Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Sharebuilder FAQ and Promotion thread

5 of 39
jeepbrew
3/30/06 9:42 PM
jpsmoney said:

My $50 bonus was not reported on a 1099 at all.

I have signed up for multiple bonuses and never received a 1099 from Sharebuilder...
JeebusSaves
3/30/06 11:27 PM
In for Delta Skymiles bonus with GIFT40 promo code. Promo was accepted!
turrdog
3/31/06 7:09 AM
labboypro said:

jpsmoney said:

slimcustomer said:

I've received multiple reports of people not receiving 1099's for promotional bonuses through Sharebuilder.

Yes, calls have been made, and I have checked online for the 1099. Sharebuilder is not reporting (at least some) bonuses on 1099s.

They must not like me

That must be it because I too have signed up multiple times with several family members and nobody received one.
psuJC
3/31/06 9:16 AM
Has anyone tried combining the accounts into a single account? I want to start using the bonus money to actually buy stocks, but I don't want to keep a dozen accounts all with small amounts in them. Any ideas?
JeebusSaves
3/31/06 11:46 AM
psuJC said:

Has anyone tried combining the accounts into a single account? I want to start using the bonus money to actually buy stocks, but I don't want to keep a dozen accounts all with small amounts in them. Any ideas?

I dunno about you, but when I signed up I got a "link code." You can probably find on their website or call them and figure out how to transfer the assets from all the accounts into one account, then either cancel or ignore all the other ones.
psuJC
3/31/06 12:34 PM
JeebusSaves said:

psuJC said:

I dunno about you, but when I signed up I got a "link code." You can probably find on their website or call them and figure out how to transfer the assets from all the accounts into one account, then either cancel or ignore all the other ones.

I finally found the form. Has anyone actually done it? It's gonna look silly to transfer 6 accounts all with 1 dollar in them
jesternl
3/31/06 3:30 PM
My freegyuide50 prmotion was accepted, I should get the 50 in a few weeks it said, nice.

I never got a 1099 for the previous one either, and neither did my wife.

And thanks for the transfer form too!
stateofmind
3/31/06 3:47 PM
All xx of my accounts have been combined into 1. Yes, you need to send in the signature guarantee form for each one. It sure is a lot easier just to manage 1 account and after you have done several of these deals its sure is more cost effective when buying stacks.

psuJC said:

labboypro
3/31/06 6:02 PM
psuJC said:

I finally found the form. Has anyone actually done it?

Yep, it was very straightforward, and handled same day.
Bagofchips
3/31/06 10:47 PM
The other motivation to consolidate is if you bought same security multiple times you can liquidate consolidated position w/ one sell trx / fee instead of multiple...
5 of 39
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.