• 1 234541
  • Page
  • Text Only
nope u can't convert and get bonus
can try to read the post about $50

gomakeitreal said: and is HGI the promotion code? thanks

HGI is the promotion code. I just applied and used that as the code to get the bonus $100 Cash Back.

30,000 pts max anually or only 300 bucks CashBack

I wish $100 would be cash instead of GC, to save my breath

nomansland said: Apply now for the Cash Plus Rewards Visa® Card.
• Bonus $100 Cash Back or gift certificate after first purchase.3
• Earn 5% Cash Back on qualified grocery store, gas station, and drug store purchases and 1% on all other qualified purchases.2
• Redeem your Cash Back points for gift certificates at your favorite merchants or a Cash Back check.
• No annual fee.
Call 1-888-787-0329 today!
HGl
Limited-time offer. Apply by October 31,2005.

10ffer subject to credit approval. Elite and Premium Pricing: An introductory APR of 0% fixed on purchases and balance transfers effective for the first f 2 billing cycles following the opening of your account; after that, an APR of 11.99% variable for Elite Pricing or 15.99% variable for Premium Pricing applies. The APR for casti advances is 21.99% variable. Standard Pricing: An introductory APR of 0% fixed on balance transfers effective for the first 3 billing cycles following the opening of your account; after that, an APR of 20.99% variable applies. The APR for purchases from account opening is 20.99% variable. The APR for cash advances is 25.99% variable. You agree that we will consider your application for an Elite Pricing account and that we reserve the right, based upon our evaluation of information furnished by you or others (including credit reporting agencies), to open a Premium Pricing account or a Standard Pricing account, or not to open any account. For all accounts: The defauft rate equals an APR up to 29.99% variable. The APR for Overdraft Advances, if applicable, is 13.99% fixed. Variable APRs are based on the 6.00% Prime Rate on 6/21/05. Annual fee: None. Minimum monthly Finance Charge: $1.00. Cash Advance Fee: 3% of the amount of the advance, but not less than (10.00. Balance Transfer Fee; 3% of the amount of each transaction, but not less than $5.00 nor more than $75.00. International Transactions: 3% of the U.S. dollar amount of tne transaction, whether originally made in U.S. dollars or converted from a foreign currency. The lender on your account will be Chase Bank USA, N.A. You should contact us to obtain information on any changes to these terms after the printing date by writing to Cardmember Service, P.O. Box 15043, Wilmington, DE19850-5043. This offer is available only to applicants who reside in the United States of America.
' Five points will be earned for each dollar of net purchases made at retail establishments that classify their merchant location for Visa/MasterCard as a gas station, grocery store or Drugstore, and one point for each dollar of net purchases everywhere else. Points are not earned on balance transfers, cash advances, overdraft protection advances, travelers checks, convenience checks, finance charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of the cardmember's account. Maximum point accumulation is 30,000 points annually on net purchases. Once enrolled, your rewards disclosure will be sent to you containing all program guidelines and benefits.
: After account opening and first purchase you will receive 10,000 bonus points, which can be redeemed for 1 % Cash Back or a $100 gift certificate. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after your first purchase for bonus points to post to your account.

Edit by Moderator: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here.

very good card. Thanks for the info, OP!

Great card, but HG1 (HG one) gets you only $50.
Z3R from the other thread gets you a bonus of $100.

kmith said: Great card, but HG1 (HG one) gets you only $50.
Z3R from the other thread gets you a bonus of $1000.

I'd like to believe it, but I think it's only $100.

Well, it's late and we can dream.

You can exchange 10000 bonus point either to cash or GC.

The promotion code is HQ1 (one).

hjdut said: I wish $100 would be cash instead of GC, to save my breath

nomansland said: You can exchange 10000 bonus point either to cash or GC.

Theoretically... except in my experience the checks are always "out of stock" and only the GCs are available for redemption. Good luck.

Citi Dividend is better - they have the same % back benefit plus they have a B&M pricematch policy.

guptnav said: Citi Dividend is better - they have the same % back benefit plus they have a B&M pricematch policy.

Though this card might be nice to keep as a backup, in case Citi Dividend ever goes away.

just hope you don't ever have any issues that you have to call customer service... saying its hard to understand them is almost an understatement... I have Chase cards but rather use my Citi cards because if I have a problem at least I can get someone in the states in the daytime that I can understand.

I called the number today, and with either HR1 or Z3R they can only offer me $50. Plus, they wouldn't waive my balance transfer fee. So I just asked them to hold the application and call them back 3-4 days to see what's going on.

asmileguo said: I called the number today, and with either HR1 or Z3R they can only offer me $50. Plus, they wouldn't waive my balance transfer fee. So I just asked them to hold the application and call them back 3-4 days to see what's going on.

same here, CSR said only $50 and I said "I pass", screw chase

yomuppet said: nomansland said: You can exchange 10000 bonus point either to cash or GC.

