• 14 5 67841
  • Page
  • Text Only
Does anyone know who is the sponsor of the HG1 offer? The phone number listed on the ad scan does not appear in the Chase.com website. Are all these offers in the newspaper legitimately from Chase?

masamfigblu said: Does anyone know who is the sponsor of the HG1 offer? The phone number listed on the ad scan does not appear in the Chase.com website. Are all these offers in the newspaper legitimately from Chase?

Why should they appear on the Chase website? My guess is that they set up this toll free number for this promotion. Next promotion they'll have another toll free number. Sure they're legimately from Chase. I have seen Chase ads in the coupon flyers every other week for months. Last week was the promo code I posted. There was one the week before for 5,000 points. I have a Chase Card and my new card number shows up at signon. Chase is competing with Citi which has their 5% Cash Back card and Citi also owns the AT&T 5% Cash Back card. Why wouldn't they be legitimately from Chase? JPMorgan Chase which was itself a merger merged with First USA. Both of these companies before their merger were HUGE credit card issuers. Now the combined entity has an even bigger credit card division. These are HUGE multi-multi-billion banking entities. JPMorgan Chase has assets of almost 1 trillion dollars.

masamfigblu said: Does anyone know who is the sponsor of the HG1 offer? The phone number listed on the ad scan does not appear in the Chase.com website. Are all these offers in the newspaper legitimately from Chase?

Who else would be giving out $100 bills in the name of Chase? Aliens? Whoever they may be, thanks for the $300

Thanks, Mathfaster. Since you say the new card number shows up when you log into Chase, that is probably the first clue that it is legit. Guess I should jump on these while they are available. Sorry I was a little paranoid, since there is a lot of personal info given to an unseen person over the phone when you apply. Just want to be sure it is not to someone just out to get everyone's personal info.

I was not questioning Chase's legitimacy, just that of the newspaper ad.

masamfigblu said: Thanks, Mathfaster. Since you say the new card number shows up when you log into Chase, that is probably the first clue that it is legit. Guess I should jump on these while they are available. Sorry I was a little paranoid, since there is a lot of personal info given to an unseen person over the phone when you apply. Just want to be sure it is not to someone just out to get everyone's personal info.

I was not questioning Chase's legitimacy, just that of the newspaper ad.


If you hadn't seen the ad in the coupon flyers like the myself and the others I guess I might be cautious. Given the phished websites and outright scams that are out there your caution is understandable. It would be a heck of scam if the ads weren't legit.

Now that I think about it, after seeing the ads in the coupon section of the newspaper week after week, if it was not legit, there would have been many complaints. And if there were complaints, Chase would have taken some sort of action. So, it sounds like the real deal. Besides, I see here that Chuzzlewit is happy with the promotions.

$100 offer was again in Sunday's Chicago tribune, except it had been extended to November 30th.

thanx OP! just got 1.. i was trying to use MG0 but the CSR said it's not updated in their system.. and told me he can give me a similar offer.. 16 minutes..

jkimcpa said: mathfaster said: jkimcpa said: oh em gee...I just spent 18 minutes on the phone appling, half of which was dedicated to reading me the disclaimer.

Which is why they use Indian application processors. You'd think the web would be cheaper for them but NO you have to go via the phone application process to get your 10,000 points. I spent 17 minutes and then had to ask what the points were for the promotion code to make sure I was getting 10,000 and not 5,000. I COULD NOT BELIEVE they would spend that much time reading me the fine print. She had to ask if I was still there when she had finished the fine print litany.


I have a theory that they make you call to calculate efficiency of using the indian call center.


I think Chase has a perverse sense of humor. They read you all that fine print BECAUSE they are going to give you $100 dollars. If not for the $100 I cannot imagine anyone spending 15-20 minutes to apply for a credit card in the internet age. At least not Fat Wallet members. They WANT you to hangup and apply via the web and miss out on the $100. India makes it cheap for them to do so.

P.S. I got my cards in the mail today 10/27. Applied 10/16.

Could you please be so nice to post the scan of ad which extended the deadline to Nov 30th? Thanks a lot!


DAKn2 said: $100 offer was again in Sunday's Chicago tribune, except it had been extended to November 30th.

