Q&A on Yodlee

Archived From: Finance
  • 1 234539
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi,

I'm starting this thread for anyone that wants to ask questions about the Yodlee service either on Yodlee.com, or at one of our clients. Hopefully this will give everyone a chance to hear some communication directly from us here, as it seems the almost universal #1 piece of feedback is - we don't do enough.

Please feel free to post a question and I'll respond, typically once a week, and going forward, please put Yodlee: in the Message Title, and it will filter well, and I'll get alerted automagically.

Looking forward to some good dialog.

UPDATE: Yodlee has launched a consumer forum for Q&A and discussions. Please send your Q&A there, as it is much easier for us to manage and interact with you in a structured way. Also, we can have more staff from Yodlee assisting and helping to resolve issues and answer questions: Yodlee's Forums

Regards

Peter Hazlehurst
SVP - Product Development
Yodlee, Inc.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I'm still able to use Yodlee directpay through Bank of America, hopefully they don't do away with this, no message yet, ... (more)

TonySpero (Mar. 21, 2013 @ 11:14a) |

Same problem. I can't log in via Chrome. I'm redirected to the login page. Frustrating. I refuse to go back to Firefox o... (more)

fatwallet8945 (Mar. 22, 2013 @ 8:54p) |

Just fixed the issue myself by reading BayAreaGuy's suggestion above to clear Cache.

If you can no longer log in to Yodle... (more)

fatwallet8945 (Mar. 22, 2013 @ 9:00p) |

All, Peter has started a forum just for Yodlee on their site, please go there with further request/questions/issues:
Yodlee Forums

Which Account Aggregation Service Do You Use?

Be careful about giving out your login info to anyone. What you get in convenience, you lose in potential fraud.

My first general question:

Why does it take as long as it does to incorporate a new bank like Emigrant Direct into Yodlee, and can that be sped up?

Edit: Or, for that matter, for Yodlee to adapt to a new website architecture, like the new Chase online CC interface?

How come the charting doesn't work?? I swear it thinks my net worth at the end of each month is like literally 10x how much it is?? I liked the older chart where it used to give you about a 3 month graph, with each data point being daily (or when you last refreshed). Can you go back to that one???

I always have some accounts that refuse to update even though all the password info is correct. I basically stopped using yodlee because of this, I could never rely on the accounts to be properly updated.

My biggest gripe is the spotty customer service. I reported a bug, got one response (to which I responded) and never heard back again. This has happened several times to me. Example, CASE-0000234466

I agree with rjax, adding a popular bank like Emigrant Direct takes way too long.

Also I experienced this when I tried to submit a request to support a new financial institution:

-----Original Message-----
From: System Administrator [mailto: Postmaster@Yodlee.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 7:49 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Undeliverable: Product Suggestion

Your message

To: suggestions@yodlee.com
Subject: Product Suggestion
Sent: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 04:47:08 -0700

did not reach the following recipient(s):

SUGGESTIONS@YODLEE.COM on Thu, 21 Jul 2005 04:49:14 -0700
The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=us;a= ;p=yodlee.com,inc.;l=PANDORA0507211149NSQ4C8X1
MSEXCH:IMS:Yodlee.com, Inc.:YODLEE: PANDORA 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

rjax said: My first general question:

Why does it take as long as it does to incorporate a new bank like Emigrant Direct into Yodlee, and can that be sped up?

Basically, we have a finite amount of resources/people that we can apply to adding new sites, and recently we have been putting a lot of emphasis on sites that have use in our new products like FT and BillDirect.

Despite this, the single hardest part about adding a site is getting a "test user" that we can use to navigate and understand the site internally. So when we do "embark" on a site, we do a bunch of "hey, anyone have this type of account" communication internally... which often takes forever to solve for.

One of the things we will be launching very shortly is a "friends of Yodlee" program where we will provide an easy and secure way to have consumers work with us to give us their user creds safe and secure for a "test site" on Yodlee.com, and then notifying you the moment it is done. We had this in 4.x - "suggest a site", but dropped it for reasons I don't quite know. Needless to say, we're bringing it back.

