking technologies
* Large scale data processing and optimization
* Advanced relational database design and development
* Latest web technologies

You will be part of a fun team and you will be given tons of
responsibility and opportunities to develop your potential.

Please send your cover letter and resume with salary requirements
via email to jobs@towerdata.com.

Access Programmer Internship

In partnership with the Department of Information Technology and
Telecommunications (DoITT), the CUNY Institute for Software Design and
Development (CISDD) has an exciting internship position available for
CUNY students. The program allows students to receive practical
hands-on training and experience while assisting DoITT in achieving
their long-term technical objectives. The internship will be at DoITT
offices in NYC and the position is categorized as a Access Programmer
intern. Although the location is at DoITT, this is considered an
on-campus position.

Qualifications for DoITT interns:

Current CUNY registered student
Available to work 19 hrs/week or 28 hrs/week
Authorized to work under INS laws for on-campus jobs

Special requirements / Work responsibilities

Skills needed:

Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
Relation database experience with Microsoft SQL Sever 7 or 2000 required.
Candidate must possess ability to design and implement Sql Server
databases including creating stored procedures, views, and user
defined functions.
Experience designing and building solutions with Access 97or XP or
2003 required.
Experience with a fourth generation programming language (visual basic
preferred, experience with Visual Basic for Applications 'VBA' a plus)
required.
Understanding of how NTFS directory and file system permissions and
user security group membership influence applications in a Microsoft
Windows 2003 domain environment.

Job description:

Position responsibilities include: Interviewing 311 call center staff
and management to gather business requirements for needed applications
and existing application enhancements. Creation of new applications,
Microsoft access based and potentially ASP.NET based. Manage
application development lifecycle including requirements gathering,
application building, testing, staging and deployment. Work closely
with infrastructure group to obtain resources necessary for developed
applications.

Pay Rate:

$12 per hour

To apply:

Applicants should send resumes to Mr. Brian Pelowski at
bpelowski@gc.cuny.edu before Wednesday, May 4th. Please note "Access
Programmer-DoITT" in the subject line. No phone calls please.

Askani said: I think this is a great idea. It could become chaotic if not organized, but it has great potential. I have a couple positions to post, even if these are not at my company, I came across them and hope they benefit someone.Thanks very much. Even better idea would be that we all copy positions from our local newspapers and paste them as new threads in Finance.

This should be easy to do if your newspaper has an online edition. Be sure to include the location if we don't know where you live.

Considering...

Forwarded idea to the chief!

There is already a site for networking for jobs. It is called Jobster.com

The idea is to post something that is not posted publiclly, say you know your group are recruiting....

133tp3t3 said: Askani said: I think this is a great idea. It could become chaotic if not organized, but it has great potential. I have a couple positions to post, even if these are not at my company, I came across them and hope they benefit someone.Thanks very much. Even better idea would be that we all copy positions from our local newspapers and paste them as new threads in Finance.

This should be easy to do if your newspaper has an online edition. Be sure to include the location if we don't know where you live.

qwe123 said: The idea is to post something that is not posted publiclly, say you know your group are recruiting....So posting something on FW is not considered posting publicly?

This thread speaks volumes as to how far FW Finance has fallen.

pinchedloaf said: This thread speaks volumes as to how far FW Finance has fallen.Take your eletist, old guard attitude back to that "other" deals forum. This is the New FW Finance. We're all about inclusivity and helping each other. We're happy to take anyone's contribution to the forum, be it a finance deal or otherwise.

Let go of the old FW Finance and embrace the positivity of the New FW Finance.

pinchedloaf said: This thread speaks volumes as to how far FW Finance has fallen.

LOL. You act as if you've been around the forum for quite some time yet your nick has been registered for only 2 months.

kharvel said: There is already a site for networking for jobs. It is called Jobster.com

I know there are lot of sites for these things.
But there is no harm forming a network of our own. I am sure it will help people.

Great going OP.