So what's the number to call for the new offer? Someone mentioned Chase changes toll-free number for new offers. Is this true?

dushyant said: I applied for chess card n got approved. However, I did not use the code. What should I do? Any suggestion plz....
You need to apply for the Checkers card to get the bonus.

mathfaster said: I think Chase has a perverse sense of humor. They read you all that fine print BECAUSE they are going to give you $100 dollars. If not for the $100 I cannot imagine anyone spending 15-20 minutes to apply for a credit card in the internet age. At least not Fat Wallet members. They WANT you to hangup and apply via the web and miss out on the $100. India makes it cheap for them to do so.
I think the people who make these decisions really have no idea what their customers go through, or they figure that people do not care about going through the process. Do you honestly think that the execs who decide to outsource the application work to India have ever called to apply for a card? They probably just get some Chase card as part of their employment package. And they probably consider it easier to call than do it online.

Now, it would be interesting to see if they tracked how long it took to apply by phone with India vs. a US call center, BUT the India folks may be so much cheaper that it doesn't matter. And your time is worth nothing to them. But I doubt they do it intentionally to get people to hang up, since at that point there is a chance you WON'T apply online, costing them a customer (although you could make the case for that when it comes to Indian customer service.. grrrrrr....).

I just received my statement showing the 10,000 points. I called customer service to get a check cut back to me for the $100. The CSR told me that they only send out GC's and certificates. I then went to FW and read about the website choosemyrewards.com and signed up expecting to be able to choose to get a check sent to me. But there were only GC on the website.

How is everyone getting their $100 back in cash/check form? I really don't have any interest in the GCs.


BTW, First post, non-member for a few months. LOVE the site, love the people. Its like I moved to a community of smart, friendly, frugal people, and I fit right in. Group hug anyone? jk

billrubin said: mathfaster said: I think Chase has a perverse sense of humor. They read you all that fine print BECAUSE they are going to give you $100 dollars. If not for the $100 I cannot imagine anyone spending 15-20 minutes to apply for a credit card in the internet age. At least not Fat Wallet members. They WANT you to hangup and apply via the web and miss out on the $100. India makes it cheap for them to do so.
I think the people who make these decisions really have no idea what their customers go through, or they figure that people do not care about going through the process. Do you honestly think that the execs who decide to outsource the application work to India have ever called to apply for a card? They probably just get some Chase card as part of their employment package. And they probably consider it easier to call than do it online.

Now, it would be interesting to see if they tracked how long it took to apply by phone with India vs. a US call center, BUT the India folks may be so much cheaper that it doesn't matter. And your time is worth nothing to them. But I doubt they do it intentionally to get people to hang up, since at that point there is a chance you WON'T apply online, costing them a customer (although you could make the case for that when it comes to Indian customer service.. grrrrrr....).


My remarks were tongue-in-cheek. However, I work in IT and most of my colleagues are being terminated and the work going to India.

FivSpeed said: I just received my statement showing the 10,000 points. I called customer service to get a check cut back to me for the $100. The CSR told me that they only send out GC's and certificates. I then went to FW and read about the website choosemyrewards.com and signed up expecting to be able to choose to get a check sent to me. But there were only GC on the website.

How is everyone getting their $100 back in cash/check form? I really don't have any interest in the GCs.


BTW, First post, non-member for a few months. LOVE the site, love the people. Its like I moved to a community of smart, friendly, frugal people, and I fit right in. Group hug anyone? jk


I called 2 days ago. the CSR sent out 2 $50 cash checks.

FivSpeed said: I then went to FW and read about the website choosemyrewards.com and signed up expecting to be able to choose to get a check sent to me. But there were only GC on the website.
I just logged on and found "$50 Cash Plus Rewards Check" available. That is what you want. If you are not seeing it available to you, maybe you have a different card. You do have the Cash Plus Rewards card, right?

billrubin said: FivSpeed said: I then went to FW and read about the website choosemyrewards.com and signed up expecting to be able to choose to get a check sent to me. But there were only GC on the website.
I just logged on and found "$50 Cash Plus Rewards Check" available. That is what you want. If you are not seeing it available to you, maybe you have a different card. You do have the Cash Plus Rewards card, right?


Yes, I have my statement here in front of me.

Just ordered my 2 $50 check. Thanks OP for the deal!

Well, I'm either blind or they were added since I looked this morning...I did just get new contacts two weeks ago. But the CSR did give me the story that I could only get gift cards when I called this morning. I don't know if I'm allowed to give his full CSR name, but then again, I doubt it was his real name....James Wagner. His English was not so good...possibly not from around these parts (ha ha). I called at 9:30ish am Eastern time.

My girlfriend is having problems too. She signed up using the same codes as me and they only gave her 5,000 points on her statement.

