• 135 36 37383941
  • Page
  • Text Only
craig10x said: whoknows, you e-mailed them and they were willing to switch you over to Cash Plus for your rewards program? I didn't think
they would...people have been trying to do that over the phone for many months now with no success....I have Rewards Plus, myself...but was just curious

My apologies for not realizing there was a difference between the two cards. I now see that there is. I assumed they were one-in-the-same until I saw this posted in this monstrous thread.

Chase CASH PLUS Rewards **versus** REWARDS PLUS
Both are offered as Visa and Mastercard, but they are not the same.
CASH PLUS- Max of $300 in rewards per year. REWARDS PLUS- Max of $750
CASH PLUS- Points good for Cash only REWARDS PLUS- Cash, Gift Cards, Travel, Merchandise
CASH PLUS- Redeem points at $50 without loosing value. REWARDS PLUS- Wait until $100

I was converted over to the Cash Plus card. It was a dormant card that I had. I have been looking to replace my Citi Dividend since they changed the terms on that one.

Forgive me for asking if this has already been answered in this monster thread, but given the differences between the Cash Plus and Rewards Plus stated by the poster above me, if both cards were still available wouldn't choosing Rewards Plus be a no-brainer? It seems from reading some posts in this thread that some still opted for the Cash Plus so I'm a little confused.

Thanks!

rdilliker said: Forgive me for asking if this has already been answered in this monster thread, but given the differences between the Cash Plus and Rewards Plus stated by the poster above me, if both cards were still available wouldn't choosing Rewards Plus be a no-brainer? It seems from reading some posts in this thread that some still opted for the Cash Plus so I'm a little confused.

Thanks!

If you can somehow get it, yes Rewards Plus Is better then Cash Plus if: 1) you tend to go beyond the $300 max per year (on Rewards Plus you can do up to $600 Cash Back..and the other $150 in other items as stated above..per year)
2) You are patient enough to be willing to wait to $100 cash increments (instead of $50 cash increments) to get your CashBack...lol

The reason alot of people went for Cash Plus originally is because there was $100 opening bonuses being offered and not so with Rewards Plus...they were choosing quick gratification over long term advantage of Rewards Plus.....
That point is moot now that no bonuses are being offered anymore, and it's tougher to get these cards now....

craig10x said: rdilliker said: Forgive me for asking if this has already been answered in this monster thread, but given the differences between the Cash Plus and Rewards Plus stated by the poster above me, if both cards were still available wouldn't choosing Rewards Plus be a no-brainer? It seems from reading some posts in this thread that some still opted for the Cash Plus so I'm a little confused.

Thanks!

If you can somehow get it, yes Rewards Plus Is better then Cash Plus if: 1) you tend to go beyond the $300 max per year (on Rewards Plus you can do up to $600 Cash Back..and the other $150 in other items as stated above..per year)
2) You are patient enough to be willing to wait to $100 cash increments (instead of $50 cash increments) to get your CashBack...lol

The reason alot of people went for Cash Plus originally is because there was $100 opening bonuses being offered and not so with Rewards Plus...they were choosing quick gratification over long term advantage of Rewards Plus.....
That point is moot now that no bonuses are being offered anymore, and it's tougher to get these cards now....

Thanks, Craig. I realized the bonus with the Cash Plus after I posted and figured that might've been the reason some chose that. I, like many others, am figuring out what to do since Citi reduced CashBack on the Dividend Platinum card. I've got a Chase card I never really use so I'm going to try to see if I can switch it over to one of the other 2 I mentioned.

you are very welcome! Try doing what whoknows did..maybe it will work for you too (and try it a few times, if it doesn't work the first time...lol) nothing to lose...

whoknows said: Didn't work for me. Reply stated that the card is unavailable. But I'm still able to convert to other chase cards such as the 3% freedom.

It took me 2x's...the first time they offered me some other rewards card. I wrote back that I was not interested in that particular card, but wanted the Plus Rewards Card that I originally requested.

