• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Any suggestions? Currently with Merrill Lynch (ML) and would prefer to be with another lower cost broker but the real low cost ones I have checked out seem to all have the investor track the unit cost for their investments. ML handles this calculation on a running basis so when tax time comes I can rely on their 1099 form to get my true cost basis. I do not have the time to update this data monthly like I would have to for some of the low cost brokers I have looked at due to the large amount of different mutual funds and other investments that are dividend reinvestment driven.

Thanks!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Gainskeeper Tax Tool at Sharebuilder

I just joined Sharebuilder because of the $50 bonus offer, and discovered this while looking around. The tool's included if you sign up for their Advantage plan, which is $20 a month for 20 "automatic" trades (you specifify how many dollars you want to invest) and a charge of $11.95 for real-time market orders (you specifiy number of shares to buy).

It doesn't look like your data gets entered in automatically--it says you have to import it. Still, the features look kind of interesting.

I don't know what kinds of investments you have, but Sharebuilder doesn't offer every single stock and ETF there is. And if you try to transfer an account to them where you own things they don't offer, I don't know what would happen. It makes me a little hesitant to move my Schwab account there, although their fees look better and I like the way their website looks and works. Just an FYI.

I know it's in another thread too, but for convenience sake, here's a link to the $50 offer again.

$50 IPLANGIFT offer

Gainskeeper Tax Tool at Sharebuilder

I just joined Sharebuilder because of the $50 bonus offer, and discovered this while looking around. The tool's included if you sign up for their Advantage plan, which is $20 a month for 20 "automatic" trades (you specifify how many dollars you want to invest) and a charge of $11.95 for real-time market orders (you specifiy number of shares to buy).

It doesn't look like your data gets entered in automatically--it says you have to import it. Still, the features look kind of interesting.

I don't know what kinds of investments you have, but Sharebuilder doesn't offer every single stock and ETF there is. And if you try to transfer an account to them where you own things they don't offer, I don't know what would happen. It makes me a little hesitant to move my Schwab account there, although their fees look better and I like the way their website looks and works. Just an FYI.

I know it's in another thread too, but for convenience sake, here's a link to the $50 offer again.

$50 IPLANGIFT offer

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014