• 132333435 36
  • Page
  • Text Only
How to add the new Associated Bank CC to yodlee? Although I am not using it and simply putting it in the drawer.

So I am a college student and have six choices in my mind for a CC. I would like to have a decent Cash Back return and hopefully not have to change/get a new card in the near future. These are the choices:

1. PenFed Platinum CashBack Rewards
2. Union Bank Maximum Rewards« Platinum Edition« Visa« Card
3. Fidelity« Investment Rewards« Visa Signature« Card
4. Citibank Dividend Platinum Select for College Students
5. Citi CashReturns« Card
6. Chase Freedom/Chase Sapphire

Not a big fan of companies who jacked people in their pursuit for a higher profit margin so ethically, I would rather go with the other companies...but realistically, I have to do what is best for me. Also, would like to have a check sent to me instead of just receiving a credit to the account so I can actually choose in how the money is spent but that is another want and not a need.

Thanks.

onezerone said: So I am a college student and have six choices in my mind for a CC. I would like to have a decent Cash Back return and hopefully not have to change/get a new card in the near future. These are the choices:

Not a big fan of companies who jacked people in their pursuit for a higher profit margin so ethically, I would rather go with the other companies...but realistically, I have to do what is best for me. Also, would like to have a check sent to me instead of just receiving a credit to the account so I can actually choose in how the money is spent but that is another want and not a need.

Thanks.

Schwab card gives 2% CashBack. Oh that's right you can't get it any more! lol But seriously, why limit yourself to just one card. More cards will give you different ways to get CashBack and increase your credit score.

Ok...not saying that I won't get more than one card...I was just looking for a VISA/MC card that gives benefits. I have a Discover and an AMEX already and need a VISA/MC. I've done my research, read about 10 pages in this forum (the first 5 and the last 5), read from other websites and from there, I decided on these six cards to choose from. Now is the time to choose and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

btw....have a Discover Open Road and thinking to switch to More or Motiva (have to read more about the pro's and con's tho first).

defjukie said: -PenFed Platinum at the pump (5% on gas)
-Schwab Invest First at the grocery (2% flat)
Unless someone's got a better grocery store card.

I wholewheartedly agree with those two.
For Groceries, try CITI Diamond Preferred -- pays 5:1 in Thank You Points, for first year.
Note -- this card does _not_ consider a WalMart Superstore (the one with a grocery) as a
grocery store, as compared to some other cards, which do. So you only get 1 pt/$$ at WMT SC.

EDIT: And just for completeness, consider the CITI Forward VISA -- pays 5:1 (Thank You Points) on meals, books/movies and music (which incl anything you spend at AMZN). No annual fee.

I would recommend Fort Knox over PenFed.

PhrostByte said: I would recommend Fort Knox over PenFed.

Penfed 5% gas, 2% groceries, 1% EDS

Fort Knox 5% gas, 1.25% EDS

I'd say Penfed has a slight edge... .25% is not going to break the bank, and 2% on groceries is good...

angelmartinez said: PhrostByte said: I would recommend Fort Knox over PenFed.

Penfed 5% gas, 2% groceries, 1% EDS

Fort Knox 5% gas, 1.25% EDS

I'd say Penfed has a slight edge... .25% is not going to break the bank, and 2% on groceries is good...

You can get 7% back on gas and 3.25% EDS if you pay your Fort Knox bill with your schwab card.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/711457/m14900442#m14900442

onezerone said: So I am a college student and have six choices in my mind for a CC. I would like to have a decent Cash Back return and hopefully not have to change/get a new card in the near future. These are the choices:

Thanks.

No Citi Forward? Great for the college experience and worthwhile enough to hold on to afterwards due to the discount at Amazon.

If you go with Chase, I would recommend biting on one of their sign up offers for their checking accounts for some more $$ in your wallet, if you have an account with them the card gets upgraded to give you 10 extra points per purchase and a 10% bonus (essentially, 1.1%+$0.10 per transaction). Great for small purchases like when you order off a dollar menu. A $2 purchase gives a return of 12.2 points or 6%.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 132333435 36
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014