Then I got this reply back:
As your credit card company, we value your business. It
is important to us that we provide you with timely
information regarding your account.

As requested, we have enrolled your account in the Cash
Plus Rewards program. You will receive a rewards brochure
within 30 days.

Maybe give it another shot....can't hurt.

Well I tried giving it another shot. I was hoping 3rd times the charm. But Rejection hits me again for the Cash Plus Rewards conversion. Instead I opted for the Freedom program since I don't want to open another card with another Financial institution. Oh well. If another 5% program opens for Chase, I can always switch over.
Thanks.

On the https://www.choosemyrewards.com/ site I can't seem to find where to request a check and not a giftcard?? I was looking earlier in this thread and some people said they are out of stock sometimes? How do you check that?

cjchaps said: On the https://www.choosemyrewards.com/ site I can't seem to find where to request a check and not a giftcard?? I was looking earlier in this thread and some people said they are out of stock sometimes? How do you check that?

choosemyrewards.com is no longer. Log in to chase.com and click on the "See Rewards Details" link. Then click on the "Redeem Rewards" link on the next page.

exactly...they are not using the choosemyrewards site anymore....you go to the rewards within your chase online banking for your credit card (where you see your account activity, statements, etc).....You'll find it in there now....

cjchaps said: On the https://www.choosemyrewards.com/ site I can't seem to find where to request a check and not a giftcard?? I was looking earlier in this thread and some people said they are out of stock sometimes? How do you check that?

Like the others said go in thru your Chase login for your normal online access and link from there. Once there put the word "cash" in the search box otherwise you see a flood of giftcards like you said.

Is there a link or phone I can get the Reward plus or the Cash plus card? I'm thinking about dumping the Citi.

sorry to break your bubble, but i've heard that it isn't available anymore... i myself am looking for a replacement card since i received the letter as well..

lanbaba said: Is there a link or phone I can get the Reward plus or the Cash plus card? I'm thinking about dumping the Citi.

Chase Freedom would be your best bet now (3% still beats Citi's 2%)....Those who have Rewards Plus or Cash Plus still get the 5% (unlike Citi, we were grandfathered in, after the demise for new applicants)....But, my understanding is that there is no way to apply for these cards anymore as a new applicant....

Is the chase cash plus reward card still available?

zhyihua99 said: Is the chase cash plus reward card still available?

Read posts above yours!

DiMAn0684 said:
Read posts above yours!

I guess some people (including myself) refuse to believe in what they wish to be false.

If only I had become credit-savvy a littler earlier.

I have attempted a few times to upgrade one of my Chase cards to a Cash Plus Rewards card. First, I went to the Chase branch a block from my home, and that was a no go [even though the banker had a sign hanging in his cubicle advertising the card]. I then sent a secure email online and received this response, "As your credit card company, we value your business and want you to be completely satisfied with your credit card account.

Please be advised, you have the option of enrolling in a
Cash Plus Product at your local Chase branch.

We further indicate that a Chase rewards plus option is no
longer available."

I printed out the email and went to another branch. This time the banker tried to convince me that the Chase Freedom card was a "Cash Plus Product." He then called credit card customer service, which claimed they will be discontinuing the Cash Plus Rewards program even for those who already have it. Have any Cash Plus cardholders heard this?

I was unhappy with my experience at both branches. Both bankers asked me irrelevant, inappropriate questions not related to my request.

the card has not really been available to new customers for quite some time (either Cash Plus or Rewards Plus, which is what i have). Some claimed you were still able to sneak into it by applying in-branch, but sounds to me, based on you recent experience, that this is finished too.

While so far all those who have had it, still get it (5%) i think it won't go on forever, either....Could be what you heard from customer service is right...i don't think any of the card holders have heard anything yet...i haven't...has anyone?

beethovengirl said: I was unhappy with my experience at both branches. Both bankers asked me irrelevant, inappropriate questions not related to my request.

