• 119 20 21222336
  • Page
  • Text Only
at&t (including cingular)
10% for 12 months, 5% thereafter

mountainview said: at&t (including cingular)

You are amazing. Just 14 posts so far, but at least another one was memorable, that one announcing us the 5% HSBC card.

mountainview said: at&t (including cingular)

• Your AT&T Universal Platinum Card account (Card Account) will receive a savings based upon eligible transactions appearing on your current month's billing statement. The only eligible transactions are AT&T consumer products and/or services and Cingular bill payments. AT&T consumer products and services must be purchased through 1-800-222-3111, 1-866-246-4852, www.att.com, www.telephones.att.com, www.cingular.com, Cingular Company owned stores or AT&T customer service centers. Purchases from independent Cingular dealers are not eligible, unless they are for payment of Cingular service. The savings will show on your Card Account as long as your Card Account is open and current. However, if your Card Account is no longer open or current, you will not be able to earn these savings.
• Unless you are participating in a limited-time promotional offer, you will earn 5% on eligible AT&T purchases. For the first year of cardmembership, you will earn 10% on eligible AT&T purchases.

(moved to dedicated AT&T Card thread))

is there a business card thread? if we spend $50K+ whats the best Cash Back card. Mostly office,computer, internet,bills that take CC's? would prefer to not have to think about caps and such but get mad rewards or at least consistent ones.

g10ny said: mountainview said: at&t (including cingular)

You are amazing. Just 14 posts so far, but at least another one was memorable, that one announcing us the 5% HSBC card.

+1.

Keep note the replacement plan insurance for FREE? That's insane...signing up now. Thanks MV

wamu card

like blue cash, but better. read the whole thread.

FFGuru said: GAS, SUPERMARKET, DRUG STORES (Everyday Purchases)
10) AmEx Blue Cash (Thanks e1Superman, billrubin, DaveHanson) Strategize!
•Bonus: $50 •Reward Limit: None! •Redeem For: Cash •Increment: ???
The catch is that you only earn 5% after your first $6,500 in total spending per year. If you don't use credit a ton, this isn't a good choice. If you already use AMEX a bunch, and/or if you'll find yourself maxing out the rewards on the other cards in this list quickly, this would be an excellent pick. After your initial $6,500 in spending per year, you'll earn 5% on Everyday Purchases and an excellent 1% elsewhere up to $50,000 in total spending. Now three smiley's because this card will probably the least likely 5% reward cards to disappear since it encourages consumer spending in all purchase categories. More info is in this excellent thread. For a $50 statement credit and double points at supermarkets apply via their website and use code 3003396000 (or call 1-877-801-4221).

Above $6500, AMEX Blue Cash gives 1.5%, not 1%.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, FFGuru!!!

FFGuru, just as a suggestion these kinds of threads work better when you place the data in the QUICK TAGS Wiki and allow others to append/correct. Green. And thanks for monitoring this.

Tytie

Thanks everyone for the additions & corrections.

Glad to be back.

I can't seem to find the reward limit on that WaMu card. Does anyone know?

Key bank has a 5% back on everything card Link although its only for 3 months (cap of $300 in rewards).

I would say the Driver's Edge deserves to be in the regular category and not just in the limited time category.

Because driving does not require a purchase some people can easily drive one mile for every point earned, effectively giving them 6 points per dollar on gas/groc/drug stores which is worth at 5% if not 6% or more.

You can make the case that not everyone can drive that much but you can also make the case that some people wouldn't cross the $6,500 or $4,000 threshold in spending on your top two cards. So either remove those cards or add the Driver's Edge please.

Seems like this thread would be a lot better if the OP kept the list in the wiki rather than making personal comments there and keeping the list in the first post.

ScootyPuffSr said: I would say the Driver's Edge deserves to be in the regular category and not just in the limited time category.

