• 12 3 4510
  • Page
  • Text Only
I'm at 6-- 3 for me, 3 for wife, done in pairs (waited for bonus to land before starting next pair). 4 of the 6 were _clearly_ the same user as I chose the "do you have an existing account" radio button on opening the account and logged in using existing credentials. The last 2 (still waiting on bonuses, but do have the email stating I'm qualified), were a new, separate pair of accounts-- same ss#, however.

jairocon said: jeepbrew - yeah - what's the story? I think we're all anxious and trigger happy to open 5 accounts ourselves

Sorry for the late reply... been on vacation. I successfully opened 5 seperate accounts, all with $50 bonuses. Each time I waited until after I had received the bonus before I opened a new account. Each account was made with different usernames and email addresses, but the same SSN. On the 6th account I even got so far as to get the email stating I qualified for the bonus. Then, just a few days later, I got the message I posted about opening multiple accounts.

Now I do have stock in each account. As of right now, nothing has changed with my original 5 accounts. I can still log in each of them and I still have stock in each account. As far as the 6th account is concerned, if I log in it shows my trade, but it also shows an account value of ZERO. Seeing as how I only bought $5 in stock, I am not too concerned with what happens to that account.

Does sharebuilder do a hard pull for openning an account?

I've never received a hard inquiry for opening a Sharebuilder account.

can somebody PM me a couple of penny stocks, please?

orphanis said: can somebody PM me a couple of penny stocks, please?

Why? So you find a great buy on a super-hot penny stock. You'll need 400 shares of it (or a really impressive run in the market) just to be able to afford the sales commission. This deal isn't so you can buy stock. The deal is in the bonus. The stock is essentially worthless with the $4 commission when you go to sell it.*

* unless you're buying into this deal for a real investment option, and you're sinking $xxx in it... in which case, you might want to look at buying real stock from a real broker.

labboypro said: orphanis said: can somebody PM me a couple of penny stocks, please?

Why? So you find a great buy on a super-hot penny stock. You'll need 400 shares of it (or a really impressive run in the market) just to be able to afford the sales commission. This deal isn't so you can buy stock. The deal is in the bonus. The stock is essentially worthless with the $4 commission when you go to sell it.*

* unless you're buying into this deal for a real investment option, and you're sinking $xxx in it... in which case, you might want to look at buying real stock from a real broker.

I know, I was just looking a 1 share for under $1 to buy. found, scheduled, and waiting for a bonus

baobao73 said: Does sharebuilder do a hard pull for openning an account?

They did me an EQF soft pull.

labboypro said: orphanis said: can somebody PM me a couple of penny stocks, please?

I actually buy $100 worth of stock for each promotion.
I buy the same stock everytime.
In the end, I will combine all the accounts.
And be able to sell all the stock in one transaction.
Since I am spending $100 every time, I hope I will not be blacklisted.
Have gotten in on about 6 promotions so far and got about $260 in promotion money.

theCompDude said: I actually buy $100 worth of stock for each promotion.
I buy the same stock everytime.
In the end, I will combine all the accounts.
And be able to sell all the stock in one transaction.
Since I am spending $100 every time, I hope I will not be blacklisted.
Have gotten in on about 6 promotions so far and got about $260 in promotion money.

Hmmm... that might actually be a decent strategy. I'm at 5 bonuses and haven't been dinged yet, but at $1 buys, I'm certainly more "flagworthy" than your $100 buys... and if you buy something stable, you can likely get your $$$ back out of it when you're done. Only down side I see is that, with $500-1000 invested, if the stock you're buying dips 10%, you're cutting pretty hard into your bonuses.

I've only done one bonus so far, and I bought $100 worth of stock.

I'm thinking $50 worth of stock is more my personal sweet spot.

I received this too after opening numerous accounts. I called them and told them I would be reporting them to the SEC if I did not receive the bonuses. NO WHERE in there terms does it state that I can not have multiple accounts under "different" promotions. They gave me the bonuses!

jeepbrew said: I finally got busted opening my 6th sharebuilder account:

It has been noted that you recently opened multiple accounts, with identical registration information.

We have restricted from activity all but the first of such identical accounts. ShareBuilder is closing these additional accounts under the provisions of Section 10 of the Account Agreement. Future identical accounts will be likewise restricted.

IMPORTANT
If you have already placed funds in your account, they will be returned to the bank of origin after the normal hold period. If you funded your account with a check, funds will be sent by check to the address of record on the account. If there were securities purchased, those trades will be cancelled.

Oh well, $250 free bucks from Sharebuilder sure was nice...