Was the bankers asking you out on a date? Or asking you to spank them or something?

i haven't heard anything, but i sure hope they don't cancel/reduce the points on it. if they do, i'll just have to start using my chase freedom that i applied for in the $250 thread, and use it for groceries only, and use the penfed.org visa for 5% on gas, 1.25 on everything else.

dolmar said: beethovengirl said: I was unhappy with my experience at both branches. Both bankers asked me irrelevant, inappropriate questions not related to my request.

Was the bankers asking you out on a date? Or asking you to spank them or something?

no...

The first banker asked to see my driver's license for identification. My address is a block away and was clearly in a new mostly owner-occupied development [the nicest homes in the immediate area]. He asked if I rented or owned my unit. When I told him I rented, he asked what my rent is, which I thought was inappropriate [I was not applying for a credit card, just upgrading my current Chase card], but I was requesting a favor, so I figured I'd tell him. When I told him, he remarked, "If you're paying that much for rent, you should buy!" This was a dumb remark b/c my rent is way less than PITI assuming 20% down payment, 30 yr fixed rate mortgage. Furthermore, when we started renting last summer, the owners said they would consider selling to us for $X. Thanks to current market conditions, they are now offering at $X-50K, and we've paid a lot less than $50K in rent.

When I told the second banker that I did not want to apply for a new credit card b/c I'm applying for a mortgage soon, he tried to sell me on Chase's mortgage products. I figured Chase's rates would not be good, so I just asked for the business card of the loan officer and said I'd talk to her later. He then asked me where I work, to which I replied that I don't work. In response, he asked [with a tone implying I'm some sort of vagrant, probably related to the fact that I was not dressed well], "Then how are you going to pay for a mortgage?!?!" again, none of his business. I thought these were inappropriate questions given the transaction I was requesting.

Come to think of it, I had another weird experience at Citibank several months ago. I was activating my ATM card, which apparently required the expertise of a manager, and she asked me if I was just getting back from work. I said that I do not work, so she offered me a job as her assistant. I declined... I wonder what kind of vibes I must be giving off to these people!

beethovengirl said:

no...

The first banker asked to see my driver's license for identification. My address is a block away and was clearly in a new mostly owner-occupied development [the nicest homes in the immediate area]. He asked if I rented or owned my unit. When I told him I rented, he asked what my rent is, which I thought was inappropriate [I was not applying for a credit card, just upgrading my current Chase card], but I was requesting a favor, so I figured I'd tell him. When I told him, he remarked, "If you're paying that much for rent, you should buy!" This was a dumb remark b/c my rent is way less than PITI assuming 20% down payment, 30 yr fixed rate mortgage. Furthermore, when we started renting last summer, the owners said they would consider selling to us for $X. Thanks to current market conditions, they are now offering at $X-50K, and we've paid a lot less than $50K in rent.

When I told the second banker that I did not want to apply for a new credit card b/c I'm applying for a mortgage soon, he tried to sell me on Chase's mortgage products. I figured Chase's rates would not be good, so I just asked for the business card of the loan officer and said I'd talk to her later. He then asked me where I work, to which I replied that I don't work. In response, he asked [with a tone implying I'm some sort of vagrant, probably related to the fact that I was not dressed well], "Then how are you going to pay for a mortgage?!?!" again, none of his business. I thought these were inappropriate questions given the transaction I was requesting.

Come to think of it, I had another weird experience at Citibank several months ago. I was activating my ATM card, which apparently required the expertise of a manager, and she asked me if I was just getting back from work. I said that I do not work, so she offered me a job as her assistant. I declined... I wonder what kind of vibes I must be giving off to these people!

where are the pics of you?

Squeezer99 said:
where are the pics of you?

ha ha! no pics. I assume from my stories that one would assume that I look terrible?

I had physical therapy yesterday before I went to Chase the 2nd time, so I was wearing knit pants from Wal-Mart. I carry a decent purse though [which was actually a gift from a friend, who needed to use up some Saks GCs].

i've recently heard from a friend of mine that they've started converting these cards to chase freedom, is this true?

taewlee said: i've recently heard from a friend of mine that they've started converting these cards to chase freedom, is this true?

