• 15 6 78941
  • Page
  • Text Only
Is this really true? Bad case of small type gotcha if so (and I'll close the card if so)-

Maybe that is true for the Thank You cards but I am fairly sure it does not work that way on the Citi Dividends or AT&T Universal Cash Rewards cards. I am fairly sure I am still getting 5% on gas/drug/supermarket purchases.

billrubin said: Maybe that is true for the Thank You cards but I am fairly sure it does not work that way on the Citi Dividends or AT&T Universal Cash Rewards cards. I am fairly sure I am still getting 5% on gas/drug/supermarket purchases.

Maybe, but I'd prefer a Visa over Mastercard.

jaashuab said: Maybe, but I'd prefer a Visa over Mastercard.
Why?

billrubin said: jaashuab said: Maybe, but I'd prefer a Visa over Mastercard.
Why?

My current card is a Visa and I've never been anywhere that didn't accept it...though, admittedly I don't also look for Mastercard. Oh, and the Dividend card has no signup bonus. $100 is $100 all things being equal.

Also, the Dividend card caps out at $300 rewards per year? I won't be much beyond that, but should be at least at that between my gas and grocery bills alone.

In the US, I am not aware of any place that takes Visa that does not take Mastercard. Outside of the US there may be some places but it is rare. Visa does have a better extended warranty (or did, the last time I looked), they give an extra year on original warranties of up to 3 years, while MC is only up to one year. But I think that is the extent of the differences.

billrubin said: In the US, I am not aware of any place that takes Visa that does not take Mastercard. Outside of the US there may be some places but it is rare. Visa does have a better extended warranty (or did, the last time I looked), they give an extra year on original warranties of up to 3 years, while MC is only up to one year. But I think that is the extent of the differences.

DTE Energy allows you to pay your electric bill using Visa, but not MC. This is the only place i know that does not take both.

DTE Payment Options

I applied for this card with offer code HG1 on Oct.16th. Forgot to ask them for bonus at that time, because I didn't know it's important to ask them explicitly. Sent them "proof of current address" once. Just received the card. Only 0 APR for BT for first 3 billing cycles. No 0 APR for purchase at all. I didn't pay much attentation as the indian CSR read the terms to me. Should every cash plush reward card share the same terms? Also nothing about $100 bonus is mentioned with the card.

Ericmm said: I applied for this card with offer code HG1 on Oct.16th. Forgot to ask them for bonus at that time, because I didn't know it's important to ask them explicitly. Sent them "proof of current address" once. Just received the card. Only 0 APR for BT for first 3 billing cycles. No 0 APR for purchase at all. I didn't pay much attentation as the indian CSR read the terms to me. Should every cash plush reward card share the same terms? Also nothing about $100 bonus is mentioned with the card.

Short Answer: NO. If you read the fine print on the ads it says that whether you are offered 0% APR for purchases will be determined after reviewing your application. Not everybody gets 0% APR offer for purchases.

Can you apply online for this? and get the $100 bonus? Also when is the 100 credited? after 1st charge?
edit I guess you have to do over the phone b/c the online app has no spot for a bonus code...

Nope. Cannot do it online, since there is no where to put offer code. It has to be by phone.

Thanks, I just applied. I just wish it was faster...

mathfaster said: Ericmm said: I applied for this card with offer code HG1 on Oct.16th. Forgot to ask them for bonus at that time, because I didn't know it's important to ask them explicitly. Sent them "proof of current address" once. Just received the card. Only 0 APR for BT for first 3 billing cycles. No 0 APR for purchase at all. I didn't pay much attentation as the indian CSR read the terms to me. Should every cash plush reward card share the same terms? Also nothing about $100 bonus is mentioned with the card.

Short Answer: NO. If you read the fine print on the ads it says that whether you are offered 0% APR for purchases will be determined after reviewing your application. Not everybody gets 0% APR offer for purchases.

Thanks a lot for answering my questions. Called in yesterday, the CSR said they cannot offer the 0 APR on purchase for me. That's fine for me though.

Hi, I saw mention a few posts back of an extension to the end of November for the $100 deal. Can you tell me if it's still the HG1 offer code or another one?

Thanks.

Also if I have other cards with Chase and reduce my credit available, will that favorably affect my chances of getting this card or isn't it worth it to bother. If reducing credit does help, do I have to wait between requesting the reduction and applying for a new card?

Anyway, thanks in advance for that extended offer code!

Cheers!

I applied for this today and did request the $100 gift card. The application process took most of my lunch hour. I couldn't understand the customer terms, either.

gyshen said: Hi, I saw mention a few posts back of an extension to the end of November for the $100 deal. Can you tell me if it's still the HG1 offer code or another one?

Thanks.

Also if I have other cards with Chase and reduce my credit available, will that favorably affect my chances of getting this card or isn't it worth it to bother. If reducing credit does help, do I have to wait between requesting the reduction and applying for a new card?

Cheers!

Please see page 8 of this thread for an offer code that expires November 30.

