• 120 21 22232436
  • Page
  • Text Only
windScorpion said: has anybody received their approved card from associated bank mentioned above?
Yes, my wife was approved for 12,000 limit at the end of an AOR (just threw the card in for good measure). Its definitely serviced by Citibank though, all of the paperwork is just like Citi's. Luckily its a cobranded card so it dosen't seem to count against the limit of 2 personal citi cards in 60 days.

efficacyman said: windScorpion said: has anybody received their approved card from associated bank mentioned above?
Yes, my wife was approved for 12,000 limit at the end of an AOR (just threw the card in for good measure). Its definitely serviced by Citibank though, all of the paperwork is just like Citi's. Luckily its a cobranded card so it dosen't seem to count against the limit of 2 personal citi cards in 60 days.

I also received the card, although I'm first using the 0% APR 9-month BT with max. fee of $75. Then I'll use it as a cash rebate card.

nelyboy27 said: On the AMEX blue cash card, with the minimum of 6500$ worth of purchases to get 5%, if I only spend 6501$ in a year on the card, is only 1$ of my purchases given back to me at 5%, with the rest at that obscenly low rate?...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yeah, that's how it works. You might want to check out the American Express Blue Cash rebate calculator.

AMEX won't let me give you a link to the calculator. Also, the calculator doesn't show up on some web browsers. Here is the web address:

https://www124.AmericanExpress.com/cards/loyalty.do?page=bluecash.maximize

If you put in 6,600 of grocery spending for the year, and no other spending, the calculator says that you will get a $70 rebate, (approximately 1.06%).

FFGuru said: GAS, SUPERMARKET, DRUG STORES (Everyday Purchases)
UpdatedCiti Driver's Edge Platinum Select MC (thanks MichaelBradford & fotomaniak)
•Bonus: None •Reward Limit: $1,000/yr •Redeem For: ?GC, Travel, Merchandise? •Increment: $50?
Earn 6% for 12 months, and then 3% thereafter. You can also earn 1 cent for every mile you drive. This is potentally a good card assuming you drive and spend a lot. You can't use driving points unless you have as many (or more) purchase points. If (and that's a big if) you drive as many miles as points you earn, you could effectively double your points earned on purchases. YMMV (no pun intended)

It's unfortunate that Scooty gave up trying to get this card on top of the list. There's some difference of opinion here, and maybe some don't understand how the card works. Since many of us use this as the primary card, we should settle in the middle and keep the information as accurate as possible. Let the readers decide for themselves. Here's what I think the description should look like:GAS, SUPERMARKET, DRUG STORES (Everyday Purchases)
Updated Citi Driver's Edge Platinum Select MC (thanks MichaelBradford & fotomaniak)
•Bonus: None •Reward Limit: $1,000/yr •Redeem For: Statement credit (for auto purchase or service), ThankYou Points (GC, Travel, Merchandise) •Minimum redemption: $25 (not an increment)
Earn 6% for 12 months, and 3% thereafter (aka "purchase rebates"). You will also earn 1 cent for every mile you drive (aka "drive rebates"). This is potentially a good card (maybe even the best) assuming you drive enough miles in one vehicle (you can only register one for drive rebates). You can't redeem drive rebates unless you have as many (or more) purchase rebates. If you drive as many miles as you earn purchase rebates (i.e. drive at least 3 miles for every $1.00 spent on everyday purchases), you could effectively double your total rebate (12% for 12 months and 6% thereafter). Read T&C for details.
I'm also for moving it out of the limited time offer, and/or making a copy of it in both sections.

scripta said: It's unfortunate that Scooty gave up trying to get this card on top of the list.

That may be a good thing. Too many times the FW effect kills good deals.

nelyboy27 said: On the AMEX blue cash card, with the minimum of 6500$ worth of purchases to get 5%, if I only spend 6501$ in a year on the card, is only 1$ of my purchases given back to me at 5%, with the rest at that obscenly low rate? Or am I misreading? Sorry if this has been posted before, I might have dazed out when searching the thread.

Yes. That is what it says. But I don't think 1% or .5% is that bad. Pretty clearly spelled out at the AMEX web site.

