• 12 3 4541
  • Page
  • Text Only
I just got my card (apply by web), my question is how do you ask for the $100 Cash Back? Do you have to make a first purchase and then call them and ask for the bonus Cash Back with code HG1 or do you call them after you get your first bill???

Please help...thanks,

chuzzlewit said: scripta said: Haydee177 said: Do you have to make a payment first, or just purchases? It won't even let me make an account on choosemyreward.com.. says invalid billing zip code. There a help number for this service?you have to wait for your statement before you can register.

Yes, I got my first statement yesterday (10,000 bonus points!). Just enrolled and ordered 2 $50 checks. Easy money.

My wife called yesterday to apply for a HG1

I just got my card (apply by web), my question is how do you ask for the $100 Cash Back? Do you have to make a first purchase and then call them and ask for the bonus Cash Back with code HG1 or do you call them after you get your first bill???

Please help...thanks,

turbo4182 said: I just got my card (apply by web), my question is how do you ask for the $100 Cash Back? Do you have to make a first purchase and then call them and ask for the bonus Cash Back with code HG1 or do you call them after you get your first bill???

Please help...thanks,

They don't offer apply by web for the $100 bonus, so forget about it.

Don't forget the double reward

Agree. Why did you apply on the web site? Try call Chase CSR and see can you get the bonus 10,000 points. Good Luck.

chuzzlewit said: They don't offer apply by web for the $100 bonus, so forget about it.

nomansland said: Don't forget the double reward

Correct link

turbo4182 said: I just got my card (apply by web), my question is how do you ask for the $100 Cash Back? Do you have to make a first purchase and then call them and ask for the bonus Cash Back with code HG1 or do you call them after you get your first bill???

Please help...thanks,

You can call them before the activation. If rejected, CALL to apply another card with the promotion code.

tgif777 said: nomansland said: Don't forget the double reward

Correct link

Hehe, caught me before I updated it

I have Chase Cash Reard card but when I entered my info., I got this message. Anyone tried yet?

"Your card is not eligible for this promotion but you may already have a reward program on your credit card. Please visit the website on the back of your card or call the number on the back of your card for more details.

Thank you for choosing Chase! "

Did you mean the double reward site?

It would appear that the only benefit to the Chase "love the double" promo with this case is an extra 1% on restaurant purchases. Is that the case? We're not going to get 6% on any of the other bonus categories, will we?

BTW, I finally managed to get Chase to give me the 10,000 point bonus on a converted account. I had been told to fax it after they converted, and I did but that didn't work, so I emailed them and they said I had to give the code at the time I applied. I told them that I was told to fax it and did so, and much to my surprise they gave me the points.

I have not receive my card yet. Anyone else can confirm if this card qualifies the double reward?

Apparently there are couple kinds of Cash Reward card from Chase.

The one that had been discussed on this board is the Chase Cash Plus

Double rewards are for Chase Flexible Rewards, Chase Free Cash Rewards, Chase PerfectCard.

billrubin said: It would appear that the only benefit to the Chase "love the double" promo with this case is an extra 1% on restaurant purchases. Is that the case? We're not going to get 6% on any of the other bonus categories, will we?

BTW, I finally managed to get Chase to give me the 10,000 point bonus on a converted account. I had been told to fax it after they converted, and I did but that didn't work, so I emailed them and they said I had to give the code at the time I applied. I told them that I was told to fax it and did so, and much to my surprise they gave me the points.

Did you actually get a statement or some other proof showing the 10K points, or are you going by what a CSR said? Big difference.

chuzzlewit said: Did you actually get a statement or some other proof showing the 10K points, or are you going by what a CSR said? Big difference.
I have email, but unlike when you get this from a phone CSR, this time I have it in writing. And they said they had added them. No one else had ever said they would give them to me.

billrubin said: chuzzlewit said: Did you actually get a statement or some other proof showing the 10K points, or are you going by what a CSR said? Big difference.
I have email, but unlike when you get this from a phone CSR, this time I have it in writing. And they said they had added them. No one else had ever said they would give them to me.

billrubin, how much total time did you spend trying to get the $100? How many phone calls, emails, etc? Did you email a specific person or just their general support? Thanks for the specifics, I would like to determine if it's worth the trouble.

dumb question?

Is the $50 Cash Plus Rewards Check a regular check? I never used this reward program before.

dumb question:

If I didn't activate the card, will there be any negtive consequence other than losing the $100 bonus?

nomansland said:
You can call them before the activation. If rejected, CALL to apply another card with the promotion code.

DoNotDo said: dumb question: If I didn't activate the card, will there be any negtive consequence other than losing the $100 bonus?

Well, your card is going to show up on your credit report anyway and your credit report has already got a hard pull. Why not activate it?

I also wanted to convert my PerfectCard to Cash Plus Rewards. I called 3 times:

1. CSR said I could convert. I asked about the bonus. CSR put me on hold a few minutes (probably to ask supervisor), then told me I could not get the bonus. I tried to give her the code, but she insisted I could not get the bonus.
2. CSR said it was not possible to convert PerfectCard to Cash Plus Rewards.
3. Same as #1.

On the third call, I decided to go ahead and convert my account, even though I wouldn't get the bonus.

