• 123 4 510
  • Page
  • Text Only
Offer for the SunTrust Bank customers (it means it's limited to a few US states):

This

Offer expires 10/31/06

g10ny said: Offer for the SunTrust Bank customers (it means it's limited to a few US states):

This

Offer expires 10/31/06

... I don't see an obvious way that Sharebuilder would know if the applicant is a SunTrust customer or not?

Neither do I, but at least we should be warned about this. It's a similar issue to that one raised in the $100 bonus for MBNA cardmembers opening new BofA checking accounts (although these have merged by now)

A recurring issue is this: given the fact that this offer has a code, contrary to the iplangift one, can it be double dipped with Ebates?

Added the new $50 code freeguidebt (expires 08/31) from Compass Bank as well.

g10ny said: A recurring issue is this: given the fact that this offer has a code, contrary to the iplangift one, can it be double dipped with Ebates?

Heck, I'm still trying to figure out if Ebates, itself, can be double-dipped.

I'll take this as a yes

Oh sorry, the smiley ( ) was not an indication that I've double-dipped Ebates. Just that I'd like to.

Hey, Mark, this is the ShareBuilder topic, so I was not talking about double-dipping e.bates, just sharebuilder itself
But even though my bonus is on its way to my USAA account, I'll refrain from signing up again until you solve the problem

Okay, back to Sharebuilder. I just bought $20 of Berkshire Hathaway Class B. It's only the "cheap" version of Warren Buffet's stock, but it's still almost $3000 a share, so I figured it was a good match for fractional investing.

Here's a new one for everyone. I've been shut down but there is no reason others can't have some fun.

$30 - People's Trust Federal Credit Union PEOPLE30, exp. unknown

Will also post in the quick summary.

labboypro said:

I opened 2 at a time, one for me, one for spouse. Waited for bonus. Rinse, repeat. Each one was linked to the previous one during the signup where it asks if you already have an account with them (I chose Yes and logged in when prompted). All purchases were for $1 fractional share of XOM. Some time after bonus, I would fax them the transfer form to move the stock into the original account.

Question for you regarding the transfer forms: did you have to have the forms notarized as it seems to require on the form? I would like to consolidate all my accounts now that I have received the nastygram, but it seems kind of silly to have a notary stamp 20+ forms to transfer $1 worth of stock each. I don't see why a notary would be require if you are simply moving stocks between your own accounts.

lsufanatic said: Question for you regarding the transfer forms: did you have to have the forms notarized as it seems to require on the form? I would like to consolidate all my accounts now that I have received the nastygram, but it seems kind of silly to have a notary stamp 20+ forms to transfer $1 worth of stock each. I don't see why a notary would be require if you are simply moving stocks between your own accounts.

Funny thing... I did NOT notarize the first one, and they screamed bloody murder. So I resent it notarized, along with 2 others. They transferred that batch over. Next round, I sent one form notarized and one not. No problems. Then, I recently asked them in an email (after they shut me down) to transfer the rest over. They did. So, apparently the notarization is only required when they feel like it.

Just used the SunTrust Bank code...you don't need to be a SunTrust customer to qualify. You can debit funds from any bank account.

excuse my ignorance .. what stocks /ipo/ETF can be bought for $1 .. + $4(comm)

Thanks

boldm28 said: excuse my ignorance .. what stocks /ipo/ETF can be bought for $1 .. + $4(comm)

Thanks

Try MEMY (1.0383 as of Friday's close).

boldm28 said: excuse my ignorance .. what stocks /ipo/ETF can be bought for $1 .. + $4(comm)

Pick any ETF or beyond microcap stock and it should probably be available through sharebuilder. There are some exceptions (I wasn't able to buy Berkshire Hathaway class A through there, just class B)

Thanks

Buying of partial shares is allowed, go for a partial share of Berkshire Hathaway.

Hi...I didn't have a sharebuilder account but opened one with Promo Code: HH50LOGIN after I saw a promo box, this is for $50 and they confirmed it. I found a promo for TRADEKING that is supposed to be good for $100; I think it is "INVESTOR" but you should google. Also make sure SB confirms your promo, they did for my 1st, not my costco, and TK takes a longtime to setup an ACH, like 10 days, and I haven't confirmed the promo yet.

Anyway, SogoInvest has $1 trades for 90 days! But don't they have all the features of TK's $5 trades.

But later I went to my Costco account and found that FROM the Costco website I could sign up for another account with a $65 promo. The below don't work but are referenced quite frequently on the web. Your Costco acct. # is also asked for.
$65 Gold Star and Business Members: costco65e06
$85 Executive Members: costco85e06

Anyway, I opened up an IRA account at SB but find they charge $25 a year for, will see if there is a trial with it.

Also ppl say they are charged $4 for a trade, but a _new_ standard acct. should have 6 free trades, if your is like mine, maybe you have basic. The cs person said it wasn't turned on for my account but then said she turned it on.

I have not "backtested" so don't know if the stuff I posted has been discussed before.

SB pulled a credit report from EQUIFAX and said they cannot verify my info
they want me to fax

photo copy of SSN # card
Utility bill
Bank statements ( who gets bank statements in the mail now a days , weather you like it or not some banks just go ahead and
give u a e-statement .. is it safe to trust these guys with SSN .. call me paranoid

ssn is necessary for them, ie sb, to report tax information on capital gains to gov

yup , got of the phone .. talked to a nice CSR . got my account activated in no time .. , now waitin for the funds to show up

I opened another SB account, this time from Continental One pass, there was two versions, one had $25 and 2000 FF miles and 175 FF miles/mo for a pre-paid monthly account. But I chose the one with 2000 FF miles and 5 free automatic trades...in thinking 'bout it, the Costco one probably doesn't have free trades, unlike the/my HH one with 6 free trades/$50 and the Continental with 2000ff miles and 5 free trades, The Continental one requires your One Pass number, which I have had for 13 years but can be gotten immediately I think.

