• 1 2 34510
  • Page
  • Text Only
jpsmoney said: My $50 bonus was not reported on a 1099 at all.

I have signed up for multiple bonuses and never received a 1099 from Sharebuilder...

In for Delta Skymiles bonus with GIFT40 promo code. Promo was accepted!

labboypro said: jpsmoney said: slimcustomer said: I've received multiple reports of people not receiving 1099's for promotional bonuses through Sharebuilder.

Yes, calls have been made, and I have checked online for the 1099. Sharebuilder is not reporting (at least some) bonuses on 1099s.

They must not like me

That must be it because I too have signed up multiple times with several family members and nobody received one.

Has anyone tried combining the accounts into a single account? I want to start using the bonus money to actually buy stocks, but I don't want to keep a dozen accounts all with small amounts in them. Any ideas?

psuJC said: Has anyone tried combining the accounts into a single account? I want to start using the bonus money to actually buy stocks, but I don't want to keep a dozen accounts all with small amounts in them. Any ideas?

I dunno about you, but when I signed up I got a "link code." You can probably find on their website or call them and figure out how to transfer the assets from all the accounts into one account, then either cancel or ignore all the other ones.

JeebusSaves said: psuJC said: Has anyone tried combining the accounts into a single account? I want to start using the bonus money to actually buy stocks, but I don't want to keep a dozen accounts all with small amounts in them. Any ideas?

I dunno about you, but when I signed up I got a "link code." You can probably find on their website or call them and figure out how to transfer the assets from all the accounts into one account, then either cancel or ignore all the other ones.

I finally found the form. Has anyone actually done it? It's gonna look silly to transfer 6 accounts all with 1 dollar in them

My freegyuide50 prmotion was accepted, I should get the 50 in a few weeks it said, nice.

I never got a 1099 for the previous one either, and neither did my wife.

And thanks for the transfer form too!

All xx of my accounts have been combined into 1. Yes, you need to send in the signature guarantee form for each one. It sure is a lot easier just to manage 1 account and after you have done several of these deals its sure is more cost effective when buying stacks.

psuJC said: Has anyone tried combining the accounts into a single account? I want to start using the bonus money to actually buy stocks, but I don't want to keep a dozen accounts all with small amounts in them. Any ideas?

psuJC said: I finally found the form. Has anyone actually done it?

Yep, it was very straightforward, and handled same day.

The other motivation to consolidate is if you bought same security multiple times you can liquidate consolidated position w/ one sell trx / fee instead of multiple...

labboypro said: turrdog said: In the past, my account has been flagged for multiple openings in a short amount of time.

What was the effect of the flagging?

Just a comment or 2 on this. I was a victim of same from them, but protested vigorously and demonstrated to them just how pathetically sloppy their promotional language is. I got the disputed bonuses despite multiple different promos. They may have since tightened up their language, online and off, but unless their promo terms under which you enrolled are explicit as to why you wouldn't qualify for it, you have them over a barrel if you bother to toss the BS flag.

Second, the flagging does NOT prevent you from opening a family member (custodial, spouse, ...) account(s).

Once the "bonus" is credited to your account, can you withdraw it or do you HAVE to use it to make another purchase through Sharebuilder?

you can withdraw it

For any newbies (like me)

Here is how it worked for me.

Opened account through e.bates (Get $20 from e.bates)
Chose the "free trial" for the Standard Plan (If you don't see this offered, choose the basic plan*)
Received email that the promotion code was accepted.
Funded account (use only $3 if you have the free trial or $5 for basic)
Made a minimum investment ($3 for standard; $5 for basic-includes $4 fee)
Switched from Standard Plan to Basic Plan (if you don't switch within the month it will cost $12)
Received email saying I qualified for the promotion.
Wait 4 - 6 weeks for the bonus money!

*With the basice plan, investments cost $4. With the standard plan you get 6 free. So if you can choose the "free trial standard plan" you will save the $4.

UPDATE: funded on 3/27, buy on 4/4, received bonus 5/4

leenga said: For any newbies (like me)

Or...

1. invest $5
    2. buy $1 in stock
    3. ???
    4. Profit!!!

Yesterday was "buy day" so I'm expecting a couple of $50 bonuses soon. Yeah!

I think I made a mistake, I cliked open new account from within sharebuilder then entered the link code and t filled out all the info for me but I didn't have an opportunity to enter a promotion code. Was I supposed to open a brand new account with a new login?

bdealin said: I think I made a mistake, I cliked open new account from within sharebuilder then entered the link code and t filled out all the info for me but I didn't have an opportunity to enter a promotion code. Was I supposed to open a brand new account with a new login?

Yes. You need to follow the link, open the account, and THEN, during the account creation process, you have them link it to your existing account.

labboypro said: leenga said: For any newbies (like me)

Or...