Theoretically... except in my experience the checks are always "out of stock" and only the GCs are available for redemption. Good luck.

is this for real? so you are basically stuck getting the GCs?

i3ighead said: 30,000 pts max anually or only 300 bucks CashBack

Per terms, 30,000 max points, although for 5% categories, 5 points per dollar equals 300 bucks max CashBack if all your purchases are in those categories.

z0mb13 said: yomuppet said: nomansland said: You can exchange 10000 bonus point either to cash or GC.

No, I was able to get a check last week (took 3 days to recieve check after I requested it) and the $50 checks are currently in stock right now.

Got a similar offer today in Chicago Tribune's Sunday coupon page:
code: HF9,
$100 after 1st purchase, same phone number: 1-988-787-0329, expire: Oct. 31, 2005

I called in and awaiting for my card (if they approved)

Z3R gets me $100.

Do i have to pay for the tranfer fee? I donot recall them saying anything about that (or it is just me)

NYR said: z0mb13 said: yomuppet said: nomansland said: You can exchange 10000 bonus point either to cash or GC.

No, I was able to get a check last week (took 3 days to recieve check after I requested it) and the $50 checks are currently in stock right now.

It's been out of stock all 3 times I've checked... YMMV.

I just called it again. HQ1 or Z3R is not valid and HF9 only offers $50. What's the matter??!! I asked about the Cash Back before the lady even got a chance to request my name.

It could very well depend on your zip code... Did you give any information upfront?

I got the HQ1 offer in my Sunday paper. Remember with the Z3R deal it took them about a week to recognize it, so I recommend holding off for a week or so. I'm just wondering how many of these $100 deals one person is allowed? I'm thinking of cancelling out my other Chase card and just keep applying for these until I get rejected. Ditto for my wife. Hope to get at least $400-$600 between the 2 of us.

I gave them the offer code Z3R, and the CSR read the T & C back to me w/10,000 points. That all happened before I gave her anything. But I applied in the beginning of Sep.

EugeneV said: It could very well depend on your zip code... Did you give any information upfront?

My contribution to this thread:

VW7 was dead (asked about the promo and they said the only one they were running was 5000 bonus points)
HQ1-fifty (asked about the hundred dollar promo and they said the only one they were running was 5000 bonus points)
Z3R-100 dollars.
HF9-Didn't try.

There is clearly some external factor which determines what codes work and which correspond to which offers, though none of the CSRs got any info from me before I asked about the promotion.

At any rate, try them all and if they say the only promo they have in existence at all is fifty 5000 bonus points (or fifty bucks), know them for the liars they are--LOL-- hang up, call back and try the next code.

Thanks Leggs!! Worked for me!

LeggsRobbins said: At any rate, try them all and if they say the only promo they have in existence at all is fifty 5000 bonus points (or fifty bucks), know them for the liars they are--LOL-- hang up, call back and try the next code.

Actually, you can call back and try the same code. Back when Z3R came out, I spoke to about 5 different CSR's, 2 of which confirmed $100, the other said $50.

I have been a customer less than a month with Chase, and i have the 0% card. Called to ask if I could convert it, CSR told me no. I called again, got another CSR, and she said they would mail me a decision

Thanks! that makes 1k in gc offers this year!

Am I hearing this correct?, 0% on all purchases for 1 year? I asked her to be sure, and she said that is what I qualify for....
(my God, I can't stand this ladies voice who is helping me, it is so grating
uggggg)how long is this thing!!!!

EugeneV said: It could very well depend on your zip code... Did you give any information upfront?

Nope, I didn't give them anything before asking about the Cash Back offer.

Got shot down for the first time with code "Z3R"
but went through for the second time with the same code

Green for OP.

asmileguo said: EugeneV said: It could very well depend on your zip code... Did you give any information upfront?

Nope, I didn't give them anything before asking about the Cash Back offer.

But they might see your phone area code...

gomakeitreal said: nope u can't convert and get bonus
can try to read the post about $50

Actually, they told me to fax them the ad and they would apply it to the account I converted from a Freedom card. As of last week it was still not applied. I guess I can always call and apply for a new one if necessary.

xwing249 said: i3ighead said: 30,000 pts max anually or only 300 bucks CashBack

Per terms, 30,000 max points, although for 5% categories, 5 points per dollar equals 300 bucks max CashBack if all your purchases are in those categories.

Well. It turns me off that it is such a low max. I charge about 150k a year so this card wont work.

Called Today....9/27/05

$50 on HG1
$100 on Z3R

1-888-787-0329

Bummer they don't take online applications like the SonyCard and Charles Schwab Visa.

will my credit score take a hit if I have too many credit cards open?

does it help if I close the ones I dont use anymore?

call the number just now (11:30am EST), an Indian wowan answered the phone, I gave her Z3R code and she didn't know anything about the $100 bonus.

i'm calling now. Z3R gives me $100. The CSR is reaing the terms and conditions now

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 1 234541
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014