Because driving does not require a purchase some people can easily drive one mile for every point earned, effectively giving them 6 points per dollar on gas/groc/drug stores which is worth at 5% if not 6% or more.

You can make the case that not everyone can drive that much but you can also make the case that some people wouldn't cross the $6,500 or $4,000 threshold in spending on your top two cards. So either remove those cards or add the Driver's Edge please.

Seems like this thread would be a lot better if the OP kept the list in the wiki rather than making personal comments there and keeping the list in the first post.

The Driver's edge card It is a "limited time reward" as the OP has it listed. You could make any airline mileage card a 5% card just by flying a whole heck of a lot, and it doesn't make sense to start including those in the listing as well. I say leave things where they are at.

Keep the OP as it is.... otherwise anyone could just keep changing the ratings and info on a whim without correct info. Like 10 posts ago someone said AMEX blue was 1%, and another said 1.5%... too many cooks in the kitchen in wiki. But that's just MHO.

suaveseattle said: ScootyPuffSr said: I would say the Driver's Edge deserves to be in the regular category and not just in the limited time category.

The Driver's edge card It is a "limited time reward" as the OP has it listed. You could make any airline mileage card a 5% card just by flying a whole heck of a lot, and it doesn't make sense to start including those in the listing as well. I say leave things where they are at.

Keep the OP as it is.... otherwise anyone could just keep changing the ratings and info on a whim without correct info. Like 10 posts ago someone said AMEX blue was 1%, and another said 1.5%... too many cooks in the kitchen in wiki. But that's just MHO.

I don't understand your logic. Many airline miles cards are 25,000 miles for a free domestic airline ticket. I don't know about you but my domestic coach airline tickets do not cost $1,250. How is that 5%.

It was the OP who had the Am.Ex Blue Cash listed at 1.25% for over a year. So letting FFGuru put up incorrect information for over a year is superior to a wiki I don't know.

Finally if driving is not desirable than neither is spending $6,500. In fact mathematically it is impossible to get 5% on all purchases with Blue Cash because you'll only get 5% in the limit as your spending goes to infinity which is not possible in one year.

So if anything needs to go, it is Blue Cash which does not give 5% ever. With Driver's Edge I can choose to only buy gas/groc/drugs and I can choose to limit my purchases to the number of miles I will drive so it is possible to get 5% on all purchases I make with the card.

The only reason Blue Cash is 5% is because one subsidized it by getting a terrible Cash Back on the first $6,500.

ScootyPuffSr said:

I don't understand your logic. Many airline miles cards are 25,000 miles for a free domestic airline ticket. I don't know about you but my domestic coach airline tickets do not cost $1,250. How is that 5%.

It was the OP who had the Am.Ex Blue Cash listed at 1.25% for over a year. So letting FFGuru put up incorrect information for over a year is superior to a wiki I don't know.

Finally if driving is not desirable than neither is spending $6,500. In fact mathematically it is impossible to get 5% on all purchases with Blue Cash because you'll only get 5% in the limit as your spending goes to infinity which is not possible in one year.

So if anything needs to go, it is Blue Cash which does not give 5% ever. With Driver's Edge I can choose to only buy gas/groc/drugs and I can choose to limit my purchases to the number of miles I will drive so it is possible to get 5% on all purchases I make with the card.

The only reason Blue Cash is 5% is because one subsidized it by getting a terrible Cash Back on the first $6,500.

Do you work for Citi?

About the flying, I am not talking about the bonus. I am saying that you could feasibly fly 4 miles for every dollar you spend effectively making it a 5% card. Just like Citi's card.... you could feasibly drive 4 miles for every dollar you spend making it a 5% card. Same difference. Simply diffent means of getting to the same goal.

suaveseattle said:

About the flying, I am not talking about the bonus. I am saying that you could feasibly fly 4 miles for every dollar you spend effectively making it a 5% card. Just like Citi's card.... you could feasibly drive 4 miles for every dollar you spend making it a 5% card. Same difference. Simply diffent means of getting to the same goal.

