• 1 2 34541
  • Page
  • Text Only
EugeneV said: It could very well depend on your zip code... Did you give any information upfront?

Nope, I didn't give them anything before asking about the Cash Back offer.

Got shot down for the first time with code "Z3R"
but went through for the second time with the same code

Green for OP.

asmileguo said: EugeneV said: It could very well depend on your zip code... Did you give any information upfront?

Nope, I didn't give them anything before asking about the Cash Back offer.

But they might see your phone area code...

gomakeitreal said: nope u can't convert and get bonus
can try to read the post about $50

Actually, they told me to fax them the ad and they would apply it to the account I converted from a Freedom card. As of last week it was still not applied. I guess I can always call and apply for a new one if necessary.

xwing249 said: i3ighead said: 30,000 pts max anually or only 300 bucks CashBack

Per terms, 30,000 max points, although for 5% categories, 5 points per dollar equals 300 bucks max CashBack if all your purchases are in those categories.

Well. It turns me off that it is such a low max. I charge about 150k a year so this card wont work.

Called Today....9/27/05

$50 on HG1
$100 on Z3R

1-888-787-0329

Bummer they don't take online applications like the SonyCard and Charles Schwab Visa.

will my credit score take a hit if I have too many credit cards open?

does it help if I close the ones I dont use anymore?

call the number just now (11:30am EST), an Indian wowan answered the phone, I gave her Z3R code and she didn't know anything about the $100 bonus.

i'm calling now. Z3R gives me $100. The CSR is reaing the terms and conditions now

My feeling is that maybe these CSR didn't correctly get the letter "Z"; I said "Z like zoo" this time.

asmileguo said: My feeling is that maybe these CSR didn't correctly get the letter "Z"; I said "Z like zoo" this time.

In most countries except for the US Z - is not pronounced ZEE but ZED

Moosy said: asmileguo said: My feeling is that maybe these CSR didn't correctly get the letter "Z"; I said "Z like zoo" this time.

In most countries except for the US Z - is not pronounced ZEE but ZED

A nice good-to-know

z0mb13 said: will my credit score take a hit if I have too many credit cards open?

Apparently, closing accounts hurts your credit score because it's better to have long term accounts. I don't understand it fully, I know I used to close old accounts that I did not need.

i am not understanding fully either.
opening new account hurt credit score b/t it lowers the average age of ur credit accounts. but doesn't closing new accounts (after prom) elevates the average age back up? so what hurts credit score when closing *new* accounts?

billrubin said: z0mb13 said: will my credit score take a hit if I have too many credit cards open?

Apparently, closing accounts hurts your credit score because it's better to have long term accounts. I don't understand it fully, I know I used to close old accounts that I did not need.

so basically closing OLD accounts can hurt your score.. so if I open this and close it after I get the $100 then I am fine, right?

Just got my card today Used different ad a few weeks ago.

asmileguo said: i'm calling now. Z3R gives me $100. The CSR is reaing the terms and conditions now

And reading, and reading, and reading... zzzz. Man, I asked her if she had to drink a gallon of water a day after reading all those T&C's to everyone that applied. I had to put the phone down until she stopped. Nice CSR though, thanks OP!

Anyone knows how long it takes for the bonus points post to the account after making first purchase?

After receiving my latest statement from citi dividend... and realizing how much $$ in groceries/gas we spent.. I'm in for card #2 that gets 5% for "everyday" spending (+ $100 to prime the pump). The $300 limit projects to disappear in just over a half year, for us.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I converted my Chase TravelPlus card to the Chase Cash Plus card and then last month after reading this thread called to have the bonus points for getting this card added. I gave them the code for the 10,000 points/$100 bonus but today I received 5000 points/$50 bonus instead. I'm not going to complain, however, seeing as this is very unusual to get any bonus for a product conversion. Just wanted to give everyone the heads up.

JC

I called and Linda is reading my the T&C right now...Zzzz...

I used HG1. Thanks OP!

glocks said: After receiving my latest statement from citi dividend... and realizing how much $$ in groceries/gas we spent.. I'm in for card #2 that gets 5% for "everyday" spending (+ $100 to prime the pump). The $300 limit projects to disappear in just over a half year, for us.

If by 'us' you have another adult in your household, why not have that person also get a card for the 2nd half of the year?

z0mb13 said: so basically closing OLD accounts can hurt your score.. so if I open this and close it after I get the $100 then I am fine, right ?b/c of the Hard Inquiry, you will temporarily lose 3-4 FICO points for 7 months. Grab the $100 unless you are buying a house next month.

Alcibiades said: z0mb13 said: so basically closing OLD accounts can hurt your score.. so if I open this and close it after I get the $100 then I am fine, right ?b/c of the Hard Inquiry, you will temporarily lose 3-4 FICO points for 7 months. Grab the $100 unless you are buying a house next month.

