• 117 18 19202126
  • Page
  • Text Only
burningrave101 said: jackcrawfish said: burningrave101 said: Where exactly is the option to request a credit line increase for Bank of America on a personal card?? I can't find it anywhere! When I click on request a credit line increase on the customer service page it only lets me select my BoA business card and nothing else. I have three personal BoA cards and I want to apply for a credit line increase online so there's no hard pull.upon login, look to the left in the gray area labeled "I want to..."

click "Service My Card"

again on the left gray area labeled "Balance Summary"
under your Available credit and Temporary Authorization(rounded)

click "Request a credit line increase"

fill out income form and submit.

Yeah, for some reason that's not showing up for me. I called BoA online banking and the lady told me where it should be but it's not showing up and she didn't know why. I have a BoA NEA, BoA AMEX Rewards, and BoA Platinum WorldPoints.

Yeah, its showing for my cards, but not for any under my wife's account. Mileage definitely varies

burningrave101 said: jackcrawfish said: burningrave101 said: Where exactly is the option to request a credit line increase for Bank of America on a personal card?? I can't find it anywhere! When I click on request a credit line increase on the customer service page it only lets me select my BoA business card and nothing else. I have three personal BoA cards and I want to apply for a credit line increase online so there's no hard pull.upon login, look to the left in the gray area labeled "I want to..."

click "Service My Card"

Yeah, for some reason that's not showing up for me. I called BoA online banking and the lady told me where it should be but it's not showing up and she didn't know why. I have a BoA NEA, BoA AMEX Rewards, and BoA Platinum WorldPoints. Is there anything you have to do in order for those links to show up? I haven't even used my BoA personal cards in about a year. Maybe the links went away because I haven't used them recently??
rut-ro-raggy ...

jackcrawfish said: burningrave101 said: jackcrawfish said: burningrave101 said: Where exactly is the option to request a credit line increase for Bank of America on a personal card?? I can't find it anywhere! When I click on request a credit line increase on the customer service page it only lets me select my BoA business card and nothing else. I have three personal BoA cards and I want to apply for a credit line increase online so there's no hard pull.upon login, look to the left in the gray area labeled "I want to..."

click "Service My Card"

Yeah, for some reason that's not showing up for me. I called BoA online banking and the lady told me where it should be but it's not showing up and she didn't know why. I have a BoA NEA, BoA AMEX Rewards, and BoA Platinum WorldPoints. Is there anything you have to do in order for those links to show up? I haven't even used my BoA personal cards in about a year. Maybe the links went away because I haven't used them recently??
rut-ro-raggy ...

I talked to a higher-up guy in management services for BoA online banking and he was walking through it with me and wasn't sure why it wasn't showing up for me either. After we talked a while we came to the conclusion that it may either have something to do with the fact my account profile has a Corp business account tied to it because of my BoA Power Rewards Visa or it may have something to do with the fact I used to have a personal and business BoA checking account under that login profile to start with but I closed both of them out. He's suppose to research it and call me back later today or tomorrow. I hope I can get it fixed because you get a hard pull doing a CLI over the phone don't you?

bakalao2k said: solarUS said: their new policy is 6mo minimum, but the CSRs will still try before that.

Hard pull after $15K

FYI, just did the [Discover] automated phone CLI and was already above $15k. I was granted another bump without a hard pull. A whopping $500 bump

Anyone know about the National City online CLI form? Is it a hard pull?

burningrave101 said: Anyone know about the National City online CLI form? Is it a hard pull?National city has been a hard TU pull for me - I've tried 4 times since 2007 for CLI's - every time I have not been granted a CLI.

NOTE: They also posted an application for credit inquiry with ICS (my report from 2008)

Just upped my Citi Dividend from $4,000 to $5,500, us the CLI button. Pretty nice considering I just opened a MTV U Card with a $2,000 limit last week. 19, college student, pay in full every month.

dl73 said: bakalao2k said: solarUS said: their new policy is 6mo minimum, but the CSRs will still try before that.