ISK40 $40 + Money mag Expires 12/31 Link

Anyone else partipipate in the D3lta Skymiles 2,000 miles and $25 Bonus Promo? Link
I finished all the steps and have $3 invested. I received an e-mail today saying, "You have met the requirements of the D3lta ShareBuilder promotion and will receive your D3lta $25 Offer within 4-6 weeks." However, there is no mention of the 2,000 miles though, which is the main reason I did it. If you've done this or a similar promo before, please post your outcome. Thanks.

theCompDude said: ISK40 $40 + Money mag Expires 12/31 Link

thx dude!

stateofmind said: I received this too after opening numerous accounts. I called them and told them I would be reporting them to the SEC if I did not receive the bonuses. NO WHERE in there terms does it state that I can not have multiple accounts under "different" promotions. They gave me the bonuses!

I got busted too after opening 7 accounts.
They threatened to close all my accounts except the first one.
I told them the same thing you did and they agreed to keep the account open and give me the bonuses for the accounts opened so far.
But no more new accounts for me.
Looks like free sharebuilder money is over now

theCompDude said:
I told them the same thing you did and they agreed to keep the account open and give me the bonuses for the accounts opened so far.

Yup, I (well, technically my wife) finally got busted on the 24th account. My own profile got shut down months ago on the 22nd account, so it is a bit depressing that the free money is now officially over.

To answer the obvious question, yes I have been doing this for quite a while. I believe the first account was opened in late 2004.

Good luck to everyone still in the game!

How long does it take to get a credit at Ebates? I just got my regular credit but no word from Ebates.

theCompDude said:

Why the Red!?
Is it wrong to expect free money from Sharebuilder !!?

recieved mailing today from sallie mae(my student loan servicer); open new account with sharebuilder as salliemae customer by 8.31.06 and buy one security and recieve 40$, The Automatic Millionaire, and Money mag for 1 year

Dumb Question .. but can i buy MFs .. and does it count as 1 stock buy

Thanks

actiontec23 said: recieved mailing today from sallie mae(my student loan servicer); open new account with sharebuilder as salliemae customer by 8.31.06 and buy one security and recieve 40$, The Automatic Millionaire, and Money mag for 1 year

Link?

Ka-ching for 6 and 7. Going to try again with another code.

You guys do a different code each time, right? Never the same code? (I'm just trying to understand how somebody was able to sign up 22 times... then again since 2004, there could have been so many codes).

jairocon said: You guys do a different code each time, right? Never the same code? (I'm just trying to understand how somebody was able to sign up 22 times... then again since 2004, there could have been so many codes).

I am using one code per person. So wife + me = 2 signups per code. In reading their terms, and when I am clearly indicating I already have an account during signup (and logging in), I believe I am in full compliance with the various offer terms.

labboypro said: Ka-ching for 6 and 7. Going to try again with another code.

This time, how long did it take for the bonus to show up after the required transaction?

psuJC said: actiontec23 said: recieved mailing today from sallie mae(my student loan servicer); open new account with sharebuilder as salliemae customer by 8.31.06 and buy one security and recieve 40$, The Automatic Millionaire, and Money mag for 1 year

Link?

i couldn't find the exact offer on the website from the newsletter; however on sallie mae they have a 30$ offer from sharebuilder amongst other things
sallie mae offers

thanks for the codes.

Guys, I feel kind of stumped, now that I have one account already (through Ebates), I don't know the best way to repeat the process, and I don't know if Ebates rebates stack.

In an ideal world, I'd like to do the following:

1) Get an Ebates bonus again.
2) Get a $50ish sharebuilder promo again
3) Have the accounts linked right away

Is there a sequence I can do for all three?

If not, I'll be happy to sacrifice the linking first. And if the Ebates bonuses don't stack, then is it possible to get the usual sharebuilder promo while not claiming to be a completely new customer (I don't see a place to enter promo codes)

I feel like such a noob.

markkundinger said: Guys, I feel kind of stumped

I would follow linkies in OP or some of the later posts. That'll auto-fill the promo code. Once there, open a NEW INDIVIDUAL account. During the data collection, there's a place to tell them you already have an account. Select that and all your info gets auto-pop'd in. Voila. Wait until the bonus lands, then xfer your share(s) to the first account (they have a fax form for this).

