• Text Only
And this is my good-bye gift for this thread:

$50 offer thru Household/Orchard, expires 12/31/06:
obhome50

BTW, thanks again OP for the free money I got thanks to your initiative!

Hmmm...

Opened account 1 in March, got bonus.

Opened account 2 (new user ID) in July, got bonus.

Opened account 3 (another new user ID) in August, got bonus.

Opened new account under same user ID as account 2 in October. Now have "multiple accounts, you got pwned" message on account 2 and only account 2. I haven't tried actually taking any actions in any of the accounts, but my newest account is due to fund and buy some stock on Tuesday. I wonder if 1) that'll happen; 2) I'll get a bonus on that account (unlikely); or 3) the restrictions, whatever they are, will be applied to my other accounts. Curious.

I put in $50 to buy some stock and received the bonus $50 into a money market acct at sharebuilder...but now my question is, how do I get the original $50 back? If I place an order to withdraw the stock money, from the stock (AKA selling the stock) it seems to cost about $15 for each stock. So is this the only way to get my money back, I have to lose $30??

d1i1a1n1e1 said: I put in $50 to buy some stock and received the bonus $50 into a money market acct at sharebuilder...but now my question is, how do I get the original $50 back? If I place an order to withdraw the stock money, from the stock (AKA selling the stock) it seems to cost about $15 for each stock. So is this the only way to get my money back, I have to lose $30??
didNOTReadFAQ.

Basically, yes. You don't have to buy $50 worth of stock to get the promo. Just a $5 trade will do.

Ahhh.. serves me right, huh.

Well, ok then I have 1 more question (I'd really appreciate it!)..
Is $5 enough? Can I do $1? or less? I've read the 11 pages here and it seems some people are saying you have to do $20?

And why would the other people who have done the $50 trade done so? Is it bc they actually want to use Sharebuilder as a primary or secondary stock account?

d1i1a1n1e1 said: Ahhh.. serves me right, huh.

Well, ok then I have 1 more question (I'd really appreciate it!)..
Is $5 enough? Can I do $1? or less? I've read the 11 pages here and it seems some people are saying you have to do $20?

And why would the other people who have done the $50 trade done so? Is it bc they actually want to use Sharebuilder as a primary or secondary stock account?

There is a minimum, I think it's 5 when I did it.

I can't speak for those who decided to buy more.

You have to pay the $4 commission - so $5 is the minimum if you are just seeking to max the payout.

You will end up with $1 worth of whatever you buy. You will have to deal with the taxes on the capital gains and dividends on this account for as long as you keep the account open.

I also got blocked out of Sharebuilder from opening any new accounts, it was my third attempt in 6 months.

My hunch is that they have gotten better at detecting duplicates.

Incidentally, with my initial purchase, I had bought $100 of stock in the restaurant Buffalo Wild Wings. A month later, is dropped in price to around $75. And just a week or so ago, they reported good earnings and the stock is now worth about $125.

That stock has turned out to be a fun ride, especially since Ebates and Sharebuilder gave me $70 to try it!

I opened a ShareBuilder account a few months ago and use it to make monthly investments (subscribed to the $12/month plan) and I just got an offer from them for a free $25 for just applying to be able to trade options in my account, no need to actually make an options trade.

You are invited to join a select group of our customers to learn more about an advanced investment strategy—Options trading at ShareBuilder—an opportunity that’s only open to ShareBuilder account holders with an established record of investing.

Options trading can help you leverage your stock holdings and help complement your investing strategy. Now ShareBuilder makes Options trading easy, with a simple interface and tutorials which guide you every step of the way. To find out more, simply click on the “Learn More” link below.

Please take a moment to review this opportunity. At ShareBuilder, we are always working to help you make the most of your investments.

To thank you for your time, we'll put $25 in your account when you apply to trade Options.

Offer expires by : 12/31/2006

Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. Before investing in Options, please read the Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.

* This promotion is available for Options applications received through 12/31/06. $25 cash bonus will be posted approximately 2 to 4 weeks after your Options application is submitted for your valid ShareBuilder account. Limit one offer per customer. IRA and ESA accounts are not eligible.
That may possibly be the easiest $25 I've ever made ...

