Lifetime Cash Back:

The "Official" Starwood AmEx Card Thread.... Points OR miles

5 of 49
DBTZ
3/2/06 3:59 PM
FFGuru said:

DBTZ said:

this card is GREAAAAAAAAAT......
you can get upgraded to gold for free, (there was a thread abt this on FW)

I remember that thread too, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Do you remember where you saw it? I know you can get upgraded to Gold automatically by joining Ameniti (United Airlines' premier travel club) That may be an option, and when combined with the free companion travel, it may make it worth the steep Ameniti membership. For more info on Ameniti click here. Have they stopped giving out tremendous bonus miles for signing up?

How else can one upgrade to Starwood gold for the free upgrades?

your right, i cant seem to find that thread anymore
glad i got in
Izzletodasmizzle
3/2/06 4:27 PM
Dynastar454 said:

bozo007 said:

SoBeyondTheNorm said:

I'm wondering though, is it possible to earn the additional 6K points in the first year but just eating lunch at a Starwood hotel and that would count as a stay?

Lunch is not equal to a stay.

Actually, some people have reported success buying things at the hotel. The trick is it needs to appear on your credit card as being billed by the Hotel, not the resturant. Often the resturant will allow you to pay your bill at the front desk if you ask, so give it a try.

this is true i just parked at a Sheraton once for 10 bucks and when my statement came i got an extra 1000 points for my first "stay" pretty sweet
jmk
3/3/06 2:40 PM
How does this card compare to Fidelity AMEX Gold? Gold's annual fee is picked up by Fidelity (w/ 5k assets) but costs 35 for rewards network so i guess a rub in cost.
pastrychef
3/4/06 4:02 PM
FFGuru

double (or) triple GREEN for you !

i have not seen this type of detail in the threads.
thx you very much for the efforts! this ffb thing is complicated,
yet you have given to much details which we truly appreciate.

nice to have rewards just for shopping.
thx you. will post when i getmy first reward.
thrusty
3/6/06 12:10 PM
Bummer, I applied for the card last week (through the AMEX website) and forgot to use cbass98's application link to get the sweet 6,000 bonus miles. I called AMEX to try and change it and the CSR said they cannot give me the cbass98 card offer.

Anybody know of a way to get my card offer changed to the one linked in this thread? I am thinking I should call the application department and maybe someboby there can help me out.
76hhma
3/6/06 12:25 PM
thrusty said:

Bummer, I applied for the card last week (through the AMEX website) and forgot to use cbass98's application link to get the sweet 6,000 bonus miles. I called AMEX to try and change it and the CSR said they cannot give me the cbass98 card offer.

Anybody know of a way to get my card offer changed to the one linked in this thread? I am thinking I should call the application department and maybe someboby there can help me out.

Call higher-up manager... usually they will accept a faxed copy of the offer or even a reference to that web page. Good luck!
thrusty
3/6/06 12:37 PM
76hhma said:

thrusty said:

Call higher-up manager... usually they will accept a faxed copy of the offer or even a reference to that web page. Good luck!

Yeah, that's probably what I should do. Get past the CSR and find somebody with more power, thanks for your help!
DBTZ
3/7/06 9:08 AM
thrusty said:

76hhma said:

thrusty said:

Yeah, that's probably what I should do. Get past the CSR and find somebody with more power, thanks for your help!

when i started the card in late 2004, they werent offering any bonus points.
abt 6 months later they began offering 4,000 points so i called up and told them that i just started the card and they shouldve offered me the points. took a good hlaf hour on the phone, but i did get my points credited (like 12 weeks later or whatever)
good luck to you
dont give up!!
thrusty
3/10/06 5:28 PM
It worked they gave it to me! Thanks for the advice.
Rezrez12
3/10/06 7:08 PM
DBTZ said:

FFGuru said:

DBTZ said:

this card is GREAAAAAAAAAT......
you can get upgraded to gold for free, (there was a thread abt this on FW)

I remember that thread too, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Do you remember where you saw it? I know you can get upgraded to Gold automatically by joining Ameniti (United Airlines' premier travel club) That may be an option, and when combined with the free companion travel, it may make it worth the steep Ameniti membership. For more info on Ameniti click here. Have they stopped giving out tremendous bonus miles for signing up?

How else can one upgrade to Starwood gold for the free upgrades?

your right, i cant seem to find that thread anymore
glad i got in

I got complementary Gold SPG status by having an AMEX Platinum Card. (It has the be the regular AMEX Platinum Card)

I know some of you have various cards, and if you call SPG and tell them you have the Platinum Card, they will upgrade you to Gold....

I don't know if thats just for the first year of if it's indefinately. I became Platinum with SPG shortly after that.

Thanks for all the useful information and the link for the 6000 bonus points!
5 of 49
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.