• 121 22 23242536
  • Page
  • Text Only
Billiken said: Ronbo83 said: Thanks for the link FFGuru. I have received the card and that is exactly the promotion I am referring to. I just cannot get anyone at Citi or AMEX to tell me how I get the free membership. BTW this is a great card. Thanks for posting in the thread! Gotta love 3% back on everything. Thanks

Have you tried just showing it at one of the applicable club lounges? I wonder if it is your membership card?

Good point, I am flying out in 2 weeks and will try then. Will post result. Thanks

Chocoboat said: I have Chase Cash Plus Rewards, and just hit my $300 limit for the year. If I get a Chase Freedom (3%) card, am I eligible for the Cash Back aspect of the card? The fine print is kind of vague... it says Chase customers with similar offers may not be eligible. No idea if that applies to me.

Your Cash Plus will probably convert to Freedom pretty quick anyway. So you may/may not find it worth it to apply for a 2nd card that you'll be getting soon enough. But as for your question, yes you can have two cards. Cameron2003 says that he has both in a previous post, and I remember others mentioning having two Cash Plus cards previously. Shouldn't be a problem.

Ronbo83 said: Billiken said: Ronbo83 said: Thanks for the link FFGuru. I have received the card and that is exactly the promotion I am referring to. I just cannot get anyone at Citi or AMEX to tell me how I get the free membership. BTW this is a great card. Thanks for posting in the thread! Gotta love 3% back on everything. Thanks

Have you tried just showing it at one of the applicable club lounges? I wonder if it is your membership card?

Good point, I am flying out in 2 weeks and will try then. Will post result. Thanks

Your credit card is NOT your membership card. About a week after you sign up, you will get a thick envelope from priority pass that has your membership card in it. That membership card is your ticket to airport lounge access. I used it to get into the LAX AA lounge... free booze. Nice!

Since the Associated Bank Cash Rebate Visa card is co-branded with Citi, does this mean I can't transfer a balance from my Citi Mastercard to the Associated Bank Visa? I know you can't do this between two Citi accounts but not sure how the Associated Bank card is treated since it is co-branded with Citi. I don't have the associated bank card yet so it is factoring into whether or not I apply for this card.

Thanks.

I realize that my Chase Cash Plus card will eventually be converted, but I'm hopeful that HSBC will maintain their Direct Rewards 5%/1% card; it will become the "Last" of the Mohicans after the demise of the 5% programs at Citi and Chase...........

dragoon976 said: Ronbo83 said: Billiken said: Ronbo83 said: Thanks for the link FFGuru. I have received the card and that is exactly the promotion I am referring to. I just cannot get anyone at Citi or AMEX to tell me how I get the free membership. BTW this is a great card. Thanks for posting in the thread! Gotta love 3% back on everything. Thanks

Your credit card is NOT your membership card. About a week after you sign up, you will get a thick envelope from priority pass that has your membership card in it. That membership card is your ticket to airport lounge access. I used it to get into the LAX AA lounge... free booze. Nice!

Finally today I got a letter from them saying I have to go to a website on Priority Pass to get the free membership. Atleast it showed up!

thanks ChiefRocka
applied for the Associated Bank Card

how long did it take you guys to typically receive the card?

How are the rewards received for the Associated Bank Cash Rebate Visa? If it's through Citi, are they TY points? Or is it just straight Cash Back? How often? Can you do everything online with the card (manage accounts, pay bills, etc)?

fanerman91 said: How are the rewards received for the Associated Bank Cash Rebate Visa? If it's through Citi, are they TY points? Or is it just straight Cash Back? How often? Can you do everything online with the card (manage accounts, pay bills, etc)?

It's pretty much identical to the now deceased Citi Dividend Platinum Select.

bobfather said: fanerman91 said: How are the rewards received for the Associated Bank Cash Rebate Visa? If it's through Citi, are they TY points? Or is it just straight Cash Back? How often? Can you do everything online with the card (manage accounts, pay bills, etc)?

It's pretty much identical to the now deceased Citi Dividend Platinum Select.

I'm not familiar with the Citi Divident Platinum Select. Sorry, could you elaborate more?

fanerman91 said: How are the rewards received for the Associated Bank Cash Rebate Visa?...

Once you accumulate $50 or more in cash rebates, you can request a check.

SpacemanVT said: thanks ChiefRocka
applied for the Associated Bank Card

how long did it take you guys to typically receive the card?

I just applied this morning today too. It's kind of annoying that you have to record your application over the phone instead of talking to a live CSR, but hopefully it's worth it.

Ditto, will use it as a backup for my Chase Cash Plus if it gets converted to Freedom. The app process for the Associated card is annoying but if the card comes and gives me 5% for G/G/D, I don't care.

