• 131 32 33343536
  • Page
  • Text Only
Based on what that article says in the link...then it simply comes down to this.....All the Cards were originally managed by Citibank with Associated Bank's Co-branding on them..

Half of them (including mine) is staying managed by Citibank is now owned by Citi and is no longer co-branded with Associated Bank....The other half (including your card) is temporarily continuing to be managed by Citi..but will be moving to US Bank next year when they assume the management and ownership of the accounts....but those will stay co-branded with the Associated Bank name....

I have to be concerned whether Citi will be willing for the long term, to stay with the 5% rewards program on my card....You have to be concerned whether your new owner, US Bank will be willing to continue the program after it takes over your account....This is what we will have to wait to see what happens.....

By the way..when you talk of someone not knowing how to read...what you don't seem to read is that my account is no longer co-branded with Associated Bank at all....it is now pure Citibank...though the CSR told me that they will continue to honor the 5% rewards program on it...for how long...who knows? Because technically my card is just a plan ol' Citi Platinum Select Card now....Which actually has no cash rewards program at all (normally)....

craig10x said: I have to be concerned whether Citi will be willing for the long term, to stay with the 5% rewards program on my card....You have to be concerned whether your new owner, US Bank will be willing to continue the program after it takes over your account....This is what we will have to wait to see what happens.....

My understanding is that the Associated Bank credit card is similar to Charles Schwab or Fidelity 2% card. I mean, Associated Bank owns the name of the card, but they ask Citi Bank to manage and run the card. My guess is, the 5% CashBack should come from Associated Bank, not Citi Bank, just like the 2% CashBack of Schwab or Fidelity card. So in this case, it is still Associated Bank credit card, except that U.S. bank will manage the card instead of Citi Bank after 6 months. So hopefully, the 5% CashBack will be alive, if the 5% CashBack DOES come from Associated Bank, like I guessed.

viptext said: The trick is, the 5% CashBack should come from Associated Bank, not Citi Bank, just like the 2% CashBack of Schwab or Fidelity card.Says who?

Now that my Associated Bank card is transferred to Citi and closed, I decided to reapply for the card using the phone application process.

Stupid? Perhaps. I guess I'll see what the result is in a week or so

LH2004 said: viptext said: The trick is, the 5% CashBack should come from Associated Bank, not Citi Bank, just like the 2% CashBack of Schwab or Fidelity card.Says who?

sorry, that's just my guess.

That has always been a question in my mind...who is it that actually paid the 5% rewards...was it Associated Bank itself or was it Citibank?
Because if we had the answer to that...it might give one a clue to what the eventual outcome will be for the "two seperate roads" this card has taken now (lol)

ellory said: Now that my Associated Bank card is transferred to Citi and closed, I decided to reapply for the card using the phone application process.

Stupid? Perhaps. I guess I'll see what the result is in a week or so

FWIW, I don't think you are stupid at all. My bet, based on a recent small sample, is you will get a CL of $12K and will be receiving AB statements. Please let us know how it really goes.

So I got approved for the Associated Bank card with a $15,000 credit line, yay.

I have an Associated Bank 5% card that auto-converted to a Citi Dividend card. I received the letter stating that the account would be closed on November 1. The account is still listed on the Citi website. The only change that I see is that the "Earned dollars" have disappeared. It doesn't say zero, it just totally missing. I'm hoping that this indicates that they have sent me a check for the accumulated cash rewards.

bluechalk said: I have an Associated Bank 5% card that auto-converted to a Citi Dividend card. I received the letter stating that the account would be closed on November 1. The account is still listed on the Citi website. The only change that I see is that the "Earned dollars" have disappeared. It doesn't say zero, it just totally missing. I'm hoping that this indicates that they have sent me a check for the accumulated cash rewards.If I were you I would call to
1. See if you can have your rebate check sent ( I did 10 days ago)
2. Find out the status of your account. As I indicated above, its not obvious, however you can try the contact by secure email option. If you get a "general error" I suspect your account is closed

bluechalk said: I have an Associated Bank 5% card that auto-converted to a Citi Dividend card. I received the letter stating that the account would be closed on November 1. The account is still listed on the Citi website. The only change that I see is that the "Earned dollars" have disappeared. It doesn't say zero, it just totally missing. I'm hoping that this indicates that they have sent me a check for the accumulated cash rewards.

I'm a bit surprised that they even bothered to convert yours, when they planned to close your account anyway...i'd think they would have just left it as an Associated Bank Card and closed it that way....

Mine was converted to the Citi card, but supposedly it is staying open and continuing with the 5% (at least for the present..the future: who knows???).....
Sounds like they are all messed up on how these cards are being handled....doesn't give me much confidence in the way they are handling things over there at Citibank....