Or, for that matter, for Yodlee to adapt to a new website architecture, like the new Chase online CC interface?
We have been working actively and really hard with Chase on their new site. This was one of the situations, where I'm sure many of you got a message saying the cards site was going to be down for a few days as they revamped things. We were asked to hold off on aggregation for some time after that in order to give it time to stablize.

Thx

Peter Hazlehurst
SVP - Engineering
Yodlee, Inc.

boden11 said: How come the charting doesn't work?? I swear it thinks my net worth at the end of each month is like literally 10x how much it is?? I liked the older chart where it used to give you about a 3 month graph, with each data point being daily (or when you last refreshed). Can you go back to that one???

Hi, Charting does look at your end-of-month balance to calculate stuff, but it sounds like we have problem with your data. Please psst me private mail and we will see if we can fix your data for you, and then the charting will be ok.

In 70, we will have lots of cool new charting.

Tx

Peter Hazlehurst
SVP - Engineering
Yodlee, Inc.

winter said: My biggest gripe is the spotty customer service. I reported a bug, got one response (to which I responded) and never heard back again. This has happened several times to me. Example, CASE-0000234466

We have done a bunch of work on customer service lately, but clearly need to do a bunch more. Let me get an answer on your case and report back to you.

Also I experienced this when I tried to submit a request to support a new financial institution:

-----Original Message-----
From: System Administrator [mailto: Postmaster@Yodlee.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 7:49 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Undeliverable: Product Suggestion

Your message

To: suggestions@yodlee.com
Subject: Product Suggestion
Sent: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 04:47:08 -0700

did not reach the following recipient(s):

SUGGESTIONS@YODLEE.COM on Thu, 21 Jul 2005 04:49:14 -0700
The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=us;a= ;p=yodlee.com,inc.;l=PANDORA0507211149NSQ4C8X1
MSEXCH:IMS:Yodlee.com, Inc.:YODLEE: PANDORA 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

Ouch, sorry. Pretty bad. We'll fix in realtime.

Tx

P

Peter Hazlehurst
SVP - Engineering
Yodlee, Inc.

Cool! Sign me up for friends of yodlee, early if you want. I trust y'alls.

Things like emigrant (I would think) would be easy because they share architecture with other sites that are supported (albeit spotty, like Capital One bank).

- there used to be a (100k??) insurance policy provided by yodlee. is that still around? references to it seem to have dissapeared
- my alerts never work (net worth chart either as in above post). not worried about it, just an fyi.

I noticed you guys posted some jobs recently! Maybe my dropout-working for 4 years buASStt should apply for that internship. Looks like interesting stuff!

I have the same problems with charting, for what it's worth (as does johto above me). (I'm trying to limit myself to one question per day... We'll see if that works.)

phazlehurst said: boden11 said: How come the charting doesn't work?? I swear it thinks my net worth at the end of each month is like literally 10x how much it is?? I liked the older chart where it used to give you about a 3 month graph, with each data point being daily (or when you last refreshed). Can you go back to that one???

Hi, Charting does look at your end-of-month balance to calculate stuff, but it sounds like we have problem with your data. Please psst me private mail and we will see if we can fix your data for you, and then the charting will be ok.

In 70, we will have lots of cool new charting.

Tx

Peter Hazlehurst
SVP - Engineering
Yodlee, Inc.

One of my big gripes right now is that at the Yodlee site a ton of my accounts stopped updating and say "Login information incorrect", however if I click on auto-login link from Yodlee it will work fine so obviously the login information is correct (also some of them who don't have auto-login I can just use the usernames/passwords for). Examples of previously working accounts that just randomly stopped working:

Auto-Login:
- Direct Loans Servicing Online (Last updated 6 months ago)
- Scottrade (Last updated 1 month ago)

Goto:
- Marriott Rewards (Last updated 6 months ago)
- Ameritrade (Last updated 1 month ago)
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards (Last updated 3 months ago)

I am in love with Yodlee. I check it every morning. I know there are various issues with it but it works 90+% of the time and I appreciate that.

Thanks for appearing and answering the various questions posed.

