• 17 8 9101141
  • Page
  • Text Only
aheda said: I got my card around 3.5 weeks back, and it shows up in my Chase web account along with my charges to it.

However, I cannot register on the ChooseMyRewards website, it says Invalid Billing Zip Code. Do I have to wait to I actually get my first statement?

Edit: Saw my question answered above, seems I have to wait for first statement.

Keep in mind you don't have to physically receive your statement, just wait for it to close. At 3.5 weeks that should be any day now and you'll be in fat city

I just applied over the phone with code HG1, because the other code seemed to be expired. I thought HG1 was just for Home Depot gift cards, but the guy on the phone said it was good for 10,000 points.

So anyone that missed the 11/30 deadline can still use HG1.

I just realized my card isn't the blue rewards card but it's silver and doesn't say anything. Anyone else receive the silver card? Also I've had this card for about a month and I still can't seem to enroll in the rewards...

I used the HG1 code.

jkimcpa said: I just realized my card isn't the blue rewards card but it's silver and doesn't say anything. Anyone else receive the silver card? Also I've had this card for about a month and I still can't seem to enroll in the rewards...

I used the HG1 code.

Hi, bump, can anyone answer this?

mathfaster said: Call 1-888-338-2586 to check on the status. You only need to enter the SS# you applied for the card with. Machine response.

Not necessarily a machine response. Tried to call today to check status and was transferred to a live person queue. Gave up after 5 min of "all reps busy" message.

Silvyn said: So anyone that missed the 11/30 deadline can still use HG1.
HG1 is supposed to expire 10/31 according to OP. They could refuse to give you the $100 and you'd have no recourse. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any new $100 offers, only $50 ones. If anyone wants a sure thing, codes NTN if good for $50 and expires 12/31. From a CA newspaper ad insert.

thanks OP. got my check, quick and easy.

Deposited check. Quick and easy.

BTW - when I gave the code the woman knew nothing about points when I asked.

Cheap said: Deposited check. Quick and easy.

BTW - when I gave the code the woman knew nothing about points when I asked.

I think these credit card call centers are subcontracted out.

I called today and gave HG1 code, the customer rep agreed and gave 10,000 points. so try your luck..

Update - signed up on Sunday 11/27 and got my cards today Monday 12/5 - not bad service!!

Applied, Chase CS rep. called because I have a few other Chase cards with good CLs, wound up allocating $5K CL from one of the other cards to this card, signed up for the 10000 points right after first statement, got my $100 check last week, I'll use this and the similar Citi Dividends card to up my CashBack on credit cards to $600 next year from $450 on my AMEX Blue Cash this year. Neither of my AMEX cards will be used any more.

called today using HG1, was assured those 10k bonus points upon approval.
seems the code is still alive.

Okay dumb question... I got my credit card less than a month ago. I already have made some purchases which appear in their web site. When I went to www.choosemyrewards.com and put my credit card # and it says:

We are unable to verify your account information at this time. Please contact Cardmember Service at the phone number listed on the back of your card for assistance.

Do I have to wait for a while until I get my reward? 2nd. Can I choose gift cards instead of cash as rewards? Thanks.

For the first I think it takes a little while - not sure though.

For the second, yes. But why in the world would you want anything else!?

pugster said: Okay dumb question... I got my credit card less than a month ago. I already have made some purchases which appear in their web site. When I went to www.choosemyrewards.com and put my credit card # and it says:

We are unable to verify your account information at this time. Please contact Cardmember Service at the phone number listed on the back of your card for assistance.

Do I have to wait for a while until I get my reward? 2nd. Can I choose gift cards instead of cash as rewards? Thanks.

You have to wait until you get your first statement for this to work. This has been answered in this post before. You can choose gift cards instead of cash. All requests are in multiples of $50 including cash. $50 bucks at a time.

Eh... got the "standard pricing", no 0% on purchases. I wonder what % of people get that. Ad is a little bit of a teaser.

applied today, HG1 is still alive.

can anyone let me know if this card is good to get 5% CashBack at supermarkets?

yangjing1212 said: applied today, HG1 is still alive.

can anyone let me know if this card is good to get 5% CashBack at supermarkets?

Read first post. Grocery store = supermarket

Called at 3:45 a.m. CST and used the HG1 code. She didn't mention anything about $100 bonus, so we'll see. Poor gal had to spend 10 minutes just reading the disclosure. You'd think they would let people apply online.

where in the online account access do you find the reward points info? I could see info nowhere.

tulsastorm said: Called at 3:45 a.m. CST and used the HG1 code. She didn't mention anything about $100 bonus, so we'll see. Poor gal had to spend 10 minutes just reading the disclosure. You'd think they would let people apply online.

Don't worry, she'll get 5 rupees.

B0HEMIAN said: where in the online account access do you find the reward points info? I could see info nowhere.

