• 122 23 24252636
  • Page
  • Text Only
What are the redemption options for the Associated Bank card? Is it close to 5000 for $50 Cash Back or is it more similar to the BOA card that someone mentioned? This makes a big difference in how much the points are valued. Thanks!

jennyhiliu said: What are the redemption options for the Associated Bank card? Is it close to 5000 for $50 Cash Back or is it more similar to the BOA card that someone mentioned? This makes a big difference in how much the points are valued. Thanks!

There aren't any points. It is a cash rebate card. Once you have accumulated $50 in rebates, you can call to request a check.

For the associated bank card, how do you redempt the cash rebate?

edit: nvm. called CSR and requested the check.

A heads up on the Associated Bank 5% credit card. The 0% balance transfer offer is pretty underhanded-maybe that's how all balance transfers work but I never use balance transfers. I requested a balance transfer just because I figured I'd invest it for 8 months since it is 0% for 8 months. Well little did I know that if you make any purchases using the credit card, any payments you make are applied to the balance transfer FIRST!! So no matter what I do now I will be charged interest unless I pay off the balance transfer and any other balance on the credit card.

Bottom line: If you got the card for the 5% Cash Back like I did then DO NOT do a balance transfer even though it sounds like a good idea.

Sorry for your situation, but the bottom line is to read all the terms and disclosures before starting to use a credit card -- or anything else, for that matter.

Some cards offer 0% APR for both purchases and balance transfers, others offer 0% for just purchases, and, as you found out, still others offer 0% for just balance transfers.

Depending on the terms, and other factors, you might be able to pay the whole thing off, and do another balance transfer. Whether it would be worthwhile or not depends on the BT amount, fee, and remaining length of time for the balance transfer.

Finally, a CSR (actually, ask for a supervisor) might take pity on you and waive the BT fee or start over the BT term, if you explained that you made a bone-headed mistake, and ask nicely for an exception. I wouldn't use the term "exception", though. I guarantee that you won't get anywhere with calling them underhanded, or anything else.

Regardless, everyone makes mistakes, and consider this a great learning experience.

glxpass said: Sorry for your situation, but the bottom line is to read all the terms and disclosures before starting to use a credit card -- or anything else, for that matter.

Some cards offer 0% APR for both purchases and balance transfers, others offer 0% for just purchases, and, as you found out, still others offer 0% for just balance transfers.

Depending on the terms, and other factors, you might be able to pay the whole thing off, and do another balance transfer. Whether it would be worthwhile or not depends on the BT amount, fee, and remaining length of time for the balance transfer.

Finally, a CSR (actually, ask for a supervisor) might take pity on you and waive the BT fee or start over the BT term, if you explained that you made a bone-headed mistake, and ask nicely for an exception. I wouldn't use the term "exception", though. I guarantee that you won't get anywhere with calling them underhanded, or anything else.

Regardless, everyone makes mistakes, and consider this a great learning experience.

Well 0% for balance transfers only is fine, but the fact that the only way to really get 0% is by not making any purchases seems odd. I don't care that much because I just paid back the entire amount but it just seemed odd.

rdilliker said: glxpass said: Sorry for your situation, but the bottom line is to read all the terms and disclosures before starting to use a credit card -- or anything else, for that matter.

Well 0% for balance transfers only is fine, but the fact that the only way to really get 0% is by not making any purchases seems odd. I don't care that much because I just paid back the entire amount but it just seemed odd.

I don't think it's odd. The credit card company is quite happy to mitigate expenses of their 0% balance transfer offers by planning on a certain percentage of people who take those offers making a mistake, such as a late payment, or a purchase (if purchases aren't also at 0%). And, after the BT period ends, the credit card company hopes that you won't pay-in-full each month. It's even better for them with a rewards or Cash Back card, because the APR is generally higher for those.

rdilliker said: A heads up on the Associated Bank 5% credit card. The 0% balance transfer offer is pretty underhanded-maybe that's how all balance transfers work but I never use balance transfers. I requested a balance transfer just because I figured I'd invest it for 8 months since it is 0% for 8 months. Well little did I know that if you make any purchases using the credit card, any payments you make are applied to the balance transfer FIRST!! So no matter what I do now I will be charged interest unless I pay off the balance transfer and any other balance on the credit card.