Great service, and the price is right.

durin said: One of my big gripes right now is that at the Yodlee site a ton of my accounts stopped updating and say "Login information incorrect", however if I click on auto-login link from Yodlee it will work fine so obviously the login information is correct (also some of them who don't have auto-login I can just use the usernames/passwords for). Examples of previously working accounts that just randomly stopped working:

Auto-Login:
- Direct Loans Servicing Online (Last updated 6 months ago)
- Scottrade (Last updated 1 month ago)

Goto:
- Marriott Rewards (Last updated 6 months ago)
- Ameritrade (Last updated 1 month ago)
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards (Last updated 3 months ago)

Click on the "Login Information Incorrect" Link, then just hit "update" without changing anything in the username/password fields. That fixes the problem 90% of the time.

rjax said:
Click on the "Login Information Incorrect" Link, then just hit "update" without changing anything in the username/password fields. That fixes the problem 90% of the time.

Well, apparently I just suck - that did fix 90% of them. Thanks Rjax.

I have a problem to report too. I opened an Amazon/Chase Credit Card account recently. I can view my bills, etc online from chase.com/Amazon site (not chase.com) - how do I add this account? Neither "Chase Credit Card" nor "Amazon Credit" work on Yodlee.. any inputs?

The other problem ofcourse, my networth is shown at 10% of the real worth... thanks to EmigrantDirect not being integrated yet.

Thanks !

phazlehurst said: Despite this, the single hardest part about adding a site is getting a "test user" that we can use to navigate and understand the site internally. So when we do "embark" on a site, we do a bunch of "hey, anyone have this type of account" communication internally... which often takes forever to solve for.

Yodlee customers have an option to provide username and password to Yodlee when they request a new account to be added. Isn't this sufficient to activate Yodlee service for a particular bank?

First, I wanted to THANK YOU for this FREE service!. Ever since the tech bubble burst - many websites that offer premium services have been forced to charge a premium fee - from online auctions houses to personal websitese. Yodlee, however is a WONDERFUL service at the PERFECT price!

EDIT

Hi, First I would like to thank you for coming on and answering questions. Second, it appears Citibank has several different websites for various cards. For example I have a total of 5 citibank cards. 4 of them have no issues with the yodlee aggregation and site. However, my Citibank Hhonors visa will not aggregate because it uses the website https://www.accountonline.com instead of the regular citicard site. From what I have read there a re a few other citi cards that have the same issue. can this be corrected.

I have a few requests for sites that are not listed:

1) Emigrant Direct
2) EX24.com
3) Washington Mutual HELOC (inaccesible through yodlee)

thanks again!

I think it's time Tim sets up a way for FW to vouch for someone at a company that will be responding through FW. This will come in handy for this thread and the previous Citibank CC thread. There is no way for us to verify that this person is real. I mean, there are cases where the person may just be an employee and doesn't want to be revealed. But there must be a mechanism to verify that they are who they say they are.

I mean, the thing is without such a mechanism/verification, I see a huge potential for FWF to turn into a site that people can use to phish/scam people.

I'm not saying that, you, Peter have any intention on scamming anyone. But it is kind of dangerous for people to fall into the trap thinking that you are who you say you are.

When people make statements like this, the potential is there for people to take advantage of other people.
Please psst me private mail and we will see if we can fix your data for you, and then the charting will be ok.

Say for example, if people start private messaging him logins/passwords or other privileged information. Or if people PM'd citicardman their account numbers.

Again, I am not saying you are not who you say you are, but then again, there is nothing to prove that you are who you say you are. But Peter, you must understand that this protects Yodlee's customer and reputation.

Please feel free to post a question and I'll respond, typically a couple of times a day, and going forward, please put Yodlee: in the Message Title, and it will filter well, and I'll get alerted automagically.

Please do not ask people to create new threads to ask Yodlee-related questions. It is best to keep all questions in this thread so that we don't flood the forum. Peter, you can just subscribe to this thread so that you get an email notifying when people have posted to this thread. This will keep the forum cleaner.