Gingergirl said: I applied for this today and did request the $100 gift card. The application process took most of my lunch hour. I couldn't understand the customer terms, either.

Welcome to the club.

Does it make a difference which Nov 30 code you use, i.e., it is geographically limited and will that affect my chances for getting a card? I am in the Northeast and would love to get this!

Thanks!

I doubt it. I just signed up with MZ5 this morning and I'm in Maryland.

gyshen said: Hi, I saw mention a few posts back of an extension to the end of November for the $100 deal. Can you tell me if it's still the HG1 offer code or another one?

Thanks.

Cheers!

Don't know about reducing your available credit. I had a Chase card with a faily high limit when I applied for the new one. The new credit limit was 3/4 of the other card. Search this site for credit issuing criteria.

Thanks OP! Just applied for it over the phone. Took about 20 mins. Used code MZ0 advertised on our newspaper, Des Moines Register. Code expiring Nov 30.

I got my card in Oct. and 10,000 points (after first purchase) showed up in my first statement. Called and requested 2 $50 checks yesterday . FYI, I'm in Washington DC. The newer code extended until Nov. 30 should work as well although mine's a different code ending on Sep. 30.

BH

Called in with the MZ5 code. I could not pay attention to the lady rambling on about the terms. Hopefully I will be approved.

ladyinred said: Called in with the MZ5 code. I could not pay attention to the lady rambling on about the terms. Hopefully I will be approved.

Call 1-888-338-2586 to check on the status. You only need to enter the SS# you applied for the card with. Machine response.

got my 10,000 points show on my card and the 0% purchase for first 2 months.

gremlins718 said: got my 10,000 points show on my card and the 0% purchase for first 2 months.
Lol, only 0% for the first 2 months? Mine says 0% for 15 months, but I only have a $4000 CL.

The 10,000 points showed up on my first statement and I went online to request 2 $50 checks. I got a check for $100 within a week.

Thanks OP.

Approved!! Is it necessary to call and request my $100 check?

ladyinred said: Approved!! Is it necessary to call and request my $100 check?

You have to make at least one purchase first. Read this thread for when you will get your $100.

Gotcha. I love FW. So far this year I've made $450! (SonyCard, Chase & Schwab!)

Got my 100 check!! Nice...

Warning ..

I received the card with a 7k CL, and then consolidated old credit cards up to a 54K CL. The nice CSR asked if I would like to BT some of the funds until Jan 06 ?!?

Turns out, per the CSR, I received a 'standard' card with a three month BT period. So I went back and looked over the docs I was sent, and could not find one with the BT terms. The paper that had the card attached did not have the terms. It seems very unlikely I was not sent that information, but in any case, do not presume you have received a 12 month BT.

If someone would post what piece of paper disclosed APR and BT terms, I'd appreciate it.

EricGo said: Warning ..

I received the card with a 7k CL, and then consolidated old credit cards up to a 54K CL. The nice CSR asked if I would like to BT some of the funds until Jan 06 ?!?

Turns out, per the CSR, I received a 'standard' card with a three month BT period. So I went back and looked over the docs I was sent, and could not find one with the BT terms. The paper that had the card attached did not have the terms. It seems very unlikely I was not sent that information, but in any case, do not presume you have received a 12 month BT.

If someone would post what piece of paper disclosed APR and BT terms, I'd appreciate it.

My APR & BT Terms for the Chase Cash Plus Rewards card were in two tables called RATES AND FEES TABLE (also may be referred to as the table of interest charges) and FEES AND FINANCE CHARGES TABLE on page 6 of 6. The 6 page document made up the CARDMEMBER AGREEMENT.

is it still alive? can i still apply for the card and get $100 check?

THanks

shade45 said: is it still alive? can i still apply for the card and get $100 check?

THanks

Read the thread. Your question will be answered. It's on page 11.

mathfaster said: shade45 said: is it still alive? can i still apply for the card and get $100 check?

THanks

so which code should i use? Mz5 or MZ0

btw i live in NYC

shade45 said: mathfaster said: shade45 said: is it still alive? can i still apply for the card and get $100 check?

THanks

so which code should i use? Mz5 or MZ0

btw i live in NYC

NOT TRUE: Just got my Sunday newspaper. Ad in the coupon flyer for CHASE PLUS REWARDS VISA CARD. 10,000 points bonus. Expires Novemnber 30, 2005. Promotion code: MZ5.

Is there anyway to tell which purchase is earning what % rebate? It seems like they are applying way too much stuff to the "groc, pharm, gas" category on ours. I'm not complaining, but has anyone else noticed this?

In order to apply for the card I had to agree to allow Chase to share all of my information with any of their marketing partners. Is that a normal requirement for a credit card application? I've never heard of that before. The guy wouldn't explain to me what information that entails. Everything?

Ordered my $100 today!!! Thanks OP!

I am talking to the rep. right now. He spent about 15 minutes going over the terms and agreement and all the rates. Does he expect people to remember what he said. Just give me the da*n money!!!

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 15 6 78941
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014