I use a discover gas card to get 5% on Gas while I'm working towards my $6500 then I use the AMEX. You still have to have another card because AMEX isn't accepted everywhere. I'll be getting a nice check for about $500 from AMEX in October for my last years purchases, an d I only used the card for 7 months this year. A lot better than I could do with Citibank (which I still have, I use that to pay the cable bill )

Your rebate is awarded annually for each Rebate Year (12 consecutive billing periods). Rebate percentages for each Rebate Year are as follows:

* For the first $6,500 of annual purchases, the rebate is 1% for Everyday Purchases and 0.50% for all other Eligible purchases; for Eligible purchases of $6500.01 or more, the rebate is 5% for Everyday Purchases and 1.5% for all other eligible purchases. "Everyday Purchases" are Eligible Purchases made at U.S. supermarkets, gas stations and drugstores, in each case that are not departments of superstores or warehouse clubs. "Eligible Purchases" are charges to your account for goods or services that have not been returned or otherwise credited to your account. Eligible Purchases do not include Finance Charges, fees, Cash Advances or other means of accessing your account, convenience checks, Balance Transfers, or the purchase of American Express® Travelers Cheques and American Express® Gift Cheques or other cash equivalents. Additional terms and conditions apply.

Hello! I just added two new cards to the OP. You can see them there, and here is more info.

-> Thanks ChiefRocka for the excellent Associated Bank Card. It is an great addition to the list. See his post for more info (about 15 prior to this). Sorry it took me so long to add it.

-> Thanks to CoolBargains for the PM about the new Citi Platinum AmEx Card (listed under limited time offers) As I said in my OP this is an exciting card. It comes with a very steep $99 annual fee after the first year, however, the 15,000 bonus points will more than offset the annual fee for the 2nd year, and after that you might find the airline club access, companion pass, and other benefits enough to justify the annual fee. Here's more info...

15,000 ThankYou Points
Earn 15,000 bonus ThankYou Points after you make $300 in purchases within 3 months of becoming a cardmember.

Complimentary Airport VIP Lounge Access
Access to 500 airline lounges world wide (various airlines) regardless of class of service. Free annual membership in Priority Pass, VIP airport lounge program (a $99 annual savings) and the cost of your first 3 cardmember lounge visits waived (normally $24 per visit) – initial enrollment required along with yearly renewal. (FFGuru comment- Priority Pass is generally a well rated & received stand-alone company that provides access to airline lounges. If desired, you can purchase membership regardless of the CC you hold)

Unlimited Airline Companion Tickets
Make your next trip more affordable with unlimited companion tickets on domestic and international airlines to hundreds of destinations on several domestic and international airlines including Virgin Atlantic and Mexicana Airlines. (FFGuru comment- There are no details on this, so be weary. I'd ask for more info. Key questions to ask about any companion ticket program are 1) How much is the companion ticket 2) what airlines does this apply to 3) where do I have to purchase my tickets in order to receive this benefit, and 3) what class of service to I have to purchase for this offer (ie is the companion ticket available even if I purchase a discount fare)

Free Membership in Identity Theft Monitor

Retail Protection
Retail Protection covers most items purchased with your Citi Platinum American Express Card against theft or accidental damage up to $1,000 and up to 90 days from the date of purchase.

Price Protection
It's probably happened more often than you care to remember: You purchase an item and the very next day you see it on sale for less than you paid. Avoid this kind of frustration when you pay with your Citi Platinum American Express Card.

If you buy something and then see it advertised in print for less within 60 days, you will receive a refund for the difference up to $250. (Excludes internet purchases and certain items.)

FFGuru said: Hello! I just added two new cards to the OP. You can see them there, and here is more info.

-> Thanks ChiefRocka for the excellent Associated Bank Card. It is an great addition to the list. See his post for more info (about 15 prior to this). Sorry it took me so long to add it.

-> Thanks to CoolBargains for the PM about the new Citi Platinum AmEx Card (listed under limited time offers) As I said in my OP this is an exciting card. Here's more info...

15,000 ThankYou Points
Earn 15,000 bonus ThankYou Points after you make $300 in purchases within 3 months of becoming a cardmember.

