• 16789 10
  • Page
  • Text Only
xCarsonx said: I don't know if anyone even checks this thread anymore but for those who open new account for the 50$ bonus. When you sign up for the second time do you select that you have an existing account or not? I plan to wait 2 months in between each bonus.

Did it both ways and have gotten bonuses. If you select existing account then it will use same login and password otherwise you will just creat new login/password.

I opened an account last month and used a code I found on a site "gift50". I followed up with Sharebuilder earlier this week and was first told that they would move my request along and have it credited to my account within 48 hours. I then got an email

Thank you for your e-mail and for your patience. GIFT50 is the code specifically used for a $50 gift certificate. It is not actually considered a promotion code. If you have the gift certificate you should just fill out the back with your account number and mail it in to us:

Sharebuilder Securities Corporation
PO BOX 1728
Bellevue WA 980059-1728

Telling me that there is some sort of a coupon I am suppse to fill out and mail in.

Does anyone know where i can find this coupon?

Thanks.

Costco Promotion

$60 for Executive Members / 25% rebate of recurring fees
$55 for Regular Members / 10% rebate of recurring fees

My wife has a few accounts at Scottrade and I just realized they don't allow dividend reinvestment ... going to transfer them to Sharebuilder.

These bonuses are coming in handy for capitalizing on the market these days.

I read through this thread and didn't see any active codes. Anyone know of one that it still active as of 10/27/08?

Here’s the newest code I just found: CASH50

50WS28

50CITIZENS

Gift50

50GO28

50SBTV

Share50

HUSKERALUM45

MOVIES

ING25JULY08

Found all the steps and codes here.

In the last week, I've used ORANGE50CASH at signup ($50), and RTTSITE after signup to get 2 free trades. Both went through, and I got the emails.

coexecwall08 says expired for costco 90/70$

Are there any codes for IRAs if you have a brokerage account?

bump

Costco Promotion

$90 for Executive Members / 25% transaction charge rebates
$70 for Regular Members / 10% transaction charge rebates

Fine print notes that offer ends 1/25/09 and you must complete your first stock purchase by 2/25/09.

Just super. Last august, I used a coupon, I think it was gift50 or soemthing and opened a new account. I just emailed CS because I still haven't gotten the bonus and this was their response:

Thank you for contacting ShareBuilder. I do see that you entered in a promotion code when this account was opened. The promotion code you entered was for recipients of $50.00 gift certificates that were issued. In order to receive the $50.00 account bonus, the actual gift certificate needs to be mailed in to ShareBuilder. Once we receive the gift certificate, the cash will be credited to your account.

Does anyone know when Sharebuilder sent out their 1099s in the past? Their site just says it will be before 1/31.

It seems that the Costco promotion is back on: www.sharebuilder.com/savings

The new deadline is 02/28/2009 and the purchase must be completed by 04/30/2009. This was on the back of the Costco magazine that I received today, but that deadline was a little different. I've read through the fine print and I see nothing about this being limited to first time customers, so you may be able to get in and do this again even if you've taken advantage of it in the past.

ltcm said: It seems that the Costco promotion is back on: www.sharebuilder.com/savings

The new deadline is 02/28/2009 and the purchase must be completed by 04/30/2009. This was on the back of the Costco magazine that I received today, but that deadline was a little different. I've read through the fine print and I see nothing about this being limited to first time customers, so you may be able to get in and do this again even if you've taken advantage of it in the past.

Can anyone confirm that existing Sharebuilder account holders with active accounts can participate? Is it like ETrade?

https://content.sharebuilder.com/MgdCon/Jump/Partner/Pentagon/GO...

Penfed/Sharebuilder $50 promo

expires 1/31/2009 (tomorrow)

sushiosushi said: https://content.sharebuilder.com/MgdCon/Jump/Partner/Pentagon/GO...

Penfed/Sharebuilder $50 promo

expires 1/31/2009 (tomorrow)

I assume you have to be a Penfed member to take advantage of this?

ltcm said: It seems that the Costco promotion is back on: www.sharebuilder.com/savings

New deadline is 3/31/09.

New code for 7 free investments in an IRA account.

SBIRA09

Expires 4/15

I found this code for $25 on new accounts:

25WOLS

TheGMan said: Costco Promotion

$90 for Executive Members / 25% transaction charge rebates
$70 for Regular Members / 10% transaction charge rebates

Fine print notes that offer ends 1/25/09 and you must complete your first stock purchase by 2/25/09.

About how much are memberships? I'm on Sam's Club but wanted to know if it was worth it to switch to Costco just for this promotion. I make seven trades/month so even 25% wouldn't save me a month's salary.

Thanks for the help...

ifno
Disclaimer
Just got this e-mail. Free $25.

info
Disclaimer
Just got this e-mail.

$100 bonus for transfering all assets from another brokerage. Great for those who have a Schwab First Invest card and just have cash sitting in the account. Must make a full transfer of at least $500.

http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdcon/jump/consumer/transfer/index.htm?cobrand=sharebuilder

Before risking swimming into a weir, I have a few questions for the wise.

1.) Does the Costco number have to be in your name? If your spouse was the account holder, would just the number suffice?

2.) What exposure does buying a $1 stock and forgetting about it incur? Could Sharebuilder change their fee policy and start charging the account?

3.) Assuming a non-dividend-earning stock was purchased, would there be any tax headaches down the road?

4.) If the account does incur a fee, how would it be assessed? If my linked checking account was closed, would I still be liable (i.e. could I be "caught")?

I suppose a call to a consumer representative is in order, but I hope those that have had accounts open since this thread was started could voice their opinion. Hopefully I'll eventually be able to get to the other side of the Q&A game. Thanks in advance.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014