• 15 6 78913
  • Page
  • Text Only
Not eligible

woohoo, I actually qualified... I usually NEVER qualify for these things....

Thanks OP!!!!!!!!

Here is the link for the additional 2500 SPG points for extra AU's. This is an emailed link, so it might be targetted so YMMV.
Here

Help needed for the 12,000 pts offered around May, 2006:

I applied for the starwood card in May offering the 12,000 pts in three steps through the starwood website. I received 6,000 pts for the first purchase in June, but AMEX said that they didn't have this offer in May and refused to offer me ANOTHER 6,000 pts for my 1st stay in a starwood hotel (which I did on Sep 11) unless I can give them a copy of the offer from starwood in May.

The problem is that I didn't print any copy (hard copy or pff version) for this offer when I applied for it. So it would be highly appreciated if any one here printed out the 12,000 pts fign on offer for May?

PS: my email is adeleuc@yahoo.com. Pls email me a scanned copy or pdf version. Thanks again.

Has anyone successfully transferred starpoints from a business acct to a personal acct?

fluting said: Help needed for the 12,000 pts offered around May, 2006:

I applied for the starwood card in May offering the 12,000 pts in three steps through the starwood website. I received 6,000 pts for the first purchase in June, but AMEX said that they didn't have this offer in May and refused to offer me ANOTHER 6,000 pts for my 1st stay in a starwood hotel (which I did on Sep 11) unless I can give them a copy of the offer from starwood in May.

The problem is that I didn't print any copy (hard copy or pff version) for this offer when I applied for it. So it would be highly appreciated if any one here printed out the 12,000 pts fign on offer for May?

I don't recall having ever seen an offer for 6000pts first purchase + 6000 pts for ONE hotel stay. All the AMEX offers I've seen, including the one I signed up for were for 6000pts first purchase + 1500pts for each of the first 4 hotel stays (6000pts total). Sorry, can't help you with a copy of the app...

On the first statement you guys got, did it list the 10,000 points as earned, or did they just show up in the account without being stated on the statement? I got my statement and I only earned 44 starpoints from purchases with no mention of the bonus.

ShaneM said: Has anyone successfully transferred starpoints from a business acct to a personal acct?

ii have successfully merged my old corporate acct into my personal starwood platinum acct.

richfish13 said: On the first statement you guys got, did it list the 10,000 points as earned, or did they just show up in the account without being stated on the statement? I got my statement and I only earned 44 starpoints from purchases with no mention of the bonus.My g/f's first AMEX statement (closed 11/8) listed only 29 pts, no mention of 10k. Then when I checked her starwood account a few days later all the points were in:

11/13/2006 SPG AX 1ST PURCHASE (AX) 10000
11/13/2006 SPG AX BASE SPEND - CONSUMER 29

not eligible
i never am
thanks anyways, op!

for those who are interested, pretty significant news re: SPG points. flyertalk forum has alot of info regarding a new cat 7 being established for SPG, and talk of point deflation (cat2s moving to 3s etc)

http://flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=429&page=1&sort=lastpost&order=&pp=25&daysprune=10

(sorry bout linking to another forum but its a dedicated SPG forum, and its linked at the top of this thread so i hope its ok)

AMEX refuses to give me the 6000 points that I signed up for.
I used the link: http://www.AmericanExpress.com/12000starpointsforyou
which takes me to the new offer. If someone has a copy of the 6000 after first purchase offer, please PM me.

Help is much appreciated.

Well I finally got my miles, because AMEX created a new account instead of using the account number I gave them on the application. I called them and found this out. I also logged into starwood to find that I am a "Preferred Business Guest". I applied for the personal card though, any thoughts on why it's like that?

This is a great card I love it. I had it for almost 3 years now and I didn't get the bonus sign up pts, I guess they didn't have them back then. Anyway, I am wondering if I can apply again and get the 10K bonus pts even though I already have the card. Once I get the pts I will just cancel the new card. Is that worth it or even possible?

Quick question here...

Has anyone ever used their SPG points for perks inside a hotel...like flowers, massages, dinners? I called up the Westin Chosun in Seoul (Korea) and was told they offer $1:2points, so by my math a 40-min massage that costs 44,000 KRW ($46 USD) would only be 92 points. How is this realistic?

ShaneM said: Quick question here...

Has anyone ever used their SPG points for perks inside a hotel...like flowers, massages, dinners? I called up the Westin Chosun in Seoul (Korea) and was told they offer $1:2points, so by my math a 40-min massage that costs 44,000 KRW ($46 USD) would only be 92 points. How is this realistic?

Maybe it is 88000 points

Hehe, no they said they convert it to USD at the daily rate first

they were probably mistaken and meant you get 2 points per dollar spent at their hotel.

Wow, thank you! I can't believe this, but all 3 of my SPG cards were marked as eligible.... far out... and I 'think' that even though I'm enrolling this late in the game (December) it still retroactively will give double points for all purchases made between Nov15 and Dec15? I sure hope so....

charliek said: richfish13 said: 14-digit RSVP code or if you are registered to manage your account online, your user ID and password.

Do you have the link so I can try with my user ID to see if i'm eligible?

https://www109.AmericanExpress.com/dole/EnrollmentServlet?request_type=starwd01_splash&flt-prodType=starpointspromo

Can't find the thread I got this from originally, but it should be a nice way to sweeten this deal even more for those with northwest:

Did you know that you can convert hotel points into WorldPerks miles from some of your favorite hotel programs? From now until January 31, 2007, convert some or all of your hotel points to miles and WorldPerks will give you 25% more miles. Participating hotel programs include: goldpoints plusSM, Hilton HHonors®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, Priority Club® Rewards and Marriot Rewards®.
Register today and enter code (from email or postcard)! Hurry, this 25% Bonus is for a limited time only!

