• Text Only
VanceWade said: Other than having an upper-middle-class income and strong credit profile, there's no reason for them to want to keep me. I'm a potential wiz-bang customer, but so far for them just a "customer."You said "lightly used." If that's the case it doesn't likely matter to them if you're upper-middle-class and carry no balance. I hope you don't take it personally.

Argh.

Applied for my card back last august -- over the web by clicking on one of those "25k" links. I remember the deal very clearly: 10k points at signup, 15k points after 6 mos. with $15k spend.

Got the 10k points immediately. Called about two months later to confirm the 15k points after $15k spend.

I shifted most of my spending to the card and managed to move $19k through it by my 6 mo. anniversary this February, but never got the followup 15k bonus points. I called AMEX, and the very helpful customer service rep. confirmed that I'd met the terms of the offer and had not been awarded the points, and "opened an investigation."

So I get a letter in the mail a few days ago saying they "could not confirm that I'd been solicited for the offer." Huh? The offer was all over the damned web last year. Of course it didn't occur to me to get a printout of the application page since I didn't think they would renege on their offer.

I've moved another $18k through the card since then and have never been late with a payment -- I'd like to think of myself as a good customer. I'm considering now whether to write them back or call, or maybe follow up on the online app. Anybody else have any luck getting them to reverse their position on things like this? I was promised those points and I want them!

It is still being advertised; here you go:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/click%3Bh=v8/381b/3/0/*/h%3B212639011%3B2-0%3B0%3B18430146%3B1-468/60%3B30591877/30609754/1%3B%3B~sscs%3D%3fhttp://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=3RNjq32bW*o&offerid=172041.10000609&subid=0&type=4

Zaos said: It is still being advertised; here you go:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/click%3Bh=v8/381b/3/0/*/h%3B212639011%...

Thanks; I didn't realize it was still advertised. The link on their home page only shows the 10k offer now. I'll forward them a printout of this; maybe it will do some good.

Oddly enough, whenever I try to print with my browser's print function, it only prints the app portion and not the left margin where the offer is listed. Must be some Javascript voodo or something. I had to settle for a screen shot. It's a little blurry but readable.

thok said: Argh.

Applied for my card back last august -- over the web by clicking on one of those "25k" links. I remember the deal very clearly: 10k points at signup, 15k points after 6 mos. with $15k spend.

Got the 10k points immediately. Called about two months later to confirm the 15k points after $15k spend.

I shifted most of my spending to the card and managed to move $19k through it by my 6 mo. anniversary this February, but never got the followup 15k bonus points. I called AMEX, and the very helpful customer service rep. confirmed that I'd met the terms of the offer and had not been awarded the points, and "opened an investigation."

So I get a letter in the mail a few days ago saying they "could not confirm that I'd been solicited for the offer." Huh? The offer was all over the damned web last year. Of course it didn't occur to me to get a printout of the application page since I didn't think they would renege on their offer.

I've moved another $18k through the card since then and have never been late with a payment -- I'd like to think of myself as a good customer. I'm considering now whether to write them back or call, or maybe follow up on the online app. Anybody else have any luck getting them to reverse their position on things like this? I was promised those points and I want them!

Same thing happened with my HHonors Bonus Points
It was like 30k for signup and if you spent 5k in 6 months they would bonus you another 30k. I met the terms and ended up fighting with them over issuing me my bonus points for meeting the spending limit. The last lady I talked to on the phone said (after I confirmed it with the previous CSR, who left a message saying she was crediting my 30k points) "I can only give you 25k without you faxing in the offer, and confirming (a bunch of bs paperwork)..." So of course I took the points and filed away the card.

Not happy with them over that 5k because it is principal more than the points themself. Sorry to hear they pull it on other people and not just me.

AMEX is getting so tight! 200k household income, 1 card with them, $300 balance reporting on my credit file of about 100k credit limits and a 770 credit score was just denied... Not sure what they want. Maybe just less business.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014