• 167 8 910
  • Page
  • Text Only
Thanks to Puregold2006 at SD!

Sharebuilder Deal LINK!

ShareBuilder will help you set up an Automatic Investment Plan that fits your budget and helps keep you on track for meeting your long-term goals.
With an Automatic Investment Plan you can:
Invest any dollar amount on Tuesdays exclusively online
Schedule investments on a weekly or monthly basis
Select from our list of over 6,000 stocks and ETFs

Investment and funding instructions can be edited up to 5:00 pm ET on the Monday before your purchase. Real-time trade fees apply to all sales.

ShareBuilder’s powerful tools, online convenience and automatic approach make investing a whole lot easier than you might think. Get started today. The sooner you begin, the more potential you have to grow your portfolio over the long term.

†Cash bonus disclaimer: You must open a new ShareBuilder Account to receive the $50 bonus offer. Please note the $50 credit will post to your account approximately 4-6 weeks after the first transaction executes. Cash offer available for Individual, Joint and Custodial accounts. You must have U.S. Tax I.D. (Social Security Number) to open a ShareBuilder Account. Limit one per customer. The $50 offer is not valid with IRA or Education Savings Accounts. Not valid with any other offers. $50 offer expires 06/30/07.

Promotional code is hhecare5007

Can i combine the Delta 2000 miles bonus with some other bonus, like the FOLLETT50 which gives me $50.
Thus i would get both 2000 miles and $50 for a new account? I have never signed up for sharebuilder before.

And just to confirm, after signing up, i can fund the account with $5, and buy $1 worth of stock, and essentially get the bonus for $4 (transaction fee) + $1 (stock) = $5 of outlay?

ihuazai said: And just to confirm, after signing up, i can fund the account with $5, and buy $1 worth of stock, and essentially get the bonus for $4 (transaction fee) + $1 (stock) = $5 of outlay?

yes. Or you can use the free trial plan which will remove the $4 transaction fee either. Just be sure to switch back to the basic plan ($4 transaction) after your 1st transaction.

RE: Getting shut out of multiple bonuses - when did this happen?

I opened a SB account for myself and my wife a few months ago, funded w/ $10, made a trade and got a $90 Costco card for each of us. I followed the link above for the $50 bonus and opened new accounts for both of us. I set up a trade for this Tuesday and funded w/ $5. Is the bonus assured because I funded it and it accepted the account or will the bonus be rejected at some point in the future? It would be dumb to waste $5 (given the transaction fees) on these accounts and not get the bonus.

ihuazai said: Can i combine the Delta 2000 miles bonus with some other bonus, like the FOLLETT50 which gives me $50.
Thus i would get both 2000 miles and $50 for a new account?
Nope, only one promotion code per new account.

On a side note, I just opened another account today (Orchard promo) and didn't see the free Standard trial this time. Rather than risk being charged a $12 fee, I went for a Basic account instead. Do they not advertise the free month any more, or was it just me?

Just got this message on my latest account ... wonder if I'll get that final $50 bonus?

It has been noted that you recently opened multiple accounts with identical registration information.

We have restricted from activity all but the first of such identical accounts. ShareBuilder is closing these additional accounts under the provisions of Section 10 of the Account Agreement. Future identical accounts will be likewise restricted.

IMPORTANT: If you have already placed funds in your account, they will be returned to the bank of origin after the normal hold period. If you funded your account with a check, funds will be sent by check to the address of record on the account. If there were securities purchased, those trades will be cancelled.

hream said: ihuazai said: Can i combine the Delta 2000 miles bonus with some other bonus, like the FOLLETT50 which gives me $50.
Thus i would get both 2000 miles and $50 for a new account?
Nope, only one promotion code per new account.

On a side note, I just opened another account today (Orchard promo) and didn't see the free Standard trial this time. Rather than risk being charged a $12 fee, I went for a Basic account instead. Do they not advertise the free month any more, or was it just me?

It happened to me on the last account I opened. I opened a custodial account for my daughter and it didn't have a link to the free month of standard. I guess its gone. They probably read about it on a blog or here on FWF and decided to stop offering it.

I got a Costco coupon mailer and signed up for executive goldstar member through sharebuilder as a Basic user.
I am waiting for my 5.00 to fund.

