QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Sharebuilder FAQ and Promotion thread

9 of 39
labboypro
6/14/06 7:35 AM
I'm at 6-- 3 for me, 3 for wife, done in pairs (waited for bonus to land before starting next pair). 4 of the 6 were _clearly_ the same user as I chose the "do you have an existing account" radio button on opening the account and logged in using existing credentials. The last 2 (still waiting on bonuses, but do have the email stating I'm qualified), were a new, separate pair of accounts-- same ss#, however.
jeepbrew
6/14/06 8:47 PM
jairocon said:

jeepbrew - yeah - what's the story? I think we're all anxious and trigger happy to open 5 accounts ourselves



Sorry for the late reply... been on vacation. I successfully opened 5 seperate accounts, all with $50 bonuses. Each time I waited until after I had received the bonus before I opened a new account. Each account was made with different usernames and email addresses, but the same SSN. On the 6th account I even got so far as to get the email stating I qualified for the bonus. Then, just a few days later, I got the message I posted about opening multiple accounts.

Now I do have stock in each account. As of right now, nothing has changed with my original 5 accounts. I can still log in each of them and I still have stock in each account. As far as the 6th account is concerned, if I log in it shows my trade, but it also shows an account value of ZERO. Seeing as how I only bought $5 in stock, I am not too concerned with what happens to that account.
baobao73
6/19/06 10:42 AM
Does sharebuilder do a hard pull for openning an account?
slimcustomer
6/19/06 12:09 PM
I've never received a hard inquiry for opening a Sharebuilder account.
orphanis
6/23/06 9:14 AM
can somebody PM me a couple of penny stocks, please?
labboypro
6/23/06 9:08 PM
orphanis said:

can somebody PM me a couple of penny stocks, please?



Why? So you find a great buy on a super-hot penny stock. You'll need 400 shares of it (or a really impressive run in the market) just to be able to afford the sales commission. This deal isn't so you can buy stock. The deal is in the bonus. The stock is essentially worthless with the $4 commission when you go to sell it.*

* unless you're buying into this deal for a real investment option, and you're sinking $xxx in it... in which case, you might want to look at buying real stock from a real broker.
orphanis
6/23/06 10:01 PM
labboypro said:

orphanis said:

can somebody PM me a couple of penny stocks, please?



Why? So you find a great buy on a super-hot penny stock. You'll need 400 shares of it (or a really impressive run in the market) just to be able to afford the sales commission. This deal isn't so you can buy stock. The deal is in the bonus. The stock is essentially worthless with the $4 commission when you go to sell it.*

* unless you're buying into this deal for a real investment option, and you're sinking $xxx in it... in which case, you might want to look at buying real stock from a real broker.


I know, I was just looking a 1 share for under $1 to buy. found, scheduled, and waiting for a bonus
g10ny
6/23/06 10:04 PM
baobao73 said:

Does sharebuilder do a hard pull for openning an account?



They did me an EQF soft pull.
theCompDude
6/24/06 12:30 AM
labboypro said:

orphanis said:

can somebody PM me a couple of penny stocks, please?



Why? So you find a great buy on a super-hot penny stock. You'll need 400 shares of it (or a really impressive run in the market) just to be able to afford the sales commission. This deal isn't so you can buy stock. The deal is in the bonus. The stock is essentially worthless with the $4 commission when you go to sell it.*

* unless you're buying into this deal for a real investment option, and you're sinking $xxx in it... in which case, you might want to look at buying real stock from a real broker.



I actually buy $100 worth of stock for each promotion.
I buy the same stock everytime.
In the end, I will combine all the accounts.
And be able to sell all the stock in one transaction.
Since I am spending $100 every time, I hope I will not be blacklisted.
Have gotten in on about 6 promotions so far and got about $260 in promotion money.
labboypro
6/24/06 9:14 AM
theCompDude said:

I actually buy $100 worth of stock for each promotion.
I buy the same stock everytime.
In the end, I will combine all the accounts.
And be able to sell all the stock in one transaction.
Since I am spending $100 every time, I hope I will not be blacklisted.
Have gotten in on about 6 promotions so far and got about $260 in promotion money.



Hmmm... that might actually be a decent strategy. I'm at 5 bonuses and haven't been dinged yet, but at $1 buys, I'm certainly more "flagworthy" than your $100 buys... and if you buy something stable, you can likely get your $$$ back out of it when you're done. Only down side I see is that, with $500-1000 invested, if the stock you're buying dips 10%, you're cutting pretty hard into your bonuses.
9 of 39
Please select a reason for your RED vote:







You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.
Loading...