• 16 7 891041
  • Page
  • Text Only
triggerhappy007 said: shade45 said: mathfaster said: shade45 said: is it still alive? can i still apply for the card and get $100 check?

THanks


Read the thread. Your question will be answered. It's on page 11.


so which code should i use? Mz5 or MZ0

btw i live in NYC


NOT TRUE: Just got my Sunday newspaper. Ad in the coupon flyer for CHASE PLUS REWARDS VISA CARD. 10,000 points bonus. Expires Novemnber 30, 2005. Promotion code: MZ5.


so what code is working for NYC area again?

Anyone know a code for those of us in the DFW area?

Thanks

shade45 said: triggerhappy007 said: shade45 said: mathfaster said: shade45 said: is it still alive? can i still apply for the card and get $100 check?

THanks


Read the thread. Your question will be answered. It's on page 11.


so which code should i use? Mz5 or MZ0

btw i live in NYC


NOT TRUE: Just got my Sunday newspaper. Ad in the coupon flyer for CHASE PLUS REWARDS VISA CARD. 10,000 points bonus. Expires Novemnber 30, 2005. Promotion code: MZ5.


so what code is working for NYC area again?


Use the MZ5. This was in a local Inland Empire paper (Daily Bulletin). If they question it, tell them you picked up the paper during a stay in Ontario, CA and saw the flyer. How are they to know you're not bicoastal?

Got the check, thanks OP.

Just ordered my $100 reward. Mildly surprised that for even the check you can only order rewards in multiples of $50. Thought that like Citi Dividend and AT&T cash rewards that $50 (5,000 pts) was the minimum in order to order and you could clean out all your rewards with a check. Not so. But no complaints regarding the $100 bonus. Thanks OP.

I've currently got a (former) Chase PerfectCard. If I get this one, then roll my old card into it, does that show up in a credit check as me closing an account? BTW, a big reason that I'm considering closing my old card out is that I signed up for the "Do the Double" promotion several months ago. Since I've already got cards that give me 5% back for groceries, etc., the 2% rebate was worthless, but the 6% for gas (which I was assured by the CSR at the time I'd get) was marginally better than my 5% Discover rebate. Now they're denying that I am eligable for the gas, "since I already get 3%." Lame. Also, in answer to a previous question above, there is no easy way to see a per purchase cash rebate amount on your statement. The CSR had to pull out a calculator to try and figure it out. Too bad, because the PerfectCard used to be my primary card, because of the low hassle return: no $50 increment requirements, the rebate applied directly to your bill each month.

$50 Cash Back bonus
Code: NTN

Chicago Tribune manufacture coupon section

Those of you who applied for this offer, were you approved on the telephone?

Gingergirl said: Those of you who applied for this offer, where you approved on the telephone?

N0. Read the thread. The number to call regarding approval is within this thread.

chuzzlewit said: Is there anyway to tell which purchase is earning what % rebate? It seems like they are applying way too much stuff to the "groc, pharm, gas" category on ours. I'm not complaining, but has anyone else noticed this?

No. Just got my first statement and a quick tally of groceries, Drugstore, gas at 5 points and the rest at 1 was close enough to my total points for this statement. So I'd have to say the application of points is correct as far as my statement was concerned.

mathfaster said: Just ordered my $100 reward. Mildly surprised that for even the check you can only order rewards in multiples of $50. Thought that like Citi Dividend and AT&T cash rewards that $50 (5,000 pts) was the minimum in order to order and you could clean out all your rewards with a check. Not so. But no complaints regarding the $100 bonus. Thanks OP.

In the future just buy a buck's worth of gas, then you only 'lose' a penny

I applied on 11/9 using code MZ5 (I'm in WI, but I keep seeing similar fliers in the Sunday paper inserts).
No word from them until today (11/21) when the card arrived in the mail. Got $5000 CL with 0% on BT and purchases for 15 months. The rate information and fees were displayed in 2 tables on the back of the last page of the Cardmember Agreement.