Anyways, my question is, why did Citibank stop providing the Yodlee service?

yodlee is pretty screwed up after charter one bank and citizen bank merged.

tazzy531 said: I think it's time Tim sets up a way for FW to vouch for someone at a company that will be responding through FW. This will come in handy for this thread and the previous Citibank CC thread. There is no way for us to verify that this person is real. I mean, there are cases where the person may just be an employee and doesn't want to be revealed. But there must be a mechanism to verify that they are who they say they are.

Done. There are various people with the title of "Merchant Representative" hanging out here.

phazlehurst said:
Ouch, sorry. Pretty bad. We'll fix in realtime.

Fixed. Send in your suggestions

Tx

P

walletLess said: I have a problem to report too. I opened an Amazon/Chase Credit Card account recently. I can view my bills, etc online from chase.com/Amazon site (not chase.com) - how do I add this account? Neither "Chase Credit Card" nor "Amazon Credit" work on Yodlee.. any inputs?

Could you try adding it as "FirstUSA", and see if that works. If so, we will add it for you in a few days as Amazon/FirstUSA.

The other problem ofcourse, my networth is shown at 10% of the real worth... thanks to EmigrantDirect not being integrated yet.

Thanks !

ok, got the message loud and clear on Emigrant. We will kick off a project to add it immediately. Hopefully done by early next week. Watch this space.

Tx

P

JF7FSU said: Hi, First I would like to thank you for coming on and answering questions.
Your welcome. It seems that this thread is going to get lots of comms.
Second, it appears Citibank has several different websites for various cards. For example I have a total of 5 citibank cards. 4 of them have no issues with the yodlee aggregation and site. However, my Citibank Hhonors visa will not aggregate because it uses the website https://www.accountonline.com instead of the regular citicard site. From what I have read there a re a few other citi cards that have the same issue. can this be corrected.
Yes, this is actually pretty straightforward for us to correct. We can add lots of "affiliate" sites, pretty easily. Please let me know what other sites that are CitiCards properties that we should be adding. We do seem to have "Hilton HHonors Citi Card" as a site, did you try that?

I have a few requests for sites that are not listed:

1) Emigrant Direct
2) EX24.com
3) Washington Mutual HELOC (inaccesible through yodlee)

Added to our list.

Tx

P

thanks again!

I have a bank account that is used as a " core " account for investments only.
It would be great to have the option of using bank accounts in the " investments " section.

Can you please add Interactive Brokers to the list of supported brokerages?

Thank you.

phazlehurst said: walletLess said: I have a problem to report too. I opened an Amazon/Chase Credit Card account recently. I can view my bills, etc online from chase.com/Amazon site (not chase.com) - how do I add this account? Neither "Chase Credit Card" nor "Amazon Credit" work on Yodlee.. any inputs?

Could you try adding it as "FirstUSA", and see if that works. If so, we will add it for you in a few days as Amazon/FirstUSA.

Thanks, that worked ! Appreciate the feedback

ok, got the message loud and clear on Emigrant. We will kick off a project to add it immediately. Hopefully done by early next week. Watch this space.

Thanks again. I really appreciate this! And also appreciate the help coming from Yodlee in a public forum.. You guys are doing a great job

First of all I think Yodlee is a great service and I love being able to see all my accounts in one place. I was wondering why Upromise is not listed there and also I did not see too many state college 529 funds listed. For example, NYSaves.org which is affiliated with upromise is not listed and it is the NY state college 529 fund. Thanks!

phazelhurst said:

"Basically, we have a finite amount of resources/people that we can apply to adding new sites, and recently we have been putting a lot of emphasis on sites that have use in our new products like FT and BillDirect."

I thought you had or we're going to have a way to pay some banks etc. directly online--same day payment. Is that what BillDirect is all about? My challenge with you is that I use BkoA checking and if I want to pay a bill through you instead of them I cannot do it without opening another checking account from those you have listed. If one is in most states--BoA is not available. I do not like paying everything thru them because I feel they have too much info about me(not that they can't get it anyway).
You also have AOL and they mention same day payment available, but it is not to my knowledge.
When will you have more flexibility about bill pay or are you more into just tracking accounts for us?

tazzy531 said: Say for example, if people start private messaging him logins/passwords or other privileged information. Or if people PM'd citicardman their account numbers.

