• Text Only
Each time I opened a Sharebuilder account, a soft pull showed up on EQF. Nothing more than that.

Yes, I think. Even though I was trying to use some of my "free" transactions, I got it for trying to invest $4 in a couple of my accounts that were Basic, but not in Standard mode, ie in standard I added to my investment $4 brkh b; but not the 2 basic accounts. Try $5!

Wow thanks for the speedy reply! You're right, that worked perfectly. Stupid me! I look forward to Tuesday

Yes, I think. Even though I was trying to use some of my "free" transactions, I got it for trying to invest $4 in a couple of my accounts that were Basic, but not in Standard mode, ie in standard I added to my investment $4 brkh b; but not the 2 basic accounts. Try $5!

I have three Sharebuilder accounts under one umbrella.

My first account which came from a HouseHold Bank promo (found the code on the internet after a search) was just awarded $50; I think I will put it in my bank account in a couple of days to avoid the $4 for a Tuesday daily cost averaging deposit. However, I was given a free realtime market award so could "invest it", but I might as well use the free non-expiring commission to sell my $100 grubstate when the time comes.

My second account is based on my Costco memebership and I just received $65; my "free" investments expire at the end of September, so will add it to my Bershire Hathaway B stock, I think.

My third account was awarded or it awareded to my Continental FF account, 2000 FF miles. However, I have some commisionless trades, 4, that don't expire until the end of March. I might transfer the Costco grubstake to this account eventually using the equity tranfer function.

For some reason, Sallie Mae code cannot be used on the ShareBuilder site.

g10ny said: For some reason, Sallie Mae code cannot be used on the ShareBuilder site.

Some codes seem to work as codes that you simply enter, others may exist as codes but you need to enter into a Sharebuilder acct setup from a specific sponsoring site.

the HH code was that, but the costco codes were really required to be enter from a costco site

$30 and a free guide to long term investing from PaTelCo. Expires 12/31/06.

I know this is a stupid question, but can anyone help me a bit? Thanks

I made an Automatic Investing with no fee. But how can I sell it? Real-time trading costs $14 something, right?

Your question is not in the scope of this thread, we're only dealing with bonuses here
Frankly, unless you buy a bigger slice of share, why bother for $3 or $1? You're right, the cost would be counterproductive!

Just wait for the bonus to show up (1 month), withdraw it, etc etc.

Thanks, g10ny!
I was thinking of that...

g10ny said: Your question is not in the scope of this thread, we're only dealing with bonuses here
Frankly, unless you buy a bigger slice of share, why bother for $3 or $1? You're right, the cost would be counterproductive!

Just wait for the bonus to show up (1 month), withdraw it, etc etc.

Well I withdrew $50 ok from one promo account that had no trading credits left, and invested $65 from a promo in a different account that had 2 months of trading credits ok; my third account provided 2000 FF miles but has trading credits that last until the end of March, but of what value are these? I thought I might appreciate the chance to use the credits, but realize they aren't of value to me. I guess I chose them over the extra Continental benefit of $25. My first account was awarded a free market trade so I can sell the about $100 worth of Berkshire Hathaway if and when the time comes, the second account is now worth $115 and the third account worth $50 can have there stock tranfered to the first account which can then be sold with the market credit.

Dumb question maybe.. I'm a noob.
I joined Ebates, clicked through Ebates to join sharebuilder, did the entertain50 thing. It told me I qualified for the promotion, BUT on Ebates it's not showing a $20 reward. All it's showing is Sharebuilder and a tracking ticket, but nothing about $20. Can someone help me?

You have to make at least a trade in order to qualify for both of them. Sharebuilder only said promotion has been accepted, but if you don't do this trade, you won't get the bonus.

Those $65 and $85 Costco codes that mejensen1 posted worked great,just signed for the $85 credit .
I could not find them on the Costco site,only thing they had was the $55 deal.
Thanks

Ok, thank you G10NY!

On the Ebates site it said to deposit a minimum of $20. Is that new or did you guys deposited $5 anyway and still got the $20 from Ebates. TIA

dluong819 said: On the Ebates site it said to deposit a minimum of $20. Is that new or did you guys deposited $5 anyway and still got the $20 from Ebates. TIA

Fairly sure that is something new, I do not recall seeing that previously.

mminauro1 said: Those $65 and $85 Costco codes that mejensen1 posted worked great,just signed for the $85 credit .
I could not find them on the Costco site,only thing they had was the $55 deal.
Thanks

I only find the $55 at Costco site.... I wish I could find the $85....

**************************************************************************************************
Edit on 09/28/06:

The $65 are for GOLD STAR or BUSINESS MEMBERS; $85 are for EXECUTIVES MEMBERS bonus. Check the website http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdcon/jump/partner/costco/standard/offer_popup.htm

Good Luck!!!!!

dluong819 said: On the Ebates site it said to deposit a minimum of $20. Is that new or did you guys deposited $5 anyway and still got the $20 from Ebates. TIA

Thanks for the heads-up, I finally understood why it did not work last time... (but you can still fund with $20 and then make a $3 transaction and withdraw the remaining $17. Please correct me if I am wrong.
OP must be updated

mejensen1 said: Well I withdrew $50 ok from one promo account that had no trading credits left, and invested $65 from a promo in a different account that had 2 months of trading credits ok; my third account provided 2000 FF miles but has trading credits that last until the end of March, but of what value are these? I thought I might appreciate the chance to use the credits, but realize they aren't of value to me. I guess I chose them over the extra Continental benefit of $25. My first account was awarded a free market trade so I can sell the about $100 worth of Berkshire Hathaway if and when the time comes, the second account is now worth $115 and the third account worth $50 can have there stock tranfered to the first account which can then be sold with the market credit.