Well, here is my experience, called Assoc Bank CS today to check on when my rewards would be sent out. I'm told tough luck, rewards are cancelled ($200.00+) and that they sent a letter out stating my card was cancelled and rewards are forfitted. No such letter have I seen. So, after speaking with their CS top person and exchanging arguements and threats, no rewards. They will foward my case to ??? for further consideration. If this plays out against me it surely will be the same for others. Looks like a Citi has taken to stealing, a new low for CC providers. Will keep you all posted.

dealsahunting said: ...Looks like a Citi has taken to stealing, a new low for CC providers. Will keep you all posted.

What do you mean "new low"? CC providers have been lower than this for a long time!

On Sept 30, ellory said: Look, none of us know what is going to happen - not even the CSRs given the changing answers we get. So, the proper course of action is
1a. If you can spend enough (including buying grocery cards) to get to the $50 award level, then do so and cash out before 10/31
1b If you can't, call in and plead your case to a CSR and see if you can cash out at less than $50. Seems like they have lots of discretion, so just be nice
2. Wait until after 10/31 to see what happens

In the meantime we can seek more clarification, but, as my goal is maximizing rewards and minimizing risk, I can't foresee that any new information would change my behavior (with the exception of - that if I knew the card was not being closed and the rewards were being maintained under (1a) above I would not buy grocery cards and I could skip (1b) above

my account still under Associated bank, but when I clicked reward it took me to a travel reward site.
https://www.travelermiles.com/
I hope they tell us what will happen.

watssion said: my account still under Associated bank, but when I clicked reward it took me to a travel reward site.
Call them

This one has been there for a long time. So no change has been made to your account yet.
watssion said: my account still under Associated bank, but when I clicked reward it took me to a travel reward site.

Here's an update on my Associated Bank card that I recently received.

-the card is green and silver and only says "Associated Bank" and "Cash Rebate" on it
-I googled "Assocated Bank cards" and went to http://www.associatedbank.com/Personal/CreditCards.asp from there I clicked Sign-On which took me to the co-branded Citi/AB site https://www.accountonline.com/cards/svc/Login.do?groupId=CBDE&siteId=ASSOCIATED&NEXT_SCREEN=/AccountSummary&langId=EN
-I registered my account and now have Associated Bank Visa® Platinum listed on the site, the card is all silver and looks a little different from the card I have. It has a link for Earned Rebates which just reloads the page, says I have $0.00 in cash rebates, and has a link for See Details which takes me to an error page.

Looks like I'm in the clear so far.

Also, I tried to add the card to thankyou.com, assuming maybe it would work and of course it didn't.

PhrostByte, if by "in the clear" you mean not getting your account immediately closed, then yes, probably. But you may want to pay attention to speculations and rumors about what US Bank/Elan might be up to as soon as they take your account off Citi's hands.

I am starting to think that all recently opened accounts are going the US Bank route. Or did anyone who opened their account in August or later get switched to the Citi card?

PhrostByte said: Here's an update on my Associated Bank card that I recently received.

-the card is green and silver and only says "Associated Bank" and "Cash Rebate" on it
-I googled "Assocated Bank cards" and went to http://www.associatedbank.com/Personal/CreditCards.asp from there I clicked Sign-On which took me to the co-branded Citi/AB site https://www.accountonline.com/cards/svc/Login.do?groupId=CBDE&si...
-I registered my account and now have Associated Bank Visa® Platinum listed on the site, the card is all silver and looks a little different from the card I have. It has a link for Earned Rebates which just reloads the page, says I have $0.00 in cash rebates, and has a link for See Details which takes me to an error page.

Looks like I'm in the clear so far.

Also, I tried to add the card to thankyou.com, assuming maybe it would work and of course it didn't.

exactly what I have, except I've got mine back in July. No notices yet.

dealsahunting said: Well, here is my experience, called Assoc Bank CS today to check on when my rewards would be sent out. I'm told tough luck, rewards are cancelled ($200.00+) and that they sent a letter out stating my card was cancelled and rewards are forfitted. No such letter have I seen. So, after speaking with their CS top person and exchanging arguements and threats, no rewards. They will foward my case to ??? for further consideration. If this plays out against me it surely will be the same for others. Looks like a Citi has taken to stealing, a new low for CC providers. Will keep you all posted. UPDATE: Hooray, today I've received a check for my cash rebate rewards. The attached letter said "Enclosed you will find a cash rebate check for the remaining balance of the Associated Bank Credit Card Rebate Dollars you have accumulated. This card product was discontinued as of October 31, 2009 and is no longer included in the Cash Rebate Rewards Program". Sincerely, S. Larson Customer Service. I'm wondering if it was my threats of contacting Federal & State banking oversite offices that won my appeal or this payment was just part of the normal closing process of the card. If anyone else has received a check payment without calling & complaining let us know. It surely would releive the confusion.