Complimentary Airport VIP Lounge Access
Access to 500 airline lounges world wide (various airlines) regardless of class of service. Free annual membership in Priority Pass, VIP airport lounge program (a $99 annual savings) and the cost of your first 3 cardmember lounge visits waived (normally $24 per visit) – initial enrollment required along with yearly renewal. (FFGuru comment- Priority Pass is generally a well rated & received stand-alone company that provides access to airline lounges. If desired, you can purchase membership regardless of the CC you hold)

Unlimited Airline Companion Tickets
Make your next trip more affordable with unlimited companion tickets on domestic and international airlines to hundreds of destinations on several domestic and international airlines including Virgin Atlantic and Mexicana Airlines. (FFGuru comment- There are no details on this, so be weary. I'd ask for more info. Key questions to ask about any companion ticket program are 1) How much is the companion ticket 2) what airlines does this apply to 3) where do I have to purchase my tickets in order to receive this benefit, and 3) what class of service to I have to purchase for this offer (ie is the companion ticket available even if I purchase a discount fare)

Free Membership in Identity Theft Monitor

Retail Protection
Retail Protection covers most items purchased with your Citi Platinum American Express Card against theft or accidental damage up to $1,000 and up to 90 days from the date of purchase.

Price Protection
It's probably happened more often than you care to remember: You purchase an item and the very next day you see it on sale for less than you paid. Avoid this kind of frustration when you pay with your Citi Platinum American Express Card.

If you buy something and then see it advertised in print for less within 60 days, you will receive a refund for the difference up to $250. (Excludes internet purchases and certain items.)


This card isn't that great though... $99 annual fee after the 1st year!! Why hasn't anyone mentioned this before?

moulder3 said: n see it advertised in print for less within 60 days, you will receive a refund for the difference up to $250. (Excludes internet purchases and certain items.)

This card isn't that great though... $99 annual fee after the 1st year!! Why hasn't anyone mentioned this before?

It's in the OP, but as you point out, it should be in the post above as well. Point taken about the annual fee

The card certainly isn't for everyone, however.... don't just consider the annual fee. Consider what you get for the annual fee. And for that you have to look at both the rewards and benefits in tandem.

The first year is free, the second's is more than offset by the 15,000 bonus you already received. So for two years, you have a great card essentially for free. After that, some of us might find the residual benefits (airport lounge, companion cert) to be worth more than the annual fee. Like everything YMMV.

My experience with Citibank is that you can probably get the 2nd year fee refunded if call to cancel before the 2nd year is up...Otherwise, that is a nice card......

If you convert an existing account to the new Citi card, will you still get any of the special offers (5x/3x points, and 15,000 bonus)?

scripta said: There's some difference of opinion here, and maybe some don't understand how the card works. Since many of us use this as the primary card, we should settle in the middle and keep the information as accurate as possible. Let the readers decide for themselves. Here's what I think the description should look like:

I think you gave a valid assessment of the card and its benefits, therefore, I included your description of the card in the OP. I tried to give appropriate credit. I also upgraded the rating to three smileys. Thanks for the feedback.

The order of cards isn't necessarily a hierarchy. I am not trying to take away from the benefits of the card. I just want to give some sort of organization to the list. You'll see that the Citi Platinum AMEX is in the same category despite being one of my personal favorites.

FFGuru said: moulder3 said: n see it advertised in print for less within 60 days, you will receive a refund for the difference up to $250. (Excludes internet purchases and certain items.)

This card isn't that great though... $99 annual fee after the 1st year!! Why hasn't anyone mentioned this before?


It's in the OP, but as you point out, it should be in the post above as well. Point taken about the annual fee

The card certainly isn't for everyone, however.... don't just consider the annual fee. Consider what you get for the annual fee. And for that you have to look at both the rewards and benefits in tandem.

The first year is free, the second's is more than offset by the 15,000 bonus you already received. So for two years, you have a great card essentially for free. After that, some of us might find the residual benefits (airport lounge, companion cert) to be worth more than the annual fee. Like everything YMMV.