Gotta go make that 1st purchase to get my 10,000 bonus points -- thanks OP and others!

jatan1986 said: $50 Cash Back bonus
Code: NTN

Chicago Tribune manufacture coupon section


The ad for the Chase Cash Plus Rewards in my newspaper flyer yesterday had NO bonus points but did tout 0% APR on purchases and BTs.

mathfaster said: Just ordered my $100 reward on 11/20. Mildly surprised that for even the check you can only order rewards in multiples of $50. Thought that like Citi Dividend and AT&T cash rewards that $50 (5,000 pts) was the minimum in order to order and you could clean out all your rewards with a check. Not so. But no complaints regarding the $100 bonus. Thanks OP.

Got my $100 check today. Not bad. 6 calendar days/4 business days to get check.

I did what some people exactly suggest.

Call 1-888-787-0329, applied for the Cash Plus Rewards Visa Card by using the code Z3R. Spent $20 for Walm@rt GC in Oct. Got first statement on 11/15. 10,020 points now available. Redeem for 2 $50 cash checks here. Of course, I need to register my CC first. Quite smooth procedure~

ordered my checks, not received yet

Great! and good timing. Citi recently offered me 0%, no fee, BT on my Dividend Platinum Select.

Haven't recieved a statement yet. I'll use the card until my 150th dollar in rewards come around before switching to AT&T universal ($5.00 in rewards and 0% BT offer ending).

quickfingerz said: Great! and good timing. Citi recently offered me 0%, no fee, BT on my Dividend Platinum Select.

Haven't recieved a statement yet. I'll use the card until my 150th dollar in rewards come around before switching to AT&T universal ($5.00 in rewards and 0% BT offer ending).


What does any of this have to do with a Chase Cash Reward Plus Card? It probably does but I'm just not getting it from what you posted.

Just applied by phone 888-787-0329 code MZ5 (thanks for the code) the local ads that I've seen have been for the $50 Cash Back (code NTP) which is valid until 12/31/2005.

The application process is time consuming - I had a female CSR with an Indian accent who was very efficient but the amount of disclosure language they have to convey is mind boggling. The quick translation is "don't ever be late or over your limit on this account or any other account or you'll be screwed beyond your belief" - I think the highest rate I heard during her monologue was in the 30%+ range for accounts in default.

lol. I got an Indian lady as well that I could barely understand. I used code MZ5 and it took about 20 minutes to apply. 15 minutes were spent listening to the terms of the card and the percent if you miss payments was 30.99%.

Seperately, I have a couple other chase cards and emailed them to see if they could change them to the 5% grocery, drug, and gas. They said that it'd be OK, but I'd lose any points that were not redeemed.

Sweet deal! Thanks OP!

Without noticing this deal, I just applied for the card earlier today. What do you think I can do? I called 888-787-0329 and press 2 for the information on existing application, but it told me to call another number. Should I call the new number or just stick with the new application number to ask whether I can use the promotion code?

Also, I am in Boston, MA. What code should I use?

Many thanks!

Edit - I called customer service, and the rep told me that it is not possible to add the promotion code after app submission, so I guess I'm out of luck..

account created within one week. that is FAST

dvdjunkee said: gomakeitreal said: i am guessing, when you have to buy something, GC may be better.
for buying with cash with check requested, you earn $50 + 1% of $50 Cash Back
but with GC requested and buy, you earn $50 + approximately 8% tax saved on the $50, b/c store does not tax on the amount paid by GC?


Tax is still charged. It is deducted from your GC the same way you would pay for it normally.


It depends on the state. I believe GA charges tax on Gift Card purchases, but not on redemption. A handful of years ago this law was put in place, it caused an issue with our POS system since it was designed to determine nontaxable amounts by item and/or customer, but not based on payments.

Anyone know how WalMart Superstores are classified? I assume they are not classified as a Grocery Store, but it would be nice since most of our grocery shopping (and other shopping) is done there.

received $100 check, sweet!

Just applied by phone 888-787-0329 using code MZ5. Took about 30 minutes to complete the application process. Asked the CSR 3 times to confirm that I will be getting the $100 bonus. He also indicated that I was eligible for 0% interest on purchases and BT(not cash advance) for 12 billing cycles.

bearbruinhorn said: Just applied by phone 888-787-0329 using code MZ5. Took about 30 minutes to complete the application process. Asked the CSR 3 times to confirm that I will be getting the $100 bonus. He also indicated that I was eligible for 0% interest on purchases and BT(not cash advance) for 12 billing cycles.