This is to get the 90.00 costco cash card.

So, what do I do next, after the 5.00 funds?

Am I going to have to pay 15.95 to buy a stock, or is that only to sell?

Should I switch plans??

I just want the 90.00 cash card, and I am confused.

And I did a search. I am post now to see if Sharebuilder changed any terms. I am a newbie to sharebuilder.

Can my Hubby go for the same deal?

Also, on my Sharebuilder account I put that I was a student (I am to FW) I am employed

If I am just in this for the 90.00 cash card, this should not matter, right?

TIA for any tips and PM me if you know of a stock to buy. I have one in mind but it is slow growth.

Don't try to pull money out of Sharebuilder; they only allow you to push money out from within their website. I learned this the hard way:

I had two SB accounts and I attempted to pull money into my E*Trade Savings account. E*Trade then credits my account that same day. So far, everything's normal. Two days later, the monies I had pulled from both SB accounts were pushed right back.

Then I learn today that my E*Trade account was closed today...not only that, they informed the other banks -- I assume through my many quicktransfer links; I knew something was amiss when all my quicktransfer links dissapeared -- that my account was closed because of security reasons...HSBC suspended my login ID as well.

I had my fourth SB account shut out. So much for the easy money. Can I open joint accounts for my kids and qualify for more bonuses?

Flatwalletsspa said: Don't try to pull money out of Sharebuilder; they only allow you to push money out from within their website. I learned this the hard way:

I had two SB accounts and I attempted to pull money into my E*Trade Savings account. E*Trade then credits my account that same day. So far, everything's normal. Two days later, the monies I had pulled from both SB accounts were pushed right back.

Then I learn today that my E*Trade account was closed today...not only that, they informed the other banks -- I assume through my many quicktransfer links; I knew something was amiss when all my quicktransfer links dissapeared -- that my account was closed because of security reasons...HSBC suspended my login ID as well.

Sorry to hear about your experience, but thanks for letting us know anyway.

Libero said: I had my fourth SB account shut out. So much for the easy money. Can I open joint accounts for my kids and qualify for more bonuses?

They are called custodial accounts, and the answer is yes. However, I don't know the ramifications of doing now that you have been flagged. I only opened three for myself, and then went on to the custodial accounts.

My next adventure is to see if I can open accounts under my LLC.

I was successful in opening custodial accounts for two of my kids. I have not rec'd the bonuses yet, but everything seems to indicate that I will. I wonder if I can open three accounts apiece? I also have an LLC, let me know how it goes for you.

quick summary went screwy and removed all the links so I'm updating here

ym50 exp 12/31/07
http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdcon/jump/partner/ymoney40/?cobrand=wwwExpires 08/30/07

RMKFREE07

hhecare5007 exp 6/30/07
http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdcon/jump/partner/household/hhecare5007/

ENTERTAIN40 - EXP 12/31/07

coexecwall07 costco cash card for costco memebers + get 10 or 25% off on trans fees.

onepass5free - No expiration listed

to enter Promo Codes:
https://www.sharebuilder.com/sharebuilder/promotions/default.aspx?promocode=

OK not working here either!

I found one on efollett.com. STUDENT50

https://www.sharebuilder.com/follett/promotions/default.aspx?promocode=student50

hream said: Just got this message on my latest account ... wonder if I'll get that final $50 bonus?

It has been noted that you recently opened multiple accounts with identical registration information.

We have restricted from activity all but the first of such identical accounts. ShareBuilder is closing these additional accounts under the provisions of Section 10 of the Account Agreement. Future identical accounts will be likewise restricted.

IMPORTANT: If you have already placed funds in your account, they will be returned to the bank of origin after the normal hold period. If you funded your account with a check, funds will be sent by check to the address of record on the account. If there were securities purchased, those trades will be cancelled.

Seriusly doubt you will. Sharebuilder wised up months ago, thus flagging "multiple dippers." Maybe it was those claiming upwards of 40 bonuses that raised the red flag

dudetheobscure said: hream said: Just got this message on my latest account ... wonder if I'll get that final $50 bonus?