Come again?

Citi PP and PPE are the only two cards I know of that give points for miles flown. If you are referring to frequent flyer miles you do realize you can get those even if you pay cash, right?

I'm not following you how frequent flyer miles you would have gotten regardless of the payment method equate to a 5% rebate on credit cards.

Citi PP and PPE only give 1 point for gas/groc/drugs so even doubling that with fly points would only make it 2 point s per dollar which is off-topic for this thread of 5% only.

ScootyPuffSr said: Finally if driving is not desirable than neither is spending $6,500. In fact mathematically it is impossible to get 5% on all purchases with Blue Cash because you'll only get 5% in the limit as your spending goes to infinity which is not possible in one year.

Yes, overall Cash Back on a tiered card can only approach the max %, but check out some of the calculations I've run with the new WaMu deal:

Assuming only EDP spending...

$12,500 yields 4%
$16,650 yields 4.25%
$25,000 yields 4.5%

If your spending is relatively robust, this is really nice card. Not to knock the Driver's Edge or travel cards, but we're talking about Cash Back, not miles, not Thank You points, and the best Cash Back rate isn't limited to the first year. (Although the Cash Back rate for gas spikes to 10% for the first 6 months.)

^^^^This is not the place to discuss it, but I would love to see your reasoning of why 6 TY points is worse than 5 cents from the WaMu card.

10,000 points will buy a gift card at most major stores. Let's say you had a way of getting 5% off at those stores that you could not use because you used the gift card. 6*.95=5.7.

5.7 cents > 5 cents

That's not even mentioning airline flights where you can get 2 cents per TY point.

Would it really be that wasteful (you never would have shopped there otherwise) to spend $100 at one of the following....

footlocker
nike
Old Navy
gap
waldenbooks
pottery barn
bath and body works
home depot
pier 1
bed bath and beyond
linens and things
target
Sears
Office Depot
Staples
comp usa
applebees
Macys
jc pennys
dillards.......

My hat is off to you as a consumer if you are so frugal that you cannot manage to spend $100 during the course of a year at any of these stores that 6% turned into gift cards is worse than 5% straight cash.

In fact, you aren't really getting 5 cents from WaMu. By your own calculations the typical household would often get 4.5 cents or less. I know TY points aren't the greatest thing ever, but I would certainly take 6 TY points over 4.5 cents any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

ScootyPuffSr said: ^^^^This is not the place to discuss it, but I would love to see your reasoning of why 6 TY points is worse than 5 cents from the WaMu card.

I am no economist, but probably because cash is liquid. Cash can't devalue relative to itself, however, the value of a point can. Like FFGuru said, tiered cards generally stick around longer.

Driver's edge may be a great card if you drive a lot more than you spend and/or don't mind CC offer hopping every 6 months to a year. If so, more power to you. As for the majority of us, the value simply isn't there.

Billiken said: ScootyPuffSr said: ^^^^This is not the place to discuss it, but I would love to see your reasoning of why 6 TY points is worse than 5 cents from the WaMu card.

I am no economist, but probably because cash is liquid. Cash can't devalue relative to itself, however, the value of a point can. Like FFGuru said, tiered cards generally stick around longer.

How long does it take to spend a $100 gift card that you expect a significant devaluation? In fact once it is a gift card it is like money at that store so if prices go up at that store they will go up for "cash" purchases just the same.

There is absolutely no reason why TY points can't be locked into cash value the second they are posted and the threshold has been reached.

Driver's edge may be a great card if you drive a lot more than you spend and/or don't mind CC offer hopping every 6 months to a year. If so, more power to you. As for the majority of us, the value simply isn't there.

How many times do I have to say it? I never said Driver's Edge is the best card out there. I never said everyone should use Driver's Edge. In fact Driver's Edge is not my primary card.