I believe you need to be careful if you make purchases with the 12 billing cycles 0% APR. This card utilizes two-cycle billing for purchases. Pay off the balance in the twelve month and come the 13 billing cycle they'll take your balance for the 12th billing cycle and average that with the 13th billing cycle and you'll pay interest. Someone correct me if I have this wrong. I pay my balance off every month so I don't usually carry a balance and with this card plan to pay the minimum and bank the payments in ED at 4% till I pay it off once the 11th billing cycle has closed. Also plan to make no purchases after the 11th billing cycle closes just to avoid any interest charges due to two-cycle billing. There are fees associated with the BT with this card.

BigYellowDog said: Anyone know how WalMart Superstores are classified? I assume they are not classified as a Grocery Store, but it would be nice since most of our grocery shopping (and other shopping) is done there.

They ARE classified as grocery store with Chase. At least in the last 2 statements I received.

I just called and tried to apply for the card, but they wouldn't let me because I don't have a landline phone. Have any of you had this problem before? The refused to take my cell phone number. This seems crazy to me because a lot of people don't bother having landline phones in their homes nowadays. Any help out there??

cnberger said: I just called and tried to apply for the card, but they wouldn't let me because I don't have a landline phone. Have any of you had this problem before? The refused to take my cell phone number. This seems crazy to me because a lot of people don't bother having landline phones in their homes nowadays. Any help out there??

I signed up giving them my cell number cause I don't have a landline either. Haven't had one for over 5 years now lol. Maybe they'll end up rejecting me..........

Just applied on the phone with MZ5, the accented (although clear) female phone person verified the 10,000 points.

So hope all goes well!

-Mike

BigYellowDog said: Anyone know how WalMart Superstores are classified? I assume they are not classified as a Grocery Store, but it would be nice since most of our grocery shopping (and other shopping) is done there.

I can confirm that the same supercenter can ring up as grocery OR other. I'm guessing if you check out on the grocery half you get grocery, but I'm not sure. Maybe it has more to do with what you purchase.

THANKS OP!!

It worked. I have 12,401 points in my first month. That's $124!!! Pretty awesome deal if you ask me. I am from Seattle where the offer in our paper is only for $50, however I gave the $100 code and it worked. Try not to let the CSR know where you are until after they have confirmed your 10,000 bonus points.

FFGuru said: Try not to let the CSR know where you are until after they have confirmed your 10,000 bonus points.

I can't see that mattering. The first thing the woman asked me was what my promotional code was. I would only assume that if they are going to check to see if the code is valid for the area, it would be done after the fact, or at least once they have the zip code.

-Mike

Just applied with code MZ5, no questions asked, got 10,000 bonus points. I'm in NY state.

Good deal, big thanks to OP and all the peeps who posted the codes.

Thanks to OP and all for notifying me about this offer.

Applied today, and the rep said I will get the 10,000 points if accepted. I don't have a landline either so I just gave her my cell number when she asked for my home phone.

Whats the typical turnaround time between applying for the card and actually receiving it?

omarECD said: Thanks to OP and all for notifying me about this offer.

Applied today, and the rep said I will get the 10,000 points if accepted. I don't have a landline either so I just gave her my cell number when she asked for my home phone.

Whats the typical turnaround time between applying for the card and actually receiving it?


If I remember it took less than two weeks to get the card. Call the number in this thread to see if you have been approved. Think I got approved about three days after I applied. New card showed up online when I logged in to my existing Chase card. Detail in this thread.

I got my card around 3.5 weeks back, and it shows up in my Chase web account along with my charges to it.

However, I cannot register on the ChooseMyRewards website, it says Invalid Billing Zip Code. Do I have to wait to I actually get my first statement?

Edit: Saw my question answered above, seems I have to wait for first statement.

aheda said: I got my card around 3.5 weeks back, and it shows up in my Chase web account along with my charges to it.

However, I cannot register on the ChooseMyRewards website, it says Invalid Billing Zip Code. Do I have to wait to I actually get my first statement?


YES. Believe any additional info was in this thread somewhere.

Any new code for Bonus Cash Back available?

I missed the Nov 30 offer

  • Archived From: ForumsFinance

  • 16 7 891041
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014