Seriusly doubt you will. Sharebuilder wised up months ago, thus flagging "multiple dippers." Maybe it was those claiming upwards of 40 bonuses that raised the red flag

People going nuts on these sorts of things really ruin it for everyone. 40 bonuses would be $2000! That is a lot of money to milk out of something like this.

Anyhow, I have been successful in getting three bonuses for myself, and I have received two bonuses for custodial accounts to two of my daughters, and I am waiting on the funding for a custodial account for my third daughter. I am going to try and push to three bonuses for each child, and then go for number four for myself; that seems like the crossing point, thus far.

When that fails, I will begin the process again with an account for my wife, and then more custodial accounts for the kids.

It would appear that they have stopped offering a free month of standard with new accounts, as well.

A new promotion that I have noticed, however, is free trades for referring new accounts. Given the past, I doubt they would easily detect if you basically referred yourself, and used another promo code. Free trades would be fine by me... heck, I might actually put money in regularly if I had some free trades; actually, if they offered three automatic trades for $6/month instead of 6 for $12, I would do that.

Sharebulder is offering up to 25 free automatic investments for referring new investors. You receive 5 free automatic investments for each new referral, and they get $25. I wonder if this works for yourself if you supply a separate email address, or if you use a custodial account. It would also be cool if you could tie this together with another bonus for $50.

Unlike most people here, I actually use my Sharebuilder accounts to invest. While they are not great, I have been getting free money, and I have the Sharebuilder Visa card with 0% interest and 1% Cash Back into my primary account. These things have helped to get me investing and to get investments going for my children. I also love the free dividend reinvestments. Once I get to the point where I have invested in a particular stock, and I no longer want to reinvest the dividends, I will transfer that stock over to E*Trade, where I have the rest of my investments.

It seems that 4 is the threshold. Like other FW'ers who reported back, my 4th attempt was stalled. Unfortunately my wife's 3rd attempt was stalled as well in the same round.

FYI we used different promo codes for each round. We deposited $5 to buy a $1 partial share. We then withdrew the bonus usually 2 days after it was credited. Several days later we opened another account. Wife joined me during my 2nd round but unfortunately luck ran out for her even earlier But thanks OP and FWF while this lasted.

I waited a year after my initial 4 bonuses and signed up for a couple of new promotions and I got shut down.

terpaero said: I waited a year after my initial 4 bonuses and signed up for a couple of new promotions and I got shut down.

You signed up for several promotions at the same time? One for each family member or all for your account alone? Did you get all shot down?

busterbaxter said: terpaero said: I waited a year after my initial 4 bonuses and signed up for a couple of new promotions and I got shut down.

You signed up for several promotions at the same time? One for each family member or all for your account alone? Did you get all shot down?

I just got my sixth payout today. The first three were for me, and then the next three were each custodial accounts, one for each of my children. I actually used all of the money (and I have probably added $100 more) to purchase stock, and I have the free dividend reinvestments setup. I also have the Sharebuilder Visa, and I have received $25 in Cash Back so far that went to purchase stock. Mine have been over the course of a year and a half, and I have never done any in parallel.

I am going to attempt two more rounds for each of my kids.

I may begin doing the same for my wife, and then start custodial accounts for each of the kids there.

If we go for three for each of us, and then we each do three for each of our kids, my wife and I will have gotten over $1200 in promo money (I used the eBates promo once, along with one of my others, as well).

After all of that is done... I will then hop onto number 4 for me and see if I get the can.

I also want to see if I can combine this with the 5 free trades for a referral, up to 5 referrals, for a total of 25 free trades. Since they discontinued the free trial of standard, it hasn't been the same.

Now if only another discount brokerage would offer something similar.

Up until this week, I was up about $100 on my meager investments... now it is only about $10... but there is a lot of promo money in there.

My extended family raked in over $3,000 in Costco Cash Cards just from the Costco offers earlier this year. I wish there were more cousins running around who I could open custodial accounts for.

Signed up today and got free trial for standard. Even allowed me to choose between starting the trial this month (until 7/31) or starting the trial on August 1.

sushiosushi said: Signed up today and got free trial for standard. Even allowed me to choose between starting the trial this month (until 7/31) or starting the trial on August 1.

