• 134 35 36373841
  • Page
  • Text Only
craig10x said: you could give it a try...call a chase branch in the nearest place to where you are located and see if they could do it for you...if not, well, there is always the Chase Freedom Card.....

called the nearest branch and was told I could apply for the card, but not over the phone. I would need to visit the branch and apply online at the bank.

How can I get the Chase card I have no local branch? in florida.

see my post to you in your other thread, CashBack.....if no branches you can get to...that was you last possibility...sorry...unfortunately, you waited too long....Chase was allowing people to get in through the old links here and over the phone for a long time past the cards (cash plus and rewards plus) were no longer "technically" available...but those doors have finally been closed...

Your best alternative is the Chase Freedom Card (3%) AMEX Blue Cash wouldn't do it for you unless you spend way over $6500 per year....

CashBackRookie said: How can I get the Chase card I have no local branch? in florida.

Call up any branch and see what they say. Like I posted, I did it over the phone. If they already have your info beacuse you've had any sort of Chase account before, they might do the same for you.

wife went to our local branch yesterday, got a $75 bonus for a new checking account(we've got a couple others already) and asked to apply for the Rewards Plus card...banker couldn't find it in the system, she was able to apply for the Cash Plus Rewards card though. 0% Purchases/BT($75 max fee) for 12 months.

craig10x said: nkhy is right...that's 3% on up to $600 in purchases of those catagories, per month NOT PER YEAR! Do you spend more then $600 on your gasoline, supermarket and fast food restaurants per MONTH?

nkhy...i assumed Freedom was a platinum card because Rewards Plus and Cash Plus were....but Freedom definately has those benefits, so does it really matter? It shows it having: Extended Warranty, Lost/Stolen Baggage Coverage, Stolen/Damaged purchase protection for first 90 days, travel insurance....it's the same stuff you get on a platinum card whatever they are calling it....

And, what is so great about AMEX Blue Cash...(for the other poster, not you nkhy) you have spend a huge level before the 5% on everyday purchases kicks in...that sux....Freedom is actually a better deal in the long run (unless you spend many thousands per year on your credit card)....

have couple dumb questions. I live in Ohio. Are chain supermarket stores, like kroger, meijier, or giant eagle, considered grocery store and qualified to get 3% Cash Back.

How is this card compared to citi preferred card? I know what you will get from preferred card is not Cash Back but points. but if you use points to get gas gift card, that is still better than 3%, right? any thoughts?

Any supermarket or grocery store should get the 3% rewards....you get points, which are convertable to a reward check (cash) when you reach a certain level...say 5,000 pts equals $50.00 cash....

anyone what the travel accident insurance is for the cash plus mc?

lazybummm said: anyone what the travel accident insurance is for the cash plus mc?

Check MC's website for platinum benefits. Some of them are free collision/loss insurance on car rentals, lost baggage insurance, etc.

I applied for Cash Plus Rewards Visa at local branch on 01/09 and received the card on 01/18. Does anyone know if I can get the 10,000 bonus points for signing up after first purchase? Because when applying at the branch, no offer code used, I am not sure if I can get 10k pts.

So I apparently got this card, as it shows up in my online status but I never got the card? I called the CSR, and they said they'll send another card, but I waited a week, then went back to school. My mom who still at home still says she hasn't gotten anything. Should I call them again or wait? I'm just worried that I'll lose the card for no apparent reason....

I applied in the afternoon 01/09. The card showed up in my online account after 12:00am 01/12. I received it on 01/18.
Psychoidiot, when did you apply?

nkhyspur said: I applied in the afternoon 01/09. The card showed up in my online account after 12:00am 01/12. I received it on 01/18.
Psychoidiot, when did you apply?

The 20th of November, and apparently was processed and improved by the end of November. I went home till the 29th, mom said Chase called, but didn't leave a phone number. I thought I had been rejected, and went back to school. When semester ended, I had to immediately fly to China on the 15th, and didn't come back till the 1st of January. I have the Sony Card too, and I signed up for the online thing, and that's when I noticed that I had another card. I was like ??? what's this? Then I remembered about the Cash Plus thing. I called the Chase CSR, and he said they would send out a new card, in about 3 days, but may take longer as it's holiday season. I left for school on the 15th of January, and so far, no card. My mom has been checking for me.

So should I call them again?

Yes, call again. I met similar thing some days ago and called them. They apologized and used UPS Express Mail to send the card to me. I got the card two days after I called them

I have this card since Nov 1, 2006. Only 2 1/2 months.
When I applied, I was told it has 12 months 0% for purchases and BT with 3% BT fee.
Today, I just logon to my account, and click on BT just testing out what are the offer.
Guess what, here is what I got offered:

"The competitive APR that applies to your account with no balance transfer fee. (Respond by: 02/28/07)"

NO BT fee. But does that mean 0% APR since the card still in the introductory period?

EDIT: Anybody has this same Chase Reward MC with the SAME offer?

nkhyspur said: I applied for Cash Plus Rewards Visa at local branch on 01/09 and received the card on 01/18. Does anyone know if I can get the 10,000 bonus points for signing up after first purchase? Because when applying at the branch, no offer code used, I am not sure if I can get 10k pts.

have no idea, but would you report back what you get...I think the 0% on purchases for 12 months is enough for me to get another card when I go in for the 75-100 checking account offer...

echip said: I have this card since Nov 1, 2006. Only 2 1/2 months.
When I applied, I was told it has 12 months 0% for purchases and BT with 3% BT fee.
Today, I just logon to my account, and click on BT just testing out what are the offer.

"The competitive APR that applies to your account with no balance transfer fee. (Respond by: 02/28/07)"

NO BT fee. But does that mean 0% APR since the card still in the introductory period?