Anyways, thanks everyone who responded or was going to. I feel much better knowing the checks are on their way. Thanks FW!!

FivSpeed said: Well, I'm either blind or they were added since I looked this morning...I did just get new contacts two weeks ago. But the CSR did give me the story that I could only get gift cards when I called this morning. I don't know if I'm allowed to give his full CSR name, but then again, I doubt it was his real name....James Wagner. His English was not so good...possibly not from around these parts (ha ha). I called at 9:30ish am Eastern time.

My girlfriend is having problems too. She signed up using the same codes as me and they only gave her 5,000 points on her statement.

Anyways, thanks everyone who responded or was going to. I feel much better knowing the checks are on their way. Thanks FW!!


Umm...forgot to mention that after your replies, I did find them on the website. Sorry for all the posts.

There is another benefit to this card BESIDES the $100 cash. It is the 0% APR on purchases for 12 months. Put all your purchases on this card. Pay the monthly minimum. Put the payments you would have made in Emigrant Direct at 4% until you pay off the balance in month 12. Not only do you earn 5% on everyday purchases and 1% on everything else and the $100 cash bonus, but you're pocketing 4% on an annual basis (or close to it with the monthly minimum). See MyMoneyBlog for how to maximize a 0% card where they do not have BT fees like this card. Even so, the 0% on purchases plus the Cash Back is too good to pass up. Just don't miss a monthly payment with this method.

Another trick - credit goes to MyMoneyBlog - is to buy gift cards from the supermarket. This way you get 5% back on the gift card purchase instead of 1%. The credit card company doesn't know you bought gift cards and not groceries. Just as you can buy groceries, etc. at the Drugstore and get 5% back as long as the merchant is coded as a Drugstore with the credit card company.

mathfaster said: Just don't miss a monthly payment with this method.
Chase has an autopay feature now. Just sign up for that and you do not have to worry about missing a payment. I have it set to pay in full but I assume they are happy to let you have it pay the minimum instead.

The $50 cheques are there, but not very obvious. When you first come in to the choosemyrewards.com website, all that was listed (at least at first glance) for me was gift certificates.

I used their "search" function at the top of the screen and used the term "cash" and then was able to see it.

I ordered two $50 cheques but received one about 1 week later for $100.00.

Overall it was a pretty good deal and seems to be a good card. My appreciation to those who posted regarding this!


A bit off topic: For anyone who used this card for the 5% grocery discount... Have you encountered roughly the same merchants who qualify/do not qualify as with Citi Cards?

We use Peapod home delivery for groceries and have never been able to get the 5% with CITI (even after complaining on the phone to the thankyourewards guys).

If anyone has tried this under this circumstance... any information will be appreciated.

I will likely make a few trial purchases and report back if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Constantine said: For anyone who used this card for the 5% grocery discount... Have you encountered roughly the same merchants who qualify/do not qualify as with Citi Cards?

For Wal-Mart purchases, Citi give u sometimes 1% sometimes 5% (same store). Chase Cash Plus seems give u 5% straight according to another FWer's report.

bolidew said: For Wal-Mart purchases, Citi give u sometimes 1% sometimes 5% (same store). Chase Cash Plus seems give u 5% straight according to another FWer's report.
Isn't that Super Wal-Mart, not regular Wal-Mart???

I apply for the card a while ago for the 0% balance transfer and never used it since.
After reading some of this thread, I wrote to customer service and ask for the detail of the 5%.
Here is the reply :

With the Chase Cash Reward Plus card, customers can
earn up to 5% Cash Back on "everyday" purchases including
gasoline, supermarket, home improvement, and Drugstore
charges. All other purchases can earn up to 2% Cash Back.

The rebate earned is affected by your amount of annual
spending. The amount of annual spending for "everyday"
and other purchases is calculated separately.

If you pay off your statement in full each month or leave
a revolving balance, from the opening date or anniversary
date of your account, your purchases earn rebates in the
following amounts:

* The first $2000.00 in "everyday" purchases earn 0.50%
rebate.
* When your annual spending is between $2000.01 and
$6000.00, purchases will earn 1.00% rebate.
* Once your annual spending equals $6000.01 or more,
purchases will be earning a 3.00% rebate.

If you leave a revolving balance for each statement, you
can earn an extra 2% rebate for everyday purchases, giving
you up to 5% Cash Back.