I have enrolled in IdentityMonitor from citi using Citi Platinum Select AMEX. But no one from citi or AMEX or IdentityMonitor tell me the membership will be free. Do you guys know how to get the free membership in IdentityMonitor from citi? Also Ronbo83, can you post the link to free membership of PriorityPass? Thanks a lot. Thanks to FFGuru also.

Here is the linky: Priority Pass Amex Sign Up

Pretty simple process to enroll and they say they will mail the membership card out soon. It has only been a week but I will update when I get it. Thanks

thanks

GTFan said: Ditto, will use it as a backup for my Chase Cash Plus if it gets converted to Freedom. The app process for the Associated card is annoying but if the card comes and gives me 5% for G/G/D, I don't care.

Let me know if/when you get your Associated Bank card. I don't know if there's anyway to check your application status, but I applied a week ago. I haven't applied for a credit card in so long so I don't know if it really takes the 4-6 weeks they say it might take.

Got my Associated card today, no mention of 5% on G/G/D Cash Back (as others have said). So it took about 12 days from the app. But I'm not sure if my Chase 5% card will ever get converted since I already have a Freedom card with Chase from the last $250 bonus deal.

GTFan said: Got my Associated card today, no mention of 5% on G/G/D Cash Back (as others have said). So it took about 12 days from the app. But I'm not sure if my Chase 5% card will ever get converted since I already have a Freedom card with Chase from the last $250 bonus deal.

Yeah same for me, my card info says nothing about Cash Back...The card says Platinum... so if i activate it the 5% on G/G/D will work?

UPDATE:
I just called to make sure i have the rewards card and the customer service confirmed i have the rewards card.

Thanks!!!!

I just got my Associated Bank card... it took 12 days after the application process. The info with the card did not mention 5% on G/G/D, but a call verified we are good to go. I will be using it this month, as I have maxed out my Chase Rewards card. Have not received notice it is converting to Freedom yet.

I just received my first statement from Associated Bank CC. However I didn't see any reward or CashBack so I called CSR. He told me that I only have 1% CashBack on all purchases and he didn't see my account enrolled with any reward program. I told him that I even verified with another CSR when I first got my card that I have 5% CashBack on GAS and grocery. He said he will go back and investigate it.

Man it has been a bad day financially for me. Dividend 5% back on Electronics purchase didn't work and now the associated bank CC doesn't work.

Let us know what happens. I am just about to apply. I asked the CSR about 5% on gas, groc and drug store, and he said it was honered.

Make sure you have the Associated Bank "Cash Rebate" Visa card. I believe they also offer a "Rewards" Visa card. If you've the correct card, perhaps the CSR is confusing the two. I've the Cash Rebate version, but can't confirm the 5% because I'm taking advantage of a 0% Balance Transfer.

Update:

Although when I go to "view my account" -> "reward" -> "current activities" I only see

" Online rewards activity is currently not available for this program. Please check your monthly paper statement for detailed rewards information and updates or enroll in Paperless Statements to see this information online."

I do see "Total Rebates as of the last statement" in the account summary now with an amount that matches the 5% Cash Back on gas and grocery. I didn't see that before when the statement first came out. I don't know if it is because of that I enrolled in paperless statement yesterday. When I click on the link of the Total Rebates, it still gives me the same error of "Online rewards activity is currently not available for this program. blahblah..."

I don't know what that means, but at least I can see some numbers now showing 5% is actually working.

By the way, the purchase that I made in WalMart Supercenter and Wegmans both count toward 5% CashBack. So that is a good news.

mysaxophone said: I just received my first statement from Associated Bank CC. However I didn't see any reward or CashBack so I called CSR. He told me that I only have 1% CashBack on all purchases and he didn't see my account enrolled with any reward program. I told him that I even verified with another CSR when I first got my card that I have 5% CashBack on GAS and grocery. He said he will go back and investigate it.

Man it has been a bad day financially for me. Dividend 5% back on Electronics purchase didn't work and now the associated bank CC doesn't work.

Wow, if WalMart is included that's pretty hot. I got my cards but haven't used them yet, still haven't maxed out Chase Cash Rewards for this year and they're still giving us 5% on G/G/D. But I don't think WalMart is counted for that card, was it counted for the Citi Dividends?

I just got my first statement...$1481.09 in purchases at Wal-Mart, Gasoline stations and some grocery stores... just as an fyi the WalMart purchased totaled 982.49, According to my statement, "the rebate dollars earned this month" equals 68.22... YTD is 68.22 (I just got the card). This figures out to a whopping 4.6% rebate for all my purchases. What a great Christmas gift.

Obviously, this will be my primary card, at least until they catch on to the Wal-Mart purchases. But at least as of now, they appear to be all going into the 5% pot.

Thanks for putting me onto this card.

I just received the Associated Bank card in the mail, but it mentioned nothing of the 5% Cash Back, so I called customer service, and they didn't have any clue I was talking about, and they had no way to confirm it since I didn't have a mailing or something I could fax them. Anyone else encounter this problem?