Hard pull after $15K

FYI, just did the [Discover] automated phone CLI and was already above $15k. I was granted another bump without a hard pull. A whopping $500 bump

I don't know whether it's official but Discover is not going over $16k on any cards.
I tried pretty hard last month to take the advantage of 0% BT offer for life on my card, even want to send the proof of income and bank statements but no go. HHI $145K
The CSR (more than one) told me that it's their policy now, to not go over $16k on any card.
Can anyone confirm this?

Does chase periodically review your credit card and increase your credit line if you qualify? I have a Chase Freedom for 9 months, never had a automatic credit line increase

viptext said: Does chase periodically review your credit card and increase your credit line if you qualify? I have a Chase Freedom for 9 months, never had a automatic credit line increase

I hadn't gotten one 8 months after opening, so I asked for one through their online messaging. They asked for HHI and amount requested. Was 7k, asked for 20k, granted 14k. It was a hard pull on Experian

wadeshaqwalker said: I've noticed with Citi (after pulling my credit report) that they've limited my CLI's to 1x/year. I'm already around $14k.

Is this the case for anyone else?
Anyone know Citi's max CLI without docs?

recent CLI

BUMP!

I executed a mini CLI-o-rama today....

(I know... I am asking for adverse action)

Here are the results:

Discover:
Soft pull (internally known as the short form request). All I provided was my HHI and was immediately told the long/hard pull form is needed. Rep said the max limit allowed is $12,000 (without providing documentation I presumed).

National City:
Only hard pull option. I did not ask for an increase. Rep did offer an APR decrease from 9.99 to 8.99. I also obtained the direct line to the retention department (866-856-4091).

HSBC:
Soft pull. CLI granted. I went from $600 to $1,100. wooo-hoooooo!

AMEX:
Since I just passed a financial review, I did not request a CLI for my $68k credit line.

Sept 2008 markkundinger said: With both US Bank and Discover, it's possible to call the number on the back of the card and use their automatic voice response system to request a CLI. No hard inquiry. Generally have to have the card for a while and wait between requests. Discover might route you to a live operator once in a while (like when I requested on a dormant card)Called US Bank and received automated increase from $8000 to $9500 on a card opened August 2008.

There was an option to request a larger increase but I suspect a hard request would have been necessary.

word to the wise regarding BoA's online CLI. I had used it several times before (but not in the last year or two). I recently used it again to see if things would get better due to a jump in HHI. I had two cards with them, one with a small line, another with a large line. I received a call and the analyst increased the smaller line as requested, but without telling me, closed the large line. After some complaining a couple of days later, they reopened the large line, but with a smaller limit.
Now the sum of both lines is equal to what used to be the larger limit (i.e., I net lost an amount equal to the smaller limit).

CapEx said: Alright guys. Capital One is increasing limits now without a hard pull. 1-800-889-9939. It's a person not a computer, but it's very easy to get credit increases; however most are small (ie. $500-$1000 increase).

Do they still allow CLI's without hard pull using 1-800-889-9939?

Does anyone know if AMEX is still pretty loose about hard pulls? I've been contemplating bumping up my $13k and $10k cards to $24k, but if there's a hard pull I won't do it. I know they didn't used to but since they've hit a few rough patches lately, dunno, if their outlook on things have changed.

user012345 said: Does anyone know if AMEX is still pretty loose about hard pulls? I've been contemplating bumping up my $13k and $10k cards to $24k, but if there's a hard pull I won't do it. I know they didn't used to but since they've hit a few rough patches lately, dunno, if their outlook on things have changed.

The web CLI form has always been a soft pull for me. I think after $24999 they do a manual F/R. Not sure if that would mean a hard pull.

This Magic # 1-800-889-9939 everyone is talking about, for a Capital One CLI....

its a soft pull right?

I just called Discover, talked to an agent, requested for my credit limit increase to the maximum without any hard pulls. She said maximum w/o hard pull was $15,000, and I only got $2,000 more

Previous Limit: $8,800
Current Limit: $10,800

took a total of 2 minutes phone call!

edit: deleted duplicate

AMEX ok'd 27 --> 50 via a FR, took 1 month (stated HHI mid-100's). Not sure whether they hard-pulled though. Opened another AMEX with a so-so CL in the middle of the process.