1. invest $5
    2. buy $1 in stock
    3. ???
    4. Profit!!!

How soon? It's been 4 weeks for me, still waiting. The emails which said my promotion was accepted said 4-6 weeks, so not time for a call yet.

nonchalant said: labboypro said: leenga said: For any newbies (like me)

Or...

1. invest $5
    2. buy $1 in stock
    3. ???
    4. Profit!!!

How soon? It's been 4 weeks for me, still waiting. The emails which said my promotion was accepted said 4-6 weeks, so not time for a call yet.

~40 days is when my last payout happened, IIRC.

Here's another $40 promotion: NY40.

Here's two I didn't see posted before. Supposedly these are supposed to be for Continental OnePass Elite members, but I can't see that they could actually check your status.

Continental OnePass $25 plus 2000 bonus miles
Continental OnePass 5 free trades

Enjoy!

Here's a $25 earthlink promo:

http://www.sharebuilder.com/about_us/jump/elsixbelink/
Promo Code: EARTHLINK25
Expires: 12/31/06

labboypro said:

Bonuses received for both individual and joint account. I faxed them the share transfer paperwork to move everything into my primary account (I figure I've only got another 58 of these bonuses before I have one whole share of stock ).

FatsWalleter said: Here's another $40 promotion: NY40.

Neither NY40 nor NY4 worked for me. Anyone else was more successful with this promotion?

Truefan said: FatsWalleter said: Here's another $40 promotion: NY40.

Neither NY40 nor NY4 worked for me. Anyone else was more successful with this promotion?

Used NY40 on Friday morning. Got the "eligible for bonus" email shortly thereafter. In a few days I'm going to do a joint account with the same link if it's still working.

2tiger said: $50 code in ENTERTAIN50 from entertainment book good till 1/26/06

this seems to still be working, i tried it, it took it and i received an email saying it was accepted

I also updated quicksummary.

UPDATE: Yes, I used it on 5/10.

leenga said: 2tiger said: $50 code in ENTERTAIN50 from entertainment book good till 1/26/06

this seems to still be working, i tried it, it took it and i received an email saying it was accepted

When did you use it? Today? 5/10?

I used one of the older codes also and got an email that got approved. We will see when I do the trade.

$40 holiday account cash bonus! - GIFT40 5/10/06 says expired

ENTERTAIN40 - EXPIRED 1/31/06

Opened an account on 5/11 through Ebates link. Used promotion code ENTERTAIN50. Funded with $5. Promotion was accepted. Account funded through ACH. Bought shares worth $5 on tuesday 5/16. I qualified for the promotion. On Friday 5/19, Ebates credited me with $20.

Excellent thread! Absolutely error-free experience. Follow the steps outlined at the beginning of the thread. Thanks OP!

Has anyone else not had a credit posted to their Ebates account yet? I signed up on 5/9 using the Ebates link, funding completed 5/12, and trade made on 5/16.

My $85 Costco bonus was fulfilled on this past Thursday, May 25th. Generously enough, Sharebuilder and Costco are running the $85/$65 promotion again from June 5th through August 27th.

I think this may be new

$50 through orchard bank offer

FREEGUIDEOB

**$50 disclosure - You must open a new ShareBuilder Account and purchase at least one security to receive this offer. The $50 credit will post to the account approximately 4-6 weeks after the first transaction has executed. Cash offer available for Individual, Joint, and Custodial accounts, and for U.S. residents only. You must have U.S. Tax I.D. (Social Security Number) to open a ShareBuilder Account. Limit one per new account. Not valid with any other offers. Offer expires 06/30/06

ShareBuilder reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time and to refuse or recover any promotion award if ShareBuilder determines that it was obtained under wrongful or fraudulent circumstances, that inaccurate or incomplete information was provided in opening the account, or that any term of ShareBuilder's Account Agreement has been violated.

used entertain50 yesterday, confirmed today.

HH50, see summary

g10ny said: HH50, see summary

In for 2, thanks!

I finally got busted opening my 6th sharebuilder account:

It has been noted that you recently opened multiple accounts, with identical registration information.

We have restricted from activity all but the first of such identical accounts. ShareBuilder is closing these additional accounts under the provisions of Section 10 of the Account Agreement. Future identical accounts will be likewise restricted.

IMPORTANT
If you have already placed funds in your account, they will be returned to the bank of origin after the normal hold period. If you funded your account with a check, funds will be sent by check to the address of record on the account. If there were securities purchased, those trades will be cancelled.

Oh well, $250 free bucks from Sharebuilder sure was nice...

jeepbrew, how many accounts did you open, and in what timeframe?

And also, had you purchased any stock, and if so, where will it go when closed?

jeepbrew - yeah - what's the story? I think we're all anxious and trigger happy to open 5 accounts ourselves

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.