Not for me, logging into chase.com right now still says I have a Cash Plus Rewards master card.

beethovengirl said: When I told him, he remarked, "If you're paying that much for rent, you should buy!" This was a dumb remark b/c my rent is way less than PITI assuming 20% down payment, 30 yr fixed rate mortgage. Furthermore, when we started renting last summer, the owners said they would consider selling to us for $X. Thanks to current market conditions, they are now offering at $X-50K, and we've paid a lot less than $50K in rent.

When I told the second banker that I did not want to apply for a new credit card b/c I'm applying for a mortgage soon, he tried to sell me on Chase's mortgage products. I figured Chase's rates would not be good, so I just asked for the business card of the loan officer and said I'd talk to her later...

That is just standard upselling you will find at any business. My local bank teller saw that my bank balance was increasing and tried to sell me on one of their 0.5% savings accounts, obviously you know that never became anything.

I just received a letter from Chase regarding my Chase Rewards Plus M/C:

"In the past you may have earned 5 points on purchases made at superstores, warehouse clubs and discount stores. Since these merchants are not recognized as gas stations, standalone grocery stores and/or drug stores, purchases made at these stores will now earn 1 point per $1 spent instead of 5 points per $1 spent. This change will be effective with your May 2007 statement."

Heading to my local Super WalMart to buy some gift cards before my April credit card closing date.

It was fun while it lasted.

Duplicate Post.

I got that notice today for 2 Cash Plus cards and my only Reward Plus card. Bummer.

Got 3 of those notices today too.

At first I thought they were ending the program completely. Oh well, I wonder if Pathmark and Shoprite will still qualify for 5%.

I am going to test if a particular grocery store qualifies on the 5% rewards. But Chase statements are not too specific that is it doesnt break down the rewards points by qualifying purchase.
I called cs and the shoprite near me doesnt qualify.

Does Chase Rewards still do 5% back on gas stations? I'm looking for a good card to use for gas.

maddogchen said: Does Chase Rewards still do 5% back on gas stations? I'm looking for a good card to use for gas.
Yes, But you can no longer get this card

pyro123 said: I called cs and the shoprite near me doesnt qualify.How were they able to tell? Had you made a purchase there? What category did it show up under? Shoprite is definitely a supermarket.

I realize that neither "rewards plus" nor "cash plus" flavors of this card are still available...

But are people with the "cash plus" card still able to convert to the "rewards plus" flavor?

I've got a friend who buys so much gas that he'll max out the $300 in cash plus benefits before long...am therefore thinking it would make sense to get him switched over if that's still doable without a huge hassle.

TIA

billrubin said: pyro123 said: I called cs and the shoprite near me doesnt qualify.How were they able to tell? Had you made a purchase there? What category did it show up under? Shoprite is definitely a supermarket.

supermarkets no longer qualify only grocery stores suchs krogers, etc. We dont have those type of groceries stores in the nnj. i am going to test if Weis qualifies.

supermarkets most definately DO qualify...just not the superstore types like superwalmart, etc that sell food items....Here in NYC, i shop at Food Emporium, which is a chain supermarket owned by A & P (not a grocery store)...i get my 5% all the time!

You can't go by the coding, either..they usually appear as "Other" but you still get the bonus...

craig10x said: supermarkets most definately DO qualify...just not the superstore types like superwalmart, etc that sell food items....Here in NYC, i shop at Food Emporium, which is a chain supermarket owned by A & P (not a grocery store)...i get my 5% all the time!

You can't go by the coding, either..they usually appear as "Other" but you still get the bonus...

wrong.. Please read

link

My statement just closed today and as usual I got my 5% at Super Stop&Shop Supermarket, Where you can get much more that just groceries

Well, this is your MAY statement. Let's see what you'll get in JUNE...

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 135 36 37383941
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014