My child received a rebate check with the same letter. Check was for less than $50

yes, my wife received the chk for $165.86 w/ the same letter.

For the Associated Bank cardholders, how do you get details on your rewards activity? Unlike with my Citi Dividend card, on AB's online you can't view any details about rewards activity. My account says I have earned $49 year-to-date yet I noticed I earned $0 rewards the past month. Does the "year-to-date" total actually mean total since I last requested a check?

rdilliker said: For the Associated Bank cardholders, how do you get details on your rewards activity? Unlike with my Citi Dividend card, on AB's online you can't view any details about rewards activity. My account says I have earned $49 year-to-date yet I noticed I earned $0 rewards the past month. Does the "year-to-date" total actually mean total since I last requested a check?Its on each statement. Does your last statement show $0 earned?

ellory said: rdilliker said: For the Associated Bank cardholders, how do you get details on your rewards activity? Unlike with my Citi Dividend card, on AB's online you can't view any details about rewards activity. My account says I have earned $49 year-to-date yet I noticed I earned $0 rewards the past month. Does the "year-to-date" total actually mean total since I last requested a check?Its on each statement. Does your last statement show $0 earned?

It says:

Rebate Dollars Earned this Month $0
Rebate Dollars Earned YTD $49.70

I looked back at my previous statements this year and it looks like "YTD" really means dollars earned since last rebate check. This is quite misleading, but whatever.

Targeted?: AA*RP Chase Visa is offering 5% C@sh Back on gas, groceries, dining, and Drug*store purchases beginning 1/1/10 through 3/31/10. Enrollment code mailed, registration required. YMMV.

Edit: corrected for auto links

I requested my ABCR rebate check and had apparently no problems. They say it'll take 10ish days depending on mail, so I'll report back to see how soon I get it. I've had the card for over a year.

I use American Express ® Premier Rewards Gold Card
It offers the following
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points when you spend $1,000 in your first 3 months of Card membership
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards bonus points when you spend $30,000 per calendar year.

-----------------------------------------------------
First Data Merchant Credit Card Processing Services
Contact us now! Toll Free 1866-348-7926

Why is this thread still active? There ARE no 5% cards anymore.

fasttimes said: Why is this thread still active? There ARE no 5% cards anymore.That isn't necessarily true - many people still have cards with grandfathered 5% programs, Citi mtvU/Forward offer 5 TYP in selected categories (not exactly 5% but close), and other cards offer promos (such as Discover More 5% categories).

mttatkns said: fasttimes said: Why is this thread still active? There ARE no 5% cards anymore.That isn't necessarily true - many people still have cards with grandfathered 5% programs, Citi mtvU/Forward offer 5 TYP in selected categories (not exactly 5% but close), and other cards offer promos (such as Discover More 5% categories).That's true, but I generally agree with fasttimes' comment. The grandfathered ones are not much good to anybody that doesn't already have one (I've still got my Chase Rewards card). The Citi Forward and the AMEX Platinum Business cards (got both of them, too) are about the only decent 5%'ers left out there. Discover has the rotating categories, but the max CB limits are so low that it makes that card pretty lame. Pickings are slim.

If you are lucky enough to have a grandfathered anything you should keep your mouth(fingers) shut and quietly enjoy your good fortune. If nobody new can enjoy the benefits what is the point of posting here other than merely bragging?

The only reason the Citi 5% card lasted as long as it did is because the people that had one (or more) were smart enough not to brag about it on a public forum. The thread that accompanied it slowly faded away...

n/m

ColbyS, there has been a report of a recent opening of an AB card of interest. Just saying.

What do you mean there's no 5% cards left? I have 3 that I opened in the past two years: PenFed, Associated Bank, and Citi Forward.

PhrostByte said: What do you mean there's no 5% cards left? I have 3 that I opened in the past two years: PenFed, Associated Bank, and Citi Forward.

There are no 5% cards that someone can sign up for today. You are lucky and writing that message was just rubbing it in our faces.

you can apply for penfed today

you can apply for citi forward today

You can apply for AMEX blue today

Pondus said: ColbyS, there has been a report of a recent opening of an AB card of interest. Just saying.

Yes...but all the remaining Associated Bank 5% Card that weren't converted and then closed by Citibank (including any recent applications that were able to get and keep the card for now) will be moving over to US Bank (their new owner) within the next 5 to 6 months...Once they do, why would US Bank want to continue the deal? Odds are they will become 1% cards at that time...so there is a good chance it is just a temporary "reprieve" for those who still have it...

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 131 32 33343536
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.