Beckles said: I opened a ShareBuilder account a few months ago and use it to make monthly investments (subscribed to the $12/month plan) and I just got an offer from them for a free $25 for just applying to be able to trade options in my account, no need to actually make an options trade.

You are invited to join a select group of our customers to learn more about an advanced investment strategy—Options trading at ShareBuilder—an opportunity that’s only open to ShareBuilder account holders with an established record of investing.

Options trading can help you leverage your stock holdings and help complement your investing strategy. Now ShareBuilder makes Options trading easy, with a simple interface and tutorials which guide you every step of the way. To find out more, simply click on the “Learn More” link below.

Please take a moment to review this opportunity. At ShareBuilder, we are always working to help you make the most of your investments.

To thank you for your time, we'll put $25 in your account when you apply to trade Options.

Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. Before investing in Options, please read the Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.

* This promotion is available for Options applications received through 12/31/06. $25 cash bonus will be posted approximately 2 to 4 weeks after your Options application is submitted for your valid ShareBuilder account. Limit one offer per customer. IRA and ESA accounts are not eligible.

I got the same offer today except it is for $50 and I only have a Basic account.

ThiftySpender said: Beckles said: I opened a ShareBuilder account a few months ago and use it to make monthly investments (subscribed to the $12/month plan) and I just got an offer from them for a free $25 for just applying to be able to trade options in my account, no need to actually make an options trade.

I got the same offer today except it is for $50 and I only have a Basic account.
Sweet ... they obviously want you to trade more I guess!

I got an offer to do two free option trades... Not as hot as $25 or $50 credit for options application.

jairocon said: I got an offer to do two free option trades... Not as hot as $25 or $50 credit for options application.

Really? You're lucky... all I got is an email suggesting that sign-up for options trading. Nothing offered at all.

I just got an email from Sharebuilder for a 10% discount in the Sharebuilder Store:

Dear <ME>,

Start a new tradition this year! Give the gift of investing with these unique gift ideas from ShareBuilder.
Investor Starter Kits and 1 Free Year of Investing
The ShareBuilder Investor Starter Kits
The perfect gift for someone who wants to get started investing online.

Kit includes:
# Cash bonus to invest¹
# Free copy of the "Automatic Millionaire" by David Bach
# 1-year subscription to Money Magazine

There are 4 kit options to choose from including a new Young Investor Kit with free iTunes. Learn more.

Special 10% Discount OfferEnter code: HOLIDAY06

This is what I got from sharebuilder through email last night.

--------------------
Account Number: XXXX
Account Type: Individual

Dear XXXX,

This year, why not give the kids in your life an alternative to high-priced, short-lived toys?

Give the Gift of Stock!
ShareBuilder has made it easy for you to open a Custodial or an Education Savings Account (ESA) online for your kids, or any deserving child. While your kids are getting a head start on saving for the future, your gift will also help them learn valuable lessons about earning money toward their goals.

Special $50 Holiday Bonus
Open a new ShareBuilder Individual, Joint or Custodial Account by 1/15/2007, and we'll contribute $50 to your investment after you place your first trade.* Don't have an account of your own? Open an account for yourself and we'll deposit $50 into your account as well.

It's easy to set up and fund a ShareBuilder account. Click to find out more.

Happy holidays,

From all of us at ShareBuilder

* A credit of $50 will post within approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the first transaction has occurred in each newly opened Individual, Joint and Custodial account. For Custodial Accounts, custodian must fund a custodial account and purchase at least one security. Custodian may open more than 1 custodial account. However, the offer is limited to one per unique customer or custodial beneficiary. ShareBuilder reserves the right to terminate the offer at any time. Not valid with any other offer. Offer expires 1/15/07.

You are receiving this e-mail because you have a ShareBuilder Account. You may unsubscribe, update or change your e-mail preferences by going to Account Profile under the Accounts tab.
-----------------------

This is quite weird since Sharebuilder stopped me from getting new accounts when I tried opening my fourth. However, since they're sending me this email while knowing I have accounts with them already - I think I'm gonna go for it

I got the same offering a $50 bonus.

PROMO CODE = STOCKGIFT06

The funny thing is they send me this email encouraging me to open a new account, but they shut me down earlier this year for opening multiple accounts under the same username. I'm tempted to try my luck!