BillRubin, I am also interested in who you emailed to get the 10k bonus. I will try as well seeing that you were successful.

I just emailed them from the website. However, I am fairly sure that the information about them telling me to fax in the offer was in my file because they had said they would put it there. If you were to try it without having that in there, they would likely know.

Just got my CC in mail. However, it does NOT mention the $100 bonus(I used Z3R when applying). Maybe I have to call to confirm it later.

It states that the 0 APR for purchase and BT will last for 15 billing cycles. I don't know exactly when the "15 billing cycles" will expire, since it says that " one billing cycle is APPROXIMATELY one calendar month in length".

Anyway, a good deal. Thanks OP.

chuzzlewit said: Yes, I got my first statement yesterday (10,000 bonus points!). Just enrolled and ordered 2 $50 checks. Easy money.

My wife called yesterday to apply for a HG1

The first statement is supposed to include the 10k bonus points? I got my first statement (electronically at least) and it mentions nothing about 10k, but doesnt the offer say 4-6 weeks?

Is that anywhere to check if I am approved?

Thanks

Chase sent me a mailer (on a rarely used card) encouraging me to "add Cash Plus Rewards to your Chase card",
call 1-888-688-9755 by October 31, 2005. The mailer also encouraged me to "trade your card for one that suits you better. And get the rewards you want. Choose from over 900 Chase cards" "call the number on the back of your Chase card".

Finally, they offered an increased credit line which to keep I would have to charge $750/mo for each billing period with a closing date in Oct, Nov and Dec or the line would be reduced back down.

Cash Plus Rewards is 5% Cash Back for every eligible $1 you spend at grocery stores, gas stations and drugstores
1% Cash Back on eligible purchases you make anywhere else.

Max Cash Back is $300 annually

Yes, I followed the double reward link.

tgif777 said: Did you mean the double reward site?

dealTracer said: Just got my CC in mail. However, it does NOT mention the $100 bonus(I used Z3R when applying). Maybe I have to call to confirm it later.

It states that the 0 APR for purchase and BT will last for 15 billing cycles. I don't know exactly when the "15 billing cycles" will expire, since it says that " one billing cycle is APPROXIMATELY one calendar month in length".

I applied with Z3R. I just received my first bill and it shows my 10000 point reward for first purchase. When I received the card in the mail, it did not mention the $100 offer. So I just waited it out and luckily I won't have to call to ask for my reward.

chuzzlewit said: Did you actually get a statement or some other proof showing the 10K points, or are you going by what a CSR said? Big difference.
My statement has closed and I did get the bonus points. I didn't get any extra points for my restaurant purchase on the "love the double" promotion I was supposed to have had on the account, but I think I will leave well enought alone.

Now to figure out where to order my $50 checks.

fanofthetimes said: dealTracer said: Just got my CC in mail. However, it does NOT mention the $100 bonus(I used Z3R when applying). Maybe I have to call to confirm it later.

I applied with Z3R. I just received my first bill and it shows my 10000 point reward for first purchase. When I received the card in the mail, it did not mention the $100 offer. So I just waited it out and luckily I won't have to call to ask for my reward.

So the FIRST statement should be showing the bonus?

thanks

billrubin said:
My statement has closed and I did get the bonus points. I didn't get any extra points for my restaurant purchase on the "love the double" promotion I was supposed to have had on the account, but I think I will leave well enought alone.

Now to figure out where to order my $50 checks.

Are you sure this card works with love the double? I've tried 3 cards and none of them are elligible.

Before and after I converted it from the Freedom card, the LTD website confirmed that it qualified. And I was told it would still qualify so long as the website said it did.

horserider said: Is that anywhere to check if I am approved?

Thanks

Took this from another thread. "1-888-338-2586 Enter your SSN for automated response."

thanks

Thanks.
I called and someone answered the phone.
pending!

tgif777 said: horserider said: Is that anywhere to check if I am approved?

Thanks

Took this from another thread. "1-888-338-2586 Enter your SSN for automated response."

I am very glad to see the 10K bonus on the first online statement. Was not able to get double points on anything though. Oh well...

I forgot to think about how to get the hundred bucks....thanks to someone just mentioned here.

I saw a similar offer with code: HF9
anyone tried it?

Called this morning and used the HG1 code. Had to ask to get the promo points figure. 10,000 points. Cannot believe they spent at least 5 minutes reading me the terms and conditions on rates. Glad I pay off my outstanding balance monthly so I could ignore whatever it was she said. Took 17 minutes to do the application in total. No wonder they are using India for taking applications over the phone. Would have done this via the web if they gave the 10,000 points this way.

Took only 3 days to get my 2 $50 checks! This deal rocks. Will close and apply again by Oct 31 for another $100. Also waiting for my wife's $100 too. I hope Chase offers this again in the near future

chuzzlewit said: Took only 3 days to get my 2 $50 checks! This deal rocks. Will close and apply again by Oct 31 for another $100. Also waiting for my wife's $100 too. I hope Chase offers this again in the near future
Why don't you leave it open? Closing accounts so quickly can't be good for your credit score, and if Chase sees people doing stuff like that they will be less likely to offer such generous bonuses in the future.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 12 3 4541
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.