Despite being called a shill for Citi my heaviest use cards are FIA and my second most use is Chase and my third most used is Household bank.

Since when was only the "best" card available to be considered in this list?

If that was true than Blue Cash should be removed because WaMu has a lower tier and Mastercard/Visa is accepted at more places than AMEX as a whole. Oh wait, this is a complete list of cards for different people. So are all of you guys fighting so hard just to prevent it from being listed?

Just because YOU personally don't like Driver's Edge doesn't mean you all have to be a-holes who won't even let it be on the list for people who could use it.

Geeze, the smugness on here is pretty thick it is getting hard to see.

Clearly wasting $6,500 in spending at a low Cash Back redemption and only being accepted at places where AM.EX is taken is not for everyone but no one is suggesting that Am.Ex Blue Cash be removed from the list.

So why are you all fighting so hard to pick out scenarios where Driver's Edge wouldn't work? No one ever said it was the best card for everyone.

Why is it so important to keep it off the list that you guys have to put up straw men and knock them down?

ScootyPuffSr said:
Since when was only the "best" card available to be considered in this list?..........

but no one is suggesting that Am.Ex Blue Cash be removed from the list.

ScootyPuffSr said:
So either remove those cards or add the Driver's Edge

???????????

suaveseattle said: ScootyPuffSr said:
Since when was only the "best" card available to be considered in this list?.......... but no one is suggesting that Am.Ex Blue Cash be removed from the list.

ScootyPuffSr said:
So either remove those cards or add the Driver's Edge

???????????

Wow, that was a rhetorical statement. If you are not capable of abstract thought than perhaps you shouldn't be posting.

I made that statement to point out the absurdity and arbitrary nature by which you "gatekeepers" want to keep Driver's Edge out. I never seriously suggested that Blue Cash should be removed.

Does it make you feel powerful deciding what cards other people should get.

By the way, Suave, I'm still waiting for the response of how all miles cards are 5%.

Driver's Edge rebate can be used for car purchase and service -- no Thank You point conversion. Some TY gift cards can be redeemed for less than 100 points per gift card dollar. Example: $50 Lands End for 4500 points.

The miles rebate is free. I have to drive whether I get the rebate or not. When I have the miles, the DE is essentially a 6%/2% card. That's not introductory rate. Which card has a better rebate rate? When my spending is much ahead of the miles, I simply switch to two other cards to get 5%/1.5% while my miles accumulate.

c3 said: Driver's Edge rebate can be used for car purchase and service -- no Thank You point conversion.

This is simply not true if you ask for your card to be converted to a Driver's Edge option card.

I can personally verify that Driver's Edge rebates CAN be converted to TY points.

Secondly one can get 6%/2% on all purchases if one keeps the right spending/driving ratio (obviously if you don't have a car this is not for you).

Thirdly, once your TY points are converted to gift cards the inflation caused by rising prices at the store will occur whether you pay cash or not...the items will cost more.

Fourth even a retarded monkey could convert 6 TY points to at least 4.5 cents that you guys are claiming is so great by selling home depot gift cards on eBay.

Finally, it is mathematically impossible to get 5% and only 5% from either WaMu or Blue Cash and it is possible to get 5.7%-6% on a NON-LIMITED TIME BASIS with Driver's Edge.

Since you guys wanted to get all technical and say that TY points are cash (and imply that they can't be converted to cash value which is false) you should admit that Blue Cash is also not a "5% card" by your own definitions.

This is ridiculousness, if you guys want to make up a completely arbitrary set of rules and make false statements, have fun with your power trip.

I'm out.

ScootyPuffSr said:
I made that statement to point out the absurdity and arbitrary nature by which you "gatekeepers" want to keep Driver's Edge out. I never seriously suggested that Blue Cash should be removed.

You made the statement "So either remove those cards or add the Driver's Edge" in your first post of this series.... before any "gate keepers" had the chance to say anything. I haven't heard anyone suggest that Driver's edge should be removed. The only reason I replied is because I don't think any of the cards should be removed.