It's only on your monthly statement and via the Cash/Gift Rewards site. Your first billing cycle has to have occurred before you can get into the Cash/Gift Rewards site. Go to this link ChooseMyRewards.com

tulsastorm said: Called at 3:45 a.m. CST and used the HG1 code. She didn't mention anything about $100 bonus, so we'll see. Poor gal had to spend 10 minutes just reading the disclosure. You'd think they would let people apply online.

Haha come on you guys didn't know that reading was pre-recorded. I knew there was no way she was reading all that and when I interrupted she had to stop the recording.

On another note- I applied 11/30 and according to the automated machine my application is still under 'review'. How long did/is it taking for the rest of you?

My husband applied 11/23 and just received the card today.

omarECD said: On another note- I applied 11/30 and according to the automated machine my application is still under 'review'. How long did/is it taking for the rest of you?

Applied on 10/16. Called 1-888-338-2586 on 10/20. Said card was approved and will receive card in 10 business days. So mine was approved in four business days or less (since I didn't call before 10/20 to see if it had been approved).

I called a couple of days ago and used HG1. At first the CSR avoided confirming the $100 bonus, or maybe he just didn't understand what I was saying . After threatening to not go through with the application he did confirm the $100 bonus. I called 1-888-338-2586 today and it looks like I'm approved. I should get the card within 10 business days!

Anyone that is still looking to sign up - the best offer that I've seen lately is for 5,000 bonus points - there are two offers in today's paper and both are good until January 31, 2006. The phone numbers and codes are as follows:

1-866-347-8534 code XZN

1-888-787-0329 code XYC

The offer details are the same on both. 5,000 bonus points after first purchase - 5 pts for every dollar spent at gas stations, grocery stores and drug stores, 1 pt for other purchases. No annual fee and 0% for up to 12 months.

Jake 40, although there are 2 offers in the paper today they are for 2 different cards. One is for the Chase Cash Plus Rewards Mastercard and the other is for the Chase Rewards Plus mastercard. The chase cash plus mastercard has a limit of 30,000 points per year and only allows you to get cash or gift cards in $50 increments. The Chase Rewards Plus mastercard has an annual cap of 75,000 points, allows you to redeem up to $600 cash annually and gives you a full 1% back in cash. It also, allows you to redeem for airline travel and gift cards. Also, the Cash Plus Rewards points expire after 3 years while the Chase Rewards Plus card points never expire. The offer code in my local newspaper for the Chase Rewards Plus Mastercard is X2D and the corresponding phone number is 1-866-347-8534. I started another thread about this new Chase Rewards plus card.

SO the bottom line is that Chase now has 2 new rewards card that are trying to compete against citibanks cards. The Chase Cash Plus competes directly with the citibank Dividend Platinum Select and the AT&T Rewards Cash Card while the Chase Rewards Plus card competes directly with the AT&T Rewards Mastercard and the Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards card (although this card now only gives you 5X points on everyday spend for 12 months vs. Chase's new card which doesn't appear to have that requirement).

Called 1-888-787-0329. The HG1 promotion code is still active for 10K points/$100 after the first statement.

Still no annual fee and three different interest rate plans depending on you credit report.
- 12 months 0% then a low apr
- 12 months 0% then a higher apr
- 3 months 0% and then an even higher apr. I didn't write down all the various aprs.

Thanks everyone, applied on 11/10, 1'st statement closed already, but have not received paper statement yet. I loggged in to the link above and requested my $100 bonus checks!

unlike my Charles Schwab card($150 GC) and my Sony card($100 GC), which is collecting dust right now, this card will get used once I max'ed out my Citi dividend!!

Has anyone tried to get your CL increased via the online chase link? Or have you tried calling to get your CL increased? Is there a minimum amount of time one needs to be a chase member before requesting a CLI? If anyone here has chosen the online chase CLI route, was it a soft/or hard credit pull? Thanks

applied dec 10th. used HG1, worked. ask and make sure you get $100 first though.

got my $100 quickly.
I'll use the card after my $300 limit with citi fills up.

I have two question
1. When i enrolled i was told that i will get 10,000 bonous points. when will see that points on my card. i have been using it for a couple of days

2. I purchase on my local groccery store, in my account activity the store is mentioned as "other" category..does that mean chase is not considering them as "grocerry store" ?

ram1875 said: I have two question
1. When i enrolled i was told that i will get 10,000 bonous points. when will see that points on my card. i have been using it for a couple of days

2. I purchase on my local groccery store, in my account activity the store is mentioned as "other" category..does that mean chase is not considering them as "grocerry store" ?

1. Read the thread. Asked and answered more than once.

2. Ignore the OTHER. That classification doesn't pertain to gas, groceries, and Drugstore points. I've got TARGET, applicance purchases, etc. that show up in the OTHER category and my gas, groceries, and Drugstore points add up to what they are supposed to.

Called 1-888-787-0329 & used HQ1 recieved response that code is not valid. The latest offer is TP7 which is for $100

thanks mathfaster..Where can we see the points earned so far in the website ? I coudnt find it there.

www.choosemyrewards.com

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 17 8 9101141
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014