Again, I am not saying you are not who you say you are, but then again, there is nothing to prove that you are who you say you are. But Peter, you must understand that this protects Yodlee's customer and reputation.
I agree, even if he is who he says he is there is no reason to ever send either your Yodlee or individual account passwords. If he works for Yodlee (which I believe) then your username would be sufficient - they don't need your passwords as they already have them.

Another data point, the Yodlee problem case which I mentioned had not received a response since July earlier in this thread (CASE-0000234466) suddenly appears to have been revived as I received a new email regarding it overnight so either Peter is who he says he is or its a very big concidence. Thanks again Peter

It is good to see a SVP from a company @ FW trying to help out users. Hope this process can be more streamlined @ FW in the near future. Peter, thanks for starting this q & a thread. Been a longtime yodlee user and really appreciate the service you guys provide. Keep it up. KFU and to everyone @ yodlee.

This isn't really a Yodlee request per se, but since you guys are in many major banks and probably have good communications with them... is there any chance that banks can be convinced to offer 'read only' access? I love Yodlee but to be honest it scares the hell out of me to keep all my accounts and passwords on there, as secure as it might be. If there was a way to tell the bank that you want a login that can ONLY read information and not change anything, then use that ID for Yodlee and related services, it would probably make a lot more people more comfortable with the concept.

Please add a log of newly supported and no-longer-supported websites to Yodlee.com and/or a mailing list that would notify its subscribers.

If you want some serious reading, check out This Archived thread that critiques the yodlee interface changes that came with "newarch."

I have some issues with Citibank:

I have a credit card registered at the regular citi banking site (myciti.com), as well as their credit card site (citicards.com). Now my credit card shows twice, once as an asset (Banking), once as a liability. Besides the duplication problem, the balance in the Banking section gets added into my net worth whereas it should be subtracted.

Thanks for yodlee and your help.

I'd like to put my 2 cents

1. I think Yodlee will automatically update account info, but I am not sure when it will updated, and every morning when I logged-in, the information is still old, so I need click on update all. Can Yodlee make an option for user to schedule their update time? Like me, If I know I will check it every 8:00am, I'd like my schduled update occur at 7:30am every day, so I can get accurate info easilly

2. I have a Fidelity AdvisorXpress account, when it appears in Portfolio Manager, the Symbol info is always Account: , nothing else how can I know which fund it is?

pingflood said: This isn't really a Yodlee request per se, but since you guys are in many major banks and probably have good communications with them... is there any chance that banks can be convinced to offer 'read only' access? I love Yodlee but to be honest it scares the hell out of me to keep all my accounts and passwords on there, as secure as it might be. If there was a way to tell the bank that you want a login that can ONLY read information and not change anything, then use that ID for Yodlee and related services, it would probably make a lot more people more comfortable with the concept.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, we will always have to have a user/pwd in order to get information from a Bank/FSP on your behalf. "Read Only" view isn't supported by any of our clients.

tx

P

pingflood said: This isn't really a Yodlee request per se, but since you guys are in many major banks and probably have good communications with them... is there any chance that banks can be convinced to offer 'read only' access? I love Yodlee but to be honest it scares the hell out of me to keep all my accounts and passwords on there, as secure as it might be. If there was a way to tell the bank that you want a login that can ONLY read information and not change anything, then use that ID for Yodlee and related services, it would probably make a lot more people more comfortable with the concept.

This is my biggest concern with Yodlee. Despite the fact that it's promised to be secure, it contains all your login information to all your accounts IN ONE PLACE. That is scary. What with ID Theft etc being so prevalent, isn't it a matter of time before hackers et all target sites like Yodlee.

phazlehurst said: Unfortunately, we will always have to have a user/pwd in order to get information from a Bank/FSP on your behalf. "Read Only" view isn't supported by any of our clients.

However, many of them can be persuaded for the sake of security. Alaska Airlines, for example, has username and password for account management, as well as a randomly generated PIN for mile exchange through Points.com.

Skipping 1516 Messages...
Just fixed the issue myself by reading BayAreaGuy's suggestion above to clear Cache.

If you can no longer log in to Yodlee via Chrome, you should definitely clear your Cache.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 1 234539
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014