IamKiva said: I just got my first statement...$1481.09 in purchases at Wal-Mart, Gasoline stations and some grocery stores... just as an fyi the WalMart purchased totaled 982.49, According to my statement, "the rebate dollars earned this month" equals 68.22... YTD is 68.22 (I just got the card). This figures out to a whopping 4.6% rebate for all my purchases. What a great Christmas gift.

Obviously, this will be my primary card, at least until they catch on to the Wal-Mart purchases. But at least as of now, they appear to be all going into the 5% pot.

Thanks for putting me onto this card.

Regarding WalMart and groceries, this post might be helpful. It discusses the new PenFed VISA 2% Cash Back benefit for supermarket purchases, and merchant coding.

zook83 said: I just received the Associated Bank card in the mail, but it mentioned nothing of the 5% Cash Back, so I called customer service, and they didn't have any clue I was talking about, and they had no way to confirm it since I didn't have a mailing or something I could fax them. Anyone else encounter this problem?

Nevermind, I called back again today, and I spoke to another CSR who found the terms and conditions of the card, and they were exactly as stated when I called to apply. I live in GA, so this deal doesn't seem to be limited by state.

Anybody got their recent associated bank CC statement? I just had mine. I dont know what has happened, but please look at the numbers:

Statement Balance: $362
Reward dollars earned this month: $19.5
Here is the math:
19.5 > 362*0.05 = 18.1

That means I am getting an average 5.4% CashBack...for all purchases...This even includes some purchases at restaurants and fast food places

I don't hate extra money....but just wonder if you guys are getting the same results or am I missing something here? Thanks.

mysaxophone said: Anybody got their recent associated bank CC statement? I just had mine. I dont know what has happened, but please look at the numbers:

Statement Balance: $362
Reward dollars earned this month: $19.5
Here is the math:
19.5 > 362*0.05 = 18.1

That means I am getting an average 5.4% CashBack...for all purchases...This even includes some purchases at restaurants and fast food places

I don't hate extra money....but just wonder if you guys are getting the same results or am I missing something here? Thanks.
Read the T&C. Some cards treat the 4% as a "bonus rebate" and deliver the bonus with a month or two lag

Is the Associated Bank card still available ? Must have missed it the first time around. Don't see any 5% listed in the sticky thread so suspect not
but just making sure. Thanks.

kaneohe said: Is the Associated Bank card still available ? Must have missed it the first time around. Don't see any 5% listed in the sticky thread so suspect not

you can't apply for it online, homeslice. can only do over the phone. http://www.fatwallet.com/t/52/564358/10983312#m10983312

I noticed this new card (or at least it's the first time i see it) from BofA, should i upgrade?
The new card is Bank Of America Cash Rewards American Express. The card i have now is Bank of America Rewards American Express.

klughing said: I noticed this new card (or at least it's the first time i see it) from BofA, should i upgrade?
The new card is Bank Of America Cash Rewards American Express. The card i have now is Bank of America Rewards American Express.

Bank Of America Cash Rewards American Express
Get 5% Cash Back on things you buy everyday — gas, groceries and dining — for 6 months§
Get 2% Cash Back on gas, groceries, and dining after the first 6 months§
Get 1% Cash Back on all your other purchases

Bank of America Rewards American Express
Rewards Start at: 2,500 points

Squeezer99 said: you can't apply for it online, homeslice.Thanks for the update kool moe dee. There are those fat orderlies at sbarro's all you can eat line again...

Cash Redemption Options
Point Value Cash Reward
2,500 $12.50
5,000 $25
7,500 $37.50
10,000 $80
15,000 $120
20,000 $160
25,000 $250
35,000 $350
50,000 $500

That is for my current card. Max is 1%.
I guess the new card is better, right?

Squeezer99 said: kaneohe said: Is the Associated Bank card still available ? Must have missed it the first time around. Don't see any 5% listed in the sticky thread so suspect not

you can't apply for it online, homeslice. can only do over the phone. http://www.fatwallet.com/t/52/564358/10983312#m10983312

When you apply for this , calling the Chief Roccha number , the recording asks whether you were on a mailing list or picked up a
brochure (how did you find out about it?). When you call the recommended bank number (different from the Chief Roccha numberJ)
it sounds like you might end up talking to a live CSR. Anyone apply via a live CSR and did you need any codes from the mailing?

I applied for the card over the phone and it said 5% on gas, groceries etc... However, I recieved my card today and on the card it says "Platinum" Should it say something else on the card?
Update:
Sorry, I thought I read all the posts in this thread but apparently I missed one a single page back. Someone else said thier card said platinum but they called and the CSR confirmed it to be the right card.

Does Associated Bank give 5% back for Meijer. In other words. do they count it as a grocery store?

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 121 22 23242536
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014