Got this from my nwa email. Check your email for code, maybe specific per recipient. According to the registration page, "(If you do not have a registration code, please enter 1148.)"

http://www.nwa.com/offers/PTM/?omni=em.wdan.20061129.intro.ptmnocard

elph31337,

Your offer makes no mention of the starwood preferred guest program and thus would not earn you a 25% bonus on top of the points transferred. Thus the previous post should be deleted as other posters might mistake this for an actual offer.

nm

I was just upgraded to Gold status and I no longer have a Platinum card. It must depend on the rep you reach.

I booked a Starwood room for 1000 points for $129 (not including the 3x points).

The manager of the hotel wrote a personal note in my email confirmation. WOW. I am floored.

This is great. Thanks op!

If I already have a SPG account, can I link it to this card, if I get it, or do I effectively lose my other points already accumulated?

mac911 said: If I already have a SPG account, can I link it to this card, if I get it, or do I effectively lose my other points already accumulated?
It can be linked. You won't lose points already accumulated.
There is a field for your SPG number when applying.

hi
i have a personal starwood acct and now i started a small business one
just wondering if any of you guys know if theres a limit to the amount of points you can earn per yr?? i linked the business the the same SPG account but maybe that wasnt too smart
thanks in advance

I tried finding this information in the thread, but couldn't. Can someone clarify if:
1. I have AMEX Gold already so signing up simply adds Starwood to my existing account or a new account has to be opened. The AMEX account info being requested seems to imply that it is added which I prefer.
2. Does the card have the same type of coverage for car rental insurance as my AMEX Gold? That is primary insurance is provided up to ~$40K?

thanks.

Does anyone know whats up with "cash and points" for 2007?

From what I have read on flyertalk, they are upgrading the system to include the new level 7 for some hotels. The addition of a 7th category will, in turn, devalue points somewhat.

richfish13 said: From what I have read on flyertalk, they are upgrading the system to include the new level 7 for some hotels. The addition of a 7th category will, in turn, devalue points somewhat.

what does that mean/?? are they lowering the point costs for a free night?

DBTZ said: richfish13 said: From what I have read on flyertalk, they are upgrading the system to include the new level 7 for some hotels. The addition of a 7th category will, in turn, devalue points somewhat.

what does that mean/?? are they lowering the point costs for a free night?

No, the opposite.

Just an update for Starwood members who haven't been following the new changes, below is a summary of devaluation:

In Feburary 2007, the 7th category will be added that will include nine hotels (as of now, the number is expected to increase)

St. Regis, New York
Sunset Key Cottages, Florida
W Retreat, Maldives
Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, French Polynesia
St. Regis Bora Bora Resort & Spa, French Polynesia
Hotel Gritti Palace, Venice
Hotel Cala di Volpe, Sardinia
Hotel Romazzino, Sardinia
Hotel Pitrizza, Sardinia

These are moving up from category 6, and there are many that will be moving up accordingly as well (ie. many category 3's will move to 4)

It's a pretty big devaluation coming that will mean you may need 1000's of more starpoints in Feb. than you need today.

Also, not too big of a deal, but it may be for some people. Continental is now 2:1 instead of 1:1. This may affect you if you use SPG as a FF card.

Edit:

Here is a thread at FlyerTalk started by the Starwood Rep. that frequents the board, along with a lengthy discussion about everything I stated above

richfish13 said: Just an update for Starwood members who haven't been following the new changes, below is a summary of devaluation:

In Feburary 2007, the 7th category will be added that will include nine hotels (as of now, the number is expected to increase)

St. Regis, New York
Sunset Key Cottages, Florida
W Retreat, Maldives
Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, French Polynesia
St. Regis Bora Bora Resort & Spa, French Polynesia
Hotel Gritti Palace, Venice
Hotel Cala di Volpe, Sardinia
Hotel Romazzino, Sardinia
Hotel Pitrizza, Sardinia

These are moving up from category 6, and there are many that will be moving up accordingly as well (ie. many category 3's will move to 4)

It's a pretty big devaluation coming that will mean you may need 1000's of more starpoints in Feb. than you need today.

Also, not too big of a deal, but it may be for some people. Continental is now 2:1 instead of 1:1. This may affect you if you use SPG as a FF card.

Edit:

Here is a thread at FlyerTalk started by the Starwood Rep. that frequents the board, along with a lengthy discussion about everything I stated above

wow
thanks for the heads up
seems that starwood may be catching on that they are the best rewards program out there

it says the 10k "bonus Starpoints are for first-time Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Cardmembers only." is that per business/personal account or just one per person?

You can get the bonus with a personal AND with a business card. Someone on this thread or the other thread said they churn the card and get the bonus every year but no one else has confirmed this, and I highly doubt if thats true.

To add to richfish13's post:
Transfer to Japan Airlines (JAL) is now 1:1 (used to be 3:2)

Thanks OP! Got one.

richfish13 said: You can get the bonus with a personal AND with a business card. Someone on this thread or the other thread said they churn the card and get the bonus every year but no one else has confirmed this, and I highly doubt if thats true.

It is true and I did it 3-4 times in the past 3-4 years. But I cancelled the old one first and waited 2-3 months before applying a new one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014