Did anyone who just signed up notice that the standard plan comes with 6 free trades? Once a security is bought, you can then sell it for free and not have to worry about tracking this security forever. After the security is sold, you can switch to Basic and wait for the bonus to fund.

Am I not understanding something?

Yep that's the plan, using the trial standard plan for the first month will also save you the commission.

I was about to do that before I was shut down.

Ok. Got my first one. Going for #2.

$50 code: Share50 expire 12/31/2006
Link

The 6 free trades in the standard plan do not apply to selling. To sell anything costs 14.95 under the standard plan and 15.95 under the basic plan.

deltagifte06 - 2,500 Delta SkyMiles for signing up (4,000 miles if you are Delta SkyMiles Medallion member), 500 miles/quarter if you subscribe to a pricing plan (i.e., the standard or advantage program with a monthly fee).

Got this code with my new Entertainment Book: ENTHOLIDAY (good until 01/15/2007 for $50).

link

For those that have opened many accounts and have not been "busted," what have you done that you consider a contributing factor to not being shut down?

I originally signed up in February, and I put in $40, bought some stock, and then I bought some more stock with my first $50. I just recently tried the Ebates $25 ($5 +$20) plus a $50. So, I put in $75 and bought some stock. Note, all three purchases have been the same stock, and through good performance and free DRIP, I could sell at a profit (even if I count the bonuses as "my" money).

When I get my next $50, I am withdrawing it and putting it in my savings until I decide to go for round 3. Before I do round 3, however, I plan to merge the first two accounts. Since I am actually buying stock with the money, and not doing the minimum to just withdrawal the entire amount, what do my odds look like?

I have read that some have done 20+... but they had been doing this for some time. Does it seem to hurt if you open multiple accounts quickly? How far spread should they be?

Thanks in advance.

got a mail from costco . get 70$ or 90$ costco cash card ( based on your costco membership ) on opening sharebuilder account and also get 10% discount on transaction fees . here is the link

Text

This offer seems to be limited to opening a single custodial account. However, there are multiple promo codes for the Gift of Stock program. I first learned of this with an email from my bank, National City. Please share more promo codes for this program. It seems like a great way to get a good gift for free. These programs offer $50 bonuses, and you can link this up with Ebates for the $25, extra.

NCGIFT06EMA (Expires 1/15/07)
ENTHOLIDAY (Expires 1/15/07)
BBTGIFT06 (Expires 1/15/07)
GIFTSTOCK06 (Expires 1/31/07)

----
This year, why not give an alternative to traditional presents?

Give the Gift of Stock!
ShareBuilder has made it easy for you to open a Custodial or an Education Savings Account (ESAs) online for your children, or any deserving individual. Help those you care about get a head start on accumulating lifetime wealth and learn valuable lessons about earning money toward their goals.

Receive a $50 Gift Card Holiday Bonus
Open a new ShareBuilder Investment Account by 1/15/2007, and we'll give you a $50 Gift Card after you place your first trade.* Don’t have an account of your own? Open an account for yourself and you’ll receive a $50 Gift Card as well.

It’s easy to set up and fund a ShareBuilder Investor account.

How much would it cost to liquidate my SB account which has about 30 different stocks in whole and fractional shares? I do not want to transfer into another brokerage firm, just cash out and receive my $900 in investment back. Will I have to individually sell all 30 securities and pay $10/trade fee? The cost would seem fairly high to sell all 30 stocks. OR would it be a good idea to transfer out and pay only $50 fee to my interactivebroker.com account? thanks

Costco...good find!! Noticed thru the link that Goldstar and Business members get the $70 cash card/ 10% quarterly rebate...and Executive Members get a $90 cash card/ and 25% (instead of 10%) quarterly fees rebate. I missed the earlier Costco deals...glad I waited!! Thanks for this one!

Gone.

I'm wondering if I might ask about your Costco Sharebuilder experience. I followed the link you provided (as well as navigating through the Costco webiste), but I only see a description of the offer, not a "Buy Now" button or something like it. Is there a promotion code or something? How do I get to Sharebuilder so that they'll know I want to take advantage of that offer? Thanks in advance for any guidance you might offer. I'd like to open several accounts for children, nieces and nephews and am wondering if I might get this deal on all new accounts? Thanks for your input.