I did a CLI for my BoA card from 12K to 24K. I was denied at first thro' their website. It gave me a number to call. I called BoA CSR who told himself a credit analyst. He asked for me the details and I gave them (The details of HHI,etc). He told he will do only soft enquiry (soft pull). He approved it for 19K. Though he told it's gonna be only soft pull, I'm scared of having pulled my credit report. Is it okay to have a soft pull for a CLI?

FYI, decided to get my discover card limit up (not that I use it for anything but gas). CSR didn't do a hard pull, but only bumped me from 3k to 5k. Said the max he could do is $2k increments.

pretty much same experience as hc000

Just got a massive CLD when requesting an on-line CLI at BofA. Analyst chatted with me for a while, said she could do the CLI, then called back 5 minutes later saying CLI was not approved. Later I noticed CLD. To add insult to injury, CLD was immediately reflected on credit report.

Conclusion: Credit Crunch is still very much in season - particularly with TARP banks. Will try to focus on non-TARP banks in future.

I used Discover's automated phone system to request a CLI. It asked me the increase amount I wanted and my HHI. And it also asked the reason I wanted an increase; I think the choices were: cash advance, home improvement, travel/vacation, other. Does this make a difference, and which choice have people been using? (I chose "other" and requested an increase of ~$5000; they gave me a $2000 increase.)

Today I did an CLI increase request on AMEX website from 20K to 35K. After reading this thread, looks like they might come back to me for Financial Review.

I will be extremely busy & traveling for the next month work related. Never knew that I had be available to send them the required documents and other paper work. What if I don't want to reply to their Financial Review? Will they decrease my 20K limit as well or just reject my CLI increase and leave the 20K untouched?

Any help is appreciated.

BTW, how long does it usually take to reflect in my account if it does not FR?

All my US bank cards get a $1500.00 CLI every 6 months using the automated phone request.

I have a PRINCIPAL Visa from a 2007 AOR.

2007 Original line = 16000
2009 January CLI to = 18000
2009 October CLI to = 20000

The rep on the phone said there is no specific set timeframe interval for qualifying for CLI's...

Just got a $750 CLI from Citi $2800--->$3550 via CLI button

Just got a $1600 CLI from $4500 ---> $6100 via CLI button. There was a special button where special offers usually appear.

Horray for the special button!

Got a bump in limit from Chase on my Marriott card, went from 6k to 10k without even asking for it.

bozo007 said: Got a bump in limit from Chase on my Marriott card, went from 6k to 10k without even asking for it.This thread is for those who request CLIs not for clowns like you (nothing personal).

where are you seeing the "special button" for citi? only option i have is through the "tools and services" menu.

Does the Discover automated system work with multiple cards on the same day? Can I request both on the same day, or if I do one and get approved would I need to wait the 6 months to do the other card?

mrredskin said: where are you seeing the "special button" for citi? only option i have is through the "tools and services" menu.

It's not there anymore. But it was there in my account. Now it's just different offers there.

I thought it was kind of neat that CITI put a special button in my account just for CLI. It was like they were asking for it. I'm wondering if they are in the business of giving more credit?

pisistratus said: mrredskin said: where are you seeing the "special button" for citi? only option i have is through the "tools and services" menu.

It's not there anymore. But it was there in my account. Now it's just different offers there.

I thought it was kind of neat that CITI put a special button in my account just for CLI. It was like they were asking for it. I'm wondering if they are in the business of giving more credit?

would be nice since i just closed my other citi account and lost over $5k in credit!

pisistratus said: mrredskin said: where are you seeing the "special button" for citi? only option i have is through the "tools and services" menu.

IIRC, the CLI option appears occasionally when your account qualifies for a CLI review.

reference: Citi Crack CLI thread

with my account I always see CLI option, everytime it asks for income etc. details to for CLI. Today I logged in clicked CLI option under Tools & Services got $2000 increase without pulling the CR (Diamond Preferred, which is recently converted from Citi AMEX 3% card.)

Don't touch the credit line increase button on BoA. I tried to up my wife's card (I am AU on it) and they did look at all 3 cards (2 of mine and the 1 of hers) and just did a CD on all 3. I talked to the credit analyst and he reinstated the old credit on my wife's card but didn't increase mine (I don't care about those 2 much since they are only in the drawer).
BoA for sure will hit you with a review and it seems like they look at AU's as well and just hit the whole household.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014