Yes, I got the same offer (just checked). Good question I don't know. Wouldn't that be nice though.

techie3 said: echip said: I have this card since Nov 1, 2006. Only 2 1/2 months.

Yes, I got the same offer (just checked). Good question I don't know. Wouldn't that be nice though.

I also saw the same thing a few days ago on my Chase Reward Visa, and a CSR told me it is in fact the original promotional terms (0% / 12 months from opening the account), but just no fee now. Not bad. Although I already did a 25k BT when I opened the account (luckily got the fee waived anyway).

Thanks FW! Rec'd my 10,000 rewards points and ordered 2 $50 checks. Verified I'm getting 5 for 1 for gas, groc, drug. Another easy $100...

CoastieRob said: Just applied using 94f for the Chase Cash Plus Rewards. Took CSR a while on the phone, but I very specifically made her repeat back to me the following terms & conditions:

0% fixed for 12 or 3 months (depending on credit)
no annual fee
after account opening and first purchase, 10,000 bonus pts will be deposited 6-8 wks after 1st purchase
5 for 1 points at gas/grocery/drugstores, 1 for 1 one everything else
30,000 annual cap

Got the CSR's name and ID # and what calling center they were from.

Got this in addition to my Citi Dividend 5% card, mainly becuase it seems these cards are slowly vanishing and I wanted to pick up another one. Plus $100 bonus is sweet!

Thanks again FW!

Is this deal still going on? I tried calling and it says to call a different number.

mw123456 said: Is this deal still going on? I tried calling and it says to call a different number.

No, Cash Plus and Rewards Plus are no longer available to new customers (only those that already have them).....

Does that mean all 5% everyday purchase cards are now gone?

i think so...other then AMEX Blue Cash, but that requires spending over $6500 before the 5% will kick in....Probably the best deal you will get now is Chase Freedom Card (3% on Supermarkets/Gas/Fast Food)...

cardinalandgoldfan said: Does that mean all 5% everyday purchase cards are now gone?

Red me (and state the correction please) if wrong, but I think the only thing left is the Citi Driver's Edge card offering 6% for the first 12 months.

I'll green you for being correct.

cardinalandgoldfan said: Does that mean all 5% everyday purchase cards are now gone?

the penfed.org rewards card still has 5% for gas, 1.25% for everything else

I just converted my card from free chase rewards to cash plus rewards but I lost my current rewards points just like those mentioned in the quick summary. I only had 40 points, so it wasn't a big loss.

I'd like to get my wife a card since she does all the grocery shopping. I'm going to email them to see if this is possible since she'll be on my account.

sc0rpio said: I just converted my card from free chase rewards to cash plus rewards but I lost my current rewards points just like those mentioned in the quick summary. I only had 40 points, so it wasn't a big loss.

I'd like to get my wife a card since she does all the grocery shopping. I'm going to email them to see if this is possible since she'll be on my account.

were you able to do this over the phone? or did you visit a branch?

I sent a message using a link on my online account. It was labeled "You have no messages." From there you can email customer service.

sc0rpio said: I just converted my card from free chase rewards to cash plus rewards but I lost my current rewards points just like those mentioned in the quick summary. I only had 40 points, so it wasn't a big loss.

Yhere is a function called Add Authorized User - it is under Customer Service tab.

I added authorized user this way - soon after you submitted the form you got an auto-email sent to you about receiving the request and you will be informed of a decision within 24 hours. Then you received an email to tell you to check your message - and the approval was detailed there, additonal card arrived in a few days.

Thanks for the info. I was able to add my wife as an authorized user & her card will arrive in 3-5 days.

I just called today(Thurs night) and was not able to convert my free chase rewards MC to a cash plus rewards. Did u convert yours recently w/ a visa or MC?

So does anyone know if you can still apply and get this promotion ($100 sign on + 0% APR + 5% gas, grocery, Drugstore)??

Thanks.

penguinknot said: So does anyone know if you can still apply and get this promotion ($100 sign on + 0% APR + 5% gas, grocery, Drugstore)??

Thanks.

try logging into your account and sending an email as scOrpio stated:

sent a message using a link on my online account. It was labeled "You have no messages." From there you can email customer service.

It worked for me too.

whoknows said: penguinknot said: So does anyone know if you can still apply and get this promotion ($100 sign on + 0% APR + 5% gas, grocery, Drugstore)??

Thanks.

try logging into your account and sending an email as scOrpio stated:

sent a message using a link on my online account. It was labeled "You have no messages." From there you can email customer service.

It worked for me too.

Didn't work for me. Reply stated that the card is unavailable. But I'm still able to convert to other chase cards such as the 3% freedom.

yeah, Cash Plus/Rewards Plus cards are gone for new customers....those that have them have been allowed to keep them....

Didn't work for me. Reply stated that the card is unavailable. But I'm still able to convert to other chase cards such as the 3% freedom.

It took me 2x's...the first time they offered me some other rewards card. I wrote back that I was not interested in that particular card, but wanted the Plus Rewards Card that I originally requested.

Then I got this reply back:
As your credit card company, we value your business. It
is important to us that we provide you with timely
information regarding your account.

As requested, we have enrolled your account in the Cash
Plus Rewards program. You will receive a rewards brochure
within 30 days.

Maybe give it another shot....can't hurt.

havent they started converting this to freedom?

taewlee said: havent they started converting this to freedom?

Not as far as i know...all of us here with Cash Plus or Rewards Plus are still on that program...no one has posted that they got changed over...

whoknows, you e-mailed them and they were willing to switch you over to Cash Plus for your rewards program? I didn't think
they would...people have been trying to do that over the phone for many months now with no success....I have Rewards Plus, myself...but was just curious

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 134 35 36373841
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014