I signed up for the sharebuilder thru costco executive level last night. Had a confirmation that my promo code was accepted within an hour. Decided to try my wife's costco card this morning as well. Technically she has a card because its on my paid membership, but her membership number is different. Had another confirmation within the hour that her code was accepted as well. Easy $180 in costo cards - thanks for the tip!

$50 Buy.com Gift Card

You must open a new sharebuilder account to be eligible to receive the $50 Buy.com Gift Card after your first stock purchase. The $50 Gift Card will be mailed to the address on your sharebuilder account approximately 4-6 weeks after the first transaction has executed. You must have a U.S. Tax I.D. (Social Security Number) to open a sharebuilder Account. Limit one per unique customer or custodial beneficiary. Not valid with any other offers. Offer ends 1/31/07

Link

Sorry to ask, but how do you get the Ebates promo?
I went to sharebuilder through Ebates, signed up... & logged on to Ebates later but it shows nothing about the $20 on my Ebates acct.

d1i1a1n1e1 said: Sorry to ask, but how do you get the Ebates promo?
I went to sharebuilder through Ebates, signed up... & logged on to Ebates later but it shows nothing about the $20 on my Ebates acct.

Check your tracking numbers. It takes some time. After ten days, I email Ebates, and they manually fixed it. I had to give them proof of opening the account, it was painless.

Give the Gift of Stock
Get a $50 National City Visa(R) Gift Card

Start a New Tradition This Year
Help those you care about get a head start on accumulating a lifetime of wealth. ShareBuilder(R) Online Investing makes it easy for you to open a Custodial or an Education Savings Account (ESA) online for your children, grandchildren or any deserving individual.

Plus, when you open a new ShareBuilder Individual, Joint or Custodial Account by 1/15/2007, we'll give you a $50 Gift Card after you place your first trade. Visit www.NationalCity.com/GiftOfStock for more details.

It's easy to set up and fund a ShareBuilder Investor account. Visit www.NationalCity.com/GiftOfStock to get started now.

Investment in securities:
Not FDIC Insured | Not Bank Guaranteed | May Lose Value

Services offered by ShareBuilder Securities Corp, a broker dealer not affiliated with National City.

Promo Code: ncgift06

manuvns said: got a mail from costco . get 70$ or 90$ costco cash card ( based on your costco membership ) on opening sharebuilder account and also get 10% discount on transaction fees . here is the link

Text

New link with 4/1/07 expiration date: Costco/Sharebuilder

leenga said: Give the Gift of Stock

Help those you care about get a head start on accumulating a lifetime of wealth. ShareBuilder(R) Online Investing makes it easy for you to open a Custodial or an Education Savings Account (ESA) online for your children, grandchildren or any deserving individual.

Plus, when you open a new ShareBuilder Individual, Joint or Custodial Account by 1/15/2007, we'll give you a $50 Gift Card after you place your first trade. Visit www.NationalCity.com/GiftOfStock for more details.

Can this promo be combined with the other $50 offer?

Also, can you set up multiple custodial or ESA accounts and get the $50 for each one?

smac2399 said: leenga said: Give the Gift of Stock

Can this promo be combined with the other $50 offer?

Also, can you set up multiple custodial or ESA accounts and get the $50 for each one?

All signs point to no.

They say in their TOS that you can only open up one... but this promo includes the option of opening your own account, too, with another $50 bonus. However, that is why I mined for extra promos... there are many, just look a little further up on the page... I don't think their TOS can stand up to using separate promos... but maybe they can.

Couple of questions..I signed up under COSTCO executive $90 bonus.
1. I am on standard plan. So, buy a stock like YHOO with $3 - should I use monthly or weekly or one-time?.
2. I know, it is mentioned don't worry about selling, since we can do the same and later consolidate all these partial stocks?

rdurai1 said: Couple of questions..I signed up under COSTCO executive $90 bonus.
1. I am on standard plan. So, buy a stock like YHOO with $3 - should I use monthly or weekly or one-time?.
2. I know, it is mentioned don't worry about selling, since we can do the same and later consolidate all these partial stocks?

1. You can do a one-time trade.

2. You can consolidate, as there is a form on Sharebuilder to do so.

However, I think if you follow this course, it may be that course for which Sharebuilder is likely to catch on. Maybe you might want to actually purchase some stocks and hold them. Also, don't forget about the combined Ebates promo which can get you an additional $25.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014