Bottom line: If you got the card for the 5% Cash Back like I did then DO NOT do a balance transfer even though it sounds like a good idea.

all cards are like that

rdilliker said:

It's called "Gotcha" and that's how they make money. Correct me if I am wrong but they are in this business to make money and just not to give away thousands of Dollars at 0% interest. They are hoping that some people (like you) will make a mistake either by using their Credit Card or will forget to make a payment on one of your CC or a bill so that they can then charge you the high interest rate.......

Come on guys, please keep BT terms discussion out of this very helpful thread.

Citi Platinum American Express (thanks coolbargains)
•Bonus: 15,000 points after $300 •Annual Limit: 150,000 pts •Redeem For: GC, Travel, Merchandise •Increment: ??
WARNING: this is the only card on the list with an annual fee (a whopping $99 waived the first year) BUT read on and check it out... many of us will find it well worth it. This card is quite different from the rest, so in order to fully realize it's value, you'll have to think of it in a different context. The card is geared for travelers who want a premium benefit & rewards card. Most of the other cards on this list have good rewards, but poor benefits. This has both. Rewards-You earn 5% on everyday purchases and an excellent 3% on everything else for 2 years.

What am I missing here? According to thankyou.com, you need 16,000 points to get a $100 check, or 14,500 points to get a $100 statement credit. It isn't even 1:1 for a lousy gift card. That's more like 3%/2% and they could make the ratios even less favorable in the future.

I applied over the phone calling Associated Bank's customer service. Instantly knew the terms, and mailed me out a brochure after I applied. However, Citi has not yet recieved any of my information. The best way to apply for this card (if you don't want to call the number listed here) is to ask Associated Bank CSR for the application number. I think I am in for a wait for Citi to get and process my information.

If anyone else did it this way, how long did it take for Citi to get your info?

yorix said: What am I missing here? According to thankyou.com, you need 16,000 points to get a $100 check, or 14,500 points to get a $100 statement credit. It isn't even 1:1 for a lousy gift card. That's more like 3%/2% and they could make the ratios even less favorable in the future.

If only there was a thread discussing the best way to use Thank You points...

Anyone with the Associates Bank 5% Card able to confirm that it integrates nicely with Microsoft Money (IE - Money can connect and automatically copy over transactions?) - I've had mixed luck in the past with "smaller bank" credit cards not having this support or making me manually download.

Any users able to speak from experience?

silam said: I applied over the phone calling Associated Bank's customer service. Instantly knew the terms, and mailed me out a brochure after I applied. However, Citi has not yet recieved any of my information. The best way to apply for this card (if you don't want to call the number listed here) is to ask Associated Bank CSR for the application number. I think I am in for a wait for Citi to get and process my information.

If anyone else did it this way, how long did it take for Citi to get your info?

Recently applied by calling Associated BAnk. Got a tel no. from them to call to check status (presumably Citi). Called them a few times but couldn't find out anything.
Citi just took their sweet time and eventually sent the cards about 3-4 wks later.

Indicated by phone that I, ahem, "picked up a flyer in the branch." Must have been when I was visiting my cousin in Green Bay.
I'm in California.
Looks like WalMart took at 5%.

However the OP states "5 reward dollars for every individual transaction greater than $1,500" but this definitely did not show up on the (single payment) of $2,388 I made for my Professional E&O Insurance, within my first statement cycle. Is there a delay?

CITIBANK-ACCOUNT HOLDERS with the 5% ASSOCIATED BANK VISA . . .

Have any of you been able to set up external Inter-Institution transfer from within your Citibank account to your Associated Bank Cash Rebate VISA?

The Routing Number for AB is 075900575
HEADQUARTERS
ASSOCIATED BANC CORP
1200 HANSEN ROAD
GREEN BAY, WI 54304-5448

— and you can alternatively set up an online payment account through AB's own portal HERE, but I'm trying to avoid the infamous Citibank Two-Step obligatory with all of their co-branded cards (meaning, you can't link a co-branded card to your Citibank Accounts, which is annoying as hell because it requires a whole separate LOGIN to each co-branded card's separate payment portal grrrrrr).

Any tips guys? or am I just stuck doing the CTS?

TYTBUDGET

UPDATE:

After my experience, I recommend using the number posted by ChiefRocka or calling Associated Bank and asking for the phone number to apply. The delay for Citi to get my information from Associated Bank was about 5 business days which was annoying. This was a TU pull for me (makes the card even better). Approved once I verified address.

I just got my first statement of Associated Bank cashrebate Visa. Grocery and Rite-aid are 5% but WalMart only 1% (it sells some groceries but not a Super WalMart).