Great thread ! Thanks OP.

In my case my wife is looking for a job. She used to be a web designer but hasnt worked since past 3 yrs. Now she is ready to take up any job. We are in the LA region ( live in Burbank CA). Thanks. PM me if she can fit anywhere. We have a 11 month old so a workplace close by would be fine. She is also ready to work in departmental stores and places like that not necessarily in her field (web design).

Thx

i think its a great idea. just be sure to put location at the very beginning of your posts

I think it would be great if the powers that be at Fatwallet decided to do something like this. They have already shown that they can design a useful website that helps to organize information that is provided by their members. Until they do I would recommend that Fatwallet members use one of the existing sites (linkedin, jobster) to setup a Fatwallet network that could be migrated back to the Fatwallet site if/when they include one of theirown.

Rob

What is the big deal Guys. This is just one thread among many crappy threads.

Isn't it just easy to ignore this thread than trying to baptise Finance Forum.

I am typing these in between my coding...So ignore my crappy spelling and grammer.

Job Opening: Pittsburgh, PA
Position: Sales Engineering
Salary: Mid 40s
Perks: After year 1, substantial profit sharing kicks in that has averaged 25% of your salary for the last 5 years

Requirements: 4 year degree in physics or optics with interest in the "business" side of things.

Description: Selling, Marketing, and Bidding high power optical components to major vendors and after markets. Work can be very exciting when negotiating contracts or getting $100k+ orders. Work is challenging and interesting. Company has a very strong work ethic and experienced people (the CEO is sitting about 30 feet from me as I write this)

Company is public, and highly profitable.

PM me if you are qualified and interested in this position or have any questions.

-Anx

Any body want to open a dunkin donuts with me? We can own it under an LLC and pull the $1 salary.

This probably has to do with financing anyways, but lot of companies offer an referrel bonus. 1500 to 2500 is hard to turn down.

adaniel007 said: Any body want to open a dunkin donuts with me? We can own it under an LLC and pull the $1 salary.

any opening in So Cal?

133tp3t3 said: We're happy to take anyone's contribution to the forum, be it a finance deal or otherwise.

My point exactly. FW Finance has become FW Everything But The Kitchen Sink.

only two people in the old finance forum were of any use and knowledgeable of topic...
They have not posted for a long time...
maybe it is time that finance be turned into job netowrking

I'm not sure how publicly these positions have been posted, but my wife and I both work for Big 4 public accounting firms and both are looking for people with Internal Audit and/or IT audit backgrounds. Most work these days is related to SOX 404, so any candidate should have a firm understanding of SOX to be successful. Both firms have positions pretty much all over the country (firm offices are in large cities).

The job itself isn't bad, although you could have some long hours. There is usually also about 35% travel involved which can vary widely. Still a lot better than my old job (financial reporting for a large multinational oil company).

If you are interested send me a PM and we can discuss offline.

This thread is a pathetically dumb idea.

You'd have better luck seeking openings in the men's room of a bus depot. Certainly better candidates.

Job networking amongst Fat Wallet financiers? What a total non sequitur. I've got another brilliant idea... let's also start a thread on Breastfeeding in Hot Deals. Or maybe one on Existentialism in Free Stuff.

Hello-

If you are interested in Software testing / Quality Assurance for software, and willing to relocate to Louisville, KY; please PM me.

The position requires strong communication with client and team members, knowledge of testing principles like regression testing, blackbox testing, etc; basic database (SQL, Oracle) knowlesge, positive attitude and meeting deadlines. Knowledge in C++ and .net coding is a plus, but not required. Warehouse Management Systems and Supply chain industry knowledge also is desirable, but not required.

PM me for more details.

Any fellow software engineers on FW? Interested in networking? PM me.

Skipping 814 Messages...
I'm hiring a Senior Accountant at a tech co in Los Angeles. 2 year Big 4 and/or strong GL accounting preferred. PM me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014