So... using that method, no more Ebates when adding subsequent accounts? (I still don't know if Ebates promos can stack in general)

markkundinger said: So... using that method, no more Ebates when adding subsequent accounts? (I still don't know if Ebates promos can stack in general)

mark - no more Ebates unless you have another Ebates account. Besides the only other $50 promo that is working right now - the iplangift - needs to be opened through the link, otherwise it will show invalid if you just enter it. I opened my second sharebuilder acct yesterday with the iplangift link (my first sharebuilder used entertain50 code). I already got the email that the promo code was accepted. I didn't link my accts - I used a different email/bank. It would have been easier to link them though.

Are there any $50 codes that still work with Ebates? It looks like they have all expired. I wonder if the codes would still work despite being expired.

EDIT: It seems the entertain50 code still works despite being expired. Just signed up through Ebates and used this code and got confirmation from sharebuilder.

labboypro said: jairocon said: You guys do a different code each time, right? Never the same code? (I'm just trying to understand how somebody was able to sign up 22 times... then again since 2004, there could have been so many codes).

I am using one code per person. So wife + me = 2 signups per code. In reading their terms, and when I am clearly indicating I already have an account during signup (and logging in), I believe I am in full compliance with the various offer terms.

Just got the nastygram from them saying accounts suspended, etc. I've read their T&C a gazillion times, and that, combined with the fact that I'm clearly indicating that I already have an account with them (by logging into it when prompted), and in doing so, have not violated the T&C... the only thing they'll have left is the old "we can terminate your account for any reason at any time" clause... which I expect they'll exercise once pressed.

... This deal isn't so you can buy stock. The deal is in the bonus. The stock is essentially worthless with the $4 commission when you go to sell it.*

I wonder if you can avoid the stock sale fee if you buy a stock which has announced a "going private" or "buyout" deal. I've read in other forums that a discount broker didn't charge a sale commission on a stock that was taken private (i.e. some organization paid cash to buyout all outstanding shares - so you don't initiate a sale). Of course there's some risk if the private deal doesn't go through but I was just wondering if anyone has tried this or if Sharebuilder doesn't charge sale commissions in these special situations.

labboypro said: labboypro said: jairocon said: You guys do a different code each time, right? Never the same code? (I'm just trying to understand how somebody was able to sign up 22 times... then again since 2004, there could have been so many codes).

Just got the nastygram from them saying accounts suspended, etc. I've read their T&C a gazillion times, and that, combined with the fact that I'm clearly indicating that I already have an account with them (by logging into it when prompted), and in doing so, have not violated the T&C... the only thing they'll have left is the old "we can terminate your account for any reason at any time" clause... which I expect they'll exercise once pressed.

If you lay out the case in lurid detail for them and dangle the reminder that there's no shortage of class-action attorneys, that the SEC & BBB both have dispute processes, it should cause them to recant and realize it's cheaper to pay your bonuses.

Their T&C are usually pathetic and sloppy so it's their own fault.

Question for those who have received nastygrams: At the time you received the nastygram, how many sharebuilder accounts did you have? Like six or eight just laying around? Or had you been opening the accounts, and then transferring the assets back to one account?

Since we don't know exactly how Sharebuilder is looking for scammers, it might make a difference.

- If they are looking for lots of open accounts tied to the same SSN, then leaving all the accounts open would raise a red flag, while having only one account might not.

- Conversely, doing the asset transfers might attract undue attention all by itself.

- Then again, if they're just looking at bonus payouts or something, then it may not matter at all.

labboypro said: Just got the nastygram from them saying accounts suspended, etc. I've read their T&C a gazillion times, and that, combined with the fact that I'm clearly indicating that I already have an account with them (by logging into it when prompted), and in doing so, have not violated the T&C... the only thing they'll have left is the old "we can terminate your account for any reason at any time" clause... which I expect they'll exercise once pressed.

I called that one... just got the following

Please be aware that in Section 10 of our account agreement it does state: ShareBuilder further reserves the right to reject an Account Application for any reason. We do encourage you to contact us by phone if you have additional questions. You can contact Customer Care between 5:00am and 6:00pm Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, at 800-SHR-BLDR (800-747-2537).
Sincerely,

Julie Bowman
Customer Care Agent
ShareBuilder - Build your Future

Labby, your many accounts, one login, or many logins? Were they all still open at the time of the nastygram, or had you be transferring/consolidating assets?

markkundinger said: Labby, your many accounts, one login, or many logins? Were they all still open at the time of the nastygram, or had you be transferring/consolidating assets?

I opened 2 at a time, one for me, one for spouse. Waited for bonus. Rinse, repeat. Each one was linked to the previous one during the signup where it asks if you already have an account with them (I chose Yes and logged in when prompted). All purchases were for $1 fractional share of XOM. Some time after bonus, I would fax them the transfer form to move the stock into the original account.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014