Perhaps it has more to do with what promo code has been used...

Dus10 said: Perhaps it has more to do with what promo code has been used...

I linked through the YM50 in the quicksummary.

sushiosushi said: Dus10 said: Perhaps it has more to do with what promo code has been used...

I did the same thing last month. No free trial.

busterbaxter said: sushiosushi said: Dus10 said: Perhaps it has more to do with what promo code has been used...

I did the same thing last month. No free trial.

That was what my last promo code was, as well... and the same... no free trial.

Perhaps they are starting something more pre-emptively, and they are no longer offering free standard trials to multiple account holders.

That actually seems more logical, as it stops people from opening more accounts simply for that trial, regardless of if promo codes are used.

slimcustomer said: My extended family raked in over $3,000 in Costco Cash Cards just from the Costco offers earlier this year. I wish there were more cousins running around who I could open custodial accounts for.

I didn't realize that this was possible. I thought it was one use per Costco membership. I set up one for my wife and myself, but thought I couldn't do the baby b/c I had already used our membership numbers. Is this not correct?

ltcm said: slimcustomer said: My extended family raked in over $3,000 in Costco Cash Cards just from the Costco offers earlier this year. I wish there were more cousins running around who I could open custodial accounts for.

I didn't realize that this was possible. I thought it was one use per Costco membership. I set up one for my wife and myself, but thought I couldn't do the baby b/c I had already used our membership numbers. Is this not correct?

Sharebuilder promotions are notorious for having varying terms and conditions. The last two $90 Coscto cash card promotions had no stated limit on the number of individual custodial accounts one could open under an individual membership number. If you have a large extended family with lots of kids and a number of costco memberships, this deal was worth a lot of $$$$.

OT, but Sharebuilder promotions are one of the only reasons I've kept my membership at Costco. Sale prices at my local supermarket are usually better than costco's everyday prices on the items that I am interested in. There are only a dozen or so products I will regularly get at Costco.

So the Costco promotional code is my Costco membership number??? Is that correct? I'm looking at the $55 promo from Costco.

Costco has a new promotion at this link

Executive members receive a $90 Costco Cash Card and Gold Star/Business members receive a $70 Costco Cash Card.

Ops--dup info...see above post.

paolobeltran said: Costco has a new promotion at this link

Executive members receive a $90 Costco Cash Card and Gold Star/Business members receive a $70 Costco Cash Card.

Thanks and be sure to wait until promo starts. Offer only valid for accounts opened between 9/4/07 and 9/23/07. You must complete your first stock purchase by 11/30/07.

$25 from MyPoints
use promo code: MyPoints25

Hurry! This Point Offer Expires October 9, 2007.
Points for this offer can only be earned once.
Once you get to ShareBuilder, open an approved ShareBuilder account and receive 50 Points. Receive 500 Points when you begin investing.
*You must open a new ShareBuilder Account and purchase at least one security to receive this offer. Please note the $25 credit will post to your account approximately 4 weeks after the first transaction executes. Not valid with IRA or Education Savings Accounts. Not valid with any other offers. Valid only for first-time account holders with ShareBuilder. ShareBuilder reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time. Offer expires 10/15/07.

$50 from PenFed

Sharebuilder said: As year-end approaches, we ask that you take immediate action to confirm your tax withholding status. The next time you login to your Young Money ShareBuilder account, you will be asked to indicate your current tax withholding information for all of your ShareBuilder accounts.

got this in an email, so maybe this year they will be sending 1099s ?!?!

perhaps the free trial offer has something to do with the bank account. I used the PenFed Promo and was offered the free trial, but when I use a Huntington Bank account (rather than PenFed) I get an error message and when I go back in the free trial is gone.

$25 bonus
promo code MyPoints25

Once you get to ShareBuilder, open an approved ShareBuilder account and receive 50 Points. Receive 500 Points when you begin investing.
*You must open a new ShareBuilder Account and purchase at least one security to receive this offer. Please note the $25 credit will post to your account approximately 4 weeks after the first transaction executes. Not valid with IRA or Education Savings Accounts. Not valid with any other offers. Valid only for first-time account holders with ShareBuilder. ShareBuilder reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time. Offer expires 12/07/07.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014