I completely understand how FF miles work. You are correct... you don't have to use a credit card go get them. Valid point. However, you still can feasibly fly more than you buy just like you can drive more than you buy to turn Citi's into a 5% card. BTW... nor have you answered my question "do you work for Citi?"

I think we are both arguing to keep things the way they are. So I guess there isn't much of a reason to argue at all. To each their own.

ScootyPuffSr said: c3 said: Driver's Edge rebate can be used for car purchase and service -- no Thank You point conversion.

This is simply not true if you ask for your card to be converted to a Driver's Edge option card.

I can personally verify that Driver's Edge rebates CAN be converted to TY points.

Secondly one can get 6%/2% on all purchases if one keeps the right spending/driving ratio (obviously if you don't have a car this is not for you).

Thirdly, once your TY points are converted to gift cards the inflation caused by rising prices at the store will occur whether you pay cash or not...the items will cost more.

Fourth even a retarded monkey could convert 6 TY points to at least 4.5 cents that you guys are claiming is so great by selling home depot gift cards on eBay.

Finally, it is mathematically impossible to get 5% and only 5% from either WaMu or Blue Cash and it is possible to get 5.7%-6% on a NON-LIMITED TIME BASIS with Driver's Edge.

Since you guys wanted to get all technical and say that TY points are cash (and imply that they can't be converted to cash value which is false) you should admit that Blue Cash is also not a "5% card" by your own definitions.

Umm, I think c3 was actually supporting your opinion. Probably wasn't a good idea to compare him to a retarded money.

suaveseattle said: I haven't heard anyone suggest that Driver's edge should be removed.

Actually you said you did not want it in the main list. Being removed from the main list or blocking it from getting their in the first place is just a game of semantics.

The only reason I replied is because I don't think any of the cards should be removed.

Actually no you replied saying you wanted to keep Driver's Edge off the main list.

I completely understand how FF miles work. You are correct... you don't have to use a credit card go get them. Valid point. However, you still can feasibly fly more than you buy just like you can drive more than you buy to turn Citi's into a 5% card. BTW... nor have you answered my question "do you work for Citi?"

You have the most bizarre logic ever. If you go to a store and they have a 5% off everything sale does that also "turn" any credit card into a 5% card? That is the type of logic you are trying to pull off.

How many times do I have to say it? FF Miles can be earned regardless of the method of payment and would be earned anyway. So in no way does have a FF # make any card a 5% card.

The fact is you would not be earning those drive miles without the driver's edge card so THAT credit card is providing you that value. You would be earning thos FF miles with or without the card. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

everybody freaking calm down. all of these cards have merits, and everyone can decide how best to use them given 1) their own personal spending habits and 2) the advantages and disadvantages of the cards. does anyone really care if a card is or isn't on the list???

to say things like "Clearly wasting $6,500 in spending at a low Cash Back redemption" or "even a retarded monkey could convert 6 TY points to at least 4.5 cents" is just inflammatory and completely unnecessary.

to paraphrase Allen Iverson, "we're talking about credit cards, man. credit cards."

suaveseattle said:

Umm, I think c3 was actually supporting your opinion. Probably wasn't a good idea to compare him to a retarded money.

Ummmmmmmm, unlike you I point out factual inaccuracies whether it supports my case or not. I do not buy into the group think you are supporting.

He made a factual error, I pointed it out. Case closed.

I never called C3 a retarded monkey or a retarded money. Now you are just lying. Every point beyond the first one was not addressed to C3 and those points were addressed to the general conversation on this thread.

In fact I never called anyone a retarded monkey. I said that despite what many people (I never said C3 said it, in fact s/he didn't say it) said, a retarded monkey can convert the points to cash value.

Reading comprehension is fundamental.

all of these cards have merits, and everyone can decide how best to use them

Then why is SuaveSeattle trying so hard to prevent it from being added to the main list?