The annual fee of 99 bucks in the second year is offset by the free identity protection membership from citibank (13 bucks monthly). Plus you get the priority club membership access for free which usually is 99 dollars a year. Plus with this card, you get three visits to the premier lounges free (usually 24 dollars or more per visit). Plus as OP said, 15k TY points and lastly the 5TYP for EDS and 3 TYP for all others for 2 years is really a slick offering.
I dont see any other card that beats this one.

ChiefRocka said: Boom shaka laka

There is a way to still get the benefits of the Citi Dividends Card. Associated Bank issues an unadvertised card called the “Associated Bank Cash Rebate Card”. They issue it through Citibank’s co-brand platform. The terms are exactly the same as the old Citi Dividends Card before they limited the benefits.

5% cash rebate on supermarkets, gas stations, drug stores.
1% on everything else.
Max $300 Rebate Dollars every calendar year.
Request checks when reward balance $50 or more.
5 rebate dollars for each individual transaction of $1,500 or more.
0% BT for 9 months. BT transfer fee: 3% $5 min, $75 max.
No annual fee.

Apply by calling 1-877-577-9485 an ask for the card.

If you have an Associated Bank near you, you can pick up the application in branch.

Link to Bank Website - Offer is unadvertised

Information about Associated Bank


Is this "permanent" or similar to the current Citibank Dividend 5% for 6 months only?

hanlong said: Is this "permanent" or similar to the current Citibank Dividend 5% for 6 months only?

It is "permanent" in that the 5% rebate is not an introductory offer. Of course, the rebate program can be changed at any time. If Citi changes the rebate program, you will likely get the 5% rebate for at least a year.

Also about the Associated Bank card, is this available nationwide? When I called Associated Bank and asked what states this is card is available in, the CSR said it was only available in states that have Associated Bank branches (Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois). She also said that it was available to people in other states who already have another account with Associated Bank. Are people from other states (who don't have an Associated Bank bank account) getting approved for this card?

I followed directions and applied for card (Associated Bank) over the phone. Got the card in the mail and nothing inside suggested 5% rebate on gas/drug/grocery. I called customer service and they stated it's only 1% rebate on all purchases. He said he'd honor the 5% if I can provide him with the offer. Anyone have an offer number for the 5% program? I live in Georgia - not sure if that is the problem.

BLTLSOH said: If you convert an existing account to the new Citi card, will you still get any of the special offers (5x/3x points, and 15,000 bonus)?

no bonus for any conversion. You can try retention though, which might (YMMV) get you the 5x/3x points for 1 year but never will they give you the bonus points through a conversion.

OhSteve said: I followed directions and applied for card (Associated Bank) over the phone. Got the card in the mail and nothing inside suggested 5% rebate on gas/drug/grocery. I called customer service and they stated it's only 1% rebate on all purchases. He said he'd honor the 5% if I can provide him with the offer. Anyone have an offer number for the 5% program? I live in Georgia - not sure if that is the problem.

An update: I got the card and already got my first statement. I am correctly getting 5% rebate on gas, groceries, and drugstores. So, I know mine is working correctly. Thanks ChiefRocka!

Also about the Associated Bank card, is this available nationwide? When I called Associated Bank and asked what states this is card is available in, the CSR said it was only available in states that have Associated Bank branches (Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois). She also said that it was available to people in other states who already have another account with Associated Bank. Are people from other states (who don't have an Associated Bank bank account) getting approved for this card?

An update: I got the card and already got my first statement. I am correctly getting 5% rebate on gas, groceries, and drugstores. So, I know mine is working correctly. Thanks ChiefRocka!

What state do you live in? People need to know if this works everywhere or just the three states that have Associated Bank branches.

mladyd said: Also about the Associated Bank card, is this available nationwide? When I called Associated Bank and asked what states this is card is available in, the CSR said it was only available in states that have Associated Bank branches (Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois). She also said that it was available to people in other states who already have another account with Associated Bank. Are people from other states (who don't have an Associated Bank bank account) getting approved for this card?

An update: I got the card and already got my first statement. I am correctly getting 5% rebate on gas, groceries, and drugstores. So, I know mine is working correctly. Thanks ChiefRocka!

What state do you live in? People need to know if this works everywhere or just the three states that have Associated Bank branches.

