• 112131415 16
  • Page
  • Text Only

SegaRob said: [Q]I recently received a $200 credit to my account. However, I'm not sure if this is from Citibank for the MVR3 promotion or something else.

The transaction is listed as: *FINANCIAL CENTER DEPOSIT/ PAYMENT

Is this the same for everyone else? Thanks.

I got the same thing today. Opened the account in Feb. Talked to them several times with no answer. Finally, I complainted to BBB and "Office of the Comptroller of the Currency". Got money deposited in a week. Time to close the account coz citi sucks in trying to steal my $200.

Hell they gave us $200 free. Yea screw them. They made me make a few phone calls for my $200. What terrible people.

mine was an April '06 account opening
didn't get into any argument
just requested an investigation a few weeks back
got my letter today
we have completed our investigation
you qualify for MVR3
$200 will be credited to your account

thanks OP and those that have followed-up

I need a little advice/info/suggestion.

I did this deal and of course had to call for my credit.

The issue is, I also got my gf to sign up for this deal. She's not as good at managing these thigns and i've been trying to help remember and keep up with all this.

Well, she did the deal back in April and the credit never came. She's been VERY busy with school and went to Spain for a month and such.

Well, she never got her credit, and I've been trying to get her to call about it. Well, she finally got logged into to her online account today and saw her account was closed due to inactivity.

Well, basically, she didn't use the account, they got her for about 4 monthly inactivity fees and she became overdrawn on the account and they closed it.

Well, she's concerned this will go on her credit and her chex record.

Well she said she never got statements from them but never signed up for paperless statements. She's very familiar with banking and credit and has worked at a bank for years and has great credit.

She never got emailed statements or paper.

Well, I suggested to call and argue that, you expected the credit to be applied within 120 days and hence your account would have then had sufficient funds and this would not have occurred. I suggested she demand the account be reopened and the 200 dollar credit be applied because they helped to cause this.

If the 36 bucks negative hits her credit, she can dispute that off, as far as chex, she knows a lot more about that system than me as she worked around it for years, but she doesn't know how to clear that up.

If any of you guys have any suggestions please share.

Also, note, I got 3 inactivity fees on my account and I still got the 200 after my phone call so the inactivity does not disqualify one from the offer.

thanks for any and all suggestions.

Small update. She called and they told her nothing was sent or reported on her. They told her, if she pays the 36 dollars in back fees that the account will be reopened and that would have to happen before they would be able to investigate the offer.

If she wont get the credit, then I'd suggest she not pay em the 36 bucks.

However, there is no way to know.

My position on this is, had they honored their end of the deal within 120 days as stated in the offer, then the account would have never been negative and subsequently cancelled.

It is not my place to hold their hand on an offer they gave and the money should have been credited.

Also, my position is that if they deny this, then i'll report them to the BBB for failure to comply with their own contract and potentially I can reference defamation of character, because their purposeful handling of the free offer resulted in a cancelled checking account that could potentially hurt her personal record as a banking customer.

What do ya think?

Should I go straight to Corporate or bother spending anymore time dealing with CSRs?

I signed up so long ago(among other promos) I forgot what the terms are...
can someone tell me how long we have to keep the accounts open?? ..are there penalties in closing early? Thanks!

I have confirmed that my gf account was opened in April. The account was closed in Sept. That means May, June, July, Aug, Plus a portion of the end of April, and the beginning of Sept, before the account was closed.

My argument will be that they had WELL OVER the 120 days to make one or BOTH credits. If they had made EITHER of those credits, then the account would not have gone negtive due to inactivity fees and they would have never closed it. So I feel that closing the account should not be a reason to deny the credit and they should make the credit upon the account being reopened.

after submitting a second request for an investigation (through their online email link for promotions or something similar) I have finally received the promo. This makes me happy as I opened my account after the original signup deadline. The CSR stated the promo had been extended but there was nothing in writing. My success at getting the bonus may be linked to decently large balances maintained in their online savings account.

Thanks OP for the great promo. I thought I would ditch the account but the online savings account paying 5% plus the convenient and fast ETF transfers have made this my favorite bank.

posting late. i had just opened citi accounts beginnning last year around the same time i saw this promo posted, so i called, emailed, and bullshitted my way into getting the first $100 credited, they even did an investigation, lol. then i waited for a good citi card offer to come around, saw the 'Citi Diamond Preferred 0% For Life with 2 purchases every month' posted, got it. emailed citi again, asked for the second $100, they did another investigation, got another $100.

I opened a citi account with the promotion code MRV4. Per their requirements, I faxed everything they needed and successfully registered online. After several weeks, I found I still could not use the transfer service or ATM, so I called them. Actually I called several times but no solution. At last, some rep told me that my account was closed because they could not contact me by home phone (they called three times). They made me reapplied it, which made me no longer a new customer. And till now, I still did not see the $200 credit. They refused to pay and it is under the second investigation.
Did anyone have the same experience with me and give me some advice? I really feel unhappy about that.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014