Hey I also have a SogoInvest account and a Tradeking acct.
For 90 days SI trades are $1! TK trades are $4.95 but has stop loss and until filled limits etc( ie the RealDeal!); but they take about 10 days for full activation, so after figuring out SB and SI, you will or might be ready for TK! Transfering money maybe difficult between accts, but there is a method for transferring stocks which actually might be more transparent at least when opening an account, though I haven't done it yet.

I just got an email from Sallie Mae. They have a new code for $50.00, there isn't a link.

The code is smeaug50

Expires 9/30/2006

Thanks for the code HTH.

Anyone notice the cosmetic changes to Sharebuilder's site? I think I like them. However, they also seem to have confused Fidelity's Yodlee-based account-aggregation service.

markkundinger said: Thanks for the code HTH.

Anyone notice the cosmetic changes to Sharebuilder's site? I think I like them. However, they also seem to have confused Fidelity's Yodlee-based account-aggregation service.

Yodlee is usually on it within a couple of days.

slimcustomer said: jeepbrew said: I have a question: Can one person get multiple bonuses by opening mulitple accounts?

For example: If I got the $50 IPLANGIFT bonus, can I open a new account and get the $40 holiday bonus?[/L]

Sharebuilder crackdown?

Thanks to NoMorePay for finding the $40 gift card and $30 Holiday cash bonus offers posted in the quick summary.

I have three accounts with bonuses and an IRA account at Sharebuilder. I will trade on Tuesday for the first time for the three to or for as to facilitate the free bonuses, each of which require a trade and waiting at least 4 weeks. The first account, which was probably the best offer, was from HSBC, I think and I have no affiliation, just found a code. The subsequent 2 accounts were with Costco and One Pass, Continetal's FF program, and both of these I have been members of for many years and had to provide an appropiate member number or code.

Anyway, I will expect to receive all the bonuses as they are legit.

mackell said: I joined months ago. I opened with $25, invested it and within 4 or 5 weeks they deposited my bonus cash. Real time trades run ya about $15 but I have been using the $4 option. You submit your order and they are processed every other Tuesday. I thing you have to place your order 8 days before the next available processing Tuesday. I did it for the free cash, have a few shares of Sirius now and every once in a while they send me a freebie real time trade and upgrade offers. I have had no problems at all.

Thanks for mentioning the freebie REAL TIME trades!

markkundinger said: Thanks for the code HTH.

I noticed, because it's now broken in both Avant and IE 7. FireFox still seems oK though

lsufanatic said: theCompDude said:
I got busted too after opening 7 accounts.
They threatened to close all my accounts except the first one.
I told them the same thing you did and they agreed to keep the account open and give me the bonuses for the accounts opened so far.
But no more new accounts for me.
Looks like free sharebuilder money is over now

Yup, I (well, technically my wife) finally got busted on the 24th account. My own profile got shut down months ago on the 22nd account, so it is a bit depressing that the free money is now officially over.

To answer the obvious question, yes I have been doing this for quite a while. I believe the first account was opened in late 2004.

Good luck to everyone still in the game!

I think I will be stopping on three (3) accounts. However, I will be making my trade for each to receive the bonus on the same Tuesday. Reading about it here, I guess it should be the same stock, so I can consolidate it into one account, and if I decide to sell or move it, do this likewise at once.

EQREWARDS30 $30 + "The Automatic Millionaire" book + One year "Money" magazine
FOLLETT50 $50 (Thanks richardc020 @ SD)

CAMPUS50, $50 Barnes&Noble GC

I got this email:

Thank you for opening your ShareBuilder account. To receive your $50 account bonus, all you need to do is make sure you've set up your Automatic Investment Plan and have a transaction before............

Anybody know what's up with the auto. invest part?

Well you need to invest/transact at least once, and the market/realtime invest is around $15, so you got to do one of the Tuesday things...Well with my three accounts, one has received the 2,000 FF miles for Continental. The other two require 4 to 6 weeks from first auto invest for the cash of $50 or $65. The Costco one seems the best deal, I thought I would have to pay per investment but it had free ones too, but they expire, the One pass 5 free transactions last until the end of March.

LOOPHOLE said: I got this email:

Thank you for opening your ShareBuilder account. To receive your $50 account bonus, all you need to do is make sure you've set up your Automatic Investment Plan and have a transaction before............

Anybody know what's up with the auto. invest part?

What I did was:

1. Transfer $5 from my bank to Sharebuilder account;
2. Choose the standard atuo investment plan for $4 per trade;
3. Select to fund the account with check/money market account, NOT my bank account.
4. Buy $1 of any stocks.

Since there are only $5 in my Sharebuilder account and I choose to fund my account with check, the trade will happen only once. After 4 - 6 weeks, I got the promotion offer of $50 without any problem.

By the way, I faxed the form over to Sharebuilder to consolidate my two bonus-only accounts into one bonus only account. They transferred over my $14 of stock no problem a day or two later, and I go ta confirmation email when they did it.

I'm kind of hoping that this will allow me to long-term score more promotions. At this moment, it apears to have had neither a positive nor negative effect.

At least it reduces the number of accounts I have to keep track of.

I am not sure if this is not actually flagging for multiple accounts. Review means the end of free $50. I'd just forget about the $1 of stock. But that's just me.

I bought about $100 of stock the first time, and $16 the second time, so for me they're "novelty" invesments... but I still don't want to lose track of them.

I am at $100 the first time, then two $50 in terms of each investment...I will try to combine after I receive 2 Sharebuilder payments, one $50 and one $65.

Is this going to go on our credit reports?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.