TYTBUDGET said: Indicated by phone that I, ahem, "picked up a flyer in the branch." Must have been when I was visiting my cousin in Green Bay.
I'm in California.
Looks like WalMart took at 5%.

However the OP states "5 reward dollars for every individual transaction greater than $1,500" but this definitely did not show up on the (single payment) of $2,388 I made for my Professional E&O Insurance, within my first statement cycle. Is there a delay?

CITIBANK-ACCOUNT HOLDERS with the 5% ASSOCIATED BANK VISA . . .

Have any of you been able to set up external Inter-Institution transfer from within your Citibank account to your Associated Bank Cash Rebate VISA?

The Routing Number for AB is 075900575
HEADQUARTERS
ASSOCIATED BANC CORP
1200 HANSEN ROAD
GREEN BAY, WI 54304-5448

— and you can alternatively set up an online payment account through AB's own portal HERE, but I'm trying to avoid the infamous Citibank Two-Step obligatory with all of their co-branded cards (meaning, you can't link a co-branded card to your Citibank Accounts, which is annoying as hell because it requires a whole separate LOGIN to each co-branded card's separate payment portal grrrrrr).

Any tips guys? or am I just stuck doing the CTS?

TYTBUDGET

How about meijers? Does it offer 5%?

Okay everything's good now. Just a little confusing.

TYTBUDGET said:

I think that's only for balance transfers >$1500, not other transactions such as purchases.

Did any one do a screen dump of this deal? It no longer is valid and they are claiming that when I signed up it was only 4%. It doesn't even offer that at the link now!

Appreciate your help! Please send me a copy of the ad if you've got it.
-Stu

EVERYTHING
Citi CashReturns MC (thanks lhendricks92, mountainview)
•Bonus: See description •Annual Limit: none•Redeem For: Cash •Increment: 50
At 5% on every puchase with no limit, this is a great card. Too bad this offer is only for 3 months. Afterwhich it is a pretty standard 1% card. If you have some big purchases coming up (think Christmas), it may be worth the limited rewards time frame.

CashReturns MC Link

Stubot, the links below still work. Take a screenshot before they disappear.
Working link as of 4/17 5:25AM EST

Another working link 4/17 5:25AM EST

stubot said: Did any one do a screen dump of this deal? It no longer is valid and they are claiming that when I signed up it was only 4%. It doesn't even offer that at the link now!

Appreciate your help! Please send me a copy of the ad if you've got it.
-Stu

EVERYTHING
Citi CashReturns MC (thanks lhendricks92, mountainview)
•Bonus: See description •Annual Limit: none•Redeem For: Cash •Increment: 50
At 5% on every puchase with no limit, this is a great card. Too bad this offer is only for 3 months. Afterwhich it is a pretty standard 1% card. If you have some big purchases coming up (think Christmas), it may be worth the limited rewards time frame.

CashReturns MC Link

My guess is that you are ok as the Bonus is 4% on top of the 1% standard.

Heads up to Associated Bank (Citi) Visa holders:
I received a (snail) mailing offering an $80 statement credit if I totaled $600 in purchases for 1May08-31Jul08. That's 13.3% on top of the 5% CashBack (grocery, pharma, gas)! Not sure if this is targeted, but keep an eye out for the letter in the mail.

Maybe it has something to do with my 0% BT that ends 05Aug08.

hmm.. I did not get the promotion.

blowout said: Heads up to Associated Bank (Citi) Visa holders:
I received a (snail) mailing offering an $80 statement credit if I totaled $600 in purchases for 1May08-31Jul08. That's 13.3% on top of the 5% CashBack (grocery, pharma, gas)! Not sure if this is targeted, but keep an eye out for the letter in the mail.

I am not very up on the whole BT offer concept, but if you use your card while you have the 0% balance on it and make payments, don't you end up paying off the 0% part of your balance before every paying off the high interest rate charges you just made?

blowout said: Heads up to Associated Bank (Citi) Visa holders:

I got similar thing but not as good as yours. I have to total $1200 between May 1st to July 31st to get $60 statement credit. So that is basically additional 5% CashBack for me.

I guess they are doing a test or promo on different levels of customers. I might have been a bad customer lol

I have been using the Associated Bank card since fall of 2007... maxed out the $300 reward limit as of last month and have done the same on my old Chase Cash Back Rewards (afraid it will be finally converted to a Freedom, but not yet)

....considering applying for another card in my wife's name.... anybody know of any other 5% card that is not marketed, under the radar, etc? Will Associated give me another card?