I received the Associated Bank Cash Rebate Visa card, and I'm in California.

glxpass said:
I received the Associated Bank Cash Rebate Visa card, and I'm in California.


anyone else? If you successfully applied for the Associated Bank Cash Rebate Card and got the T&C as described in this thread, please reply so we all know. Thanks!

Also about the Associated Bank card, is this available nationwide? When I called Associated Bank and asked what states this is card is available in, the CSR said it was only available in states that have Associated Bank branches (Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois). She also said that it was available to people in other states who already have another account with Associated Bank. Are people from other states (who don't have an Associated Bank bank account) getting approved for this card?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I Applied by calling 1-877-577-9485. The phone message describes that you are applying for the “Associated Bank Cash Rebate Card.” Which pays 5% cash rebate on supermarkets, gas stations, drug stores.
1% on everything else, etc.

Call the number and you can hear the message without applying if you like.

There seems to be some confusion by people who are calling the bank directly or some other way perhaps.

Try this number and avoid the confusion.

I haven’t received the card yet but all the terms were given over the phone and match the OP who gave this info ChiefRocka

ChiefRocka said: Boom shaka laka

There is a way to still get the benefits of the Citi Dividends Card. Associated Bank issues an unadvertised card called the “Associated Bank Cash Rebate Card”. They issue it through Citibank’s co-brand platform. The terms are exactly the same as the old Citi Dividends Card before they limited the benefits.

5% cash rebate on supermarkets, gas stations, drug stores.
1% on everything else.
Max $300 Rebate Dollars every calendar year.
Request checks when reward balance $50 or more.
5 rebate dollars for each individual transaction of $1,500 or more.
0% BT for 9 months. BT transfer fee: 3% $5 min, $75 max.
No annual fee.

Apply by calling 1-877-577-9485 an ask for the card.

If you have an Associated Bank near you, you can pick up the application in branch.

Link to Bank Website - Offer is unadvertised

Information about Associated Bank



Thanks ChiefRoka; I and my wife both applied for this one and got them last month (California)... I got a $15k limit and she got a $50k limit. Go figure. We have FICO scores within a couple of points of each other, over 800.

The 5% Cash Back is working great; we funnel the groceries through hers, mostly, and the gas through mine, mostly. Should be able to max out the $300 5% Cash Back limit on each card this way. Great find!

srenna said: ...When I called Associated Bank and asked what states this is card is available in, the CSR said it was only available in states that have Associated Bank branches (Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois). She also said that it was available to people in other states who already have another account with Associated Bank. Are people from other states (who don't have an Associated Bank bank account) getting approved for this card?

glxpass said: I received the Associated Bank Cash Rebate Visa card, and I'm in California.

DDD777 said: ...I and my wife both applied for this one and got them last month (California)...

Thanks, glxpass and DDD777. Glad to hear that the 5% rebate card is available in other states than those stated by the CSR.

FWIW, the HSBC Direct Rewards Platinum is still alive, but I doubt that they are accepting new applicants. In fact, their program recently got even better. Previously, you had to wait until the end of the year for them to mail you a rewards check. Now, you just call them anytime you have accrued $25 in rewards and they will apply the rewards to your next statement balance.

Summary: 5% on grocery/gas/pharma. 0% elsewhere. $500 annual limit. Rewards applied to your card balance upon request ($25 or more).

Gedman

I just cashed in for a $100 check with Chase Rewards Plus. I don't spend much, and it took me a year to build up the point balance. I'm doubtful whether Rewards Plus will still be around in another year. I'm wondering if I should jump ship? Freedom w/ flexible categories seems alright, and if they transitioned me to that gracefully I probably wouldn't mind. But I'm worried about getting the rug pulled out from under me before my next milestone.

jpsfranks said: I just cashed in for a $100 check with Chase Rewards Plus. I don't spend much, and it took me a year to build up the point balance. I'm doubtful whether Rewards Plus will still be around in another year. I'm wondering if I should jump ship? Freedom w/ flexible categories seems alright, and if they transitioned me to that gracefully I probably wouldn't mind. But I'm worried about getting the rug pulled out from under me before my next milestone.