You may call my comments inflammatory, but at least they aren't riddled with factual errors like so many comments on this thread.

I never said Driver's Edge should be the #1 card. I simply asked for it to be added to the main list for consideration by everyone.

It is not a limited time deal.

I will not respond to anything else until this is addressed?

It is very possible to redeem Driver's Edge points program for more than 5% cash value well after the first 12 months.

If the above bolded statement is not true, please point out why. If it is true, please add it to the main list. So why hasn't it been added to the main list and why is SuaveSeattle making up arguments to try to prevent it from being added.

Made up arguments include that all miles cards are 5% off card. That's like saying getting a 10% off coupon in the mail makes your credit card a 10% off card.

dp

Wow. There's been a lot of....well.... "discussion" going on in the last day or so while I've been away. Thanks for the hits though.

Thanks for all of the info people. SuaveSeattle, I tend to agree with you on the way the list is set up. ScootyPuffSr you made some good points on the value of Driver's Edge. It sounds like you really like your Citi Driver's Edge, and know a lot about it. That's awesome. There's a lot of intricacies and strategizing with this card though... a lot more than I can explain in my brief synopsis of a card. Probably enough that it deserves it's own thread. If you start one, let me know and I'll be sure and link it from this OP.

Enjoy your day everyone!

ScootyPuffSr said: c3 said: Driver's Edge rebate can be used for car purchase and service -- no Thank You point conversion.

I guess my sentence was poorly worded. I meant to say that the rebate does not have to be converted to TY points. It can also be used toward car purchase and service.

DE is my current primary card.

Boom shaka laka

There is a way to still get the benefits of the Citi Dividends Card. Associated Bank issues an unadvertised card called the “Associated Bank Cash Rebate Card”. They issue it through Citibank’s co-brand platform. The terms are exactly the same as the old Citi Dividends Card before they limited the benefits.

5% cash rebate on supermarkets, gas stations, drug stores.
1% on everything else.
Max $300 Rebate Dollars every calendar year.
Request checks when reward balance $50 or more.
5 rebate dollars for each individual transaction of $1,500 or more.
0% BT for 9 months. BT transfer fee: 3% $5 min, $75 max.
No annual fee.

Apply by calling 1-877-577-9485 an ask for the card.

If you have an Associated Bank near you, you can pick up the application in branch.

Link to Bank Website - Offer is unadvertised

Information about Associated Bank

ChiefRocka said:
5% cash rebate on supermarkets, gas stations, drug stores.
1% on everything else.
Max $300 Rebate Dollars every calendar year.
Request checks when reward balance $50 or more.
5 rebate dollars for each individual transaction of $1,500 or more.
0% BT for 9 months. BT transfer fee: 3% $5 min, $75 max.
No annual fee.

Apply by calling 1-877-577-9485 an ask for the card.

If you have an Associated Bank near you, you can pick up the application in branch.

Link to Bank Website - Offer is unadvertised

Information about Associated Bank

Just as a data point -- I applied for this card; it's definitely legit. Completely automated phone process; only asks for Household Income, which was great for me since I have a very high HHI. I received a 25k line that's already showing up on my CR, but I haven't received the card yet. I'm not sure why this card isn't getting more discussion.

I just received a letter saying my Citi Dividend card is being switched from 5% on gas/drug/groc to 2% gas/drug/groc/cable/util effective Oct 13. Maybe I'll apply for the card posted just above once that occurs. Thanks.

On the AMEX blue cash card, with the minimum of 6500$ worth of purchases to get 5%, if I only spend 6501$ in a year on the card, is only 1$ of my purchases given back to me at 5%, with the rest at that obscenly low rate? Or am I misreading? Sorry if this has been posted before, I might have dazed out when searching the thread.

has anybody received their approved card from associated bank mentioned above?

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 119 20 21222336
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.