For all other purchases, rebates will be as follows:

Annual spending of $0.01 to $2000.00 = 0.25% rebate
$2000.01 to $6000.00 = 0.50% rebate
$6000.01 and greater = 1.50% rebate

By leaving a revolving balance on your account, you can
earn an extra 0.50% for up to 2% Cash Back.

Customers can call to order a check after earning at least
$25.00. Partial checks cannot be ordered. The full
amount of the award is sent when the cardholder orders the
check. There is no cap for the amount of rebates earned.
Cash Back rewards do not expire. Unredeemed awards are
forfeited when the account is closed.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.


Hope this help .

I think that's a different card. The card from this deal is 1% on everything else, not a tier.

Yes. I think it's also a different card or at least different terms. Read the other threads. There are threads from June that talk about tiers.

P.S. In response to a post that was two up from this one that now seems to have disappeared.

Exactly how long ago did you apply? I just got a letter from Chase along with a brochure with the details. While I cannot find the brochure, I found the letter in the trash and it clearly states

As a Cash Plus Rewards Cardmember, you will earn 5 points per dollar on gasoline, supermarket, and Drugstore purchases and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases."

Welcome to Fatwallet. I would like to give you a piece of valuable advice. If you step into an existing thread, and after dozens of posts it appears that you have found an error that no one else caught, the odds are somewhere approaching 100% that you are the one who is wrong.

And as someone else pointed out, this is the Cash Plus Rewards card, not the Cash Rewards Plus.

billrubin said: Exactly how long ago did you apply? I just got a letter from Chase along with a brochure with the details. While I cannot find the brochure, I found the letter in the trash and it clearly states

As a Cash Plus Rewards Cardmember, you will earn 5 points per dollar on gasoline, supermarket, and Drugstore purchases and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases."

Welcome to Fatwallet. I would like to give you a piece of valuable advice. If you step into an existing thread, and after dozens of posts it appears that you have found an error that no one else caught, the odds are somewhere approaching 100% that you are the one who is wrong.

And as someone else pointed out, this is the Cash Plus Rewards card, not the Cash Rewards Plus.



LOL, very true

Received my 2 x 50.00 reward checks today. Can't say thanks enough to this fw finance crowd that posted the Chase Cash Reward Plus 100 bonus codes, thank you!!

could not sign up rewards at Chase's www.choosemyrewards.com web site after having card for 1 month. so i call CSR at the back of the card and ask them to mail 2 x $50 Home Depot gift cards (for 10,000 points that I have). whole process took 5 minutes, it seems to work. i used HG1 for the offer code when I originally signed up by phone. thanks OP and FW.

How long do I have to wait until I can sign up for choosemyrewards.com?

You have to wait until you have a statement that has rewards on it.

was anyone able (and nice enough) to scan the Chicago paper's ad reiterating the $100 bonus extended to end of November? (which code was that, again, BTW?)

Citibank rewards drop from 5% to 1% after a year, for grocery stores and gas stations. How about these cards?

jaashuab said: Citibank rewards drop from 5% to 1% after a year, for grocery stores and gas stations. How about these cards?
No, it doesn't. Where did you get that idea???

billrubin said: jaashuab said: Citibank rewards drop from 5% to 1% after a year, for grocery stores and gas stations. How about these cards?
No, it doesn't. Where did you get that idea???


Reading the Term and Conditions on the application form online.

"Unless you are participating in a limited-time promotional offer, you will earn five ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend on purchases at supermarkets, drugstores and gas stations for twelve months from date you became a cardmember and one ThankYou Point for every dollar you spend on other purchases. After twelve months you will earn one ThankYou Point on all purchases. Supermarkets are defined as stand–alone merchants that primarily sell a complete line of food merchandise for home consumption. Drugstores are defined as stand–alone merchants that primarily sell prescription and proprietary drugs and non–prescription (over–the–counter) medicines. Gas Stations are defined as merchants that primarily sell vehicle fuel for consumer use."

"Unless you are participating in a limited-time promotional offer, you will earn five ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend on purchases at supermarkets, drugstores and gas stations for twelve months from date you became a cardmember and one ThankYou Point for every dollar you spend on other purchases. After twelve months you will earn one ThankYou Point on all purchases. Supermarkets are defined as stand–alone merchants that primarily sell a complete line of food merchandise for home consumption. Drugstores are defined as stand–alone merchants that primarily sell prescription and proprietary drugs and non–prescription (over–the–counter) medicines. Gas Stations are defined as merchants that primarily sell vehicle fuel for consumer use."

  • Archived From: ForumsFinance

  • 14 5 67841
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014