I recently got a Chase w/$100 bonus and a Citi AA w/15,000 bonus miles (gets me a free ticket). Now I want a AMEX Delta w/20,000 miles to get me a free ticket (already have 10000 miles from that silly game they ran several months ago).

Question: Is there any negative effect to keep applying for more of these bonus deals in the next week, other than a temporarily lower FICO (which I don't care about since my FICO is already ~770 and I don't plan to buy a home in the next year)? I'm thinking of going for the $100 Citi deal at least, and so far my hard inq's are spread out on the different credit agencies.

What if I get rejected for a CC, is that somehow tracked in my credit history (other than the hard inq?)

You are lowering your average length of credit line with each new card. Don't know how they figure this but a large number of newlines can only hurt.

OTOH, if you have a large number of older CLs I doubt it's worth obsessing about.

PS: Keep an eye out for offers for creditprotector on AA card - especially if you don't use it like me.

PPS: Have not heard of any rejection tracking/score interaction.

I just signed up for this card on chase.com and didn't see this thread about any Cash Back on first purchase.. Will they honor if I call Chase once I recieve it? Has anyone done this?

VzwSpiker said: I just signed up for this card on chase.com and didn't see this thread about any Cash Back on first purchase.. Will they honor if I call Chase once I recieve it? Has anyone done this?

Doubtful but worth a shot. Check Fatwallet before applying next time! Also check your Sunday newspaper.

VzwSpiker said: I just signed up for this card on chase.com and didn't see this thread about any Cash Back on first purchase.. Will they honor if I call Chase once I recieve it? Has anyone done this?

I would try to call them and see what they say. More than likely you won't get the 10,000 point credit. Good luck!

I applied for the schwab and sony visa back in june in my parents name but got denied because they have no credit history at all. They have moved to US this year only and hence have no credit history at all. I then got them a secondary card by making them an authorized user on my cc account to help them build credit history. I also got them a primary user cc through the credit union where they have a sizable deposit. I have used the card a couple of times only since then. Do you think they now have some credit history to apply for this deal in their name.

got it.
used Z3R, got 10,000 points.
thanks,OP.
0%APR and BT for 15 or 3 months.
$75 max transaction fee.

How do you know you got the points $100?

Is there an online place where you can check your points?

Haydee177 said: How do you know you got the points $100?

Yes, it is www.choosemyrewards.com. You must register your card via the website, and after that everything is tracked for you.

quiznut1 said: Haydee177 said: How do you know you got the points $100?

Yes, it is www.choosemyrewards.com. You must register your card via the website, and after that everything is tracked for you.

Looks suspicious. What's the company running this site, may I ask?

Technical Contact:
Domain Administrator, Domain@bankone.com
201 N. Walnut Street
DE1-0175
Wilmington, DE 19801
US
(PHONE) 6142485800

Administrative Contact:
201 N. Walnut Street
DE1-0175
Wilmington, DE 19801
US
(PHONE) 6142485800

Zone Contact:
201 N. Walnut Street
DE1-0175
Wilmington, DE 19801
US
(PHONE) 6142485800

Registrant:
Bank One N.A.
201 N Walnut Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
US

Domain: CHOOSEMYREWARDS.COM
Registrar: DomainBank.com

Record created on 2003-04-17
Record expires on 2007-04-17
Database last updated Tue Oct 04 10:43:39 EDT 2005

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1-AUTH.SPRINTLINK.NET
NS2-AUTH.SPRINTLINK.NET
NS3-AUTH.SPRINTLINK.NET

asmileguo said: quiznut1 said: Haydee177 said: How do you know you got the points $100?

Looks suspicious. What's the company running this site, may I ask?

They've been sending me checks (via Bank One) for 2 years. The checks have never bounced, so I believe they are legit

Edit: BTW I usually receive the checks in 2-4 days, every time I'm surprised at how quickly they arrive.

Do you have to make a payment first, or just purchases? It won't even let me make an account on choosemyreward.com.. says invalid billing zip code. There a help number for this service?

Haydee177 said: Do you have to make a payment first, or just purchases? It won't even let me make an account on choosemyreward.com.. says invalid billing zip code. There a help number for this service?you have to wait for your statement before you can register.

I use HG1 too. Thanks OP.

scripta said: Haydee177 said: Do you have to make a payment first, or just purchases? It won't even let me make an account on choosemyreward.com.. says invalid billing zip code. There a help number for this service?you have to wait for your statement before you can register.

Yes, I got my first statement yesterday (10,000 bonus points!). Just enrolled and ordered 2 $50 checks. Easy money.

My wife called yesterday to apply for a HG1

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 1 2 34541
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014