Does the "Associated Bank 5% card" still take new applicant? Thanks

There is a post by "Marvelous" is the thread I created about this card at the following link:

Credit Card Goodies

He says "We got 2 Associated Bank cards"...

I think that's a pretty good answer for you.

Applied for the Associated Bank Cash Rebate card on Monday 8/4, over the phone using the number ChiefRocka supplied in their post. Just called the number given to check on application status and it states that my application was approved on 8/8 and should expect my card in the next 7-10 days. This card still appears to be alive.

I can't believe that more people do not know about this card.... I never see it discussued in any other forum. At any rate, I got another card, like someone else, just in case the old Chase Rewards Plus card goes away. I know of no other 5% back card. With gasoline prices the way they are, 5% back is hugh!

dragoon976 said: ChiefRocka said:
5% cash rebate on supermarkets, gas stations, drug stores.
1% on everything else.
Max $300 Rebate Dollars every calendar year.
Request checks when reward balance $50 or more.
5 rebate dollars for each individual transaction of $1,500 or more.
0% BT for 9 months. BT transfer fee: 3% $5 min, $75 max.
No annual fee.

Apply by calling 1-877-577-9485 an ask for the card.

If you have an Associated Bank near you, you can pick up the application in branch.

Link to Bank Website - Offer is unadvertised

Information about Associated Bank

Just as a data point -- I applied for this card; it's definitely legit. Completely automated phone process; only asks for Household Income, which was great for me since I have a very high HHI. I received a 25k line that's already showing up on my CR, but I haven't received the card yet. I'm not sure why this card isn't getting more discussion.

What kind of credit score is needed for this card? Excellent? I want to try, but my credit history is less than 1 year...

silam said: UPDATE:

After my experience, I recommend using the number posted by ChiefRocka or calling Associated Bank and asking for the phone number to apply. The delay for Citi to get my information from Associated Bank was about 5 business days which was annoying. This was a TU pull for me (makes the card even better). Approved once I verified address.

Doesn't Citi usually pull from Equifax?

IamKiva said: I can't believe that more people do not know about this card.... I never see it discussued in any other forum. At any rate, I got another card, like someone else, just in case the old Chase Rewards Plus card goes away. I know of no other 5% back card. With gasoline prices the way they are, 5% back is hugh!Just got a letter that my Chase Rewards Plus dropped from the old 5% to the new 3% (on both of my accounts). Also said rewards can now be redeemed for statement credit.

scripta said: IamKiva said: I can't believe that more people do not know about this card.... I never see it discussued in any other forum. At any rate, I got another card, like someone else, just in case the old Chase Rewards Plus card goes away. I know of no other 5% back card. With gasoline prices the way they are, 5% back is hugh!Just got a letter that my Chase Rewards Plus dropped from the old 5% to the new 3% (on both of my accounts). Also said rewards can now be redeemed for statement credit.

was that the Rewards Plus Card or the Cash Plus card? Alot of people have mentioned about getting it for Cash Plus already and i figured Rewards PLus would be next..though so far no one else has mentioned that one...so was it actually the Rewards Plus that your were notified of the change to 3%?

^^^ oops, I am sorry, this was for Cash Plus Rewards. I know it was dropped for many people a long time ago, but I survived that somehow until now.

scripta said: ^^^ oops, I am sorry, this was for Cash Plus Rewards. I know it was dropped for many people a long time ago, but I survived that somehow until now.

Thanks...i thought you might have actually meant Cash Plus

Though i certainly don't have any doubt that they will be sending out letters to Rewards Plus cardholders after they finish with these.....I'm sure their intention is to COMPLETELY phase out the 5% rewards at this point in time......
Still, we have to be thankful we had it for as long as we did.......I also have the Freedom Card and use that as well...Once my Rewards Plus get lowered, i'll just ask them to move the line to my Freedom Card and close that Rewards Plus out.....

well, i just called on the Associated Bank Cash Rebate Card and applied for it. I got the letter yesterday about my Chase Cash Plus going to 3% on October 30. I do still have my HSBC card that does 5% G/G/D, but I usually use that only for WalMart gift card recharges so I can use it at Sam's Club, and I don't really like the fact that the HSBC reward is annual, not when you reach $50 or whatever, like with Chase, Citi, and this Associated Bank one. So hopefully I'll qualify for it. I have excellent credit; the only thing that might work against me is that I've been with my job for only 5 months. Do you think that'll be enough to disqualify me for it? I guess I'll see for sure in 7-10 days, which is how long they said it would take for the card to be sent to me if I'm approved.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 122 23 24252636
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014