I also open 3 accounts under the same umberla: 1st to get $65 Costco bonus, 2n to get $50 from Ebates (ENTERTAIN50) and a 3rd one also for $50 under the promo code IPLANGIFT. For all of them I got an email saying my code was accepted and I will receive my bones 4-6 weeks afte the day I trade. $103 profit ($115-$12 (3x$4 for basic fees) - check this http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=52&threadid=557133

mejensen1 I was wondering, How long after you open your sharebuilder account you got the free market award?

The FF miles came within 2 weeks. The other promotions 4 weeks.

I saw this $40 bonus promotion on Regions' website. I don't know if you have to have some relationship with Regions to get this bonus, but here's the link. The code is fall40.

Found this Link today: http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdcon/jump/partner/ymoney40/?cobrand=www

Promo code: ISK40 Good for $40 bonus, Automatic Millionare book, and 1 year subscription to Money Magazine

Anyone notice that you can't enter a promo code through the Ebates link anymore? Also can't seem to enter any of the promo codes on the website once the account is created.

Oh well, opened two accounts, and made sure I qualified for the $50 bonus before I do on the Ebates one, so if they cancel one they cancel my Ebates one (hopefully).

Edit: Or I swear I couldn't when I opened on Friday, maybe I had cookies issues.

Nevermind, seems to work again.

I signed up through the Ebates link; which stated on the page that I would get an extra $20. I also entered the $50 promo code. After transferring money into the Sharebuilder account, I recieved one confirmation email that I would get my $50 bonus, and I got another $50 bonus confirmation email after I bought $3 worth of HAL stock.

However, nothing about the $20. So I think the Ebates deal is dead.

9/21/2006 ACH ACH DEPOSIT - ONE-TIME $7.00
9/26/2006 BUY ORDER POSTING 0.1053 HAL ($7.00)

So towards the end of October, I'll start looking for my $50.00

For e.bates bonus purposes, there is a newly imposed $20 minimum requirement.

g10ny said: For e.bates bonus purposes, there is a newly imposed $20 minimum requirement.
The site implies $20 funding, but no specific purchase min. Is that how you read it as well, or am I mis-reading it?

(One time only. Requires new ShareBuilder account to be initially funded with at least $20.00 and one trade.)

This is my guess as well.

I successfuly received my third $50 bonus (already sitting pretty in my bank). Will try for another! I only did Ebates on my first account opening, didn't do it since.

Is the Costco 85/65 promo still running? Can't find it on their site...anyone have a link?

nevermind

On the Account-Overview page there is a tab labeled: "Promotions" with the text:

To be entered into a ShareBuilder promotion, enter the promotion code, select an account and click Enter. If you have questions about promotions, read some of our promotion FAQs.

The FAQ states these are codes to open new accounts but the only way to get to this 'page' is to have an account. Anyone tried to enter one of the 'promo' codes or what have you found that works on this page?

jairocon said: I successfuly received my third $50 bonus (already sitting pretty in my bank). Will try for another! I only did Ebates on my first account opening, didn't do it since.

Did Ebates too, but Sharebuilder is finally getting hip - turned down on my 7th account, and the newbie bonuses are shrinking too. The $1 stock I randomly picked is up 40% - go figure.

Well - sharebuilder caught on to me with my 4th account. They didn't even bother emailing me or anything - I just found this message posted within my 4th account:

10/08/06 It has been noted that you have opened multiple accounts, with identical registration information. We have restricted from activity all but the first of such identical accounts. Future identical accounts will be likewise restricted.

So I guess my ride is over. I didn't even get to fund my 4th account.

How much time did you give between opening accounts? Just curious.

This was my "history" with sharebuilder:

Code: ENTERTAIN50
Opened: 5/11
Acct: jairocon #1
Ebates: yes
Bonus received: 6/15

Code: IPLANGIFT
Opened: 7/15
Acct: jairocon #2
Ebates: no
Bonus received: 7/17

Code: FREEGUIDEBT
Opened: 8/28
Acct: jairocon #1
Bonus received: 10/5

Code: STBANK50
Opened: 10/8
Acct: jairocon #2
Bonus received: no
Account cancelled: 10/8

I have used only two accounts to sign up with sharebuilder. Both had exactly the same info, just different usernames/passwords and different funding banks. Only in one account under the last signup it shows that they're shutting me down, the first account doesn't have anything written in it.

So quite a bit of time between each one. Dang - I was hoping that it was because you had not given enough time between account openings. Sounds like some are opening all the accounts in a week.

Funding? $5 each time or $50?

YeOleImposter said: Funding? $5 each time or $50?$5 for each one.

Gravy train stopped after the 3rd bonus here as well.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014