Whats wrong with having both? I have both the rewards plus and freedom.

anyway, your Rewards Plus will soon be getting converted to Freedom....Most Cash Plus customers were already converted and from what i read, they are starting to work on converting the Rewards Plus now....

I have Reward Plus and Freedom, and i love the Freedom Card with it's 15 catagories (and you get the 3% on the 3 you spent the most on each month).....when my Rewards Plus is converted, i will just close it out and move my line over to my current Freedom Card....

craig10x said: anyway, your Rewards Plus will soon be getting converted to Freedom....Most Cash Plus customers were already converted and from what i read, they are starting to work on converting the Rewards Plus now....

I have Reward Plus and Freedom, and i love the Freedom Card with it's 15 catagories (and you get the 3% on the 3 you spent the most on each month).....when my Rewards Plus is converted, i will just close it out and move my line over to my current Freedom Card....
... Or you could keep two Freedom cards for 6 categories per month.

very good point, scripta! yes, that would be an advantage having 6 essential catagories out of 15 rather then 3....

Just wanted to verify that I, too, was approved for the Associated Bank Cash Rebate Platinum card even though I live in Ohio.

I confirmed with customer service that I will get 5% cash-back on gas, grocery, and drug (store) purchases.

Called the number in Cheif Rocka's post to apply - not Associated customer service. Called Citi's "card center" at (800)950-5114 to check the status of my application. They said everything was recieved okay, all they needed to do to process throught the application was to set up a password.

So, there you go. Setting up an account out of Associated Bank's normal region worked for me too.

THANKS CHIEF ROCKA!!!

Does anyone know how to get free airport lounge membership that comes with the new Citi 5% Platinum AMEX? I called citi and they deffered me to the entre.com website which shows nothing about it. Any ideas? Thanks

NegligentPerSe said: Just wanted to verify that I, too, was approved for the Associated Bank Cash Rebate Platinum card even though I live in Ohio.

I confirmed with customer service that I will get 5% cash-back on gas, grocery, and drug (store) purchases.

Called the number in Cheif Rocka's post to apply - not Associated customer service. Called Citi's "card center" at (800)950-5114 to check the status of my application. They said everything was recieved okay, all they needed to do to process throught the application was to set up a password.

So, there you go. Setting up an account out of Associated Bank's normal region worked for me too.

THANKS CHIEF ROCKA!!!


Thanks for posting, NegligentPerSe.

Interested in the Citi Card with free airline lounge access? I was clicking around and found out more information. They are essentially giving you free membership in Priority Pass which is described more in the link below.

Priority Pass

I just received my first statement from Associated Bank and can confirm that I'm receiving 5% on Supermarket purchase. I called the 800 number provided in the post when applying for the card and I live in Atlanta. I guess I'll use the Citi AMEX just for dining out through the end of the year and then destroy that card.

Thanks for the link FFGuru. I have received the card and that is exactly the promotion I am referring to. I just cannot get anyone at Citi or AMEX to tell me how I get the free membership. BTW this is a great card. Thanks for posting in the thread! Gotta love 3% back on everything. Thanks

Ronbo83 said: Thanks for the link FFGuru. I have received the card and that is exactly the promotion I am referring to. I just cannot get anyone at Citi or AMEX to tell me how I get the free membership. BTW this is a great card. Thanks for posting in the thread! Gotta love 3% back on everything. Thanks

Have you tried just showing it at one of the applicable club lounges? I wonder if it is your membership card?

OhSteve said: I just received my first statement from Associated Bank and can confirm that I'm receiving 5% on Supermarket purchase. I called the 800 number provided in the post when applying for the card and I live in Atlanta. I guess I'll use the Citi AMEX just for dining out through the end of the year and then destroy that card.

Glad to hear that you are getting the rebate. Thanks for the update.

I have Chase Cash Plus Rewards, and just hit my $300 limit for the year. If I get a Chase Freedom (3%) card, am I eligible for the Cash Back aspect of the card? The fine print is kind of vague... it says Chase customers with similar offers may not be eligible. No idea if that applies to me.

  • Archived From: ForumsFinance

  • 120 21 22232436
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014