Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Sharebuilder FAQ and Promotion thread

17 of 39
g10ny
8/28/06 12:49 PM
Each time I opened a Sharebuilder account, a soft pull showed up on EQF. Nothing more than that.
bubblegum404
8/31/06 1:33 PM

Yes, I think. Even though I was trying to use some of my "free" transactions, I got it for trying to invest $4 in a couple of my accounts that were Basic, but not in Standard mode, ie in standard I added to my investment $4 brkh b; but not the 2 basic accounts. Try $5!

Wow thanks for the speedy reply! You're right, that worked perfectly. Stupid me! I look forward to Tuesday
mejensen1
8/31/06 1:43 PM
Yes, I think. Even though I was trying to use some of my "free" transactions, I got it for trying to invest $4 in a couple of my accounts that were Basic, but not in Standard mode, ie in standard I added to my investment $4 brkh b; but not the 2 basic accounts. Try $5!
mejensen1
9/7/06 10:28 PM
I have three Sharebuilder accounts under one umbrella.

My first account which came from a HouseHold Bank promo (found the code on the internet after a search) was just awarded $50; I think I will put it in my bank account in a couple of days to avoid the $4 for a Tuesday daily cost averaging deposit. However, I was given a free realtime market award so could "invest it", but I might as well use the free non-expiring commission to sell my $100 grubstate when the time comes.

My second account is based on my Costco memebership and I just received $65; my "free" investments expire at the end of September, so will add it to my Bershire Hathaway B stock, I think.

My third account was awarded or it awareded to my Continental FF account, 2000 FF miles. However, I have some commisionless trades, 4, that don't expire until the end of March. I might transfer the Costco grubstake to this account eventually using the equity tranfer function.
g10ny
9/8/06 11:16 AM
For some reason, Sallie Mae code cannot be used on the ShareBuilder site.
mejensen1
9/8/06 11:50 AM
g10ny said:

For some reason, Sallie Mae code cannot be used on the ShareBuilder site.

Some codes seem to work as codes that you simply enter, others may exist as codes but you need to enter into a Sharebuilder acct setup from a specific sponsoring site.

the HH code was that, but the costco codes were really required to be enter from a costco site
g10ny
9/8/06 9:16 PM
$30 and a free guide to long term investing from PaTelCo. Expires 12/31/06.
felid
9/13/06 10:10 AM
I know this is a stupid question, but can anyone help me a bit? Thanks

I made an Automatic Investing with no fee. But how can I sell it? Real-time trading costs $14 something, right?
g10ny
9/13/06 10:19 AM
Your question is not in the scope of this thread, we're only dealing with bonuses here
Frankly, unless you buy a bigger slice of share, why bother for $3 or $1? You're right, the cost would be counterproductive!

Just wait for the bonus to show up (1 month), withdraw it, etc etc.
felid
9/13/06 2:05 PM
Thanks, g10ny!
I was thinking of that...

g10ny said:

Your question is not in the scope of this thread, we're only dealing with bonuses here
Frankly, unless you buy a bigger slice of share, why bother for $3 or $1? You're right, the cost would be counterproductive!

Just wait for the bonus to show up (1 month), withdraw it, etc etc.

17 of 39
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.